• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
hm. anything brawl related going down? i mean i usually never play til the day before tourney but i think i'm rusty. =/

Famous

Smash Champion
I just modded my wii...I gave color edits to my Brawl characters..They look smexy..Lol, I'm also injecting a ****load of n64 games..

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kadaj, thanks for the training session yesterday.... sorry you were feeling like crap man... you did help my MK quite a bit. I'm just gonna have to get a few more training sessions in before the tourney.

Which means.... IF ANYONE is up for BRAWL Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday.... let me know and I'll come out to do training, even if its in Newport News or Hampton.

Edit: Oh, and I'm gonna be working on MK and LUCAS only until after the tourney..... if either of them gives a horrid performance (like my Lucas squanders last tourney), then I'm gonna put that character on the shelf and pick up Diddy or ROB in its place.

2nd Edit: Oh and RHAN>>>>> We gonna team for this one???? If soi, I'm willing to come up that way next weekend so we can get some team practice.....

Famous

Smash Champion
You went to Craigs house yesterday?....No wonder he didn't call

Leave Lucas alone until your more confident in your metagame...Once you have confidence and more experience, you should be able to handle more matchups with Lucas

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but only for like 2hours.... he was getting sick and fast, so I left him there so he could rest and get better.... he was probably sleeping most of the day.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Yes...it should be noted that even I haven't really used Lucas in tourney. I only did once or twice against a scrub and even then I hardly beat his MK :(
Honestly Toasty, I have been thinking about the same thing, but you know... I think if I work on the matchups enough, I have a decent shot on some of these.... like Lucas vs Snake is almost a tossup.... and also, I have been reverting back to my scrub ways some because I haven't played hardly anyone in awhile... not an excuse for it, but still.... thats why I wanna give Lucas one more shot before putting him on the shelf... he should give me some shots, but you never know.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.... didn't even realize it until I already posted >.<

Ether

Smash Ace
Cyrain, Cyrain. What's good, man?

I'm free today everyone. Just doing some homework that I can put off. Who wants to chill?

I think we should have a $2 venue fee at the melee fests. The money will be split among the people who travel from far away (read: anyone from across the water) to pay for gas. I think the farther away you are, the more money you should get.

KP - you're amazing don't front
Crystalnite - I don't hate you I just wanted to play you since forever. Didn't know you were there

rhan

Smash Hero
Good ****e this weekend guys!

Sova <3

*Too lazy to do complete shoutouts*

Ukiyasan said:
2nd Edit: Oh and RHAN>>>>> We gonna team for this one???? If so, I'm willing to come up that way next weekend so we can get some team practice.....

What's going on?

I been away from the boards for a bit.

Ether

Smash Ace
Good ****e this weekend guys!

Sova <3

*Too lazy to do complete shoutouts*
haha, that's how I feel, too. But good **** to everyone I played.

Man, nice sig rhan. I honestly didn't know who was in STARS until I saw your sig just now. Who's IV?

Also - that sucks about IHOP....I should've gone then. I mean, was the parking lot even remotely full by the time you guys got there? Cuz that thing was packed when I arrived. We tried to call you all, but Lisa's phone was dead. It's kinda broken so that it works for all of 5 seconds before dying, unless you plug it in an outlet.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Haha Ether, we didnt get our 1v1's! but the team matches were FUNN
and IV is crystalnite.

O-NO - YOU NEED TO GET BACK INTO MELEE!! You are the funniest guy i know out here lmfao
ninja naruto kicks, DK cage matches, naked slap fights, OMG TOO GOOD!

malco- ........................ we need practice

rhan- lol u shoulda came with us to get subway!

PTZR- You're the only one who got recorded matches. enjoy it. -_-"

toasty- YOUR NESS MADE ME LMFAO! FULLY CHARGED FORWARD SMASH ON PTZR'S MARTH! HAHAH It's on tape! p.s. where did the nachos go!?

IV- this weekend we're having a cousinly smashfest?? =)

Caboose- you're so mean to me =[

Kp- you didnt help me team against schoolie and ether! i got my boomerang shoved up my *** in those matches!!

Survivor- Ken can solve survivor math problems now?? I couldnt stop laughing for some reason.

That was a GREAT venue! And not too far for a tiny little crew like us to get to!
moar melee! :)

Pretty sure he meant the "actual" sova smash scene.

Great fest saturday! Maybe next time setups will already be there, before kp brings 2 of his own :)

CYRAIN I MISS YOU!

Err, from what i've heard, nobody has been attending **** in melee.
I don't think an actual sova smash scene exists anymore. unless ur talking about brawl?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lulz ether squanders

S-man: >XD. <3 its only cz im jealous you can play such a badass main. and cz we didnt get to play :p

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
it's sad that I think my Ness is only like 45% as good as it was before I stopped maining him ;____;

who's down for the 25th and who's down for November 1st as the next Melee fest?

the 25th sounds good to me :) :) :) I'll be sure to actually be rested for this one! No Johns =D

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
k ill grab the signup sheet once i get back to the dorm tonight

estimated 20 attendance this time

and ill move the event to 4-1 am to allow time for silly caboose to wake up

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Who's IV?
Agh. Maybe I should start putting my tag in my sig again.

IV- this weekend we're having a cousinly smashfest?? =)
Kp- you didnt help me team against schoolie and ether! i got my boomerang shoved up my *** in those matches!!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c21n9nuIwUQ&feature=related

Err, from what i've heard, nobody has been attending **** in melee.
I don't think an actual sova smash scene exists anymore. unless ur talking about brawl?
Idk y, but I have this gut feeling that Schoolie's remark was meant to be an insult...

it's sad that I think my Ness is only like 45% as good as it was before I stopped maining him ;____;
I usually advocate that low tier players stop trying, but after seeing ur Ness (and playing with s-man for so long) I can only say that u should definitely main ness again. ur too good not to.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
That's why i point out he's floaty.
Guaranteed death at 80%
It's a shame link can't spike :(

Now if rhan wanted to dair him........... that's a different story ;D

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
http://www.aksysgames.com/battlefantasia/index.html

khalil i think thats what youre looking for. it looks pretty f***in sweet

what i THOUGHT you were talking about was this: http://blazblue.jp/us/aou.html

i didnt realize arc was publishing two different games at once

Guilty Gear Overture comes out tomorrow as well though thats not a 2D fighting game. wikipedia's description was rather confusing

basically: the best time ever to get into 2D fighters again

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
http://www.aksysgames.com/battlefantasia/index.html

khalil i think thats what youre looking for. it looks pretty f***in sweet

what i THOUGHT you were talking about was this: http://blazblue.jp/us/aou.html

i didnt realize arc was publishing two different games at once

Guilty Gear Overture comes out tomorrow as well though thats not a 2D fighting game. wikipedia's description was rather confusing

basically: the best time ever to get into 2D fighters again
Both of those games look beautiful. Can't wait to get my 360.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
Reposted for new date and for Titan

October 25TH Melee fest at ODU!!!!
Where:
Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
As Caboose said, you have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where this fest will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
1) On 49th St. and Blue Stone the gate at Webb Center will probably be open. You may see cars there already, but it doesn't look like a parking lot at all...so if it's empty and you think "nah that can't be it"...it probably is]
2) the garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When: Saturday, October 25th. 4PM - 1AM. All post-midnight festivities can be moved up to Caboose's room or anywhere that ends up working out afterward. We've got options though, so don't worry =D [we may even be able to go to....MY HOUSE?!?!?!..............................................maybe not >_>]

FEES:
NONE. IT'S A FEST. WHICH MEANS: NOT A TOURNAMENT.

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS. AND BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!!! .....Seriously people, it's been a while now >_>

I will not be recording. I WILL, however, bring my recording EQUIPMENT. I'll have the cables and the software for anyone who wants to record onto THEIR laptop. So bring your laptops and harddrives or whatever you need. But don't expect me to handle the recording/posting of vids for this fest.

We have plenty of chairs/tables...a LOT actually, so that won't be an issue.

PM me for my number.

Also: who in SoVa is actually interested in playing Texas Hold'em some time? $5 buy-in.

New date (NOT CONFIRMED YET) but putting it out there for notice. if not 25th, then Nov 1st. TIME CHANGE AS WELL: 4pm to 1am now that i know we can stay longer than midnight and that i love sleeping

riku: if i had a car i would just live at your house once these games came out. it's a shame the games are for 360 though. although its the best platform imo, the controller blows so hard for fighters

Top Bottom