• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Haha truee.. I'm going to practice so we can take first next time nova comes down!

rhan

Smash Hero
Good ****e this weekend.

I love you guys! :3 No homo

Flame diar ***** Mashi. Then Rhan gets ***** 10 times harder. :(

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm giving sk one more chance jeff. unless me and him team up in a nova tourney then we'll team down here. =P cause you don't like to travel lol.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm going to c3. but hmm. iono the details rofl. and partner situations.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I should be going to this. If i have my money right. 80% chance i go. Sounds fun for everyone that has gone previously.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Yeah just remember the whole thing is $45 if you do teams and singles.

I have this idea:
At some point we should have a mini-fest so we can run these teams Round Robin style:
Mashi/Kadaj Vs. toasty/SK
Mashi/Kadaj Vs. toasty/JWolf
Mashi/Jwolf Vs. toasty/SK
Mashi/JWolf Vs. toasty/Kadaj
Mashi/SK Vs. toasty/Kadaj
Mashi/SK Vs. toasty/JWolf

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I've Figured something out. I know how everyone plays. Toasty, me and you play the same style in teams, Support. We look to support our teammate, while only occupying the other opponent. We do work, don't get me wrong, but in the end I've noticed your always the won who is alive at the end. I'm a lighter character, so i do as much as I can before i eventually die. Mashi and Kadaj are both the Killers/Activators. Mashi plays way more conservatively than Kadaj, while kadaj kills everything in sight. Idk thats what i've been noticing the past couple of tournys i've watched. I don't know about SK because i've never studied his team play. I, of course, would feel most comfortable teaming with Mashi, because I've played with him far more than any other, since melee. I feel I know him best team wise, but It's all up to yall. I'll team with whoever.

This post is 99% not needed. The only sentence needed was the last one of the paragraph. Just wanted to say how i feeeel.

EDIT: Famous come to this melee fest. i want to play your mario in brawl more.

toasty

Smash Hero
Jeff you're like...right on the money. That's mostly because of my character choice, because an aggressive ROB in extremely close quarters isn't effective in most of the matchups you'll see in high-level teams play. ROB needs space against most chars high on the tier list. One of the few chars. he can be super aggressive with [and almost HAS to be in order to win] that you'll actually see used at higher levels (at least in SoVa) is Olimar.

I don't use TL at all, but from what I've seen, most of the highly effective approaches with that character revolve around manipulating the opponent to "right where you want them". You can't just run in and **** like Marth can [though that's a challenge as well...until you become good enough with the character]

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Hahaha exactly. Marth/Metaknight/DDD/Snake. They all stand on their own, they are all broken in their own way. Mashi and Kadaj know that. They know their strengths as do we. My TL is a projectile throwing machine. For some reason people are really afraid of bombs haha.

Knowing this while I'm setting up an approach, I'll occasionally toss a bomb the other way hoping to help out my team mate, and most of the time it either stops the opponent or slows them down. Thats only when i see them in trouble. Whenever i see my teammate in trouble, I'll run in, swinging those little kids arms.

I don't know how 2 support players will work together. We should try it out maybe saturday. I'll be playing melee most of the time. but sometime during the night, us four (if kadaj is coming) should take over a brawl set up and see how **** works out.

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah that works...sounds good. Bring your Brawl set up and if you have one of those awesome little TVs to bring, I'll love you even more than forever haha...I'll be playing Melee most of the day too

oh right: it's a tourney! $2! ummm I should probably repost that some time with all the info >_<

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I can bring a melee setup. Not Brawl. I sold my brawl because it was never used.

toasty

Smash Hero
Since toasty is teaming with jeff or sk mashi let's team for c3
Well I mean...we should see how the varied teams work out :)
I'll bring a brawl set up just need a ride home (my dad can probably take me but he's not gonaa pick me up
SOMEONE TRANSPORT THIS MAN!!!
as much as I hate Obama, toasty's sig made me laugh
well the beauty is that it's not necessarily pro-Obama...

Just don't vote for McCain.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
my birthday is on the 18th...i really thought c3 was early beginning of nov. i was suppose to be going to like atlantic city or las vegas for my weekend.......great =/.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'll be playing brawl on saturday if there is a setup. i'll hop on melee mostly just for tourney and MM.

D0N

Smash Ace
Hey toasty can you pm me the brand of ingredients you use for your nachos. I remember the process already. I want to try to make them sometime this week.

Top Bottom