• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I started it after i finished ouran high school host club. first episode made me want to see more, but I've been busy.

p.s. who needs greens? it's all about the city.
Dont you mean, the "Road"?

Better yet, when u counterpick mute city, just say: "We're takin it to da' streetz"

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Ether is this green green tourn a team tourny? And almost all of kf will be coming....what time ethera? And rhan and sman will you guys be attending?
In case anyone was wondering, ether comes from the Latin aether which means "sky" or "heaven." Since aether is a neuter noun and heaven is commonly put in plural form (by the Romans long ago and by modern speakers of various languages) and words borrowed from Latin commonly use Latin plural forms (i.e. datum>data, matrix>matrices, cervix>cervices, alumnus>alumni, etc.[= et cetera, which means "and the rest"]), the word "ethera" is legit.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
In case anyone was wondering, ether comes from the Latin aether which means "sky" or "heaven." Since aether is a neuter noun and heaven is commonly put in plural form (by the Romans long ago and by modern speakers of various languages) and words borrowed from Latin commonly use Latin plural forms (i.e. datum>data, matrix>matrices, cervix>cervices, alumnus>alumni, etc.[= et cetera, which means "and the rest"]), the word "ethera" is legit.
I was wondering, in fact.

Thanks.

Also aether is not neuter its a masculine noun and the plural form would be aetheres.

Ether

Smash Ace
Sigged, and you're the first person that I've heard mention the sky/heaven definition of ether instead of the Final Fantasy version. Not that others haven't, but just the first I've heard. That's the meaning I intended.

There can only be one King of Green Greens, but if you guys really want, we can run a Green Greens Team Stargem Challenge. Four stargems per team.

So KoGG 2 singles - $1 per entrant
KoGG 2 teams - 4 stargems per team

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
didn't read the last few pages but i'm guessing theo told you that code geass and death note were my favorite animes. This season isn't as good honestly. I've watched tiers to tiara but i don't recommend it. too slow till like episode 18 or so; guin saga and phantom have the ability to hold interest and are worth watching but they aren't of the same quality as something like death note. Full metal alchemist is good if you haven't watched it.

I'm sure i could think of some good anime if i could remember what i had watched.

I've watched...

Fate stay night - maybe an 8? possibly a 7

X 1999 - 8

gundam 00 - 7/8

black cat - i liked the opening song..i can't help it..some parts were really good, but i thought the last story arc was bad..the first half is definitely worth seeing. So something like 8 and 5 for each part respectively.

full metal panic was really good in all seasons especially season 2 though which deserves a 9

getbackers was like a 7/8 combat style anime...really cliche badass moments. I really like the thunder emperor techno music..it definitely says, I AM BADASS ***** PREPARE TO DIE...which may not be a really polite thing to say..but when they're about to die they probably don't care.

I would probably give getbackers a 7 though; i don't like stupid sappy DBZ style revival animes.

Dead char for the win

Kaze no stigma was a fun fantasy martial arts type anime...only a 7 though..but i should point out that even though it doesn't bring anything new to the table it does the old cliche stuff well enough that it held my interest.

tower of druaga deserves an 8 if you like the random MMO humor in it..though most episodes are pretty standard fantasy/combat...but i just like the opening episode too much...it's so satirical.

Utawarerumono deserves an 8 at least, would probably be a 9 if it didn't keep main char alive for no reason. Really enjoyed this series, fun combat, interesting plot, slows down a bit midseries though.

Anyways, that's all i can think of atm, i didn't list the dozens of <7/10 animes that i've watched.

hate to say it but i enjoyed princess no tsukaima or whatever that magic/romance/ecchi anime was. that annoying voice grows on you.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
didn't read the last few pages but i'm guessing theo told you that code geass and death note were my favorite animes. This season isn't as good honestly. I've watched tiers to tiara but i don't recommend it. too slow till like episode 18 or so; guin saga and phantom have the ability to hold interest and are worth watching but they aren't of the same quality as something like death note. Full metal alchemist is good if you haven't watched it.

I'm sure i could think of some good anime if i could remember what i had watched.

I've watched...

Fate stay night - maybe an 8? possibly a 7

X 1999 - 8

gundam 00 - 7/8

black cat - i liked the opening song..i can't help it..some parts were really good, but i thought the last story arc was bad..the first half is definitely worth seeing. So something like 8 and 5 for each part respectively.

full metal panic was really good in all seasons especially season 2 though which deserves a 9

getbackers was like a 7/8 combat style anime...really cliche badass moments. I really like the thunder emperor techno music..it definitely says, I AM BADASS ***** PREPARE TO DIE...which may not be a really polite thing to say..but when they're about to die they probably don't care.

I would probably give getbackers a 7 though; i don't like stupid sappy DBZ style revival animes.

Dead char for the win

Kaze no stigma was a fun fantasy martial arts type anime...only a 7 though..but i should point out that even though it doesn't bring anything new to the table it does the old cliche stuff well enough that it held my interest.

tower of druaga deserves an 8 if you like the random MMO humor in it..though most episodes are pretty standard fantasy/combat...but i just like the opening episode too much...it's so satirical.

Utawarerumono deserves an 8 at least, would probably be a 9 if it didn't keep main char alive for no reason. Really enjoyed this series, fun combat, interesting plot, slows down a bit midseries though.

Anyways, that's all i can think of atm, i didn't list the dozens of <7/10 animes that i've watched.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so tech is a slight disappointment.. i was hoping to come here and get *****, but while the player i played today is supposedly about as good as the best guy here atm, he only played slightly better than theo and slightly worse than shaden...a falco main. I lost a few matches, but also got a few random 4 stocks...just tippers out of nowhere or rapid gimps..

but i'm afraid that i'm ont getting punished for as many mistakes..it's noticeable how much better shaden's OOS game is than this guy..so i get away with too much and may start building bad habits.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
there's a good chance that the best Tech players are either no longer there or they just don't live on campus...maybe not all tech players really know who "the best on campus" is? Redd should be going there too...old school as hell, though he's probably rusty >_>

edit: Fort Gordon is about 3 hours from where I am

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i don't think anyone plays anything other than brawl while a lot of good players like chillin are gone. I'll keep looking. There is a scene of sorts at least

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
So when will this green green singles and teams tourny starting? Like what time tomorrow and cstick your disappionting me that you can't go I wanted to knock you out of the star gem tourn and now your not even going to the green green tourny... :(....oh ether all of kf will be attending or at least most of kf.... We could run a few crew battles after the tourn if your down?

rhan

Smash Hero
Ether is this green green tourn a team tourny? And almost all of kf will be coming....what time ethera? And rhan and sman will you guys be attending?
I can't believed I missed this.

I have no idea if me and/or S-man will come. It's like the weekend before school. So I have no idea. I'm down with comming either day. But if S-man doesn't come with me then I won't come. But if he's comming then I'll drive him.

I'm possibly bringing G-O out of retirement. Watch out for the Ganon.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion

Thanks.

Also aether is not neuter its a masculine noun and the plural form would be aetheres.

I, sir, have just been owned.

Partially correct. I was wrong that aether is a neuter noun. I took Latin a while back, but the reason I remember it being neutral is because the plural form is aethera:

http://www.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?stem=aether&ending=

Thanks.

I, sir, have just been owned.

Partially correct. I was wrong that aether is a neuter noun. I took Latin a while back, but the reason I remember it being neutral is because the plural form is aethera:

http://www.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?stem=aether&ending=

===========================================

In other news, did anyone else notice KP's epic triple post?

KP: Why do you continue to watch anime if you haven't found anything worthy of a 9 or 10? You seem to express more dissapointment than elation in your responses to some of the "best" anime that you've watched.
In response to your reaction to Tech: I feel the same way about Duke, only I actually expected them to be worse than they are. I mean, they're still bad lol, but the main melee players actually know the importance of advanced techs and the utmost inferiority of Brawl. I just won the first melee "tourney" of the year, but it was not legit because the TV's were HD[=lag], BUT the good news is that DJ Romo, a junior, is gonna start hosting statewide biweeklies (for which you all should come).

And wth is this about some guy being better than me and worse than Shaden?? Have you forgotten that that's impossible?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Is that a picture from Ecce Romani? It looks like it.

That book ****ing sucks/rules at the same time.
I edited my post but it took forever to update cuz swf is randomly slow, so everyone should read it.

Yeah its ecce romani. Ecce, in pictura est puella nomine cornelia. cornelia est puella romana quae in italia habitat...

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
so tech is a slight disappointment.. i was hoping to come here and get *****, but while the player i played today is supposedly about as good as the best guy here atm, he only played slightly better than theo and slightly worse than shaden...a falco main. I lost a few matches, but also got a few random 4 stocks...just tippers out of nowhere or rapid gimps..

but i'm afraid that i'm ont getting punished for as many mistakes..it's noticeable how much better shaden's OOS game is than this guy..so i get away with too much and may start building bad habits.
I know how you feel man. I had such high hopes of going here at VCU and getting better by playing new and different competitors. But instead I haven't really found anyone to commpette with. I haven't found anyone for melee or Guilty Gear ac, or Blaze blue, or Melty Blood Actress again.

rhan

Smash Hero
High chance I'm not going to Ether's tomorrow/today. I gotta take my little bro to his football game at 2. But we got to be there at like 1. Then I gotta go to work because I was originally suppose to go in at 11am. but I convinced my boss so I could come in at 3. One big hecktic day for me.....

So to keep it simple.... Rhan can't smash.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
.........................................................................................I'm going to be in VA during this.

What.

The.

;_______;
I know how you feel man. I had such high hopes of going here at VCU and getting better by playing new and different competitors. But instead I haven't really found anyone to commpette with. I haven't found anyone for melee or Guilty Gear ac, or Blaze blue, or Melty Blood Actress again.
WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING TOPE & CO.??!?!?!?!?!?!

send a PM to Tope you fool!

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
.........................................................................................I'm going to be in VA during this.

What.

The.

;_______;

WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING TOPE & CO.??!?!?!?!?!?!

send a PM to Tope you fool!
lol i'll try and get in touch with them again

rhan

Smash Hero
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, Ether, with whatever may be happing. I hope it's not too serious though. :(

rhan

Smash Hero
LOL Yo S-Dude you think I can come over tomorrow for a little bit? I'm in Hampton right now and I don't feel like going back to Gloucester so soon tomorrow. :(

Top Bottom