• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Ether

Smash Ace
The Sarah Palin flow chart was gold. You guys keep making me laugh :)

I told my coworker I had a friend named Schoolie Dee, and he thought that was the coolest name ever.

CStick

Smash Lord
cuz Serious Government Business is more technical than Brawl.
if serious government politics is more technical than brawl, then something needs to be done about the senate. They thrive off of camping, just like in brawl. And the moment they move or shield they get f-smashed by mass-party filibusters. Someone also needs to teach Palin, Biden, and Obama to L-cancel, and they REALLY need to show McCain a tier list of things that make successful campaigns, because so far they are total n00bs even when compared to Bush of all people. At least Bush learned how to do standing chaingrab infinite before people figured out that it was lame and said that he couldnt do it anymore.

also, is the ODU fest tonight? Or is it next week? ....and where is it?

Ether

Smash Ace
if serious government politics is more technical than brawl, then something needs to be done about the senate. They thrive off of camping, just like in brawl. And the moment they move or shield they get f-smashed by mass-party filibusters. Someone also needs to teach Palin, Biden, and Obama to L-cancel, and they REALLY need to show McCain a tier list of things that make successful campaigns, because so far they are total n00bs even when compared to Bush of all people. At least Bush learned how to do standing chaingrab infinite before people figured out that it was lame and said that he couldnt do it anymore.

also, is the ODU fest tonight? Or is it next week? ....and where is it?
lol, nice post. See you at ODU tomorrow. I also need to look up the exact part of ODU to meet at, but it's 2pm - midnight, I'm sure. I'll be arriving a bit late.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lawl cstick

and lawl at you people not reading ::sigh::

its at ODU at the quads - Virginia House
4603 Elkhorn Avenue
behind the webb center

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
October 4th Melee fest at ODU!!!!
Where:
Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
As Caboose said, you have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where this fest will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
1) On 49th St. and Blue Stone the gate at Webb Center will probably be open. You may see cars there already, but it doesn't look like a parking lot at all...so if it's empty and you think "nah that can't be it"...it probably is]
2) the garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When: Saturday, October 4th. 2PM - Midnight. All post-midnight festivities can be moved up to Caboose's room or anywhere that ends up working out afterward. We've got options though, so don't worry =D [we may even be able to go to....MY HOUSE?!?!?!..............................................maybe not >_>]

FEES:
NONE. IT'S A FEST. WHICH MEANS: NOT A TOURNAMENT.

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS. AND BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!!! .....Seriously people, it's been a while now >_>

I will not be recording. I WILL, however, bring my recording EQUIPMENT. I'll have the cables and the software for anyone who wants to record onto THEIR laptop. So bring your laptops and harddrives or whatever you need. But don't expect me to handle the recording/posting of vids for this fest.

We have plenty of chairs/tables...a LOT actually, so that won't be an issue.

PM me for my number.

Also: who in SoVa is actually interested in playing Texas Hold'em some time? $5 buy-in.

BRING FULL SETUPS PRX

sorry for double posting...actually no. im not. cz i hate all of you

CStick

Smash Lord
awww! Phucking gayzzzz

I thought it was tonight...

I have work tomorrow night til close to 11, meaning that by time I get there after work I'll have like...ten minutes to play... but if I get off early enough to make it reasonable, I come out for the last hour or so. I'll take of for the 20-somethingth date though, Boose, but let me know the date for the next one so I can get out of work ASAP. Christmas season comes soon, and that means that the request off binder will be blacklisted for two months. I don't wanna keep missing out on teh melee :(

and Ether, if you're free for melee lemme know so we/I/people can practice.

and if anyone plays CoD4 add me: CStick88

Ether

Smash Ace
Yeah, CStick, I'll definitely let you know.

I'm going to be moving soon to a place near the base on Diamond springs. I hear it has a venue that they encourage people to use for parties, or in our case, smash fests and tournies. I don't know if there is a fee yet, but it's by a pool, so that's nice. >_> And there's 100% less crime than where I am now...I mean, it's near a freakin' base.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Nothong much just wondering if you wanted to play you next weekend I think I have homecoming next weekend on saturday not sure but if I do I gotta put in crazy time with this one girl all week :grin:

But ima bout to go so me and famous can secrectly train behind the secenes in brawl

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lmao ether my house last year had a friggin HOT TUB. none of that crap matters once youre smashing

cstick: im sure a bunch of us will still be here after midnight to go my room/some other outside venue (toastys house) so you should still come. and even if theyres no smash i stil need to give you your controller back :p

as for reserving the 25th ill wait a bit and ask tomorrow if theyre up for another date

START POSTING ALTERNATE DATES IF PEOPLE CANT MAKE IT TO THE HYPOTHETICAL 25TH

CStick

Smash Lord
lmao ether my house last year had a friggin HOT TUB. none of that crap matters once youre smashing

cstick: im sure a bunch of us will still be here after midnight to go my room/some other outside venue (toastys house) so you should still come. and even if theyres no smash i stil need to give you your controller back :p

as for reserving the 25th ill wait a bit and ask tomorrow if theyre up for another date

START POSTING ALTERNATE DATES IF PEOPLE CANT MAKE IT TO THE HYPOTHETICAL 25TH
****, good point. I'll be therez

also, I can't be there Nov. 1, but that is a date to consider for everyone possibly, or maybe even Oct 18th

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
$100 says ptzr's not gona make it
also, i NEED to know if theo/crystalnite/IV whatever yall wana call him;
i need to know if he's going. i'm only going if hes going.

B

Blackula

So guys, to those that are coming over, you guys want to put together to get some pizza?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHA wow

the level of disorder in this thread is like watching a bunch of third graders play soccer

also: someone bring a VHS tape theyd be willing to lose tomorrow. there's a crapton of mythbusters i want to record along with samurai jack :D

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHA wow

the level of disorder in this thread is like watching a bunch of third graders play soccer

also: someone bring a VHS tape theyd be willing to lose tomorrow. there's a crapton of mythbusters i want to record along with samurai jack :D
Samurai Jack was the S**t.

B

Blackula

Question? I still have some characters to unlock. What's the fastest way to unlock them?

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I unlocked most of the characters through SSE. It took me around 6 hours to do so.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
if youre patient and like doing menial things and want to go the "100s of matches" route, go to stamina mode and set you and a CPU to 1 hp and turn on lips sticks in the special mode or w/e. start a game and you'll die in less than 2 seconds. rinse and repeat.

otherwise go online to smash dojo or gameFAQS to look up how to unlock certain characters

dobee

Smash Apprentice
I liked the scotsman... he had a gun for a leg... and his wife was still more bada$$ than him.

B

Blackula

6 more to unlock: Ganondorf, Mr. Game and Watch, Sonic, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf

Top Bottom