• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Korean Smashers?

myl197

Smash Apprentice
hellooooo, just passed my training exams. i'm super lucky that i did. i'm going to try to meet up with people sooon, i'm in major withdrawal. but yeah, chung-daum learning's training program just killed me. i need to rest up.
congratss! Do u have a cell yet? Better rest up while u can!

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Devil Ray, do you have a setup? I live about 10-20 minutes away from Kangnam. I think Marcus has the only setup left in ****ing Korea since I can't get my wii repaired over here.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
wow, i didn't for 2 hours....and bam. :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

I'm definitely free, i've just been sleeping and looking for a house. I'm at coatel hotel still, so my "place" is open. but no set up. I also spent like 40 mins going to my uncles place just to pick up my controller, so i can play...but someone needs to bring a setup.

it was sad too, a guy here had a wii...but no melee. i had to conform and play the horrid creation called brawl. i was ****** with metaknight :urg:

btw, i'm free all day until 5 tomorrow.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
There's a guy who has Brawl here? hook my azz up

I've got melee, but no wii/gc. I'm free tomorrow though.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
yoyoyo everyone I'm back from my Hong Kong trip. I'm free all day today so if we can arrange a time and place, that would be awesome. mecatomato is working. devil ray or brett, how about u guys?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh, I'm free Wednesday because it's Election Day but otherwise my azz has to work until Friday and Saturday is going to be spent with the missus. Sunday is also fine.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yes! i will play. where???????? my place in gangnam is available

edit: it's 6:24pm, and i shall be waiting by the computer/my hotel room phone. i just tried calling marcus, but didn't get him. i'll be waiting tho! let's smassssssssssssshhhhh

another edit: i'm at coatel hotel, 1330 Seocho-Dong, Seochi-ku, Seoul, Korea‎02-6288-3333‎ room 1201

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
yes! i will play. where???????? my place in gangnam is available

edit: it's 6:24pm, and i shall be waiting by the computer/my hotel room phone. i just tried calling marcus, but didn't get him. i'll be waiting tho! let's smassssssssssssshhhhh

another edit: i'm at coatel hotel, 1330 Seocho-Dong, Seochi-ku, Seoul, Korea‎02-6288-3333‎ room 1201
lol seocho.

my work is at seocho.

screw that work. i doubt i will be working for too long.
it will be a month MAXIMUM.

i will try to quit in a week or two -.-
seriously, that job sucks ***.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Didn't someone just complain earlier that all the smashers lived so far away from Seoul? :p

There is another full GC setup, 4 controllers, melee, and all, but I own it and I'm near Busan. FML.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
GGs last night Ray! Let's try to get one more session going before I leave for America this saturday for 2 weeks. Anyone else is welcome to join.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
What about Sunday?
uh, didn't he say he was leaving saturday?

I guess i can play. Friday might be my best day. I don't have any plans then. Thursday might be tough, but i've got to visit Anyang again at 2pm. Not sure how long i have to be there.

In fact, today might be ok too. i'm not doing shit right now

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I blame my lack of sleep for my poor reading comprehension. o wellz, have fun at your first tournament MYL I'll be checking the results.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
good news, looks like i found a place. hopefully they don't try to change the price on me again. i doubt ppl will make the trek out to anyang, so i'lll try to visit you guys.

so yeah, it seems today(Wed) and fri are best for moi.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
I blame my lack of sleep for my poor reading comprehension. o wellz, have fun at your first tournament MYL I'll be checking the results.
oh about the tournament. GAMME got cancelled so it looks like I'll be going just to have fun and meet people I haven't seen in a while. I'm definitely going to APEX though.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
good news, looks like i found a place. hopefully they don't try to change the price on me again. i doubt ppl will make the trek out to anyang, so i'lll try to visit you guys.

so yeah, it seems today(Wed) and fri are best for moi.
hey not sure if you got my response to your email but I'm down to play tonight. What time's good?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
yeah, way too late now. It's fine. Even if we played at 9:30, i could only play for an hour. I'm at my uncles place now. So yeah, I'm free on friday and sat. Thursday is a possiblity, but it'd have to be after 6 i think.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
yeah, way too late now. It's fine. Even if we played at 9:30, i could only play for an hour. I'm at my uncles place now. So yeah, I'm free on friday and sat. Thursday is a possiblity, but it'd have to be after 6 i think.
hey man you called last night right? Sorry I was out with a few friends and didn't see your call til I got back which was pretty late. Where in Seoul is your uncle's place? I don't think I'll have time to play before I leave for America but when I get back, let's game and hopefully you'll have a cell by then?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
naw, last night I did not call.

tonight is good for me, I don't have much to do. I don't think my uncles place is open. I don't think he'd be ok with having people over. there really isn't room to play smash here anyway. saturday during the day is ok for me too.

i will have a phone soon, i'm getting my AR card by the 31st, so it's all good. i'll get a phone shortly after that.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
I am gonna be in seoul in august, who wants to play some melee? :p
awesome. more melee.

kdj, when's the next time you're coming to seoul? i wanna meet/play you.

edit: who else has a melee setup? i genuinely did not know there were no setups left in the pennisula

myl197

Smash Apprentice
Yamer how long are u gonna be in Seoul when u arrive in August? I'm leaving early August for APEX so I'm not gonna be around then but I'll be back probably during winter.

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there for an academic year. I guess I should bring a melee setup?

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
W00000000h

i will be in korea, seoul and pusan this summer!!!!!!!
Be sure to challenge me for some melee matches!!!

Im sooo excited to challenge you awesome korean smashers w000h!! =d

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
W00000000h

i will be in korea, seoul and pusan this summer!!!!!!!
Be sure to challenge me for some melee matches!!!

Im sooo excited to challenge you awesome korean smashers w000h!! =d
hmmm, the straight up korean smashers don't really exist. most of us are 2nd gen korean guys or have had lived in the USA for sometime. technically, we don't really represent Korea.

i'll still play you though. we're not the strongest group of players, but i think every region has their own style. should be interesitng.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
hmmm, the straight up korean smashers don't really exist. most of us are 2nd gen korean guys or have had lived in the USA for sometime. technically, we don't really represent Korea.
I am a Korean Citizen with a Korean passport,

I was in US for 3 years only.

true that i got 'better' after i got to US, but i learned most of the stuffs back when I lived in China.

and... according to your logic, what defines the representation of your country?
Do i become american as i live in US?
I visited 7 different countries and lived in 3 of them.
what am I?

well, so..
I'd say i am.... or I 'was'
a straight up korean smasher. ~_~

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
hahaha don't you worry about being a true korean smasher or not.
Lets just say to all you smashers currently residing in Korea!

LETS SMASH IT UP!<3

Im from The Netherlands, europe.
Currently I live in Japan, so I have also met up with some american smashers here.
So yeah, it is truelly interesting and amazing to experience an american style and Japanese style of play! =)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
I am a Korean Citizen with a Korean passport,

I was in US for 3 years only.

true that i got 'better' after i got to US, but i learned most of the stuffs back when I lived in China.

and... according to your logic, what defines the representation of your country?
Do i become american as i live in US?
I visited 7 different countries and lived in 3 of them.
what am I?

well, so..
I'd say i am.... or I 'was'
a straight up korean smasher. ~_~
haha, that's fine. i guess i didn't know all of that. i'm still a chicago-style player. obviously earning some dough here, but i'm certainly not getting any better at smash.

edit: and pleeease don't quit. there aren't enough smashers here already...

mecatomato

Smash Lord
hahaha don't you worry about being a true korean smasher or not.
Lets just say to all you smashers currently residing in Korea!

LETS SMASH IT UP!<3

Im from The Netherlands, europe.
Currently I live in Japan, so I have also met up with some american smashers here.
So yeah, it is truelly interesting and amazing to experience an american style and Japanese style of play! =)
I want to go to Europe!!!! =O

Soooo Jealousssss =((((

haha, that's fine. i guess i didn't know all of that. i'm still a chicago-style player. obviously earning some dough here, but i'm certainly not getting any better at smash.

edit: and pleeease don't quit. there aren't enough smashers here already...
good that you didn't take it as an offense. lol
i was trying to be sarcastic, and after i wrote it, i was kinda worried that you may take it as an offense.
It didn't happen, so it's all good. hehehe =P

Eh. I 'quit' this game since last summer, pretty much.
I am not totally out of this field - smash bros - but i don't play as much as i used to.
I always say this.

"I will play when smash gets down to an only option to socialize in that moment
and that is only option I got at all for that day or that moment."

when i play smash, it is pretty fun. but I didn't improve for past 2 years, and after i 'quit' I only got worse.
it is fun at the moment I play, but it doesn't interest me any more.
I mean, I have no intention whatsoever to improve anymore. I will only casually play the game.

everything happened all of a sudden, so i cannot really express in detail.
It... just happened.

Yet, I promise, I will play you guys. I keep my promises, and you have my words.
but we need set ups, first >_>

and.... don't expect me to do so good. lol
I am pretty bad at this game. ^^

QraQ

Smash Ace
Hey everyone im heading to Seoul this weekend coming up. If anyone lives in or in close taxi distance around seoul lemme know so we can smash. Wouldn't mind playing some considering i haven't played for a month and a half and am getting antsy. Take like 2 matches to find my way around a GC controller again lol.

Lol wtf Yamer you're in Korea?! We should play =].

-QraQ

P.S. I only play melee...

Top Bottom