• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
dang...that's gonna be rough in the VS. Link matches. There's a reason he [along with Luigi] is banned from low tier tourneys ;__;

but.......I got jackets to protect me ^_^

I do, however, hate Pikachu vs. Link...not good at all >_> but I'll still do iiiiit!

I'll take whatever you throw at me sonnnnn...Oct 25th!!!!

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
trust me its a free match. worst match in the game along with marth/mewtwo

come to think of it. that particular matchup is almost exactly like it would be in brawl. ftilt to infinity

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
The new tier list looks solid. As M2K has stated, he feels that Marth and Fox are even, but I could never understand why it was always said that Fox>Marth. It seems that one person has actually made a huge impact on the tier list for one character.

Melee is so good.

ttocs

Smash Rookie
sorry for squandering guys, I had out of state family in town and by the time I got free I figured it was too late to bother showing

I hope everything turned/turns out well :s

toasty

Smash Hero
naw I know, but they were, at the time of the "low tier tourney" roster creation, viable for low tier tourneys [just like Pikachu, who was also mid tier]...it's just called a"low tier" tourney though it's not necessarily the "low tier"

also I'm about to make a results thread [and wow you're demanding hahaha...I just got home 45 minutes ago >_>]

toasty

Smash Hero
Results [click the blue arrow in the quote box to get the results thread =D]

Hope everyone likes the new venue...but anyway, here are the basic results [sorry to those in pools as we don't have rankings within the pools...if somone has an idea of what they were for their specific pool, let me know and I'll add in rankings]

Basically, there were 23 entrants, 3 pools of 6 people, and one pool of 5 people. Top 3 advance to a 12 man bracket.

1: Candy ($138.00)
2: Kornnnnnn ($69.00)
3: CK ($23.00)
4: Boss
5: toasty
5: Kadaj
7: DragonCharlz
7: Gonzo
9: Whodat
9: SSR
9: D0N
9: Pyronic Star

There were 13 teams so we only did a Double Elim. Bracket

1: Mario beats his Snake (Boss & Candy) ($156.00)
2: Mashi & Jwolf (Mashi & Jwolf) ($78.00)
3: Rice way better than taco (Kornnnnnnnnnnnn & CK) ($26.00)
4: Kit Cloud Kickers (toasty & Black G)
5: PSSR (Pyronic Star & SSR)
5: El Chocolate Diablo (Kadaj & Famous)
7: PK Triforce (D0N & PK-FU)
7: Strawberry Doom (Whodat & DragonCharlz)
9: Jumbalaya (Riku & Dobee)
9: Muppet Show (Gonzo & ESOJ)
9: Pretty Pony (Soul51 & Earthpower)
9: Starbound (Uki & Rhan)
13: Team Donkey Punch (Arab & Toine)

Looks like I'll actually have time to post some vids so just subscribe here and they'll be uploaded starting tonight and throughout the week when I get a chance:

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

toasty

Smash Hero
Before anyone asks:
I've already uploaded Winners/Losers/Grand Finals [in that order] for Singles...

Everything I upload after that for Singles Bracket will go in REVERSE order of when they occurred on that TV that was recording. So right now I'm only doing Singles Bracket [meaning I'm not uploading pools yet].

After Singles Bracket, I'll upload Winners/Losers/Grand Finals for teams.
And then reverse order for teams bracket on that TV.

And THEN Singles Pools recorded on that TV.
...and finally...vids from the last M.A. tourney that NoVa came to >_>

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

toasty

Smash Hero
.... Toasty im gonna use weegee too
Vidjo and Dac taught me the ways of Abe Lincoln...you'll know when it happens to you, son!

Whodat: figured I had to redeem myself for other vid-upload failures haha =D Almost done uploading singles pools too [although I'm a bit worried...there are about 3 GBs worth of files I have deleted today [after uploading individual matches] and removed from the recycling bin...and even though it's empty, it still says there are that many files in there, and I still have that space taken up.....................wtf. >_<

HUGE THANKS goes to Caboose who got the venue for us and helped so much with everything. I love you buddy =D

And massive thanks goes to everyone who brought setups and helped things run as smoothly as they did.

Also: good **** delivery guys.

Thanks for the pizza DragonCharlz :)

EDITZZZ: all vids are being processed/uploaded right now. That includes Teams Finals [winners/losers/grand], the few other team matches that got recorded, and whatever singles pools matches that got recorded. All Singles Bracket matches that were recorded are already up including Winners/Losers/Grand Finals.

Also: There will be a variation of the SoVa ***** rule from now on at Brawl tourneys.
If we're hosting at a free venue, it goes like this:
-if you wanna hang out and not play ANYTHING at ALL...you pay nothing.
-if you wanna play something other than Brawl, you will pay $2 to the Tourney Organizers and you have to bring your own setup or have someone else provide one [O-NO does this anyway, so good ****]
-if you're in the Brawl tournament in either event, you can play whatever you like without paying

The money collected from this will go toward 1, or both, of these things (I haven't decided yet):
-Ether's idea for helping travelers with gas money.
-winnings pot for the Brawl tourneys [won't be 100% balanced between teams and singles because of difficulties I don't feel like listing but will explain in person]

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Toasty in order for that to work you'll need a door B**** to see what everyone is doing and to pay at the door. Now who can take that B**** job..........

toasty

Smash Hero
Toasty in order for that to work you'll need a door B**** to see what everyone is doing and to pay at the door. Now who can take that B**** job..........
Good point...and I just got the solution haha:
they need us to get into the BUILDING. We'll have to stipulate that no one other than the T.O.s [or someone approved by them] can open the door. We'll have to figure out some way of organizing this. Of course, it'll probably just come down to optimistic trust in our friends and their friends. Numbers won't lie though and I'll know how many people are registered, how many aren't, and how much money I have from non-tourney players. Pretty sure we can work something out :) but good call

toasty

Smash Hero
Well.......something came up friday night. I haven't decided if I want to commit to it just yet [actually I'm pretty much set to do it, it's just a matter of talking to my parents about it that has me worried]...but long story short: I gotta save up close to $1000 by February. luckily I have a pretty good job, but this job used to afford me the luxury of going to a bunch of tourneys and other ****...so other than the November ECRC I don't think I'll be traveling to any tourneys for a bit. We'll see.

I'm trying to follow my dreams, son ^_^

It's okay though, because I'm going to become famous and make a crapload of money and then I can travel everywhere for my love of Smash and the community...I won't even care about practicing so I can place high or anything [but if I "practice" at all, it'll be for GLORY hahaha]

But on the real: I'm going to be a ****ing star. Or a plane on a clear night that you think is a star. Whatever. I'll be happy :)

More details as they come to me on this ****...
oh! I already have a them: it's a trip to Philly and I'll be meeting with like 40 agents from the top of top tier talent/acting/modeling agencies for TV/Commercials/Film/etc in the WORLD. I gotta do my research on this company to make sure it's legit, but from what I've seen, they're one of the few legit companies out there and the only one with this kind of hook up. It's just expensive [I know people who've gone through similar programs, paid that kind of money, and it yielded good LEGIT results, so hush you skeptics =D]. Either way, I must've made the cut for a reason.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's great Toasty!!!! I'm really happy for you man.

Guess this means that no one from SoVA can be at this then huh? Oh well...I guess it'll be a good while then.

Still glad for you though lol.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
I've got some decent news....

Looks like the middle of november (probably the 14th-28th), I'll have the house to myself.... might be trying to host another feast if people are interested....

Top Bottom