• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah I was very late on the updates. But I did catch Mango's update and that's just amazing.

Thanks Toasty.

Shaden, I'm swooping by Wensday to pick up my CD's. My car is so quiet without my music.... And I'm going to need my phone charger for all these last minute peparations (That I tried to avoid...) for HERB....

And teh HERB monies.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
hey guys whos all driving to herb? im really interested in going/will have gas money. im a cool kid to travel with i promise! ask kadaj, car games ftw!

rhan

Smash Hero
I would invite you Hax but I'm not staying for Brawl. :(

If Pitzer's going in his car he'll stay. But I don't know if he's willing to do that.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
i dont know if i cant have it yet kadaj :(

and rhan see if pitzers doing that. i wanna play some brawwllll

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
word up well im in the process of looking for a ride, so if you know of anything kadaj ;)......

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ha thatd be sweet! pokemon battles kinda take a while though. ill look into it

and lemme know if ur tryin to battle, ill post up my fc

Famous

Smash Champion
Yeah, I forgot how technical pokemon can be...I'm not really picking it back up competitively until SoulSilver comes out...

And yeah, gotta play some brawl this weekend

rhan

Smash Hero
Pitzr may be riding with us idk just yet
He called me about an hour ago telling me that he might stay the Brawl day. As long as he;s got a way back and I won't get yelled at by his mom I'm cool with it.

12mins=3 hours in public transportation time =[
This is so true. I would help out with that ride but I only got a quarter tank of gas left and it takes about a quarter tank just to drive to Newport News and back. :(

I need a effing job.....

D0N

Smash Ace
Ive never seen/heard of competetive pokemon, I stopped after ruby version and the double battle thing started. I remember I had a long, drawn out strategy that involved a togetic's follow me, protect, baton pass, skillswap, and a beefed up slaking named DK lol. It all starts after a possible explosion at the start just to mess up your ideas. I quit after ruby version, and I only bought that cuz my friends kept bragging saying I couldnt beat them after I stopped with silver version. Same thing kinda happened for me with buying brawl after stopping melee lol (non competetive melee).

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
Pokemon got too techinical when Diamond and Pearl came out. I had originally stopped playing after g/s/c and i played r/s/e for a bit, but i never battled. I got diamond and pearl the day it came out and i actually started playing competitvely last year, and i've always hated 2v2.

Explosion is too broken in pokemon.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you guys need to have more people come to herb. sova is like really close so you guys have no johns for not being here. we need more brawl people because melee will already be big enough with people like mango coming.

D0N

Smash Ace
lol Toasty your gonna confuse the hell outta people thats too many names for me :laugh:.

And yea, Vortex burgers... They dont let you down.

Sova needs to visit Atlanta

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
you guys need to have more people come to herb. sova is like really close so you guys have no johns for not being here. we need more brawl people because melee will already be big enough with people like mango coming.
coulda swore mango cancelled? also, my crew is coming (you may recognize rhan since he posts all over that thread) and we're some of the best sova's got (excluding ether)

rhan

Smash Hero
WHAT THA ****!? NOT YOU GUYS TOO!!!!

I'm gonna be at Shaden's tomorrow....errr today around 9. Only staying until 3:30. Give money ASAP!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I play pokemon in a competitive way its complicated. Dealing with the whole generation shift is stupid, moves from the 3rd generation turning into special attacks like sludge bomb and Hidden power make pokemon like swellow and dugtrio loose there purpose thats why swellow dropped down to UU tier. Its not really complicated once you get use it. All you need is a standard Sweeper, and a tank. The rest can be spikers, wishers, Baton passers, and trappers. Speaking of which i need some pokemon battles i made a Team i call the "Perfect" team. Meh same old usual like i said b4 Wishers, Tanks, Sweepers. T-tar for the win. And Scizor completely destroys everything I mean it Three sword dances, with life orb and its in an Adamant nature just run away your dead :p.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
I play pokemon in a competitive way its complicated. Dealing with the whole generation shift is stupid, moves from the 3rd generation turning into special attacks like sludge bomb and Hidden power make pokemon like swellow and dugtrio loose there purpose thats why swellow dropped down to UU tier. Its not really complicated once you get use it. All you need is a standard Sweeper, and a tank. The rest can be spikers, wishers, Baton passers, and trappers. Speaking of which i need some pokemon battles i made a Team i call the "Perfect" team. Meh same old usual like i said b4 Wishers, Tanks, Sweepers. T-tar for the win. And Scizor completely destroys everything I mean it Three sword dances, with life orb and its in an Adamant nature just run away your dead :p.
Did anyone understand anything he just said?

Yup, and I'm tempted to see the so called "Perfect" team.

Ether

Smash Ace
coulda swore mango cancelled? also, my crew is coming (you may recognize rhan since he posts all over that thread) and we're some of the best sova's got (excluding ether)
If there was a SoVa vs Richmond/anyone crew battle, who would we have?

In no order, I think it'd be
S-Man
KP
SpeedYoshi
CStick
JWolf
Ether

and possibly
Schoolie - phenomenal in teams, flashy in crews, but sometimes has trouble in singles.
Mashi - I haven't seen him play in forever, so I really don't know.
Malco - JWolf has given me trouble in the past, but not Malco, except for in teams, so again, I don't know.
Kukulza - I've seen him destroy a ton of people, just not me.

Could be tons of people I'm missing that I either forgot or don't know about.

rhan

Smash Hero
You forgot Rhan's Sheik. And Crystalnite's Marth. Toasty can vouch for me if you need proof of skill. Crystalnite made it out of pools both of "SOVA BABY!" tourneys.

Ether

Smash Ace
holy **** how could I forget crystalnite. I've never seen rhan play, though

Is this the only vid of you on youtube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xXdbc0peXc

It's mad old, I know. But hey, if you play sheik, that's even better, and if toasty knows you're good, that's good enough for me. (lol, I told reno that toasty could vouch for my skill, too. toasty knows everyone)

I think it'd be sweet for us to build this elite SoVa Crew and challenge Team Richmond before summer is up.

Except...who is still in the area? Speed and Juan are back in NoVa, right?

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i haven't played you in years. i've played everyone else but not you for some reason. why is that? hm.

Ether

Smash Ace
i haven't played you in years. i've played everyone else but not you for some reason. why is that? hm.
EVERY time there is a tourney, like EVERY freaking time, we are seeded away from each other, and we never EVERRRRR meet. I feel like the only way we'll ever play is if and when you come over some day.

And we have also never teamed, and I don't know about you, but I have always wanted to. Then again, I've wanted to team with a lot of people, but I kept teaming with schoolie cuz it was too fun, but now I'm trying to branch out while people still play this game.

rhan

Smash Hero
Oh em gee.... That is such an old video.... :(

I got some recent stuff on my Samus in Crew battles. That makes up for my horrible Y. Link play... Samus is probably my most legit and safest pick against spacies but against Marth, Sheik is my best.

If you need to size my skills up, hold a smashfest sometime (Or convince O-NO to hold one). I'm pretty sure Crystalnite and S-man would go. I could just tag along with them. Hehe...

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/user/Shaeman111

All of STARS's matches should be under this account. Our crew battles are there too.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys are welcome to come chill at my place the night before herb so we can get this ridiculous idea of a crew battle out of ether's head XD

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol. i always wanted to play though. whenever you want to hit me up. =P. or next time we in the same tourney try to get seeded together ha.

Top Bottom