• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Fair enough. I'm a bit of an entertainment elitist [FAR different from being an "art" elitist] so I rather enjoy spending good money on CDs and movies-at-the-theatres...esp since 1) I have a pretty good job right now and 2) I don't indulge in either often at all.

more specifically about the theatre thing, certain movies can be skipped at the theatres and still retain their magic [See: Office Space], but some were just plain MEANT to be seen on that ginormous screen so that your face is appropriately melted the **** off.

Again...I get what you're saying :)

<3

CStick

Smash Lord
saw District 9 as well.

It was alright. The way they ended it kind of threw all the plot build-up to the wind, and the racial allegories weren't very subtle; more like crammed down your throat. It was definitely original though, which is something you don't see with most movies.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
but racism's awwwwwwwwwwwwesome
actually if you were keeping track of the reviews on rotten tomatoes, the first negative review was made by someone whose review consisted entirely of commenting on apartheid in south africa. but he also liked land of the lost and transformers 2 and hated all the pixar movies so it was pretty funny seeing his ******** ramblings being torn apart by RT user comments

CStick

Smash Lord
I just thought that they could have not been so obvious about it, lol.

"Hey, let's make a movie exploring apartheid and elements of the nature of racism and such, and make it about the District six thing that happened in South Africa, but instead of African natives, we use aliens."

"Cool, what should we call it?"

"How about District 9? We just flip the six upside down and no one will notice."

"Cool, where should it take place?"

"Um, how about Johannesburg, South Africa?"

"Good thinking."

Ether

Smash Ace
Smash fest at my place this weekend?

And next weekend, Ether presents Kogg 2

King of Green Greens 2

$1 buy in.

Double elim. Standard ruleset, except all matches take place on Green Greens.

Payout is
3rd - $1
2nd - $1
1st - Whatever's left PLUS Peach's dsmash death sticks.

But that's next weekend. Standard smash fest this weekend, plus prepping for SoVa/Richmond crew battle.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
holy balls

um. ether just gave me a reason to move in to the dorms on the scheduled friday....crud. i think ill still take the extra weekend and come down late but im going to need to find a ride for Kogg T_T

The_Doug

Smash Ace
KOGG 2 sounds sweet! Can't bloody wait.

Agree with the spacies entirely.

Nice Toast - if you see Mike G again tell him The_Doug still feels bitter about losing a money match at TG5 and then knocking Doug out of FC3.

FYI The_Toast still owes The_Doug an apology!

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
Teams needs to be done in KOGG. So many memorable moments from the last time.

The TOAST MAN kno's wut I'm talkin about.

rhan

Smash Hero
Smash fest at my place this weekend?

And next weekend, Ether presents Kogg 2

King of Green Greens 2

$1 buy in.

Double elim. Standard ruleset, except all matches take place on Green Greens.

Payout is
3rd - $1
2nd - $1
1st - Whatever's left PLUS Peach's dsmash death sticks.

But that's next weekend. Standard smash fest this weekend, plus prepping for SoVa/Richmond crew battle.
Me and Shaden should be able to make this weekend's fest if I don't have to work. Next weekend I think I'll have to work Saturday.

toasty

Smash Hero
Nice Toast - if you see Mike G again tell him The_Doug still feels bitter about losing a money match at TG5 and then knocking Doug out of FC3.
hahaha will do XD
FYI The_Toast still owes The_Doug an apology!
n**** what the **** is JUICE?

*checks date*...hmmmm

Teams needs to be done in KOGG. So many memorable moments from the last time.

The TOAST MAN kno's wut I'm talkin about.
JOE! GODD*****!!! IT'S A ****ING TRAP! WHY THE **** ARE YOU GOING OVER THERE?! IT'S A ****ING TRAP! I HATE YOU.

also:

CStick/ndn: what should our team name be?
toasty: I got one for you, I got you registered
CStick/ndn: k......
--moments later--
CStick/ndn: *checks brackets*................................."Sticky NDN"??? Ewwww....

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Hey of coarse me and oro will be takimg the pot at ethers but I will be home around six from vacation so it would be nice if you could have the tourn at eight? Sorry.... And it is a team tourn correct?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I started it after i finished ouran high school host club. first episode made me want to see more, but I've been busy.

p.s. who needs greens? it's all about the city.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
hahaha will do XD

n**** what the **** is JUICE?

*checks date*...hmmmm
hahaha, aye if you understand apology to be with words. Time to set me up with some hot honking double D drawling Georgian apple-pie filled hunny IMO! The JUICIER the better indeed.

CStick

Smash Lord
I can be there next Saturday for retaining my role of queen of Green Greens. But, i has work this Sat. :(

and lol...sticky NDN was too good. So was Toast on a Stick.

D0N

Smash Ace
I learned some melee the other day. I was marth on Pokemon Stadium, and when I did a f-throw to a fox against the tree, he went through the stage (as in through the floor) and died. He may have teched the tree, im not sure, but I do know that the stage was transforming... explanations?

I also realized that I never, ever spotdodged and it was super rare for me to airdodge before brawl. I dont think I used the c-stick either (not to say I always charged a smash attack, I just didn't like it). Also, my sheild grabbing habits came from marth's rediculous grab range.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
I learned some melee the other day. I was marth on Pokemon Stadium, and when I did a f-throw to a fox against the tree, he went through the stage (as in through the floor) and died. He may have teched the tree, im not sure, but I do know that the stage was transforming... explanations?
There is some evil terrain in PS when it is about to transform. The main reason the Japanese generally banned the stage in their tournaments was due to stalling, but the other part was due to the rare, strange deaths. I'm guessing the Fox air dodged through the stage in similar means to what happened in this video. I've personally seen incidents like this happen in tournaments to other people twice, but have seen it maybe six or seven times in friendlies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vyqrZHVnws (skip to the very end of this tournament match)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UtmFlNwi34&feature=related (other strange tree related ones)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFIXB7xtJwA (at 1:20 that darn tree again!)

edit: cool never saw those vids by Phanna before: looks like he saw the Armada tourney vid and tested it out. I'm going to try and find older tourney vids for the other PS oddities

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
i dunno at least he was losing that one. the ending of the match where the phrase "azendash" originated is really painful to watch

D0N

Smash Ace
Thanks for the explanations everyone. I figured one of you guys would know something about it :)

toasty

Smash Hero
hahaha, aye if you understand apology to be with words. Time to set me up with some hot honking double D drawling Georgian apple-pie filled hunny IMO! The JUICIER the better indeed.
roflllllllllllllllll I'll do what I can XDXDXD
and lol...sticky NDN was too good. So was Toast on a Stick.
haha awww except I kept killing you...a LOT. I think that was my first Melee event after Brawl came out @_@
Cow Stick was my favorite name.
Iunno man...there were a few amazing names in SoVa's history:

toasty + KitsuneKing = Toasticular Cancer
Radnortuws + Cow = Radcow Disease <--hahaha
O-NO + BlackHeartLee = Donkey Cannon
Ether + Schoolie = SOOOOO GAYYY OMG WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF [not their team name >_>]
toasty + ndn = UPS

Top Bottom