• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Only downfall with that: My dad wants me to maintain nothing less than a B+ if I live with him. Obviously school's going to have to come first.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
yea but man a b+ ain't to hard if you do work....

oh yea sorry about that crystal nite i didn't end going had a bunch of family problems but glad i didn'tnow b/c i would have hate to show up uninvited

so when kf and stars gonna have this rematch? kf got some new talent....

oh and mm team duel? anyone me and oro? have never lost a team duel in our whole yugioh career

rhan

Smash Hero
Depends. Maybe we can put something together while Theo's still in town (Unless you left already?). But yeah either way. We got 4 players that are willing to play.

About the team dueling. I don't/have ever done one. And the only other person I know that plays Yugioh is Pitzer.... So..... Maybe one of these days?

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
soon as my parents clear out the garage i will start hosting. But if anyone interested today i can hold like 3 heads in my room.

rhan

Smash Hero
If I get my car (Doubtful) tomorrow, I'll head up there. I get out of school around 12:30ish.

I'll keep Shaden updated if anything happens.

Cdot757

Smash Rookie
lol if i get enough training yeah but i dont play anyone anymore. thats partly my fought i dont check these boards as much as i should.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Dude so many people are playing now!!! For real...just hit up ETHER!!! That man is mad active nowadays!

Doooo iiiiittt

Did I mention both Ether AND THE DOUG are active again? Doug even went to two pretty big OOS tourneys in the last few months [HERB 2 in NC, and TO5 in GA along with a few other SoVa peoples, Caboose and Poehlcat =D]

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Random Tourney and ****!

Where:
Play N Trade of Virginia Beach
2201 Upton Dr Suite 906, Virginia Beach, VA, 23454
Phone:757-430-9269
e-mail:garybarnes@pntmail.com

O-NO/Play N Trade Present: " Fall Brawl " 10/17/09

When:
Saturday, October, 17th, 09'
Registration starts @ 1pm
Tournament starts @ 2pm (ish)

$5 Entery Fee

60/30/10 split (Store Credit) for 1st 2nd 3rd for all events.

We will be using the *Pound* 4 rules for this event. please read over them as you will be expected to follow them or risk Disqualification!!!

*Pound* 4 rules:

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Brawl will be on HDTV's, I will do my best to provide Component Cable's to cut back on most of the lag but its all i can do right now. Besides, this is really just for fun and store credit.

rhan

Smash Hero
How many people would be interested if me and S-Man hosted a tourney sometime in March or April?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
I may just HOST on Thursday. im actually off and its just kinda a random thought that poped into my head. i need to clear my head and maylay is the best way for me to do that right now. if im 100% on hosting ill post up thursday morning.

People i need to see.....

Cdot
Ether
Doug
Mashi
Cstick
Malco

EVERYONE from CNU (<3)

Team ****ing richmond (<33)

TOASTY mutha fackin TOAST (<333)

Oh yeah, and my birthday is coming up on the 27th. theres supposed to be a halloween/birthday party thing that I may be DJing for on Halloween. your all welcome. Its in Cheasapeake. for more info, find my facebook. it cant be to hard, im like the ONLY "Otis Lindsey" on the whole east coast.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I may just HOST on Thursday. im actually off and its just kinda a random thought that poped into my head. i need to clear my head and maylay is the best way for me to do that right now. if im 100% on hosting ill post up thursday morning.

Cdot
Ether
Doug
Mashi
Cstick
Malco

EVERYONE from CNU (<3)

Oh yeah, and my birthday is coming up on the 27th. theres supposed to be a halloween/birthday party thing that I may be DJing for on Halloween. your all welcome. Its in Cheasapeake. for more info, find my facebook. it cant be to hard, im like the ONLY "Otis Lindsey" on the whole east coast.
Kay. No love.

I want to play. Someone host soon.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
So, for real....who's going to Pound 4?

Ether? Doug?

I may be interested. If someone is willing to set up the hotel arrangements or some housing or whatever, Ill be willing to drive. Seriously whats good with Pound 4. itsl ike 3 months away. this is MORE than enough time to plan, (ETHER!) and get days off work, (ME! DOUG!) and get in some training (EVERYONE!!!!).

let me know.

rhan

Smash Hero
It's funny that you mention that. Me and Pitzer are willing to drive, but we can't get a hotel. If you're willing to set up the hotel arrangements, one of us can take you. (Of course we'll put money towards the room).

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
so rhan did you move? and i am down for a double duel mm whenever you are and your teammate just hit me up on the boards or call or text.....757-202-4262

and O-No i will come to a fest if that is okay

for pound 4 idk if i will be sleeping in my car or getting a hotel with kf but if anyone has or needs mor eheads for a hotel hit me up and maybe something can happen

i would have came to play cdot sorry saw your post to late =/, but if you start hosting i will mos def be interested in playing

as well i talked to gamestop at lynhaven mall not to long ago and they said if i can get i think it was 50 confirmed peple they will host a melee team tourny in the center of the mall like they did before brawl came out...anyone interested?

rhan

Smash Hero
so rhan did you move? and i am down for a double duel mm whenever you are and your teammate just hit me up on the boards or call or text.....757-202-4262
No. Dad hasn't called my mom back or anything. So That's another parent that doesn't want me....

for pound 4 idk if i will be sleeping in my car or getting a hotel with kf but if anyone has or needs mor eheads for a hotel hit me up and maybe something can happen
Everyone is SoVA should split rooms together. 2-3 rooms should be able to house everyone who plans to go. From STARS it's def. going to be me and Pitzer. S-Man's confirmation is sketchy. Possibly We could room with KF. I always bring my sleeping bag anyway cause I'm most comfortable on the floor.

Pitzer and I can give a share of money for the room. But I think Poitzer's trying to stay for Brawl too so at that point he's on his own.

as well i talked to gamestop at lynhaven mall not to long ago and they said if i can get i think it was 50 confirmed peple they will host a melee team tourny in the center of the mall like they did before brawl came out...anyone interested?
Gamestop tourneys ensure store credit. Not actual cash money. That's my only reason for possibly denying. Also they tend to think they know how to run the game.

As long as we play how we usually play then I'm down. Even if it's for store credit I wouldn't care.

CStick

Smash Lord

Cdot
Ether
Doug
Mashi
Cstick
Malco

EVERYONE from CNU (<3)

I can definitely show up, but I have work until about 11pm. I'll be a little late. How late do you plan on playing? I can bring a TV or two (or three) as well.

MELEE!

edit: also, I'm going to pound 4 for melee only. Hopefully SoVA puts SOMEONE in or close to the bracket, lol. *coughetherdontsquanderyoureouronlyhopepossblycough*

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
I can definitely show up, but I have work until about 11pm. I'll be a little late. How late do you plan on playing? I can bring a TV or two (or three) as well.

MELEE!

edit: also, I'm going to pound 4 for melee only. Hopefully SoVA puts SOMEONE in or close to the bracket, lol. *coughetherdontsquanderyoureouronlyhopepossblycough*
Eff gamestop. if you wanna melee I can prolly run one at my store. ill just have to work out the details with STV's with my boss.

GTFO thursday will be 9pm. IF i host.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to come O-NO but I'm done with class late Thursday...we'll see.

Also Speedyoshi and I are going to Pound 4 and I'm probably going to end up driving. Whoever wants to split a hotel room lemme know.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Rhan im down for stars to stay with Kf but i am only one member out of a crew which i think has 6 confirmed heads...not including Jwolf -coughbecauseheissupposeivlynotinkf=P- yet im sure that jwolf will be rooming with us so yea i will talk to them about rooming situations mos lik'ly tonight when i see them

and O-NO if you host a tournemnt at your shop count me in and i can maybe confirm 5 others

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm down with room splitting. We should all carpool there too. That way people don't get lost (John for me, I'm bad with directions. Ask Ether).

JWulf knows he cannot pass up such a amazing tourney. Right as of now me and Pitzer are driving our own cars (Possibly I might have to ride with him if it comes to it). And in that car it's gonna be Pitzer, S-Man, G-Mon and I.

The journey to Pound 4 is going to be fepic. Especially now that I got a Ipod frequency singal-er.... thing. Anyway I can listen to my Ipod through the raido now. :D

Edit: I gotz mah wheels back.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Tourney at c-stick's? I think so, back to movie marathon...

can you believe keith ledger won the oscar for best supporting actor? I saw the black night today for the first time and he was the worst riddler I ever seen, jack nicklaus was way better and he is a golf legend

Link O maC

Smash Cadet
Well, then i guess we can all be thankful that he wasn't the riddler, but the joker.
see you this weekend trey! :D

toasty

Smash Hero
Tourney at c-stick's? I think so, back to movie marathon...

can you believe keith ledger won the oscar for best supporting actor? I saw the black night today for the first time and he was the worst riddler I ever seen, jack nicklaus was way better and he is a golf legend
lololol

also:

I'm making it to brackets at Pound 4.

Get at me.

[did I mention I lovelovelooove being a Marth main, now?]

CSTICK! SEE THAT?! I ****ING SETTLED ON A CHARACTER. WHAT'S GOOD WITH THAT, SON?!

The_Doug

Smash Ace

Cdot
Ether
Doug
Mashi
Cstick
Malco

EVERYONE from CNU (<3)

CAGE MATCH!!!

Halloween costume parties are fun too.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
toasty what is your second?

glad to hear you got your wipp back rhan

Laugh, and DOugh im down we all dress up like our smash charcters and then we can have a live smash tournemtn!

toasty

Smash Hero
toasty- what happened to flaco?
I'm interested in maining him but I need time to "practice in my room" a bit as the people I get to play the few times I'm able to play just don't give me a chance to breathe and really learn. I've been using Marth for a LONG time so even though I didn't have a lot of his stuff down til recently, it wasn't terribly foreign. Whereas I'm trying to force too many new ideas on my Falco when I'm still not even completely comfortable with the character's movement and approaches.

He's still there though :)

But I'm using Falco/Fox/Sheik/FALCONNNN in friendlies if I'm not Marth.

Ether

Smash Ace
I'm down with room splitting. We should all carpool there too. That way people don't get lost (John for me, I'm bad with directions. Ask Ether).

JWulf knows he cannot pass up such a amazing tourney. Right as of now me and Pitzer are driving our own cars (Possibly I might have to ride with him if it comes to it). And in that car it's gonna be Pitzer, S-Man, G-Mon and I.

The journey to Pound 4 is going to be fepic. Especially now that I got a Ipod frequency singal-er.... thing. Anyway I can listen to my Ipod through the raido now. :D

Edit: I gotz mah wheels back.
That Ipod frequency thing is like the coolest ****ing thing for a car, ever!

O-NO, I'm actually not sure if I'm going to Pound 4. I'll know by the end of this month. I think the only thing stopping me is laziness. And if you host tomorrow, I can come after 8 pm when I get off work.

My birthday is next week, guys, on Tuesday. I hear people like to throw birthday smash fests and tourneys and ****. How about

Ether presents smash marathon

Saturday from 5pm - 10pm
Sunday from 3 pm - 9 pm
Monday from 3 pm - 10 pm

I have THREE motha ****ing tvs, motha ****ers, THREE. One is mine, one is from toasty toast, and one is from Lisa's sister. If ya'll can bring cubes, this will be ****ing awesome.

I'll have to run the idea by Lisa first >.>

O-NO

Smash Journeyman

O-NO, I'm actually not sure if I'm going to Pound 4. I'll know by the end of this month. I think the only thing stopping me is laziness. And if you host tomorrow, I can come after 8 pm when I get off work.

My birthday is next week, guys, on Tuesday. I hear people like to throw birthday smash fests and tourneys and ****. How about

Saturday from 5pm - 10pm
Sunday from 3 pm - 9 pm
Monday from 3 pm - 10 pm

I have THREE motha ****ing tvs, motha ****ers, THREE. One is mine, one is from toasty toast, and one is from Lisa's sister. If ya'll can bring cubes, this will be ****ing awesome.

I just happen to be off work from BOTH jobs at least 2 of these days....:squirtle:

rhan

Smash Hero
[did I mention I lovelovelooove being a Marth main, now?]
**** Marth.

YESSSSS!!!!

And also you've GOT to know by the end of this month. Pre-reg ends Nov 1st and you HAVE to pre-reg or no tourney (So what I've read/heard).

Saturday from 5pm - 10pm
Sunday from 3 pm - 9 pm
Monday from 3 pm - 10 pm

I'm back on schedule so I'll find out my days off and get back to you on this. All those days seems legit. No idea how long I can stay on Sunday or Monday. Probably have to leave around 7 or so. :(

Top Bottom