• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so we all had a free bracket tourney with most of the people on VT's campus and i went flawless happily..jiggs is broken..though i only used her once on corneria vs fox..

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Mindgames?!?!?! if anyone pick a (non main) jiggz on corneria vs my fox, i will feel very **** confident.

Maybe its only my opinion.

Ether

Smash Ace
Someone needs to bring a tv today. Doug usually brings one, but he probably isn't coming today. I don't need to remind you all how boring this will be with one tv.

Start showing up at 4. This will probably be a fest instead of a tourney, but meh, maybe we'll run that, too.

rhan

Smash Hero
rhan's avatar matches his 1,666 posts!!!

RUN
i bet riku plays arcana heart

edit: i have a request of sova to 1) click on this link

http://www.youtube.com/user/Shaeman111

and 2) to read the description on the left side of the page

it is related
"Harry Ganon and the sorcerer's Triforce of Power."

Are there any Falco's here good at fighting Ganon's? I desperately need some practice vs him.
Ask Shaeman. He plays one of the best local Ganon's more than I do. He's about CStick's level.

so we all had a free bracket tourney with most of the people on VT's campus and i went flawless happily..jiggs is broken..though i only used her once on corneria vs fox..
How good are the people up there?

Ether

Smash Ace
Whew! That was awesome. Seeing Toasty, eggSniper, and Poehlcat was REALLY cool. JWolf and Malco are still beasts, and Logic has a really nice Ganon and Falco.

Bad things that happened. Dean has my memory card, and the crew battle that we recorded was corrupted. Oh well.

Thanks everyone for coming out.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Serious Post:

(Havent done one of these in a while)

I think its really important for members of the smash community to have knowledge of what can and has happened in a major tournament. This kind of stuff causes anger and commotion among and outside of the smash community. In such a light, this type of thing is a learning experience. However, it can also go in the books as probably one of the greatest tragedies in all of competitive gaming history (yes, even outside of smash).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249529

Edit: It also might not hurt to read the comments. For entertainment purposes, yes, but also for knowledge of the type of major discussion going on right now. There enlies: charity ideas for the ECRC, an argument between a well-known pro and a Mod, jerky comments from the peanut gallery, etc.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
Whew! That was awesome. Seeing Toasty, eggSniper, Poehlcat, and Riku was REALLY cool. JWolf and Malco are still beasts, and Logic has a really nice Ganon and Falco.

Bad things that happened. Dean has my memory card, and the crew battle that we recorded was corrupted. Oh well.

Thanks everyone for coming out.
fixed lol.......i'll do shoutouts later.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
I had sone real fun today. SoVa is mad chill. JWolf and Ether ****** **** all dai. The crew battle was corrupted? WTFFFFFFFFFFF!?!? My victory over Ether is gone. And my boy Batman is awesome. Everyone is awesome. This was a great welcome to SOVA BAYBEEEE!!!!!!!!

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I had sone real fun today. SoVa is mad chill. JWolf and Ether ****** **** all dai. The crew battle was corrupted? WTFFFFFFFFFFF!?!? My victory over Ether is gone. And my boy Batman is awesome. Everyone is awesome. This was a great welcome to SOVA BAYBEEEE!!!!!!!!
you beat ETHER????

my man. LOL

CStick

Smash Lord
someone should host Sunday

because I'm off Sunday

anyone who wants to host Sunday, raise your hand

*slowly and unknowingly raises own hand, assuming no one else will host*

oooh, would you look at that >.>

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
I might be going to Richmond this weekend. If not then I would be down to go to Cticks or maybe even host something here. I'd have to get the ok from my roommate but I know he won't care.

Ether's: Lots of fun. Great to see everybody.

Malco you've gotten a lot better ...I need lots of Falco practice so lets play some more.

Jwolf you're a beast I had a lot of fun playing you in doubles let's get some singles matches.

Riku we had some good doubles matches too. Always a pleasure man you're a cool guy.

Batman nice to meet you even though I think I might have once before. Either way let's get some more singles too.

There were a couple people there too whose names I didn't catch and who I never played so whoever you are we need to play some MELEE.

Ether the way you play smash is inspiring I want to play you a lot more.

S.R. XXVII you're logic right? I had a lot of fun talking to you we should get some good singles matches.

Lisa thanks for having everyone your Sheik is really interesting you always catch me off guard. Let's play some more.

Toasty glad I got to see you even though it wasn't for very long. Keep on beasting Georgia and then emerge at Pound 4 with some amazing quirky top tier that ***** everybody.

Dean glad to see the Sova Yoshi has not stopped ******.

tl;dr:

Everyone at Ether's : You're amazing let's play some more singles.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts:

Ether - Thanks 4 hosting. It's always fun teaming with you and plaing against you. Next time we need to get some singles matches in.

JWolf - You're too good in teams. Way to hold things down. We def. need to get some moar singles in next time.

Toasty - It's always nice to see u, even if it was 4 a moment. Maybe next time we'll get some matches in.

EggSniper - Always a pleasure seeing the SoVa Yoshi in action. Good seeing yo again.

Poelcat - It's always fun playing with you man.

Logic - Nice meeting you man. Fun playing against you too. Now we have another Gannon in the area. CStick whwere u at?

Malco - Always fun chillin with u.

Batman - Pleasure chillin with u as well.

Aurora - Your Sheik has gotten alot better. Keep it up.

To everyone else - Good **** as usual.

And I'm suprised that I could still play this game even though it's been almost 5 months.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
1)Ether
Thank you for having me over it was a pleasure playing you as well

2)Poehlcat
I def enjoyed playing you as well and if cstick is really hosting I def would like to see you their....if you decided not to go to richmond

3)Logic
To bad we never got to test our peach and gannon team out.....really glad you got to play with some of sova and can't wait to see you at pound 4!

4)Eggzspiper
to bad i came late b/c i have not seen you since the first time i came to cnu, and i remember your yoshi rap'ing so now i def really would like to see what you yoshi can do!

6)RIku
RIku your a beast, enough said

7)Lisa
Didn't get to play with you =(, but mos def glad to be able to see you and thanks again for having me over

8)for everyone else
yea fun playing hopefully everyones comes to the next fest

TOasty to bad i didn't get to see you ='(

Cstick are you really hosting? sunday?
If not it is possible no promises but i might just host a team tourny sunday since we didn't get the chance to have it at ethers.....? but i won't lie I don't know if i can and if i do i would like a big show up....so who would come?

CStick

Smash Lord
Garage tourney like the good 'ol days?
yes, except that the weather will be nicer, and it'll be more of a fest thingy

I have two TVs, two cubes, one melee disc. I may get lucky and get two more TVs from work. Just gotta see if my boss will sell the daamn things to me already.

rhan

Smash Hero
Schoolie i wanna MM u next time i see you. (this goes against my code, but i havent played u in years)
So it's only ok if you take my money? :confused:

MM when you come back. I'm trying to get the 4th off bro. :)

Edit: Garage tourney? I'm off tomorrow and may possibly have enough monies to chill. Uhh.... I'm out of school around 12:30pm ish tomorrow. Also if there would be any smash happenings going down Saturday as well... Inform me. I got that day off too. :)

rhan

Smash Hero
rhan you sman should come sunday trade saturday for sunday with someone i want to see you two

plus i want to wreck havick in teams =P
If I do that then I have to be back home by 8pm. So...... If I'm off Saturday.... I can stay out until whenever.

back from the dead. I got locked out of here for a while. lol Man college is boring ._.
Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg&feature=channel_page any1 help me I still can't beat him..

who's this ganon main i hear of? I want to Roy his ganon
Are you still willing to drive to Pound 4? I'm pre-regging this weekend.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
So it's only ok if you take my money? :confused:

MM when you come back. I'm trying to get the 4th off bro. :)

Edit: Garage tourney? I'm off tomorrow and may possibly have enough monies to chill. Uhh.... I'm out of school around 12:30pm ish tomorrow. Also if there would be any smash happenings going down Saturday as well... Inform me. I got that day off too. :)
What do you mean? I plan on taking schoolie's money...

back from the dead. I got locked out of here for a while. lol Man college is boring ._.
Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg&feature=channel_page any1 help me I still can't beat him..

who's this ganon main i hear of? I want to Roy his ganon
LOL college is soooo not boring wtf

Top Bottom