• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Playin' the long game.

I fail to see how not answering dumb questions and being right 90% of the time is scummy.

Guess I'm just too pro. Swiss is scum when he gives you a mislynch.
NGL that last line is definitely a warlock tell.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh, so now there is an indie? And the Warlock just as I said!

Yeah, great tactic Swiss, draw attention to your role when none of these kids had noticed.

I know I'm devious, manipulative and impossible to second guess - but even I wouldn't do that, would I?

X1-12

Smash Champion
broski, I eat game set-ups for breakfast. In the first post I noted the change in rules, do you honestly think I was just gonna forget about that shiz? Now don't you talk to me about none of that WIFOM shenanigans "Oh why would I totally draw attention to my role liek that" cause I deffo saw you claiming that godfather **** in early game only to l8r flip as da actual godfather.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Hahahahaha.

I pretty much claimed mafia in Disc too.

What I'm saying is the rule = indie. I know you spotted the rule, but y'all made no inferences from it.

/Keep on trollin'

X1-12

Smash Champion
What I'm sayin is your wrong. Your *****ass thinks I didn't know something just cause I didn't post about it, but now look yo' bringin it up and droppin' a warlock tell to go along wif it?

Unvote
Vote: Swiss

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Swiss is entitled to his suspicion however mistaken. I'm not really getting the vibe that he's tunneling me. I personally think the point he makes about my #49 was a bit reaching, and I wasn't trying to act cool so much as act sensibly. Swiss, wouldn't you know better than I whether you can read a player based on their previous scum play?

@my 142: Braig was, iirc, the only one during the time of that post to have not contributed anything. This is why I voted him. I didn't have any real leads. Otherwise I would have voted whoever I had a lead on.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I am wrong how?

Why does my 'being wrong' (there is no indie?) equate to myself being scum (hence the vote)?

You didn't bring it up - yet didn't mention it. Why? What if you, town's greatest asset, were to die N1? I might never have guessed there was an indie. Why with hold information?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss is entitled to his suspicion however mistaken. I'm not really getting the vibe that he's tunneling me. I personally think the point he makes about my #49 was a bit reaching, and I wasn't trying to act cool so much as act sensibly. Swiss, wouldn't you know better than I whether you can read a player based on their previous scum play?

@my 142: Braig was, iirc, the only one during the time of that post to have not contributed anything. This is why I voted him. I didn't have any real leads. Otherwise I would have voted whoever I had a lead on.
What do you think about my BSL scum = Clown scum belief?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yo wrong in assuming I didn't know that

The vote is due to a combination of you bringing up this whole indy thing and that warlock tell I just pointed out. You also just confirming to me that you are scum with every sly attempt at undermining what I'm saying (i.e satirising me with da whole "town's greatest asset" thing.)

I don't fear being killed N1. (Not a BP crumb) But I aint the most obvtown player nor am I a super big threat to scum. I also always make several connections so I aint the kinda easy pickings kill to leave town in the dark either. I din't mention it because I reckon in a game with some of these people its liekly some of them may start mentioning indies, which is a pretty strong tell imo. Turns out it was you dat fell into it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Swiss: I didn't vote you because you were basically diet BoiledGoose at the time. And, now that you've actually responded to my questions, still are to an even lesser degree.

lol'd @ "oh wow FF didn't call me out what a wuss" -> "oh **** he did call me out derp" XD

Anyway, so basically you're saying that using a plurality lynch mechanic means that we have an indy in this game, in particular, likely a warlock? If you think that that rule is meant to help a warlock out, you're sadly mistaken, it actually HURTS a warlock's chances here in the SWF metagame, IMO.

Provided the alleged warlock is allowed to guess No Lynch, then it its actually more pro-Warlock to use the standard rules of "if no majority is reached, the result is a No Lynch", since this happens a lot here on SWF. Using the plurality lynch rule actually removes the most likely option IMO, AND it makes lynches more swingy since it inflates the power of the mafia close to deadline and allows surprising last minute lynches to occur.

This rule is definitely not pro Warlock if there even is one. The rule is COMPLETELY pro scum.

I seriously don't see how the plurality rule indicates we have a Warlock, and I really don't see 8v2v1 as that great of a setup. Either way though, a Warlock could still function just as well in a game where no majority = no lynch just as well as it can in a game without that rule, unless the mod is ****ing dumb and doesn't let the Warlock pick No Lynch as a guess, in which case we're metaing based on ****** choices, which is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Anyway, still wanting more from BG and Braig.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh and @ Swiss how the hell did you pick Ran as indy? Really curious about that read.

Also elaboration on Clownbot scum would be nice I'm interested in that read as well.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ah.

Sorry. I forgot how to play mafia. You caught me. Here was me thinking explaining to these kids what's going on was a good idea - but of course that makes me the indie. Gutted I slipped up like that. For a guy who has a rep for being very good as scum, I sure do suck!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Ah.

Sorry. I forgot how to play mafia. You caught me. Here was me thinking explaining to these kids what's going on was a good idea - but of course that makes me the indie. Gutted I slipped up like that. For a guy who has a rep for being very good as scum, I sure do suck!
You ain't helping yourself, mentioning indy in a 9 man game (ie a set-up unlikely to have an indy) is real scummy. idek if you're the maf or the indy, but you aint town for sure.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Swiss: I didn't vote you because you were basically diet BoiledGoose at the time. And, now that you've actually responded to my questions, still are to an even lesser degree.

lol'd @ "oh wow FF didn't call me out what a wuss" -> "oh **** he did call me out derp" XD

Anyway, so basically you're saying that using a plurality lynch mechanic means that we have an indy in this game, in particular, likely a warlock? If you think that that rule is meant to help a warlock out, you're sadly mistaken, it actually HURTS a warlock's chances here in the SWF metagame, IMO.

Provided the alleged warlock is allowed to guess No Lynch, then it its actually more pro-Warlock to use the standard rules of "if no majority is reached, the result is a No Lynch", since this happens a lot here on SWF. Using the plurality lynch rule actually removes the most likely option IMO, AND it makes lynches more swingy since it inflates the power of the mafia close to deadline and allows surprising last minute lynches to occur.

This rule is definitely not pro Warlock if there even is one. The rule is COMPLETELY pro scum.

I seriously don't see how the plurality rule indicates we have a Warlock, and I really don't see 8v2v1 as that great of a setup. Either way though, a Warlock could still function just as well in a game where no majority = no lynch just as well as it can in a game without that rule, unless the mod is ****ing dumb and doesn't let the Warlock pick No Lynch as a guess, in which case we're metaing based on ****** choices, which is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Anyway, still wanting more from BG and Braig.
Last game I played with a warlock, it was though after that the Warlock had a lot of power (N0 bets etc -I talked to Gheb about it). Also I'd agree with you, but No Lynch ISN'T an allowed bet (at least it wasn't before). I entirely agree that it would be weird otherwise.

Warlock is a role I feel fits this game, 8v2v1 depends on our PR's. I can see it being fine.

Clown scum reasoning coming later, a lot hinges on BSL scum to me. (Lol at still being willing to lynch him toDay). In summary: little content, middle of the road player.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You ain't helping yourself, mentioning indy in a 9 man game (ie a set-up unlikely to have an indy) is real scummy. idek if you're the maf or the indy, but you aint town for sure.
Forgot it was 9 man, but it ALL depends on the indie's wincon. Offer me an explanation for this set-up/rule otherwise, ******** town PR? Nah.

And lol.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh and @ Swiss how the hell did you pick Ran as indy? Really curious about that read.

Also elaboration on Clownbot scum would be nice I'm interested in that read as well.
I think he'll show inno to an investigation, I think BSL/Clown are linked as scum, a lot of his posts have seemed dodgy. Indie seems to fit well, esp. considering what I perceive to be a rule list changed to accommodate an indie.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Naw dawg what you chattin?

Where am I tunnelling? Is it that I refuse to believe you are town because of the evidence put in front of me? No, I was accepting that you were town after the you/braig shenanigans. Is it that I go into reading your posts with already the idea that you are scum? No, same reason as above.

How can you call tunnelling for refusing to accept your defence of "Why don't we just forget this until the game finishes" I've no reason to just "assume" that you're town like you just asked me to

X1-12

Smash Champion
well it looked like you just completely handwaved everything against you and labelled it as tunnelling. But it turns out you were just saving that one for now (#344)

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
you mean 6v2v1 bro
Yes I did mean this, I'm dumb. Whoops.

Last game I played with a warlock, it was though after that the Warlock had a lot of power (N0 bets etc -I talked to Gheb about it). Also I'd agree with you, but No Lynch ISN'T an allowed bet (at least it wasn't before). I entirely agree that it would be weird otherwise.

Warlock is a role I feel fits this game, 8v2v1 depends on our PR's. I can see it being fine.

Clown scum reasoning coming later, a lot hinges on BSL scum to me. (Lol at still being willing to lynch him toDay). In summary: little content, middle of the road player.
What game was this? You guys thought the Warlock had too much power? How is being able to bet N0 too much power? How many people could the Warlock bet on? I guess I need to see the role for me to understand where you're coming from on this.

I think it's completely ridiculous for a mod to make a Warlock unable to vote for No Lynch as his guess, that's complete BS.

It is possible the mod just prefers plurality at deadline? Its not a bad system.
I've been thinking about this as well. Some people are hardliners for the plurality deadline system. It's just a matter of preference really and how much emphasis you want to place on town not letting deadline hit, since it gives scum a huge advantage.

Last time I played in a game with this system was Dinomafia IIRC and that was a choice made simply out of preference.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can you at least tell me what game you're referencing?

BTW I went back and checked and it wasn't Dinomafia lol, I didn't even play in that game. It was Monster Island Mafia that had the plurality deadlines.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lame, just checked and Gheb never posted the full details of all the roles.

w/e, I don't feel like trying to meta the mod on whether or not he knows how to properly balance and design a warlock role relative to the ruleset.

Want to hear from Braig and BG. Imma hydra huntin' today and it feels good. =D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
busy weekend, school starts tomorrow. plus the new year. ive been skimming, noticed a few things directed at me. ill go back and reread more thoroughly and answer stuff tonight, probably.

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
@Zεη
Swiss:

Swiss
Swissssssss
SWISSSAIIIIIIIIIIII

Vote Swiss

Lynch whoever my scum mates tells me to. Oh right. Swiss, who you think we should NK toNight? I will follow you to the ends of the earth, my liege. I expect only a small portion of johns allotted to me due to obvious circumstances. We will not differentiate which one of us is posting and we will be posting in the same color...white.
I'm not totally sure what you want rewritten or explained. This point in the game was still sort of jokey and we just responded to Swiss' #26. That's all we've got unless you want something more specific.

This is Luxor btw, hence the pronomial inconsistency and confusion.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran is GF or indie. Willing to accept town 'till proven otherwise. Willing to accept blame if he is wrong on reads - leans town. Possible scum tell but I'll ignore that.

@ Ran why vote Braig in your #56 when you refused to test your vote on Boiled?

Ran cracks out the attitude as soon as he sees I'm on his side. Mmm. Like whoever mentions this later.

Ran don't type inside quotes, it's a pain to ISO later.
I'm neither GF nor Indie. I do admit I am willing to investigation/tracking etc, but I do think I'll be ok with just argument. Also, how would I be indie though? GF I understand, but not indie.

I voted Braig out of RVS, but I refused to vote Goose because he asked me to.

Yes... I was surprised as to why you were calling me scum already, without reasoning, I didn't understand why. Yeah, it was FF. But, I still thought BSL was a bit scummy and I do point out what I notice. Plus it may have been a little silly of me to say "Skimmin, Brah?" Because I say it all the time on aimaf. : 3

Top Bottom