• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
-dash-dance needlessly
-spam knee and nair
-grab as much as possible
-spam knee and nair
-raptor boost should be every fifth attack
-moonwalk to crush opponent's morale
-spam knee and nair
-suicide for no reason - usually because you combo off the stage and decide that landing one more non-KO hit is way more important than making it back to the stage
-taunt randomly for lulz

That made me laugh.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
You can ask anyone at cnu; my falcon is beyond serious, beyond sense, and beyond walking on Earth.

C-stick, sorry about your falcon. I know how envy consumes you whenever I play... if I gave you money from my wallet would that help ease the pain?

The_Doug

Smash Ace
You can ask anyone at cnu; my falcon is beyond serious, beyond sense, and beyond walking on Earth.
LOL

My DK challenges all these supposedly serious Falcons. Carry up-throw/up-air owns so I won't need to show you my moves.

C-Stick fest at your place some time? ;-)

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
-suicide for no reason - usually because you combo off the stage and decide that landing one more non-KO hit is way more important than making it back to the stage
speak for yourself son. double jump KOs with the second hit of the nair and still making it back is the best thing ever

SCARJUMP FALCON KICKS FTW

LIIIIEEESSSS!!!!! You went a whole year without one! I call shenanigans! Are the other guys still living with you? I want to randomly drop in around Easter and stock up on his surplus candy/cake again ^_^
LOLZ!
naw raph is still here but matt is in australia this year

also its still cold as **** @_@ maybe even cold enough to order sodas from sodapopstop.com w/o a fridge lol

regarding ODU fests/tournies: ill be up for reserving the room anytime yall want me to, just give me the word if people can come (how about this weekend? monday should be off for everyone)

CStick

Smash Lord
I'm down for Friday. I'll have to get some schoolwork done, but anytime after 4-5ish til whenever is good with me. maybe even sooner.

C-stick, sorry about your falcon. I know how envy consumes you whenever I play... if I gave you money from my wallet would that help ease the pain?
no ;__; I must harvest your power.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
everyone has a good falcon. If you don't, then here is how to play him:

-dash-dance needlessly
-spam knee and nair
-grab as much as possible
-spam knee and nair
-raptor boost should be every fifth attack
-moonwalk to crush opponent's morale
-spam knee and nair
-taunt randomly for lulz

but, I can't moonwalk. So, I still have a scrub Falcon :(
I love this post.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Pcat have i ever told u how much i love ur sig? When u first put it up, I had just recently seen that episode and was like "that is THE most badass thing i have ever seen on an american cartoon." But I was disappointed that I had no idea where to find that sceneand watch it over and over again.
But thanks to you...

aanndd on a (just as) unrelated note:

so i played some guy named crystal night or something that wa spretty good....over thenight i woudl say his falco/fox went about even with my marth
and lost to my sheik, and lost to my peach and fox...he won one match against sheik and one against fox though out of a set or so.

I also had the joy of the rist time ever being waveshine d against a wall to upsmash death as the stage disappeared...pretty awesome i have to say:) he's pretty good at waveshining but overuses it somewhat..ie waveshining my shield for pressure instead of just going for the grab intelligently:p but other than that he was pretty awesome...

his falco is pretty fast...doesn't camp, is an aggressive style using a lot of CCing...which really really threw me off..i really need to learn to short hopd dair approach.
i really need to get some experience while not trying and just experimenting against falcos..but all the falcos i play take it so serious i feel bad if i just experiment and get 4 stocked..but ya..also i still can't edgeguard fox...i suck at it with marth...SPD, come beat my marth for a bit..my marth is getting crappy..though i can still chaingrab.

don't ask me how you can have an aggressive style of CCing..but it is i swear..somehow he's always DIing down...maybe i should try that..just DI only down for a day and see when it can be useful to DI down and see when i accidentally get a CC on an enemy attack

ps- toasty and fats..how much does it cost and what is the cheapest way for me to be able to record lots of matches of myself..i want to get better..i suck at this game
The olden days!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol
LETS DO EET (frills if anyone would be up for driving, post)

also regarding drives to tournies: for pound 4 does anyone have any idea if they can/would be willing to drive when the time comes? and if so is it possible to pick someone up in woodbridge on the way? TJ (biosageX) may need a ride BUT may also be able to house a couple of people

likewise, while ill need a ride and will be going to pound, i MAY just go to spectate because the first day (jan 16), colin mochrie and brad sherwood (whose line is it anyway) will be performing in hagerstown. if i decide to go to that show (there's one at JMU on oct 9 im trying to go to instead) id offer extra money for someone to either drive me the extra distance to hagerstown and pick me up afterwards or to drive me to my house and i can metro/drive myself to the show and meet everyone at pound afterwards

and also toasty: turns out i misspoke. we dont get out on dec. 11, thats just the last day of classes. exams end on the 18th but i believe mine end on the 15th (two back to back ugh)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
yeah if you don't want to compete at Pound 4 I hiiiiggghllly suggest at least spectating! I'm one of the helper-TOs so you know I'll help make it as smooth as possible, though Plank is already maaaad legit when it comes to hosting...n****z gettin like 80-100 TVs for this ****!!! INSANITY.

Friendlies all dai...you get to cheer and watch crews and epic dance circles like THIS [from Genesis]:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2M31mPS6A

JWolf

Smash Cadet
The doug if you are seriously considering driving I will ride with you and py gas money!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
boose calls not ***** seat in doug's car

edit: ok so i lied. the venue's in baltimore. from pound 4 to baltimore is an hour so yea not going to ask someone to drive me that far =.= (unless you really wanna see baltimore or particularly like drving) my house however is on the way. taking the detour only adds about 15 minutes to the trip from ODU to Frederick where Pound 4 is

also if this happens and ill be at my house (though really i have no idea if ill even have the car and this may all be moot >_>) some people are more than welcome to stay at my house though it may be hella awkward with so many korean-exclusive speaking people and two small yappy dogs (as of the last mention, MY dog (not the other family's) has a 0% record of barking at the black people she's seen (all one of them) :D) oh, and little real sleeping space....but youre welcome anyway!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
BOOSE please call Rahil tomorrow until he picks up and says "OKAY FINE I'm coming =D"

What's hilarious is that my cousin and her family are driving up to Virginia Beach this weekend to see our family but I said I couldn't go because Rahil was coming to GA XDXDXD if that actually becomes true hahaha

D0N

Smash Ace
So am I, but my car only has room for one more person so Im not a good ride choice for you Boose. I wouldn't mind picking you up if all else fails.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
wait one more person as in its a two seater total? pick me up and i can call you derogatory names the entire way :D

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
so i can call all three of you derogatory names!

alright but no its business time:
doug how many seats do you have in your car and would you actually mind having all of us ride with you? additionally, even though id love to go, im not sure how far you live from ODU so if its too far to pick me up id understand if you left w/o me. i will contact rahil today though and see if he wants to go. if he can drive me over to your house and either i/both me and rahil go would that be alright with you?

The_Doug

Smash Ace
what does that mean exactly?
you going?
I'm seriously considering it and will decide late tonight or tomorrow. Need to make sure my car is up for the 1100 mile round trip first and foremost.

Doug's Road Rules:

1) Plan to stay for minimum both Saturday and Sunday night. Although we might leave Sunday night if we can agree on it.
2) Some gas money required.
3) No smoking in the car. Drinking I don't mind so much as long as you're 21+
4) We must stop at least once at a Jack in the Box!!
5) Bring at least 1 music CD each unless you plan to suffer through my rather random musical taste.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
::suddenly regrets leaving his tape adapter at home::
only 3 CDs i brought with me are the Video Games Live soundtrack, Terence Blanchard's Choices, and Pavarotti Forever XD

doug would you mind PMing me/posting your address? if its too far away from you ill look up bus directions to see if i can get picked up at a more convenient location

lol at jack in the box. too good

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Doug- I have someone else considering on coming. Would you mind if he came with us? That is if you decide to go.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Top Bottom