• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
ah so thats what you were talking about the other day. good **** toasty. much luck

you got the numbers wrong though. you gotta save up $1050

street fighter IV son

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
if you host it i'm pretty sure all of us will come again uki. hmm. i don't get to play anyone haha until tourney day. my mk can't escape grab-release kadaj *cough* <3

it's not like i can't escape then up+b *cough cough*

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Uki, if I'm free that weekend I'd be down.

LOL Caboose's actual dorm room is definitely filled with like 4 TVs, 2 Wiis, and a Cube right now hahaha

Malco, your TV is there.

Also: does anyone know what happened to that ipod that was found at the tourney??? We all know eachother and we wouldn't have given it to the random people who we didn't know, so what's the deallll???? Obviously you're not a thief since Malco wasn't there to claim it when we were asking everyone if they lost one, so no harm done. It'd just be nice if he got it back ^_^

and good **** Boose hahaha, SFIV looks tight

toasty

Smash Hero
@ Boose: LMFAO awwwww....

also!!!

October 25th Melee fest at ODU!!!!
Where:
Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
As Caboose said, you have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where this fest will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
1) On 49th St. and Blue Stone the gate at Webb Center will probably be open. You may see cars there already, but it doesn't look like a parking lot at all...so if it's empty and you think "nah that can't be it"...it probably is]
2) the garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When: Saturday, October 25th. 4PM - Midnight. All post-midnight festivities can be moved up to Caboose's room or anywhere that ends up working out afterward. We've got options though, so don't worry =D

FEES:
NONE. IT'S A FEST. WHICH MEANS: NOT A TOURNAMENT.

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS. AND BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!!! .....Seriously people, it's been a while now >_>

I will not be recording. I WILL, however, bring my recording EQUIPMENT. I'll have the cables and the software for anyone who wants to record onto THEIR laptop. So bring your laptops and harddrives or whatever you need. But don't expect me to handle the recording/posting of vids for this fest.

We have plenty of chairs/tables...a LOT actually, so that won't be an issue.

PM me for my number.

note the new time! 4PM!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
which allows people to wake up

and by people i mean not caboose

toasty ill get you the cruise transportation details after the lab this thursday

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
should be mini $2 tourney or something. for me at least. cause i drive far =]. <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
on the subject of tv's in my room -

if ODU had cinemax and i had a splitter and a few extra coaxial cables....

ivar would be a very happy man

edit: $2 toasty tier tourny?

toasty

Smash Hero
okay we'll do a Melee tourney. (Or we could impose a $2 venue fee to be given to travelers for gas?) Tourney is fine with me for $2. It won't just be a "maybe" either. There will be a minimum of 6 setups with priority for tournaments and only if there are more setups will 2-3 setups be reserved for friendlies.

3rd gets money back, after that pot split is 70/30.

If we run teams, we'll have to use all the setups for tourneys except 1 because teams and singles WILL overlap, but not the entire time.

discuss/suggest/whatever
:)

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Malco, your TV is there.

Also: does anyone know what happened to that ipod that was found at the tourney??? We all know eachother and we wouldn't have given it to the random people who we didn't know, so what's the deallll???? Obviously you're not a thief since Malco wasn't there to claim it when we were asking everyone if they lost one, so no harm done. It'd just be nice if he got it back ^_^
Ok thanks Ill pick it up on the 25th if thats ok boose? I was just lazy and parked pretty far. :chuckle:
Oh and the Ipod that was found was black says Gonzo. Ill look around my house too ofcourse I was just wondering if I left it there.
Oh and Ill be bring my laptop toasty so could you teach me how to do all that hooking up?
Im down for the tourny! 2 bucks right? Mashi ready to get your money back or atleast get 30 percent? <3 :]

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
yea ill bring your tv down for the 25th and you can take it home then
Thank you!
Sorry if it got in the way in your dorm.

yeah I'll make sure I have the software with me and then show you how to do everything :)
Where's SS Vs. KF?
Also: Korn says CK has your white Ipod. Gonzo was just wrong :)
Ok cool sounds good!
Um Its on my computer I recently had to fight of some viruses! I saved the crew battle but lost my editing software. :[
Yeah I saw korns post aslong as its safe. :]

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Fun times as always this past weekend. Although I can't believe that it happened again with NOVA taking top 4 spots.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Hey toasty not to sound like a **** or anything but did the first round between me and mashi vs Korn and CK get lost in the uploads?

toasty

Smash Hero
whoa whoa whoa I was just writing about that Boose!!! I was saying:

"The LOL Award of the day definitely goes to Whodat"...the best part was how when Whodat said "what happened??" he added "I want a 'yeah *****'" which made the second "...yeah *****." ****ing HILARIOUS.

but yo...****ing SCARY how you said that as I was writing it!

oh **** Jeff...that's really weird, coulda sworn I uploaded it, but I'll get that posted tonight man. sorriez :) you're not a **** though

D0N

Smash Ace
Malco I never got the controller for my friend, I didnt even see you leave lol... oh well, some other day. You could have your ipod mailed to you btw assuming that it doesnt cost alot to do that. just a thought.

Dobee: We didnt play eachother in singles but we still played in teams lol. That Delfino water fight was the funnest team match of the day.

Toasty Good luck with your dream chasing

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Good **** on posting up those videos so fast.

Also, you said something about hi-score videos? Hmm is it possible to see them if they are not already uploaded?

toasty

Smash Hero
I've never deleted video footage, just stored them in various places [work computer, friends' harddrives, thumbdrives, etc]...I can track some stuff down for you some time.

Thanks D0N...I need all the help/support I can get >_> I know I won't get that from my parents ;__;

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Might be a little important to try and arrange people who will be showing up on time to bring setups to ur event, Toasty. It looked pretty bleak at the last Melee event until, like, halfway through the event.

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea sadly our match wasnt recorded, only the match afterwards. But for the record he won that fight.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lawl riku did a ninja post

IV: thats why i chose to reserve it for 4pm instead of 2pm

toasty: you should be a doctor you friggin racist

toasty

Smash Hero
Well I did the best I could with organizing setups IV, people just squandered on showing up on time. I can't force them to be early >_<' but!..............point taken. This is also why we delayed the start time, because most people don't wanna come that early :( Sorry about those squanders though

@ Boose: o_O haha...***** you KNOW if I was a doctor people would find Doritos in their body...even if they didn't have surgery!!!

Top Bottom