• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
rhan 24th and 31st are pretty much solely melee. there may be a tv or two for brawl but melee's the focus here. this weekend (sunday) is the opposite

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't think there are ever enough tvs. I don't think there should be a brawl setup until the tourney is done, and honestly think that that should also be the case at brawl tourneys unless there is a massive number of tvs like at that tourney in NC. But honestly in VA we tend to be short TVs for the # of players we have.
Well it's not the case of shortage to TV's. Last Melee related smashfest we went to had a very good amount of TV's. The only problem was the begining when only you and I had setups. But we did get there like 10-20 minutes after we should of.

Dont feel that way for wanting your day of melee lol. im pretty sure everyones gonna play melee for the most part so dont let the thought of a brawl set up being there ruin what your looking forward too. Its just the opposite of toasty saying "if there are a lot of tvs then we can have 1melee setup," or something like that.

In short, "brawl tourneys" respect and acknowlede "melee players" to a small extent so the opposite should be true too.

Just responding so your voice feels heard... nothing more
Yeah I see your point. I have nothing against Brawl. I'm ok with about 2-3 setups that become Brawl setups after the Melee tourney is done. But if it becomes overun with Brawl that would basically ruin what Melee players have been waiting for.

rhan 24th and 31st are pretty much solely melee. there may be a tv or two for brawl but melee's the focus here. this weekend (sunday) is the opposite
I understand that....now....

Agh. I think I sorta explained myself in the above section of this post.

My apologies for being a bit of a nuisance.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
melee is the ****. **** brawl. make everything melee. unless it's a MM in brawl. haha. against me. yeah i'm greedy.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Cdot is amazing at TvC. I'm sorry for you all. His Roll + Megaman team is top tier. He lives, breathes, ****s TvC. you do not stand a chance, he will take your money. **** **** **** **** **** ****.

D0N

Smash Ace
I disagree...

am I the only one that wants a TvC side tourney sometime? not at the melee thing tho. dont want to take away from the value of those days.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I don't think there are ever enough tvs. I don't think there should be a brawl setup until the tourney is done, and honestly think that that should also be the case at brawl tourneys unless there is a massive number of tvs like at that tourney in NC. But honestly in VA we tend to be short TVs for the # of players we have.
don't worry Rhan, you already explained yourself and you're not a nuisance. but I'll say this:
last two Brawl tourneys only had Melee setups after the tourney was over and only due to demand...and also, there were like like 18 people or so and 5 setups. By the time the tourney was at Grand Finals, there was a TvC setup, TWO Melee setups, and 2 Brawl setups. But it didn't go against the demand at the time.

HOWEVER!!!!

At the Melee tournament on the 31st [the 24th is NOT my event, nor will I necessarily even BE there], setups for other games will only exist under these conditions:

If there are more TVs than Melee systems, those TVs can be used for something else [it's the choice of whoever brought that extra TV]. BUT the moment there is another system available to be used for Melee...that will ACTUALLY be used, it WILL take over that extra TV.

If you are bringing a TV and "expect" it to be available for something other than Melee, and then ***** when I say otherwise...I don't even know what to tell you.

So.

Melee people.

Want to ensure the presence of Melee?

Bring TVs.

Bring Melee Setups [Cubes/Wiis/Copies of Melee]

People who want something other than Melee?

Bring TVs.

And obviously whatever other system you need.

Oh and again, you better have a good understanding of your place at this event.

If you are IN the tournament, when your name is called, you MUST quit whatever match you may be playing in in any other game [including Melee friendlies] and play your tournament match. You WILL lose tournament matches if you delay them without good reason. No, I'm not kidding.

After teams ends, I will announce a time by which you MUST return if you plan to play singles. People at the last Brawl tourney know I'm pretty d.amn fair with this [there was over an hour and a half of time to go eat and relax] though this all depends on what time teams ends.

This is a tournament guys. Not a fest. I'm tired of tourneys running so late people have to leave early and drop out of the tournament...or just having people dissatisfied with the event because of how long it ran........and why? because people kept playing friendlies during the tournament.

I'm not saying I haven't done the same thing in the past.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who came to the last two tourneys I threw will say they had a great time because....there was plenty of time for friendlies?!?! and even crews?!?! @_@ whaaaat???

Trust in toasty.

<3

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Greedy to lose money again you mean? I will money match you after singles. I dislike MM without warmup

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i lost a dollar to you but gained $2 from YOUR CREW. rofl so basically you just took my 3rd dollar =[

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
@ Mashi: yeah, i plan on learning brawl. im just gonna pick up what i can when i do play. i STILL dont have a wii so its not like i can practice or some **** XP

@ Don: dude, i know WAY to many fighting game players in the area. SO many people want TVC its ********. so dont worry, there WILL be TvC at many events to come. just give it some time.

@ Everyone: <3 sova.

D0N

Smash Ace
Ill take your word for it O-NO.

Id be happy to play people in TVC so if its a weekend and people are playing let me know.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
lol, i see; anyways, let's play sometime then. no MM till after I warmup though...preferably after the tourney.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Don- We have TvC at my place. There is usually at least one person here everyday playing.

Can anyone give me a ride to BlackG's place and back on Sunday? I'll give gas $, but I really want to go. If you can then send me a PM. I will then give whoever that is my #. Help a brotha out lol

rhan

Smash Hero
i lost a dollar to you but gained $2 from YOUR CREW. rofl so basically you just took my 3rd dollar =[
.....I almost won that match. WITH YOUNG LINK vs YOUR FOX! But I had a feeling you was probably sandbaging me the entire time. :(

I want another btw. Raise the stakes to 3$ maybe? OOOOOO I'm so cheap. :p

@Toasty: I agree with the MM rule. And As long as Melee gets played at the tourney then I'm ok with other setups being played afterwards.

D0N

Smash Ace
Looks like im gonna be home on the weekend of the 31st so toasty if you need help running things ill help.

toasty

Smash Hero
<-****ing-3 SoVa.

So wait.......is KP really an official STARS member now? like...for real for real?

This could get interesting..............

good **** D0N.

CStick: YAYUHHHZZZZZ ---haha, that is, if I even go on the 24th >_> either way I'll see you on the 31st!!!

actually...if I'm at the 24th tourney, it'll be for singles only...and I'll be cranky, cold, and MOST LIKELY sore as fuuuuuuck [going paintballing for the...uh...first time >_>...and it's going to be FREEEEZING gahhh]

Kitsune! are you going paintballing with Johnrick and everyone? I think Prosser is going =D!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I got a question to all people who own TvC. I have recently been pondering about importing the game but i have already updated my wii to a 3.4u version which is enabling me to actually play the game without some kind of Modding, are any of you familiar with this hack called the twilight hack?

rhan

Smash Hero
I got my laptop to work! ^_^

Also I wish I could watch the live stream. I want to see a results thread though! Post that **** when it pops up.

rhan

Smash Hero
Haha. xD

He still has the bread? I thought he'd shave that off by now. GOOD **** TOPE'S BEARD!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
best tourney of my life...today....o-no remember comic chest? it's just as good...except less people. rofl. melee was good though today. good ****

toasty

Smash Hero
lol short notice tourney failed so hard XD

I had to leave before "singles" started...did they ever happen guys?

MASHI!!! MELEEEEE!!!! Oh man...epic battles. We needed to play for at least 3 more hours before both of got like crazy technically tight! Intense stuff going on though =D Can't wait for the 31st!!!

I WILL BE DOING A LIVE BROADCAST ON USTREAM.TV OF THE 31ST TOURNEY!!! Otis will be the primary commentator of course!!! this **** will be eeeepic!

All crew battles will be broadcast as well.

rhan

Smash Hero
OH ****! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!

HOLY ****ING ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toasty....Have my babies.....

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
So we got the Steelers and the Cardinals in the Super Bowl.

And I was reading Chu's Bi-Weekly thread, and apparently someone stole Chu's Wii.

rhan

Smash Hero
What the hell?! People these days.... I really hope it turns up. I want at least attend one of Chu's tourneys before he ends it all. :(

Top Bottom