• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
well rhan or sman i really iwant to smash with you guys so we should def think of some way to play

and thanks again cstick for having me over
If I can get out the house Sunday then I'm willing to drive me and him to VA Beach to chill. We would need a place to play of course. :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
you mean this one?

EDIT: WTF?

EDITEDIT: here

EDITEDITEDIT: NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

here! ---> http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/curiousenver/nojohns.png

OMFGLASTEDIT: it said my bandwidth was exceeded but now it's showing up? I'm so confused...but ANYWAY...

gahhhh I wish I made that one! hell I wish I KNEW who made it! it's toooo good XD

also.

Boose.

When you come to my house on Saturday and/or go around with me on Sunday............................

wear some ****ing pants.

god ****.

Ether

Smash Ace
Sweet, hope you're back soon mate.
Thanks man. I can't wait to team. I saw your interview at either Herb or TO...don't remember. It was pretty sweet...but your Sheik is freakin' iconic and will always be your main.

If I can get out the house Sunday then I'm willing to drive me and him to VA Beach to chill. We would need a place to play of course. :)
How about a team tourney at my place on Sunday?

TIME CONSTRAINTS D:

good to hear from you ether. best wishes
Thanks. You should come over sometime.

CStick

Smash Lord
Batman: no probz

Malco and co.: you get nastier every time I see you

Doug and Jwolf: too good, and thanks for coming out

yea...next time I'll choose a day where we all don't have to worry about me kicking people out so I can go get wasted, lol. Sorry, but i have...'priorities' >.>

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
anyone tryin to do both....>_>

and lol boose that is just too much!

rhan

Smash Hero
That's cool. I'll possibly have to be back at my house before 9pm. So hopefully it won't last that long.

Me and Shaeman got top 2. Unless he ditches me for Ether. :(

Edit: And like always I'll bring my setup.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Team tourney? I's is gon need a partner. My cousin refuses to play Melee, and I doubt he'll wanna team with me. He's Brawl only >_> This is Melee we're talking, right? And also, is it at the address in the first post?

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
yea ether im down for a team tourny me and oro? will be their mos def!....
-cough-jwolf and malco better watch themselves-cough- =P

glad to hear your back ether....

and im sure jray and di ck(that is weird why they bleep di ck out? it is a name as well not just a curse word) will be teaming their as well

Jwolf hopefully will be seeing any of your train'ies coming?

and cstick np at all that you had to leave sorry that we all cheated you and were like "one more match"

..oh and ether will the tourny be starting at 3? or will you give ppl a little time to come? and how much is it to enter?(if money is involved)

Ether

Smash Ace
ok.........how about Monday?

Also, I'm ****ing pissed. I got into a Brawl vs. Melee argument with a friend. I asked him what he thought of Melee. He said he hates it because he hates losing in 30 seconds. I said, everything has a counter, and you can find it, right? He said no, and the only reason I'm as good as I am is because I've been playing since Melee came out. He says everybody plays Marth, sheik, fox, and falco, and I tried explaining the rise of Jiggs, Peach, Falcon, and Ganon and many, many others and he just said goodbye and I left.

This was after 3 hours of me ****** him and two other friends in Brawl using Marth and the mindgames I have from Melee. And during the ****, he says that I could never beat a pro Snake because Snake has this ability that whenever you touch him, you blow up. What is this ability? I refuse to believe it's broken because Snake would banned, then. But it pissed me off that he didn't think I could ever train hard enough to beat a pro Snake. I mean, I ****ing believe I can do anything I put my mind to. And I know I'm not alone in thinking that no character is without flaws that can be exploited. Like, Kadaj will **** up a Metaknight and call it a day. This friend of mine complained when I told my team mate (we were doing teams) to go Metaknight even though we were behind in the set! I looked at him and said, "Hey, I could go MK instead, if you really want." And he said, "No, if you play MK I'm quitting cuz I don't want any of that Melee bull****." That attitude really pisses me the **** off.

He says that all you play around sova are people who use Marth, fox, falco, sheik, and we all know that SoVa has Roys, Pikas, Yoshi, Pichus, jiggs, and like 30 falcons and ganons. And like the only ones who are any good with those top four (Marth, fox, etc.) are people who are in crews and take the game to the next level. So beating the average Fox around here shouldn't be a problem, since it's not like you'll get shine combo'd.

Just the lack of drive and the constant *****ing about people who are skilled ****ing makes me homicidal.

And I suck at Brawl. But I like to play. And I love you guys, because you guys know where I'm coming from.

I feel better already.

I'm sorry for the rant.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
That would be soo much better ether! I would be able to make that no problem!

And that's bull**** about that whole brawl thing. I hate when people are ignorant about melee or brawl.

Ether

Smash Ace
Hey Kadaj, any idea what he was talking about with Snake having this PK Thunder Jacket ability?

I just had a dream where we were arguing about this, and I threw my keys at his face. Guess I'm still ticked.

rhan

Smash Hero
Darn I can't do Sunday - have plans. Both Friday and Saturday I'm free but no worries.

We need more teams practice Ether and find out our best character combo/stages!
Donkey Kong won't be there...? :(

ok.........how about Monday?
No go bro. Work + School = SchoolWork.

Also, I'm ****ing pissed. I got into a Brawl vs. Melee argument with a friend. I asked him what he thought of Melee. He said he hates it because he hates losing in 30 seconds. I said, everything has a counter, and you can find it, right? He said no, and the only reason I'm as good as I am is because I've been playing since Melee came out. He says everybody plays Marth, sheik, fox, and falco, and I tried explaining the rise of Jiggs, Peach, Falcon, and Ganon and many, many others and he just said goodbye and I left.
This was after 3 hours of me ****** him and two other friends in Brawl using Marth and the mindgames I have from Melee. And during the ****, he says that I could never beat a pro Snake because Snake has this ability that whenever you touch him, you blow up. What is this ability? I refuse to believe it's broken because Snake would banned, then. But it pissed me off that he didn't think I could ever train hard enough to beat a pro Snake. I mean, I ****ing believe I can do anything I put my mind to. And I know I'm not alone in thinking that no character is without flaws that can be exploited. Like, Kadaj will **** up a Metaknight and call it a day. This friend of mine complained when I told my team mate (we were doing teams) to go Metaknight even though we were behind in the set! I looked at him and said, "Hey, I could go MK instead, if you really want." And he said, "No, if you play MK I'm quitting cuz I don't want any of that Melee bull****." That attitude really pisses me the **** off.
Ignorance is bliss. To me, it just sounds like he's not willing to learn about a game that is reaching it's prime and possibly turning point.

LOL! So he's one of those guys who hates to lose. Especially at his own game. It's the competitive spirit in all smashers to become the best and win a majority of our matches. He sounds a lot like my little bro though (Execpt my bro hates Brawl). But he hates to lose in Melee too and after losing 1 or twice he's bound to leave the room. Even when I play Young Link he said dumb **** like "Everyone on this game is cheap." or "You play the cheap characters." And we both play Samus... So insted of beating him over and over I try to show him his weaknesses. I have a tape that we record on over and over just to review the matches and what would should have been done at certian points. Only problem with this is that the other person has to be willing to learn and listen insted of blowing it off completly.

He says that all you play around sova are people who use Marth, fox, falco, sheik, and we all know that SoVa has Roys, Pikas, Yoshi, Pichus, jiggs, and like 30 falcons and ganons. And like the only ones who are any good with those top four (Marth, fox, etc.) are people who are in crews and take the game to the next level. So beating the average Fox around here shouldn't be a problem, since it's not like you'll get shine combo'd.
YOUNG LAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK NIGGGGGAAAAAAAA!

Top tier players are known for winning while us good low tiers are known for popularity. It's a fact of life.

Good way to vent Ether. :)

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i'm drunk about to go to bed down ches. blvd in norfolk... heading to DC tomorrow mornin but ill be back monday and staying the night again. someone better be down to melee then!! don't be scurrrred
this man is in norfolk and no one will play him!?!?!?!?!?!?

come on sova, step stack it up!

EDIT: I just read rhan's post, and he's EXACTLY right. Ive met people around here like that and they just dont understand that competitive gaming has many of the same ins and outs of sports. you cant in all seriousness expect to be on the same level as, say, kobe just because you're as old as him and have been playing basketball for the same amount of time. No reason for u to be mad, ether, if ur using a legitimately logical approach to his ignorance and he insists on having none of it.

PS It might do some good to show him these posts (or do some bad, either way it will show him that you're not alone in the way you think; also, any of us would wreck ur friend)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I haven't read anything past Ether's first post about the shenanigans that occurred between him and said ******** friend...but as far what he's talking about with Snake?

ZOMG what a nooooooooob for him to say that. WOW.

Unless there's some GODLIKE AT that I don't know about, if Snake pulls out a grenade and shields while holding it, it drops to the ground...most people who know Snake know that. So what good Snakes and emulating nubs tend to do is to bait an attack while holding a grenade [such as a ledge-get-up-attack] and simply shield.

The grenade blows up from you attacking it.

Snake takes no damage because he's in his shield.

GG.

PS: see how ****ing foolish and ignorant your friend is for even suggesting what he did?

PPS: I'm about to go to the airport, get on a plane, and melt faces in SoVa N****!!!

edit: OMG kick him in ****? that's ****ed up yo XD

Top Bottom