• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Korean Smashers?

banyah87

Smash Cadet
Hey guys can you help me catch up? Where does smash usually take place here, if not at Marcus's place? And who has the setups? I'm really looking forward to playing.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, I'm the only other person that has a setup. I live near Seokchon station (#8 line). Phone is 010-9309-8274.

I only have 2 controllers though so make sure to bring your own/find one.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
this weekend might be tough, but we'll see. If we play at marcus', i might be able to make it on sunday. otherwise, i doubt i ca make it. i have two different places to go on sunday

myl197

Smash Apprentice
It seems most people will be available this Sunday. How's early afternoon this Sunday sound to you all? It'll literally be the last time I can smash with u guys until the winter cuz I leave this coming Tuesday for the states.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
GGs to everyone who's been around in Korea. I'm leaving for the states tomorrow evening and I hope you guys keep up the smash scene without me until I come back in the winter. Wish me luck at Apex this coming weekend and see you all in the winter!

banyah87

Smash Cadet
GGs Marcus. I'll be watching the APEX thread! To everyone else: Yo, let's try to get another smash sitting going. When are you guys usually free?

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
GGs Marcus. I'll be watching the APEX thread! To everyone else: Yo, let's try to get another smash sitting going. When are you guys usually free?
well, i guess i should play you at least once while i am here in korea.. ~_~

i am usually free. I randomly have schedules though.
all my friends know i am just there doing nothing much, so they call me nearly whenever or inform me about meetings a day before...

so yeah. just let me know about things earlyy

soju

SD God
Wow glad that smash looks active in korea, to bad my grandma did the ol' switcharoo and sent me to Italy instead = =ll

Well ill be there next summer =3=

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

I may have found a venue for a tournament. My goal is to actually hold something in Seoul before I leave, but I'm going to need help because I don't speak Korean. Mecatomato has offered his services for translating stuff. Is anyone good or know someone good at making flyers?

If we get a venue and a good flyer, than we could just go to PC bars/colleges and put that **** up. I don't know if there are any Korean forums for competitive gaming to advertise on, but it seems like there should be considering the culture here.

The only other problem after that is setups, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

banyah87

Smash Cadet
Nice, a smash tourney in Seoul would be awesome. I can help out with flyers, if Mecatomato will help with the Korean. We'll talk about it more in person.

As for Thursday, would it be at your place? I'll call you then; what's your number? I don't have my own phone here, but the number I'll call from on Thursday will be 019-496-1628.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I guess this is naive but does anyone in this thread NOT live near Seoul? Cuz I've been in Korea--the south end--for 8 months but still don't know anyone who's still playing this game. KDJ and Xyt are both gone.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
I live in the very centre of Seoul,
yes, i can help you guys translating English to Korean.

koreans don't play this game =X
if you didn't know.... SC2 has released.
koreans are busy playing that game at the moment. lol

Also, getting a place that let you setup TVs and consoles... won't be so easy.
if you find one, it maybe very expensive.

i guess we can have some 'Serious' fest, but not really a tournament.
i highly doubt that there are people who 'actually' play smash bros in Korea.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Haha, yeah, it's a long shot, since I have to see how much the room will cost first, but if it's not too expensive, I'd like to try and see if I could get any interest for this.

banyah87

Smash Cadet
Alright, sounds good. Expect me to call around 2 or 3.

Anyone else down for smash tomorrow?

banyah87

Smash Cadet
Yo, GGs. I want to play as many people possible while I'm here, so to everyone, let's try to smash on the same day.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone. oody referred me to this thread. my tag is Yaoi, so you can just call me that. I'm from WA like oody, western washington though. (yay seattle!) we met through the WA smash scene. XP

I'm in seoul on vacation til sept 4-6~ish. it'd be cool to meet some of you and smash, hang out, whatever. I don't really have very many friends here, so it gets pretty boring sometimes. XP

if any of you have AllisBrawl accounts, you can add me there too:

http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Yaoi.ai

looking forward to meeting/playing with some of you sometime! =)

tsl

Smash Apprentice
I play both, and I'm okay @ both, though I'd say I'm considerably better @ Brawl simply because of the lower skill curve. =p

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
brett, you want to set up something for next saturday or sunday?

also, does anyone have a triwing screwdriver here? I bought an incredible controller, but i need to take the springs and vibrator out. i also have to make sure it works

tsl

Smash Apprentice
also, does anyone have a triwing screwdriver here? I bought an incredible controller, but i need to take the springs and vibrator out.
if no one here has one, I'm pretty sure you can find one in 용산 @ the dealer halls where they do lots of console modding stuff. I know there are some dealers there that do a lot of Wii modding, so I'm sure you can find one there.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Next Sat or Sun is fine with me although I think Meca is leaving Sat.

The only other time I'm free is Thursday 12-7.

Also, if more than one person is coming to my place it would help a lot if you found/bought a controller since I only have 2.

banyah87

Smash Cadet
Ah, try to sneak some smash in before you go! If you can't, good luck at school and enjoy the US.

Brett, I can make next weekend, and it'd be cool if others can make it. Also, I can make Thursday at 12:00, if you're willing to have someone over for only 2 hours.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
The Thursday date is really more for meca than anything else, otherwise I'm just going to do it Sat/Sun.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Ah, try to sneak some smash in before you go! If you can't, good luck at school and enjoy the US.

Brett, I can make next weekend, and it'd be cool if others can make it. Also, I can make Thursday at 12:00, if you're willing to have someone over for only 2 hours.
The Thursday date is really more for meca than anything else, otherwise I'm just going to do it Sat/Sun.

it sounds like i need to jump in for one last time... lol

what time do you guys want to meet up?

Top Bottom