• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Riku if i beat you in a set 2 out of 3 (melee) you have to play brawl from now on. Deal?
i want to play brawl again but seeing how i don't own a Wii, i can't play unless someone host.
i'feel like i've taken a long break from the game and fell like picking it up again. Next time there's a fest or something, show me some **** with Marth Kadaj.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I'll try. Im trying to get my sheik ready for COT4 now.

I might go all sheik if there's a brawl tourny on Sunday. (except in teams i'll be going all marth)
U should talk to Ankoku. from wut i heard, he knows alot about Sheik.

rhan

Smash Hero
S-man. Sheik ditto. MM. 50 cents.

My house. No CG's. You buy me Taco Bell.

No back downs. NOW!

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I had said so last page, but i guess with a new page comes a new request. Doesn't really matter I guess. Do what you want.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm able to go sunday tourney but no monday. but tourney on 24th haha. it's gonna be small and it'll probably scare kids to not join 31st. good idea? i see something bad that may happen haha.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
it's ok mashi, I'm not that scary;p lolz

anyways, we should play sometime soon; so be sure to make it

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... short notice brawl tourney on Sunday? Anyone think they can give me a ride? If I get a ride I'll even play melee so that means more money in the pot.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
so far i've watched the winners finals and part of the grand finals so far.
So far everything is real good. Shiz iz still amazing and i saw Chu wobble a little bit :laugh:

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I would like to know details as well.

Kadaj- u know the drill just call me. I should be home.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
SHOOOOORT NOTICE TOURNEYYYY......Part II

Reminder of all the info for this weekend's tourney:
This SUNDAY, January 18th:
BlackG's apartment...
Scroll down for location ---VERY IMPORTANT: SEE MAP FOR INSTRUCTIONS OR GET TOWED!!!

Brawl Singles and Brawl Teams...NO MELEE
$3 venue [snacks/drinks will probably be provided...and more than last time LOL]
$5 per person for teams
$5 for singles
DOORS OPEN AT 10 AM!!!!
TOURNEY AT 11 AM!!!!

If you are going to be late [and you KNOW when you're going to be late...don't wait til 11 to call me.] let me know so I can at least put you in the bracket.

So...Newport News, I'm lookin at you: get your a.sses out of NN EARLY. Aim to be there at 10 and you'll be there by 11:15 XD

DIRECTIONS TO BLACKG'S PLACE!!!

5608 Arvida Ct ----AGAIN! DO NOT PARK HERE! REFER TO THE MAP.
Virginia Beach, VA 23462

[just type it into Google Maps and you should still be able to get directions]
BUT!!!!
Whatever the directions say about being on Baker Road...stay on Baker Rd. until the directions tell you to turn, but you'll have to park ON Baker Rd. otherwise you're effed.

The cyan shows where you can park on Baker Road [those buildings next to it are all identical looking apt. complexes
The yellow shows where to WALK [yes, through a building, you'll see.]
The red shows where BlackG's apt is.....UP STAIRS, second door on the right!

Ether

Smash Ace
The only ones who have talked about it so far are me and Speedyoshi, but I'm sure we could convince Juan, Schoolie, and possibly Kathleen to come. We're not back at school yet, though.

Plus our 19 freshmen.
Tell Schoolie to come, and I will personally buy him lunch and team with him.

Everyone else from CNU gets a cookie from me. A very small cookie. /mindgames.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
TBFN gonna make an appearance? =P

why aren't you going kadaj?

toasty toast try to get them new kids out again. haha.

at least 15 plx. =P

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Tell Schoolie to come, and I will personally buy him lunch and team with him.

Everyone else from CNU gets a cookie from me. A very small cookie. /mindgames.
Ahh, ok. i see how it is Ether! im just not good enough for you huh? is that it? then ill just have to destroy Schoolie out of the tourney then! then youll see! then you CANT over look my POWER!!!!:mad: *Goes SSJ4*

j/k

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
for real? sucks. oh well haha. try to make it to the 24th/31st kadaj. i'm pretty sure you're gonna be the brawl setup person.

otis are you planning on learning brawl as well? j/w

rhan

Smash Hero
Was there Melee at the Jan 10th tourney or something? The 31st should just be dedicated to just Melee. No hate towards Brawl players. I just think it's fair that there is at least 1 day dedicated to Melee. :(

Then again my voice doesn't matter since I'm not hosting nor have any athority in the matter. Plus if there is possibly popular demand for Brawl being there I can't stop it. I just wanted my 2 cents on the table. :/

D0N

Smash Ace
To answer your question, there was melee at the Jan 10th tourney. TvC too. They just didnt take priority. Although by the end i think there were like 3 melee setups

rhan

Smash Hero
Well now I feel like a jerk. ._.

I'll still stand by my opinion though. I mean ya'll be able to play Brawl the next day (For those who plan on going to BlackG's place). If you're not, trust me there will be many more Brawl tourneys. Melee is rare now-a-days. :(

D0N

Smash Ace
Dont feel that way for wanting your day of melee lol. im pretty sure everyones gonna play melee for the most part so dont let the thought of a brawl set up being there ruin what your looking forward too. Its just the opposite of toasty saying "if there are a lot of tvs then we can have 1melee setup," or something like that.

In short, "brawl tourneys" respect and acknowlede "melee players" to a small extent so the opposite should be true too.

Just responding so your voice feels heard... nothing more

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I don't think there are ever enough tvs. I don't think there should be a brawl setup until the tourney is done, and honestly think that that should also be the case at brawl tourneys unless there is a massive number of tvs like at that tourney in NC. But honestly in VA we tend to be short TVs for the # of players we have.

Top Bottom