• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
okay it is official now fest at my place at four o'clock today, just moved back with the parents laugh and already holding a fest =)

address is:
5000 Johnsmith CT.
Virginia Beach VA 23464

it will be litterally right next to kempsville highschool in a court my house will be the one with the white fence around it. park either in the grass next to other cars or in front of the house

SETUPS!!!!! NEEDED!!!!!!!! I have one setup and if everyone who comes would just like to play on that then one setup is fine......but really BRING SETUPS!...if possible :)

anyone and everyone is invited I would like a lot of people to show if possible..... sman and rhan i know i would love for either if not both of you to come

phone number is 757-202-4262 feel free to call or text if lost

rhan

Smash Hero
We've already made plans.....

Next time when you host give us both like 2-3 days notice. I can work something out then...

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
On thursday september 17th I will be leaving my last class at COA(nags head, NC area) at 9:30pm-ish and going straight to norfolk. Taking amtrak the next morning from newport news. Anyone down to smash when I get into town at around midnight? ether is from norfolk right? :>

ps. MELEE

rhan

Smash Hero
rhan what if i told you you'd have the honor of picking me up on the way to batman's?
Does that honor come with 10$ in gas moneys?

Anyway me and S-Man already made plans before his fest came up. :( Seriously I don't wanna miss anymore smash events that happen. Also if I would have came my mom wanted me home before 8. So that would have just been a ride up there then back 10 minutes later....

On thursday september 17th I will be leaving my last class at COA(nags head, NC area) at 9:30pm-ish and going straight to norfolk. Taking amtrak the next morning from newport news. Anyone down to smash when I get into town at around midnight? ether is from norfolk right? :>

ps. MELEE
Ether's lives in VA Beach but the exit to his house isn't long after the HRBT. If you're iun Newport News then you got Shaeman and CNU.

Since school would have started by then I wouldn't be in the 757 on weekdays....

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
so rhan when school starts you won't be smashing as much?

and royboy to bad you couldn't make it but if you don't mind me asking if i know you?....it wouldn't have been a problem if you came just currios?

rhan

Smash Hero
so rhan when school starts you won't be smashing as much?

and royboy to bad you couldn't make it but if you don't mind me asking if i know you?....it wouldn't have been a problem if you came just currios?
I'll be smashing during school. I just need to get a good cash flow before I decide to drive. My car eats gas how termites eat wood.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Everyone in SoVa should randomly decide to come to this AMAAAAZING tournament in Georgia this weekend: Tipped Off 5.

For real, incredible talent from allll overrrr!

And don't give me distance Johns...Tope and Cyrain are coming to this!
[okay 9 hours is pretty legit but STILL..*cries*]

I just miss my SoVa bros :(

here's the thread for people to ignore:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224069

<3<3<3

also: it's a 3 day weekend! Seriously! Just drive down and I got you for housing...just bring blankets and pillows :) I'll be housing Ihavespaceballs, Pikachad, NES n00b, and I forgot who else. Plus Hax/DJ Nintendo/M2K/Jman/Hungrybox/ColBol/Lambchops/MikeG/Chaddd/GAWes/Linguini/RockCrock/XIF/IveJihadIt/Dr.Peepee/LoZR/QueenDVS/and more will be therrrrreeeee................and toasty >_>

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
I'd b down to play whenever u come down and I'm pretty sure there r other people around here that'd be down to play.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
nice riko.

I can smash thursday night september 17th at around midnightish for awhile. I take amtrak to DC that morning at 910... it's a 4 hour ride so i'm not too concerned about sleep being that I can sleep on the train though.

Then I'm coming back monday, september 21st, I can smash from like 6pm til whenever. I'm not leaving until tuesday at 930am. I have class down south at 12:30p.

Whatever works dude, that would be awesome if you got something together batman.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
dang i got bad news me and oro? are making a trip up to NJ for a tourny the 16th to the 18th im pretty sure i doubt i will be able to host or even see you =/

no good well i hope your stay at sova is a good one hopefully you get some smash time

The_Doug

Smash Ace

1995 Honda Accord. I can go from my house to Va Beach and lose half a tank...
Have you performed any maintenance on the car lately like oil change, filters, or fluid checks? Should be getting at least 20/25 mpg on that. My Saturn is a pretty similar build and gets 24/29.

Batman sorry mate I couldn't make it yesterday. I didn't notice you edited your post until about 5pm then had made other plans.

rhan

Smash Hero
Have you performed any maintenance on the car lately like oil change, filters, or fluid checks? Should be getting at least 20/25 mpg on that. My Saturn is a pretty similar build and gets 24/29.
It's a pretty old car. I was planning on getting it inpected once I got my pay check on the 7th. Oil Change is over due though I know that much... So That's another priority. Hopefully by next monday I can get it into shape.

OUCH. that makes my car sound broken. 03 Mitsubushi Galant. I could go to Richmond and make it back on a 1/4 tank of gas.
I can go that far on a quarter tank. Only cause Richmond is 30-40 minutes away.... :(

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
rhan for the record if you ever drive me ill pay for some of the gas

...and the ensuing insurance costs for when i make you laugh so hard you'll crash

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
rhan it isn't hard to change your oil and if you would have came over yesterday i could of took a look at your car.....
a accord should be getting way better gas millage

np doug i had fun without you =P
jk

but really i did enjoy the small fest yestarday

caboose where do you l;ive exactly?

and doorsey maybe i could do something the 21rst it is very possible no promiss tho

rhan

Smash Hero
rhan for the record if you ever drive me ill pay for some of the gas

...and the ensuing insurance costs for when i make you laugh so hard you'll crash
LOL You realise I drove S-Man around and Crystalnite before. From S-man's shenanigans to Crystal constantly asking "Is this lil weezy?!?". Good times....

rhan it isn't hard to change your oil and if you would have came over yesterday i could of took a look at your car.....
a accord should be getting way better gas millage.
That would have been awesome.... I'm gonna get everything checked out next monday. I'm not going to be using the car much anyway until then. JUst to go to WOrk Thursday and that's about it...

I need to get this car into shape.... heh...

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
gl with the car man
cars=pain in the *****

you know what i think we are missing out on is some tournies we need some....melee of coarse! Does anyone know anywhere that would host one? or anyone...?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
batman im currently at school so i live at ODU in a dorm. its the third floor of the building we usu hold the fests/tournies at at ODU (VA house)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
OUCH. that makes my car sound broken. 03 Mitsubushi Galant. I could go to Richmond and make it back on a 1/4 tank of gas.
that's because Galant's are the sh---WAITWTFNOWAI@_@
yep same room
got a roommate this time though D:
LIIIIEEESSSS!!!!! You went a whole year without one! I call shenanigans! Are the other guys still living with you? I want to randomly drop in around Easter and stock up on his surplus candy/cake again ^_^

CStick

Smash Lord
everyone has a good falcon. If you don't, then here is how to play him:

-dash-dance needlessly
-spam knee and nair
-grab as much as possible
-spam knee and nair
-raptor boost should be every fifth attack
-moonwalk to crush opponent's morale
-spam knee and nair
-suicide for no reason - usually because you combo off the stage and decide that landing one more non-KO hit is way more important than making it back to the stage
-taunt randomly for lulz

but, I can't moonwalk. So, I still have a scrub Falcon :(

Top Bottom