• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
REMEMBER PEOPLES: CUBES, TVS, POWER STRIPS TOMORROW
2PM-12AM => other venue(s) later at night

also: dont bring that VHS tape T_T

ttocs

Smash Rookie
i dont know if any amount of money won in poker is worth the bubbles i'm feeling in my stomach right now

ice cream nachos.. wtf guys... wtf....

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
wait...so are people going to odu then blackula's? or the same time?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
toasty-takes-a-long-****ing-nap-during-awesome-Melee-fest combo in Melee...get read >_<'

for real though? I'm about to pass the **** out :( :( :(

probably 7 or 8 hours of sleep over the last 3 nights combined?

sorriez in advance for being a zombie today, because I will be. Maybe I'll just give Caboose my phone and then I'll go sleep in his dorm ^_^

B

Blackula

ttocs, we're playing Brawl at my place. I live in Chesapeake near Greenbrier Mall so I shouldn't be too far from you. If you'd like to come, you're more than welcome. Let me know so I can give you the address.

Oh yeah, 3 more characters to unlock. :)

ttocs

Smash Rookie
oh near heather point condos? i'm over there like 5 times a week

yeah maybe i'll come, i'm pretty tired, gonna go take a nap right now

CStick

Smash Lord
I can bring a cube and smash tongiht. Also, Boose or whoever has my controller: please don't forget it :( Be there some time after 11 or so

B

Blackula

Oh yeah, just as a reminder. Those that are coming, make sure you bring controllers. I only have two Wii classic controllers.

D0N

Smash Ace
we will most likely arrive around 8. I plan to start picking people up about 7.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
SoVa, you kicked so much tail tonight. Very good matches with anyone I played, and to everyone else, wtf we should play!!!!!!!

kinda disappointed i didnt get to play schoolie or ether, but im glad i played o-noez for the first time.

who knows, maybe god is telling me im just not ready yet to face the likes of ether and schoolie; or maybe i was just to lazy to go to the other side of the tables; either way, ether should change the spelling of his tag to Aether.

Props to Toasty for making the focus on MELEE and on the FEST aspect of it as opposed to intimidating and expensive TOURNIES.

Thanks to those who finally brought setups; we literally started off with the two that my party brought; yeah, it was kinda ugly at first.

I feel like every1 mains marth now, but maybe its always been so and i never realized it.

o-no, ur the most hilarious person ive ever seen.

thanks to oro for tolerating my marth while i fortified my marth ditto matchup.

gg's ndn and mashi; sorry we didnt play malco, we should have

to any1 else i played and/or met and omitted, you rock and im glad to have taken part.

Oh, and thanks for not turning anything up missing this time; I'm starting to feel safer at events.

SoVa delivers.

(and now to gather with Melee enough to compete with NoVa)

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Kadaj, up for some brawl today? I'll come out to your place... I really wanna practice for next weekend. Gonna go MK and Lucas I think... but I definitely need to work on my ATs and mindgaming (my **** moves are becoming too predictable) Would be good to get a long afternoon of brawl training under my belt.

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Intro post~

I'm Terrell, and I stay in Chesapeake. I think Brawl is terrible and I can't really say that I play much Melee anymore either (used to main Ganon), but I'm at least a little interested in getting into one of the two just for the sake of nearby competition. Guilty Gear is my main game, but I'm too far away from anything I could call real comp.

So would someone mind giving me the rundown on the smash scene here? And when is that tourney posted on the first page supposed to be happening?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
The first page was for an event that happened a while ago. but all the rules apply for future tourneys/fests

And i'll leave it to someone else to tell you about the smash scene since i'm not so sure how to explain it.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hey titan. toasty will be on eventually to explain the smash scene. he can't resist. did anyone go to blackula's? rofl. i forgot to look for directions so i stayed at melee.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
hey titan. toasty will be on eventually to explain the smash scene. he can't resist.
LMFAO. **** you Mashi hahahaha...

nah, consider me passed-the-f.uck-out today, so here's the short version.

A lot of people in SoVa love Melee. Some of them are willing to pay for frequent Melee tourneys. But not enough for outside competition to be interested in coming down anymore.

A lot of people in SoVa love Brawl. Almost all of them are willing to [and do] pay for frequent Brawl tournaments. Attendance from other regions* at our Brawl tourneys is increasing rapidly. A good number (5-10 of us) try to travel to other regions for Brawl tourneys as much as we're able to.

*other regions = northern VA, Maryland, and soon NC

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
A good number (5-10 of us) try to travel to other regions for Brawl tourneys as much as we're able to.
Lmfao, good point.
We all know that when the new president comes into office, we'll be paying less gas money.

New president helps the SoVa Scene!! You'll see it in the newspapers!!!!!!!!
No Johns in office! OBAMA IS BLACK!

B

Blackula

Mashi, 3 people came over for Brawl, 3 people came over for Tekken DR, and one of those Tekken DR folks switched over to Brawl. So we had 5 people, myself included, playing Brawl yesterday. Very fun times. D0N, Kadaj, and I forget the name of the other person.

Titan, I'm pretty new to the Smash scene as well and I also live in Chesapeake. What part of the Peake do you live in? I live in the Greenbrier area.

Ether

Smash Ace
SoVa, you kicked so much tail tonight. Very good matches with anyone I played, and to everyone else, wtf we should play!!!!!!!

kinda disappointed i didnt get to play schoolie or ether, but im glad i played o-noez for the first time.

who knows, maybe god is telling me im just not ready yet to face the likes of ether and schoolie; or maybe i was just to lazy to go to the other side of the tables; either way, ether should change the spelling of his tag to Aether.

Props to Toasty for making the focus on MELEE and on the FEST aspect of it as opposed to intimidating and expensive TOURNIES.

Thanks to those who finally brought setups; we literally started off with the two that my party brought; yeah, it was kinda ugly at first.

I feel like every1 mains marth now, but maybe its always been so and i never realized it.

o-no, ur the most hilarious person ive ever seen.

thanks to oro for tolerating my marth while i fortified my marth ditto matchup.

gg's ndn and mashi; sorry we didnt play malco, we should have

to any1 else i played and/or met and omitted, you rock and im glad to have taken part.

Oh, and thanks for not turning anything up missing this time; I'm starting to feel safer at events.

SoVa delivers.

(and now to gather with Melee enough to compete with NoVa)
1. Not changing my name to Aether.

2. Why the hell didn't you come over and say hi???? /hate

IHOP was too gooooodz. Cya guys next time
You guys still went? We saw the parking lot was COMPLETELY full of cars and I decided I didn't want to wait an hour for a meal.

Schoolie - we **** so hard...Japes all day lmao and corneria too. And Mewtwo is not a good partner.

Top Bottom