• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
it says that the device cannot be used for ____ because it is being used by another program.

so basically the capture device can only be used by one program at a time :(

Soooo I'll need either another capture device or someone with the capability to record video with direct feed to a camera or VCR >_> [which means commentary won't be recorded but...*sigh* oh well]

We'll see what happens I guess.

toasty

Smash Hero
I think his camera messed up and I don't know for sure if he's coming down here or not. it hasn't been decided yet.

Malco: can you bring your recording setup please? I don't know if I'll need your laptop or not, but we'll see. Just bring all the cables and such. It'd be greatly appreciated ^_^

Corigames

Smash Hero
Soooo I'll need either another capture device or someone with the capability to record video with direct feed to a camera or VCR >_> [which means commentary won't be recorded but...*sigh* oh well
Uh... I have a capture device. It takes a Red, White, Yellow cable signal and converts it to a USB port. I have been recording on a VCR and then using this to upload the videos. If you could just record the matches on a VHS tape, you can give it to me and I can upload the videos here. OR, I can take the device with me (and a VCR + tape) and we can record them there and then spend that night converting it over and then someone can upload them later.

Deal?

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I think his camera messed up and I don't know for sure if he's coming down here or not. it hasn't been decided yet.

Malco: can you bring your recording setup please? I don't know if I'll need your laptop or not, but we'll see. Just bring all the cables and such. It'd be greatly appreciated ^_^
Will do toasty toast.

toasty

Smash Hero
Uh... I have a capture device. It takes a Red, White, Yellow cable signal and converts it to a USB port. I have been recording on a VCR and then using this to upload the videos. If you could just record the matches on a VHS tape, you can give it to me and I can upload the videos here. OR, I can take the device with me (and a VCR + tape) and we can record them there and then spend that night converting it over and then someone can upload them later.

Deal?
oh snap! what program does it use? Maybe I could just have that device hooked up to my computer as well and just record directly to my comp so there's no need to do the converting stuff. OR if need be, we could just record to the VCR like you said.

Will do toasty toast.
wooooord..whichever device works best with my computer while simultaneously broadcasting with MY device, I'll use that one, and then use the other device to record another setup as well =D!!!!

<3 both of you!

*waives your venue fee*

^_^

Corigames

Smash Hero
oh snap! what program does it use? Maybe I could just have that device hooked up to my computer as well and just record directly to my comp so there's no need to do the converting stuff. OR if need be, we could just record to the VCR like you said.
I just found that recording on a VHS first eliminated nearly any recording lag that may occur. Then you can upload them later without affecting the outcome of the match.

*waives your venue fee*
I'm bringing a TV, a Wii, 2 Melee copies, and my ***. I also may bring a second TV and my N64 + games.

You best >_>

Corigames

Smash Hero
Crazy random happenstance... I installed Maple Story on my Comp last night.

It seems to be the only "MMO" that runs on my comp without chugging like a 100 year old steam engine.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't see what everyone's problem with it is. As far as a free mmo goes, it's pretty good. It seems that it's well updated, the graphics and music are nice, it's not hardware intensive, it's free roaming (not instanced), and it seems to be a social game. I mean, I played for about 2 hours yesterday and I partied with this guy who chucked 40k at me when we were done.

That never happened to me on any other game.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
LozR, whos coming down with you?

I dont have a problem with maple, its really fun. but once you hit lv 50+ lvling get REAAAALY boring. grinding sucks and quests dont give you enough Exp. that and unless your willing to shell out some REAL cash, good luck on getting really good equips at the right lvl's

rhan

Smash Hero
Gotcha Toasty. I may be able to bring my TV if we have room in KP's trunk.
KP's gonna need to clean out his trunk.... I'm trying to bring my TV/setupd also. Either it goes in the trunk or my lap on the way over/back. It's small so we'll all still have room in the back set if it does go in my lap.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
WoW isn't as bad as they make it out to be. It's the people that play it and forget about their lives which make it bad.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
you work there now, I take it?

also...I'm 24+ hours late, but I'll call you back tonight at some point XD
haha naw just the first part >_>

but yeah you should definitely call me. Oh btw I was trying to send a friend our episode 1 script and definitely sent it to hova by accident on AIM...

>_> <_<

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Did you know that there is a blue circle that expands around all of snakes explosives that show it's hit box?

toasty

Smash Hero
Oh btw I was trying to send a friend our episode 1 script and definitely sent it to hova by accident on AIM...

>_> <_<
lmfao good ****...

I'll see if you're on AIM and if not I'll call in a bit

Also...I might test out UStream.TV just to compare and see if it's any better.

The bandwidth in Caboose's dorm was good enough to stream a higher quality resolution than what you guys saw yesterday, BUT Justin.TV totally effed the ratio and you couldn't even see the whole screen ;___;

Hopefully this won't be a problem on UStream.

IF I do this at all, it may be tomorrow or Friday...not sure yet...BUT it won't be for like a million hours like it was yesterday...I'll post a link if I decide to do this :)

Top Bottom