• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
We're expecting a lot of great people outside of SoVa at this tourney saturday. So far the 100% confirmed are:
Boss
Korn
Thumbswayup
G-Regulate
Candy
............................and Plank.

People who might as well be confirmed:
JCaesar
Yoster
Hey It's YO
Chaosknight
Gonzo
ESOJ
Pyronic Star

Maybies:
Okin
Karn
uhhhh...not sure who else

ttocs

Smash Rookie
^chillin azen chu

"yeah im thinking i might come down with azen and chu or somethin. how many ppl do you think will be there?"

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty- It's not really a defense. I really just didn't feel like playing Melee. It's just a personal thing and I'm not really hating on anyone else for playing it. I just want to get good a Brawl and the mechanics of Melee don't really apply. You are more than welcome to come over or even meet up a Kadaj's place. I really want to play people that are going to get me better.

JWolf- Hahaha maybe I am bad. I used to be okay though.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hmm. i'll money match toasty =]. go ask to team with sk for next tourney!

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I used to play melty blood but that was a long time ago. I really didn't like the game too much.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
You guys should def meet at my house famous will be here as well and maybe gilgamesh but idk nothings ever 100percent with him lol

Also does anyone play MELTY BLOOD ?
Depends on which version of Melty Blood.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Whoa alot of good players are coming and by that i mean good melee players! :]
But im playing in the brawl tourney just to make the pot bigger for mashi <3 :embarrass

toasty

Smash Hero
haha Whodat I was kind of kidding...the joke was "your defense for not posting/playing much against others was that people were talking about Melee?" which was funnier when you consider that that wasn't quite the case all this time anyway haha [but I get you :)]

Word, we can meet at Kadaj's but it looks like the only good time for me to do this would be the Friday after this one.

Also...a good number of those 95% confirmed people? yeah...not coming. we'll see what happens though.

MaSHi: yeah I guess I'll talk to SK and see what's up...but I dunno when we'd team since I wanna team with either Kadaj [if he lets me ;___;] or Black G at C3 in November...then again, we could always plan some small tourney at the beginning of Nov ? Unless I'm able to go to a Billfest in NC...but I highly doubt that [it's pretty **** far too! eff that]

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wassup guys, since Toasty hinted at this, and seeing as how it's (the date) been confirmed, I'd like to note that there are two Billfests in NC: one on the 8th and one on the 22nd. The second one is the weekend of C3, so could you guys make it to the one on the 8th or is this not enough notice for either?

NC could use some more OOS competition, and we really thought that you guys coming would be a great incentive to get other bros to start coming, as well as spurr on some NC bros to keep improving their game.

Tell me what you think bros. I'd like to meet all of you, or see some familiar faces again!

rhan

Smash Hero
I'll try to come up sometime this week... it probably won't be until friday to be honest.... but we should get some time... maybe I can talk Kadaj and Famous into going and give them a ride up there so we can get some real practice before tourney....
That....will....be.....AMAZING!

I can see if you all can come.

My mom shouldn't make a HUGE deal about it. And if she does....I'm very persuasive. :p

Edit: Pitzer should come over my house and stay the night Friday. (So then I have a practice buddy and a ride to GnT)

On a side note: 444 post FTW.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Rhan, I think I'll come out there friday, won't get off work till about 5:30 though and I'll have to go to the bank quick... so it would be around 6 that I would be leaving from Va Beach to go over there. I'm also considering maybe finding out where everyone will be playing at on friday and maybe just picking you up and heading that way.... Maybe being the key word....

rhan

Smash Hero
Rhan, I think I'll come out there friday, won't get off work till about 5:30 though and I'll have to go to the bank quick... so it would be around 6 that I would be leaving from Va Beach to go over there. I'm also considering maybe finding out where everyone will be playing at on friday and maybe just picking you up and heading that way.... Maybe being the key word....
Alright. If other peeps are playing else where then I can try to just be in Newport News so I can get pick up. Also If we're not gonna be playing at my house then can I possibly stay with you for the night then head up to GnT?

If it's not possible then that'll be cool. I have plan B's and C's. :)

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: im already a snake killer. I just always fight Dededes...
Scott: we can work on a zelda and game&watch, but not for this tourney.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Alright. If other peeps are playing else where then I can try to just be in Newport News so I can get pick up. Also If we're not gonna be playing at my house then can I possibly stay with you for the night then head up to GnT?

If it's not possible then that'll be cool. I have plan B's and C's. :)
Shouldn't be a problem... I'll double check with the people I'm staying with....

Edit: And if you can be in Newport News for me to pick you up... that would be better, then won't have as much of a drive and we could probably get some practice at Kadaj's and maybe migrate to O-No's for a bit if people are over there....

toasty

Smash Hero
D0N...remind me to team with you for a bunch of friendlies! Robot Rampage son.
and...allow me to try and take the title as the SoVa Snake Killaaa haha...I'm gonna try to anyway, I mostly just need practice in the matchup, so yeah MaSHi and whoever else: I accept the MMs vs. Snake

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah Famous but mostly campy Snakes get obliterated by ROBs. Snakes who are patient but in your face at the same time [Candy] make things a bit more challenging. Basically, his close-range game is infinitely better than ROBs. Anything I could do that might, at the most, trade hits with Snake will be far more damaging to me than to Snake. Everything else clanks or gets outprioritized. If he's close and fears any quick attack, he just has to press B and shield..that ****'s practically instant from my experience :(

Not saying it necessarily makes the matchup 100% in his favor, but there's definitely a style of play for Snake that makes him good against ROB...if not really good. Fighting THAT Snake is very difficult, but still doable =D Although Candy did ruin my favorite stage for me ;____; I 2 stocked him on Smashville but I got ***** on Battlefield :(

edit: ohshi started writing his a bit ago haha...sorry, posting at work =X

D0N

Smash Ace
lol, well fine then. robots cant **** anyway. ill just watch your robot get detroyed for becoming useless to people.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
i lawlled so hard at toastys post

btw for melee fest:
...IHOP 20% off coupons in the main lobby
awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaa

THIS MEANS YOU ETHER

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea Famous Detroyed

Destroyed Everyway Through Really Obscene Yet Efficient Dismantling

**** grammer nazi

toasty

Smash Hero
So I suggest a mass exodus from the brawl tourney to El Tapatio saturday night XD it's mad far though...like 35-45 minutes :( but ohhhhh soooo worth the wait!!! because at El Tap, you don't have to wait.

Here's how it goes:

Waiter: What would you like to drink?
You: I'd like a....wow...it's like I already drank it!
Waiter: I know *proud but humble smile*...did you enjoy dessert?

And then you leave a 30% tip.

Top Bottom