• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Korean Smashers?

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Hey everyone im heading to Seoul this weekend coming up. If anyone lives in or in close taxi distance around seoul lemme know so we can smash. Wouldn't mind playing some considering i haven't played for a month and a half and am getting antsy. Take like 2 matches to find my way around a GC controller again lol.
welcome to korea. =P

I live in the very centre of the Seoul - a little island called 'Yeo Ui Do'

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
my new number is 010-8484-6137. weekends and late weeknights are the best for me. i'll visit anyone, and anyone can visit me. i really want to play again. my fox needs some new blood.

ricosta, 1-5 is a bit....awkward timing. i don't think i'm free then. like i said, weekends and late nights are legit tho

mecatomato

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to play from 1-5 for the weekday let me know.
my new number is 010-8484-6137. weekends and late weeknights are the best for me. i'll visit anyone, and anyone can visit me. i really want to play again. my fox needs some new blood.

ricosta, 1-5 is a bit....awkward timing. i don't think i'm free then. like i said, weekends and late nights are legit tho
actually....
1 to 5 is very good time for me.. lol

i am booked until coming saturday.... this week isn't too good.

maybe friday is ok until 4 or so. unless my friend changes her plan.

and I will save your number just in case. I think i posted my number... maybe not. but i will do it again just in case.

let me know whenever big meeting is going on.. or when including myself becomes even number of people. so that we don't have left alone person.
i will try to see you guys. =P

i guess it is more of a manner to see you guys at least once... after posting so many things hahaha

mecatomato sounds kind of awkward to call me.. lol, so

Name: Seung-Hwan (승환), Agate, Maus.... any of them is fine.
mecatomato is.... ok if you must call me that way.. lol
phone: 010 3002 5761

or if you guys need help about general seoul problems... ask me.

I am aware of a lot of places. at least, ones where a lot of people go to.
Shin Chon, Hong Dae, Ap Gu Jeong, Kang Nam, etc.

Just letting you know...
you can speak korean, english or chinese to me...
chinese isn't too good, but i can still talk some. =P
hehehehe

so... yeah.
hopefully, i will get to see you guys in near future =)

myl197

Smash Apprentice
glad to know more and more people are coming to Korea. I'll be back soon. Real soon. June 13th to be exact. I've got everything necessary to play.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the hours are weird because my work schedule is 6:30-12:00 and then 6:30-10:00.

By the way, don't work for a hagwon for anyone who's coming over here. The extra money ain't worth this ****.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
cool. i'll watch those when i get a solid internet connection.

does anyone want to play this saturday, or even sunday? my number is 010-8484-6137, gimme a call.

QraQ

Smash Ace
cool. i'll watch those when i get a solid internet connection.

does anyone want to play this saturday, or even sunday? my number is 010-8484-6137, gimme a call.
Well ima be in Seoul all weekend so if someone has a setup and decent controllers im down. My number is: 010-8690-4127.
Lemme know.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Thursday, 9th : I will be at Shin Chon all night i guess... *sighs*

Friday, 10th: I don't know what the hell am I going to do, but i might meet my friend

Saturday, 11th: I will be at City Hall from 4 to possbily Sunday (time wise)

Sunday, I usually visit my mom side family.

from Monday I have no plans again. let me know
my number is up there

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
isn't friday the 11th?

Ricosta, you're the only one besides marcus with a setup right? Do you want to play friday night or saturday during the afternoon? sunday is ok with me too

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I can play Saturday from like 12-5. I'm going to go to Itaewon afterwards but my afternoon looks alright.

Man, I better train so I don't get my *** kicked.

anyways, my cell is 010-9309-8274

QraQ

Smash Ace
I can play Saturday from like 12-5. I'm going to go to Itaewon afterwards but my afternoon looks alright.

Man, I better train so I don't get my *** kicked.

anyways, my cell is 010-9309-8274
You're going to Itaewon for the soccer game right? I'll be there bro. I'm down Saturday afternoon just have to know where and when.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i have do something for work until 1:30 on saturday......fcuking job.

i'm still willing to play, but is there anyway we can play past 5pm? forget soccer. love smash :bee:

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually going there because my Australian coworker wants to show me rugby and then we'll stick around for soccer probably. We could go to 5:30 at the latest.

Anyways, for anyone who wants to come just go to Seokchon station and text me and I'll get you. My house is literally two blocks from where it is so it won't be long. My apartment is pretty small but it's good for 2 or 3 people. I only have 2 controllers though.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
rugby is hella fun to watch. i think the aussie rules are different than what i've seen normally tho

i'll be there as when i can. i'll bring my controller and such.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. I only go Ganon in Melee so a couple of hours of Sheik **** should satisfy you plenty.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
if it rains tomorrow, i don't have to head into work. there's a good chance i'll be able to make it on time.

and Seokchon station is the one on line 8 right? stop 815, i believe?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
gg's, brett. i had fun playing. even if i can't play more than a couple times a month, it's worth the practice.

smashers of korea, let's keep on playing! i'm almost always down to play:psycho:

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, man, it was really good to play someone different. I think my Ganon has gone from "really ****ty" to just "****ty".

QraQ

Smash Ace
Sorry I couldn't join you guys this weekend. It was my first time in Seoul and I was awestruck by the glamor that is Seoul. Some other time hopefully.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
btw marcus, you need to invest in a CR TV. they're really cheap nowadays. if you're going compete at apex, you do not want to be used to the timing of a laggy TV.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of good/small/easy to carry tvs on craigslist for 10 or 20 dollars. I'd highly recommend that you guys get a small tv (don't go over 20 inches if possible). If we have enough setups we could actually run a small tournament (maybe shoot for 6-8 people) some day.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Unbelievable, my voltage converter is a piece of ****. I thought the Wii getting ****ed was just system problems (it happened once before in US), but now my GC that I bought last weekend just blew its power supply today.

Marcus once again has the only setup. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Unbelievable, my voltage converter is a piece of ****. I thought the Wii getting ****ed was just system problems (it happened once before in US), but now my GC that I bought last weekend just blew its power supply today.

Marcus once again has the only setup. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
lol

that happened to me before.
so i bought the adaptor in China, and it works perfectly everywhere.heh

if you go to Yong San, there must be some GCs setups available to buy.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I'm in no rush to spend another 30-40 for the GC and another 20-40 for another converter. Especially since I'm going on vacation next month.

I guess I still have Marcus' place to look forward to (btw we should set something up in the next couple of weeks).

mecatomato

Smash Lord
I'm in no rush to spend another 30-40 for the GC and another 20-40 for another converter. Especially since I'm going on vacation next month.

I guess I still have Marcus' place to look forward to (btw we should set something up in the next couple of weeks).
he is having some fun time with the jet lag, as far as i know. lol

and... set what?

myl197

Smash Apprentice
btw marcus, you need to invest in a CR TV. they're really cheap nowadays. if you're going compete at apex, you do not want to be used to the timing of a laggy TV.
I bought a wii component cable for like 50 cents on amazon. Would playing with that be the same as playing on a CR TV?

myl197

Smash Apprentice
that sucks that happened brett... but anyways, we should really have some sort of smashfest someday. I'm assuming most people are gonna be more available during the weekend so maybe friday night or saturday?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
the wii component cables will help a lot. but you need make sure the settings and the resolution are right too.

i would prefer saturday during the day, just so i don't have to worry about the train closing. i could play friday night, but i'd get there around 9:30 without having eaten dinner.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer Saturday as well, since my work ends at 10:00.

By the way, I just got a new converter for real cheap and I ordered a replacement wii cable so we should be back up to 2-3 melee/brawl setups in a few weeks. Hooray for cheap electronic **** in Asia!

Also, if you buy the component cables I think that will get rid of most (if not all) lag.

myl197

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, just an off topic suggestion but would anyone be down to go somewhere in Seoul this Saturday to watch the Korea vs Uruguay soccer game at 11pm after we get in on some smash earlier that day?

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I might be down for that, I made prior arrangements with a friend but I don't know if she wants to now.

Top Bottom