• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
I'm free to play tomorrow. I'm sure Mashi iz too.

And Ether should try to respond to IM's whens he's online too 'kay.

ttocs

Smash Rookie
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7116272#post7116272

For anyone else who cant make it up to APEX :)
gonna be a chill time!
dude, awesome. my friends and i would totally be down for this, but the only downside is, they're all pretty bad at brawl and probably wouldn't want to enter the tournament, and would only want to play friendlies and stuff. I will def be playing the tourney tho.

couldn't they just buy a couple bowls and count that as a venue fee? :p

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
wow c3gill id soooo be down! but im going to apex. have more of those, its a pretty cool idea!

c3gill

Smash Ace
dude, awesome. my friends and i would totally be down for this, but the only downside is, they're all pretty bad at brawl and probably wouldn't want to enter the tournament, and would only want to play friendlies and stuff. I will def be playing the tourney tho.

couldn't they just buy a couple bowls and count that as a venue fee? :p
So far most the people that have responded are regulars at Lazy Dayz- none of them are amazing at brawl, but they are all decent and can play- kinda goes more with the idea, im going for a somewhat low key, chill tournament.

and i wish buying a bowlpack would cover the venue fee- id happily just buy a pack, as im sure im going to get at least one :)

wow c3gill id soooo be down! but im going to apex. have more of those, its a pretty cool idea!
if all goes well and smooth we will probably do more, throughout the summer. glad you like the idea, and if we do more, hopefully you can make it to one!

rhan

Smash Hero
mmm cammy just lacks a serious armor break... but i think she's pretty good.
Awwwww-sum

**** SFIV

who wants to get some melee practice in? Ether? Enver? Mashi and co.? O-NO?

I'm free all day and night tomorrow.
i'll play whenever
I just got word that I'll be in VA Beach today and probably until Sunday. Maybe I could shoot up to your place?

Or maybe I could see if my dad would let anybody over. Of course that'll take a lot of *** kissing.... <.<

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
sooo someone needs to create the Event Horizon so I can bend space and time until CStick's place is occupying next-to-the-same-space as where I'm currently at so I can be there instantly and then un-bend space and time ^_^

that's my way of saying "gahhhh I really ****ing want to play but I can't ;___;"

btw: wtf happened to all the hype for the 25th? Did I announce it too early or something?!? haha :)

CStick

Smash Lord
I guess since we're all 20-25 instead of being 14-17 like we were 'back in the day', we were all like "Oh SHI- I'll be there son! Now, I gotta work sixteen days in a row peace out also play me in SFIV cuz I'm gay lololol" instead of just sitting around and not having to do anything but hype the flock out of this like we used to.

toasty

Smash Hero
hahaha...it's weird, our generation of the old school smashers all hit "real life" [to varying extents] at relatively the same time. And you're like 30-40 minutes away from me TJ :(

BTW If anyone is free tomorrow I'll be at the store that I'm now managing in Pembroke Mall [10 AM - 9 PM tomorrow]: Dollar $mart!!! If you go through either the food court or China Garden entrance, just keep walking a bit and you'll see it :)

CStick

Smash Lord
lol, I'm just kidding with the SFIV hate. I wish I had the time to actually learn it, but I havent touched because of work, school, and general life priority ****. I also got motivated to work on my creative writings more, as well as start reading again. Also trying to get a better-paying job...

I think yesterday I turned on the wii and practice melee techs for like ten minutes to make sure I still had it. That and three games of ****** people in CoD4 were the first times playing v-games in close to two months...

but to make it look even sadder, Enver, me and Tech (remember the green Samus player I used to team with?). Yea, we've been best friends since first grade. He is my NEXT-DOOR NEIGHBOR. I havent seen or talked to him since we went to see Watchmen on its opening night. Fail.

toasty

Smash Hero
OMMMMMMMMMFG WOWWWW what are you gonna do if you have to face someone with a janky style XD

but wow seriously NEXT DOOR neighbor?! Yikes. Please fix that. You gotta be the SoVa-Kage!!!

edit: oh snap I missed mentioning it the other day...but it's just recently (March 24th) been two years since my first tournament [LOL Ascendancy XD]...SoVa's come pretty far since then too... :)

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
id like to organize another little smash fest at my house soon.... maybe saturday.... who knows, but ya its in vb and its fun, isnt it don?

anyone interested....

toasty

Smash Hero
hahahah no no no I'm pretty sure Andrew started that one...that was ALSO fantastic [btw I found access to the site again because I had my TEAM GREEN GREENS tourney as a bookmark XD]

it was Rahils "been surfin youtube" thread which was around the time youtube really started to explode...and then Andrew would be posting all the Hard Gay stuff, I'd post Flight of the Conchords and other cool music/movie ****, Rahil would post random stuff and tell you not to click it while making sure it was something you'd regret clicking, and then the few 2D fighter guys (OJ4 among others) would post 3S and MVC2 vids...

oh and then the various rickrolls that turned into things like my rickroll fakeout that really led you to a Mr. T video of him singing a Mother's Day song XD

That site was a godd.amn party ^_^

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
O-NO. my friend agreed to do that PowerStone $MM. He said he jus needs to find a partner and get some practice in.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
smash at my house sometime saturday!?

people going so far:

OMG H4X

Top Bottom