• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I personally never said he was bad. Hahaha
At first I thought he was good which is why I played him and said I DIDNT GET *****.
The long laugh was at Jeffereys post.

:]

Btw: I still love mashi <3

I'm funny how?
You should know. Hahaha

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Well, I guess I'm gonna go and play just singles.... seems like most people have teammates, and those who don't, don't wanna partner with me. I honestly wish I had the time to put into training that alot of you have, but I don't.... If anyone is willing to give me a shot as a partner... let me know, if not... I'm just not gonna bother asking people anymore. Its just not worth getting slammed because I'm not on par with the best of the best in this area...
I Definitly didn't mean it like that....I was Just on a team That Won Doubles and now am looking for a new teammate, for this tourny only. that is if my partner will accept my horrible play :ohwell:

I was just looking for a player i feel i can win it all with, and i didn't see you fit sorry .

Your not a bad player, just not the teammate i was looking for..

I'm like 90% sure I'm with Dobee, if not I'm down though.
Let me know what the deal is...

I personally never said he was bad. Hahaha
At first I thought he was good which is why I played him and said I DIDNT GET *****.
The long laugh was at Jwolfs post.
Please don't call me Jwolf =/

JWolf

Smash Cadet
haaha it was directed to malco....

He's a long time friend it didn't sound right coming out of his fingers =/

rhan

Smash Hero
Next tourney I'm so there. (Of course I'm squat at Brawl so I'll just be adding to the pot...)

Also anyone willing to train meh a bit on Brawl? :D

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
$1 one man crew battle MMs with all characters

clearly the most efficient use of time at all tournaments

edit: riku my bad about this but i just remembered that billy (grim) may be coming to this. ill ask him if i see him before saturday but if he's up for it that day (honestly i kinda doubt it) id like to team with him since it was our plan to do so back in the spring. sorry to be a **** but we can still practice tomorro at o-no's
in return, you get one free e-hugg from your friendly neighborhood mass of pillowy mounds/korean rapist. whichever sounds cuddlier

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
gah! **** that. not at the tourney hahaha...if you do, it has to be 1 stock, TOURNAMENT MOOOOODDEEEE HAHAHAHAHA

your friendly neighborhood mass of pillowy mounds/korean rapist. whichever sounds cuddlier
totally going with the rapist.

pillowy mounds sounds...gross and sexy at the same time, and you're only one of those things qt ^_~

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
2 things, when is this tourney happening saturday? i plan on getting drunk friday after teams and money matching people to 3s while i can hardly stand. (just to see if i can do it, i hand 3s matches will also be accepted.)

i want to host the first "3xSMASH CREW BATTLE" 5$ entery.

2 teams, 3 games, all fun. SoVA style!

64, melee, brawl.

coin flip decides what captain picks there team mate first.

once players are picked, they draw a game at random.

that game is played 2 stock, 5 min time. 2 of 3 match. normal tourney rules.

loser counter picks game.

if its a draw, the 3rd game will be played to decide the winner.

winner stays on. loosing team gets to pick another player.

games are again picked at random.

winning team must eliminate all other players on the other team.

sound like fun?

If this goes down, it will be after brawl singles. (thats going to be hosted last)
melee singles, brawl teams, brawl singles, 3x teams.

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: 2$
Slash: 0 lasers??? lol, sure. Just remember, lasers ARE included in the chaingrab:).

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
oh so THATs what you meant. for some reason i was thinking samus' zero laser >_>

man if youre really doing no laser mms id fight you with freaking yoshi

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Yo rhan I don't mind training with you so you can get better at brawl :) I can't really travel much of anywhere tho so you might have to come over my house or something plus there's always other smashers at my house so you could play them if you get tired of playing me lol. I've been told I'm not the best trainer because I won't let ppl sit and practice setups but I say that's bs because you can know a combo like the back of your hand in training mode but in real time you have slightly anykind of knowledge as to how you can setup these moves.

This I one reason why killz isn't as good as he should be because he complains about how he can't do anything when if he would just keep practicing then he would actually be a whole lot better off.

D0N

Smash Ace
My two thoughts on getting better are:

1. Learn from losing
2. Your only as good as your competition

Kadaj will beat you senseless and he wins tourneys. Its good training imo. And setups are nice, but I think its better to just play real matches and see what works. Practicing set ups teaches you flashy stuff and some good combos, but sparring even if you dont know any setups teaches you to look for opening and not get hit (basics). People with better basic skill>>>people who know set ups. As you get better with basics you see what setups are possible.

I want to, but I doubt im gonna make friday. saturday is still definate though.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
we're actually doing better than melee. in turnouts and skillwise of players around sova. game too easy? =/

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
He speaks the truth LMAO....
He was clearly talking about you and Killz...

My two thoughts on getting better are:

1. Learn from losing
2. Your only as good as your competition

Kadaj will beat you senseless and he wins tourneys. Its good training imo. And setups are nice, but I think its better to just play real matches and see what works. Practicing set ups teaches you flashy stuff and some good combos, but sparring even if you dont know any setups teaches you to look for opening and not get hit (basics). People with better basic skill>>>people who know set ups. As you get better with basics you see what setups are possible.

I want to, but I doubt im gonna make friday. saturday is still definate though.
I completely agree with D0N. To add I would say watch vids of yourself and be in the mindset of playing that same match, would you make the same decisions? Change the bad habbits to good and youre game will improve drastically.

This is for Uki:
Overall though just find a character and just use them all the time. You'll feel the moment when you know you know that character inside and out.

we're actually doing better than melee. in turnouts and skillwise of players around sova. game too easy? =/
You're face is to easy. Burn GG son.

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
T_T Now you guys are making me what to come out to O-No's.... but I know there is no way in hell I'll be able to get out there. I've got work till 5, then gotta go to the bank and then I'm gonna be back at the house I'm staying at.... T_T

sk1zz0t

Smash Rookie
T_T Now you guys are making me what to come out to O-No's.... but I know there is no way in hell I'll be able to get out there. I've got work till 5, then gotta go to the bank and then I'm gonna be back at the house I'm staying at.... T_T
if you won't be in the middle of nowhere I could probably pick you up

cause I wouldn't want to show up by myself anyway :)

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
if you won't be in the middle of nowhere I could probably pick you up

cause I wouldn't want to show up by myself anyway :)
Thanks for the offer man, but I have some other stuff that came up for tomorrow night. So, I won't be able to go to O-NO's. I will be at the tourney Saturday though...

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Just talked to Hova, i may have to hold off on some tourneys until hova and g-reg show up. that being said i may run the 3xSmash crew battle first. think if it as a fun warm up.

aside that, my home add is once again on the FIRST PAGE of this thread.

also, do remember that there is a 5$ venue fee ( mostly going toward pizza for you all anyhow =/ ) and if you plan on staying the night, BRING PILLOWS BLANKETS AND SHOWERING ITEMS. i dont have enough for everyone so to be sure our set up, BYOS.

ALSO, who all is going to need a ride from my house to the tourney? as it stands, i think there may be more people needing rides that i have seats. if you are able to give rides from MY HOUSE to the venue on SATURDAY MORNING, please POST HERE.

CStick

Smash Lord
so, what is going down saturday anyway?

Also, I'll show up eventually at Otis' place tomorrow after work (some time between 10:30-11:00pm) for some Melee. If that 3x game is going down, I'm not too useless in 64 and am only semi-useless in Brawl... and as for Melee... *flexes Ganon bulge*

edit: I am free Saturday, so...um, is there gonna be melee?

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lawlled at ganon bulge

slash: in advance. ahem...
"PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE THAN THAT NOOB WARIO DUMDUM"

::hopes slash/me make it in time for 3xsmash battle::
...i should play falcon in all three games :p

rhan

Smash Hero
@Kadaj - Thanks man. I remember you saying you lived in Hampton? Sometime when I get over my grandma's house I'll see if I can stop by and you can train me a bit. I know a bit about Brawl but not that much. I basically know the basics. Toasty and Killz say I should stay with Toon Link...But I just don't like his style of play. If you can give me a character that'll be good to start off with, that would be awesome. ^_^

@O-No - Wish I could come...YOU SUCK! (jk) But yeah... you start all the cool stuff when I go on vacation....<.<

@Uki - Dang dude...Keep ya chin up. Things will get better. Also I haven't forgot...I still owe you 10$. I got the money whenever we see each other again.

@Mashi - SoVA owns.

@Whodat - That hurt...:(

Top Bottom