• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southern California Tournament 9/24/05 Finished

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
After looking it up on mapquest, I can confirm that I will be attending this. After all, I think this is the Inland Empire's first tournament so I gotta represent the homeland.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
ThomaSexy said:
After looking it up on mapquest, I can confirm that I will be attending this. After all, I think this is the Inland Empire's first tournament so I gotta represent the homeland.
Are you serious!? There are LOT of smashers in this area. I'm surprised I'm the one to throw the first inland empire tourney. Interesting...

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
how do u set up who faces who? i mean i unstand theres tournamnet mode in the game but wont there be more than one gcn? would like there be a bunch of tourneys on different consoles and the winners move on to a final tourney?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
joejoe22802 said:
how do u set up who faces who? i mean i unstand theres tournamnet mode in the game but wont there be more than one gcn? would like there be a bunch of tourneys on different consoles and the winners move on to a final tourney?
We are going to run seperate brackets. We never use the gamecube tournament mode in tournaments.

Hopefully people will be seeded.

Otaku_Smasher

Smash Rookie
Do you accept anyone that may come late? I have a orthodontist appointment at 2:00, so I may come a little bit late... Is that okay? I pray that it won't take long >_<

Straight

Smash Journeyman
nah dude, I really dont think you should have people draw numbers. I dont know but, to me that seems a little amateur. You should just make the bracket and seed the select few that deserve to be seeded. That to me sounds like a much better idea but, then again its your tournament, I'm just giving suggestions.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Straight said:
nah dude, I really dont think you should have people draw numbers. I dont know but, to me that seems a little amateur. You should just make the bracket and seed the select few that deserve to be seeded. That to me sounds like a much better idea but, then again its your tournament, I'm just giving suggestions.
What do you mean? I'm open to suggestions. Please explain

Otaku_Smasher

Smash Rookie
Evilnemesis said:
Around what time do you expect to arrive at the location?
Hmmm it depends on many factors regarding the orthodontist. I think I will be at the tourney at least before the singles matches start, is that fine?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Evilnemesis said:
What do you mean? I'm open to suggestions. Please explain
What my brother means is that if you randomly place people in the brackets by drawing numbers, you are going to end up with inaccurate results. Lets say the random brackets cause the #1 player there play vs the 2nd best player in the first round. 1 beats 2, so 2 gets a low placing even though he is second best. And now that 2 is out of the way, the person who is 12th best ends up getting 2nd because of easy brackets.

Get what i mean?

Money tournaments should work to make sure the deserving players get the winnings. Ideally, the 1st,2nd, 3rd, and 4th best should get 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively. If someone who isn't seeded beats the 2nd best in the brackets we call it an upset victory, and that player deserved his spot.

Do you see why things should be done this way? It's your tournament, but its a good suggestion, trust me.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
HugS said:
What my brother means is that if you randomly place people in the brackets by drawing numbers, you are going to end up with inaccurate results. Lets say the random brackets cause the #1 player there play vs the 2nd best player in the first round. 1 beats 2, so 2 gets a low placing even though he is second best. And now that 2 is out of the way, the person who is 12th best ends up getting 2nd because of easy brackets.

Get what i mean?

Money tournaments should work to make sure the deserving players get the winnings. Ideally, the 1st,2nd, 3rd, and 4th best should get 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively. If someone who isn't seeded beats the 2nd best in the brackets we call it an upset victory, and that player deserved his spot.

Do you see why things should be done this way? It's your tournament, but its a good suggestion, trust me.
Yea, straight explained to me via IM. So we good, we'll have it set up through seeding

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
But how do u know whos the best i mean u havent even seen me play (maybe some how im better than ken or somehow im worse that a donkey without legs) would u just watch us play to see where we would be seeded?

DarkShark

Smash Apprentice
well you have to start somewhere, if you go to a lot of tourneys and do really good, and ppl see that your good, youll get good seedings, but if its like your first tourney and nobody knows you, youll just have to show how you do in the tourney so you can get seeding next time..

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
well, i know i had fun at this tourney

trying to bring ganon respect any way i can haha

nice seeing all the different smashers over there. some i knew, others i met for the first time.

congrats on hugo takin first in singles. i think edreese got 2nd, and wolf got 3rd? good stuff

and thanks to nemesis for hosting the tourney, i think it went well.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
How many people were there? Was it something like 34-36? Anyway, here are some more results:

Teams:

1st Hugs and Wolf
2nd Edrees and Richard
3rd ThomaSexy and Jake

Singles:

1st Hugs
2nd Edrees
3rd Wolf
4th ThomaSexy

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
This tournament was bigger than I expected. All 3 of SoCal's top Peach Players were there. And all 3 of them were in the top 4, yet none of them placed first. That's because Hugs, aka the future 3rd best player in California (3rd to Ken and Isai) took first place.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
ThomaSexy said:
How many people were there? Was it something like 34-36? Anyway, here are some more results:

Teams:

1st Hugs and Wolf
2nd Edrees and Richard
3rd ThomaSexy and Jake

Singles:

1st Hugs
2nd Edrees
3rd Wolf
4th ThomaSexy
And thanks for bringing that extra tv and cube Thomas. Much appreciated

Maniac Ryoku

Smash Rookie
Hey wat up I'm in South California just wondering here would anyone like to be my partner for any tournaments or just to be partners hit me up and we can talk aight my character of choice is fox so let me know aight and maybe sometime we can fight each other to see how good we are so yeah [/B] [/SIZE]

SuperBroz

Smash Rookie
This was a very fun tournament. I enjoyed every doubles match I had, and look forward to the next one. I only wish I had stayed for the singles. Just posting my thanks to the host for a great tournament.

araknophobik

Smash Master
lmao
i remember showing up at the end and seeing hugo playing a peach
i always thought it was wolf but now i see it was edrees =]

i was trying to find luigi's # in an old thread but i guess he never posted it up in his contact info

araknophobik

Smash Master
Hey wat up I'm in South California just wondering here would anyone like to be my partner for any tournaments or just to be partners hit me up and we can talk aight my character of choice is fox so let me know aight and maybe sometime we can fight each other to see how good we are so yeah [/B] [/SIZE]

wow did anybody else read this?
****ing creepy
this was ryans older swf name before he became jake the boy followed by jtb

Top Bottom