• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Travel Plans - A very useful resource!

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
so basically im probably driving. since im using the money thats for gas this week on this. ill just ask people pay like $5 to be in my car pool. or less if i get more money. if you want to come. pm me i can leave earliest tonight or tomorrow.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Part of it is Dphat being nice, the other part is his carpool emptying out and he wants it fuller so gas is cheaper for everyone in it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok guys, who let this thread semi die?

Light, you going to No Koast?

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm looking into attending HOBO 23 (instead of WHOBO) because it's during my spring break. Also if there's a tourney on March 13th I might be able to attend that as well. My cousin livesin houston so Im not really worried about housing, but anyone know where I can look into a cheap flight?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm looking into attending HOBO 23 (instead of WHOBO) because it's during my spring break. Also if there's a tourney on March 13th I might be able to attend that as well. My cousin livesin houston so Im not really worried about housing, but anyone know where I can look into a cheap flight?
The internet. Just make sure to check prices every day as as they tend change around a lot. Tickets during Spring Break are going to be expensive though.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Roundtrip seems to be about 275$, is that reasonable? I could probably take a bus/train but I'd want to get there on time for tourney or w/e. I'll look into those also.

edit:
Bump that, Greyhound bus is 89$ with a 21 day in advance purchase. So I have a couple days to get that cleared up with my parents etc.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
How long is the Greyhound trip? Just make sure you don't mess around with drug dealers, that got Lain robbed mugged, haha.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lol I'm tall and black and lived in Texas for 14 years so I don't think I'll have that problem lol. Greyhound trip is 24 hours. If I skipped class on friday (Assuming I don't have any tests) I could leave in the morning and arrive in Houston at 9am (what time does Hobo usually start and when do brawl singles and dubs start?). I hear NK3 is the following weekend and theres a pretty small chance I could go but you have a thread link to it?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hobos start around 1-2 in general, run til late on Saturday. I dont' know where to find the NK thread so you can navigate for it yourself, lol.

Also, aren't you only like 14?

Lastly, it's good that you're paying so little, because assuming most of the good TX people go, you won't be making your money back ;)

Should've come to WHOBO though, then we could've hung out. Don't think I'm going to be doing HOBO 23 or NK.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hobos start around 1-2 in general, run til late on Saturday. I dont' know where to find the NK thread so you can navigate for it yourself, lol.

Also, aren't you only like 14?

Lastly, it's good that you're paying so little, because assuming most of the good TX people go, you won't be making your money back ;)

Should've come to WHOBO though, then we could've hung out. Don't think I'm going to be doing HOBO 23 or NK.
Lololololol dude I'm 18. I have parent johns because I'm african, not because I'm a lil kid :laugh:

And yall better hope I don't make my money back (in singles, since me and Dphat are going to take doubles easily ;)), I'd hate for FL's 8th ranked player to dominate your whole state lol (though my ranking isn't accurate anyway).

edit:
Looks like I can't make NK3 based on the schedule. Hobo should be enough though.

Gnes

Smash Master
Lololololol dude I'm 18. I have parent johns because I'm african, not because I'm a lil kid :laugh:

And yall better hope I don't make my money back (in singles, since me and Dphat are going to take doubles easily ;)), I'd hate for FL's 8th ranked player to dominate your whole state lol (though my ranking isn't accurate anyway).

edit:
Looks like I can't make NK3 based on the schedule. Hobo should be enough though.
Dont worry...u wont...too many diddys here son...especially if Dao is in texas/sugar land by then.

Hopefully u and dphat can win some pocket change ^_^

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dont worry...u wont...too many diddys here son...especially if Dao is in texas/sugar land by then.

Hopefully u and dphat can win some pocket change ^_^
Get CO18 in here to handle my lightweight ;) (he'll namesearch this and be here in minutes)

I dun learned the matchup though so I look forward to us playing.

And yeah, I hope 1st prize doubles is enough to pay da bills. Overages killin me over here...

Gnes

Smash Master
Didn't realize taking first at Hobo teams was pocket change. Hobo must be real small now :).
Since me and razer taking a break someone seems to have gotten a big head...oh well...

Get CO18 in here to handle my lightweight ;) (he'll namesearch this and be here in minutes)

I dun learned the matchup though so I look forward to us playing.

And yeah, I hope 1st prize doubles is enough to pay da bills. Overages killin me over here...
LOL get lee martin in here to handle my lightSTATE.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Red Halbert. if you need housing. i can provide it. if you can bring Co18 to this ill have a special treat for both of you

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lol these people right here.
LOL get lee martin in here to handle my lightSTATE.
"Minor setback. "

~Gnes after HOBO where ADHD *****

Lade dude.. I'm going to help you look up ticket prices dude, if you're paying 200+ for bus tickets I think you can find flights for similar price.
Actually I found a there and back trip for just 89$ if I buy in the next 5 days. I just gotta wrap up the details.
LMFAO! Lade call me later we'll go look up ticket prices together.
Also just realized Lade doesn't own another shirt.
I remember him wearing that same shirt at Winterfest. Maybe instead of coming to texas you get some more clothes.
And lmfao I def wore different **** all 3 days of winterfest, just if you look in my closet I have like 8 black shirts with similar designs onem. Dun worry about my wardrobe mang :laugh:.

@Xyro thanks but my cousin lives in houston so I'll be staying with her, no problem. I'll be sure to check how close/far I am from the venue though if a ride could be provided. The rest of FL will probably be attending WHOBO but I'll be coming to this because I'm visiting friends in texas and it's convenient during spring break.

Gnes

Smash Master
He's said on like 4 different occasions that he has a cousin he'd be staying with. God**** black people need to learn to read.
hmm i would take offense to this...but my as good friend xyro would say u are an illegal so nm.
and u over exaggerate too much :(

also i thought i edited that post...what i mean to ask red is where does your cousin stay? Theres usually alot of smashfests that happen on the day before the tourney and im sure lots of people would like to play u :)...whether that means u coming to play with us or vice versa

OverLade

Smash Hero
He's said on like 4 different occasions that he has a cousin he'd be staying with. God**** black people need to learn to read.
hmm i would take offense to this...but my as good friend xyro would say u are an illegal so nm.
and u over exaggerate too much :(

also i thought i edited that post...what i mean to ask red is where does your cousin stay? Theres usually alot of smashfests that happen on the day before the tourney and im sure lots of people would like to play u :)...whether that means u coming to play with us or vice versa
Daammnnnn hard reads :laugh:

Chances are I won't be in houston till Saturday morning (unless I can arrange a cheaper flight on friday), but I'll get my cousins address pronto to see what can be done. Even if I'm not able to play before I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people after HOBO if possible. Lookin into it.

Top Bottom