• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol so i just woke up, skipping both classes today. im never going to do that again XD

but again, tys cnu, that was too fun

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
hahaha when did you guys leave
also
better lasers toasty, for reals
doesn't even matter if they're on the aproach or not, you can just do retreating ones and they'll add pressure on your opponent

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty your Falco just needs experience so that you'll better know what tactics to use in a given situation with the character Falco as opposed to Marth or Fox or someone. I would just say watch some vids and pay close attention to what exactly a pro Falco does in a specific situation...i.e. considering space and relative location the the edge, platforms, etc. I think your Falco will get a lot better if you just play him a lot while making note of situations that caught you off guard or made you get tippered or knee'd or whatever.

I don't think I really know what I'm talking about right now, actually.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
dang toasty, gettin some falco on?? do back flip lasers!

so guys, a friend of mine today was telling me about this spot in norfolk that were gunna be having shows at soon, and theres rooms that we could prolly use for some tourneys. im going to check it out sunday. if all goes well, we should be able to have events there eventually.

just another thought...

oh and i needs that practice outside of tourneys, somebody needs to brawl with me soon... im a fun guy...

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ha thanks dude, i still wanna have some at my house before we sell it.

lemme know when find your phone, cuz im tyin to have some brawl seshes soon.

from what ive heard this place in norfolks way cool. should be meeting the guy who runs it this weekend.

D0N

Smash Ace
Hax i may be able to stop by your place for a little next friday when I pass through the area. ill let you know.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
word up keep in touch. im playing bass for a friend of mine that night in norfolk but im free in the afternoon, i get off work at 3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
toast sorry i couldnt catch you earlier but if you see this in the morning do you think you could drop me off at macarthur for the met opera before 1pm?

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
for those who were interested in today's ranbat,

2410 Holly Point Blvd
Chesapeake, VA 23325

the apt number is 2715, b/c you have to tell security so you can get a pass.
it will probably be starting around 6-7 but casuals start around 3.

D0N

Smash Ace
Hax: i should try to get there about 3:30 then? ill keep you posted and we will figure it out then.

Kits: how did the ranbat go? lots of people?

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
ranbat was great. i placed 9th boo -.- but sova's got some talent so i encourage anyone whos interested in getting good to attend. dont get left behind :D

JWolf

Smash Cadet
When is the next one Kitsune?

I never thought you had to go through so much to get a stick.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
ya don 3 30s good. ill let cocm know, he lives across the street!
my numbers 636 8237
house is 2210 wolfsnare rd. va beach

oh and i just got a capture device, woot!

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
toasty- i have realized that a screw from my 2nd controller has gone missing(and has been mia since i last saw you). i demand justice in the form of a sm(screw match) if i win i get to take a screw(of your choosing) from you controller, if you win the screw that has run away(probably down the drain) won't be owed anymore(and if the screw does turn up, i will -personally- hand it to you) =)

U

UnknownEnemyZero

When is the next one Kitsune?

I never thought you had to go through so much to get a stick.
Blackula, the guy who's been hosting said the week after C3. April 4th. However there should be a SF4 tournament at 2PM that same day at Lynnhaven mall. I'm going to double check this week about the time and date but that's what they said when I left the MvC2 tournament. Ranbats usually start pretty late, like around 8PM so leaves you a good amount of time.

Sticks "can" be costly. $80 for a piece of **** that probably won't work and you end up wanting to get another "stick". Joe S. does perfectly fine with his FightPad he got for $40 though, so it's up to you to practice up what you wanna use. If parts weren't so scarce right now, it'd be easier to get better working sticks, unlike a few lucky ones. >_<

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
toasty- i have realized that a screw from my 2nd controller has gone missing(and has been mia since i last saw you). i demand justice in the form of a sm(screw match) if i win i get to take a screw(of your choosing) from you controller, if you win the screw that has run away(probably down the drain) won't be owed anymore(and if the screw does turn up, i will -personally- hand it to you) =)
yeah. I can't even lie about that one. definitely went down the right-sink drain [when I had the "Juan moment" with the exploding controller ;__;] ...it's still sitting there at the bottom of the white filter/plug thing...mocking me :( And then the controller completely fell apart in my hands and made me freak out and I forgot to mention it or even apologize :( sorry! But if it's a SM you want, I shall honor your challenge. I'll even go Falco! [****...I guess I'll have to find a controller to take a screw from >_>]

oh right, day 10 Falco was...interesting. too bad we decided to record after we had already played for like 4 hours and it was almost midnight XD edit: wish I got those Falco Shine-bairs recorded haha

BOOSE I want the best of our few Ness Vs. Marth matches plz...or maybe I'll just come over and watch? <3<3<3 glad we got some good stuff of your Ganon even if our matches, overall, weren't great...stupid sleepless autopilot :(

Top Bottom