• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southern California Tournament 9/24/05 Finished

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Date:
September 24, 2005

San Bernardino, California 92410

Contact Information:
AIM Screen name: Coolyoungster1
E-Mail Adress: Coolyoungster1@msn.com

Schedule:
2:30 PM PST - Warm-Up Session
3:30 PM PST - Singles Tournament
4:30 PM PST/5:30 PM PST (Depends on duration of singles tournament) - Doubles Tournament

Rules:

Singles:
4 Stock
8 Minute Time Limit
Items Off
Best 2 out of 3
Double Elimination, there will be a losers bracket
Ties will be determined by lowest percentage
Pause Disabled

Doubles:
4 Stock
8 Minuted time limit
Friendly Fire On
Life Stealing Allowed
Items Off
Best 2 out of 3
Double Elimination, there will be a losers bracket
Pause Disabled

Random Stages
1. Final Destination
2. Battlefield
3. Yoshi's Story
4. Fountain of Dreams
5. Dreamland 64
6. Pokemon Stadium

Banned Stages
1. Icicle Mountain
2. Rainbow Cruise
3. Flat Zone
4. Brinstar Depths
5. Fourside
6. Big Blue
7. Poke Floats
8. Hyrule Temple
9. Yoshi's Story 64

Additional Stage Rules

1. First Stage is chosen at random from the levels on the random list.
2. The loser of a match has the choice to select the next Stage as long as it's not on the banned list.
3. Only the loser of the previous match may change characters at the beginning of the next match.

Controllers
1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Additional Rules

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Extra Information

1.. Please notify me via E-Mail if you plan to attend the tournament
2. The location will most likely change depending on how many people plan to enter, the new location won't be but about 10-15 minutes from the current location.
3. Any additional Gamecubes (with Super Smash Bros Melee) and/or televisions will help out a lot. So if you can bring any of them, they would help us out a lot.
4. Entry is $5 per person and $10 per team.

Prizes

Singles:
First Place: 60% of entry money
Second Place: 30% of entry money
Third Place: 10% of entry money

Doubles:
First Place: 60% of entry money
Second Place: 30% of entry money
Third Place: 10% of entry money

Update 9/4/05:
1. Food will no longer be sold, if you want to eat something, please bring own lunch.
2. Only the loser my switch character.
3. Time has been altered a bit

Update 9/5/05:
The date has been changed to October 15, 2005 (1 week before MLG LA)

Updated 9/11/05:
The Date has been changed to October 8, 2005 due to MLG being changed to October 15

Updated 9/15/05
The Date has been changed to September 24, 2005

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
ITs official XDDDD socal tourney finally YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =) i hope lots of ppl show to this........... its going to be very fun =)

NORCAL??????? come ova =)

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Some of my friends want me to change the tournament to 11AM and I know that would be kind of hard for you people traveling a long distance. Would this be a trouble to anyone? I personally wouldn't mind keeping it the same but if the majority has a problem with it, it'll stay the same. If not, I'll change the opening matches to start at 11AM and warmups at 10AM.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Evilnemesis said:
Some of my friends want me to change the tournament to 11AM and I know that would be kind of hard for you people traveling a long distance. Would this be a trouble to anyone? I personally wouldn't mind keeping it the same but if the majority has a problem with it, it'll stay the same. If not, I'll change the opening matches to start at 11AM and warmups at 10AM.
Well.....?

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Also, I hope it goes without saying, I don't want any arguing or anything like that. This is supposed to be fun event and I hope no one will come and ruin that. I don't want any disputes or a huge mess, of course, Im expecting a mess, but nothing really huge. So I hope everyone has enough self-control not to do anything crazy

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
I have added this event to the Tournament Calendar. So if you plan on attending this event, please help me out and click on the "I will be attending this event" at the bottom of the page. I want to know how many people to expect and to know if I'll need a bigger place.

DarkShark

Smash Apprentice
i would prefer sat as well, maybe see how much of a difference there is between sat and sun before making it official..

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
me and a couple of friends from Central Cali are thinking about making the drive down for this, but we don't wanna come unless some big names are gonna be there. Forward and DSF said their going. What about Superfriends? Zarelid? Elite 5? Kamakaze? Lemme know who's going and I'll more than likely go if there are some names.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Zivilyn Bane said:
me and a couple of friends from Central Cali are thinking about making the drive down for this, but we don't wanna come unless some big names are gonna be there. Forward and DSF said their going. What about Superfriends? Zarelid? Elite 5? Kamakaze? Lemme know who's going and I'll more than likely go if there are some names.
Well, Zarelid said he's coming and same with Arash

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Yeah, I won't be able to go...sorry dude X_X! I have better chances making it to MLG LA, which are slim to none! =(

Zivilyn Bane: WTF!? I'm a big name too! ;_;

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
How far is this from Anaheim Hills?

I'm just wanting a REAL tounament compared to something local(Gamecrazy,EB).

I'm looking forward to be owned.W@@T :psycho:

Can I join even if I'm just some guy? :samus:

kamakazi1987

Smash Rookie
I will probably go to this. HugS, we should go together, if you find a ride over here, i will give you a ride to the tournament. Thanks for the "big name" Zivilyn. Yeah, so i will most likely go if there are no problems.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
well this is certainly looking good then. i'll more than likely go, i could use the warm-up for MLG LA. is thomasexy and wolf going? i will peach ditto you guys $3 each.

Darkfire, sure, you're a big name, but you said you weren't going ^_^

DarkShark

Smash Apprentice
ppl should put their names in the tournament in the calendar, so we can see whos a comin for sure

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
lol sorry wolf i forgot that was your name on here. so yeah, we really gotta play man, cause living in nor cal has kept me from playing any peach's better than mine. there are like 2 of them that are really close with me, but i need to play somebody better so i can learn, ya know?

Top Bottom