• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

Swiss

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say he's hastening my lynch - but he's paving the way for it by trying to give himself more 'power' and 'credibility' - he'll then try use it on me regardless.

It is unfortunately a null tell from X1. Problem is you have to be right when you play like this, otherwise you throw games away. I don't think X1 is good enough to be playing like he is.

No offence intended and I like the guy, but wtf.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@FF: I missed the part in your first catch-up post about Zen. I didn't go back and check before replying to your post whether or not you had voted, because I'm lazy it didn't matter anyway. Your post before that was during RVS. Basically, the question I should have asked was "Why aren't you placing a serious vote yet?"

@Ran: You said in your analysis post of everybody that BSL's only reason for finding you scummy was your refusal to vote for Goose, which simply wasn't true.

Reread on Swiss. Nothing really notable. No particularly compelling cases against him. All we can do now is wait until he's finished reading, I guess. >_>

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
BSL said:
i was waiting on you to explain what reasonings were invalid, so that i could use whatever BS answer you never came up with as another point towards your scumminess.

and i said that one point wasnt really scummy by itself, but coupled with what you did afterward, makes it scummy.

1) i did
2) i wasnt mad at the game, i was mad at you.

accidentally stole your post color.
Ranmaru said:
Lol. It's ok, colour thief. :3

Right, why did you misquote me?

Here's your point about my point being invalid:

BSL Statement:
"oh, btw, im gonna vote braig now." you go against what you just said about votes. what happened to the power of votes?"

But then, you misquote me, omitting the reasoning for that vote.

My Statement:
"Right. I voted Braig since he wasn't in the discussion yet. I just didn't want to use it for the purpose of mechanics. Plus, Braig had no votes at the time, it was pretty safe to vote him.

Also you know what my reasoning was. You said "Oh I voted you because you are scummy"

And my second sentence refers to that. You seemed to 'forget' what I said though. It was "How am I scummy?" and then, now you say what I did isn't really scummy."

Misquoted content in Deep Sky Blue. Deep Sky Blue point is related to Dark Ochird Point.

Ok, Clown bot. See here? Why would BSL try to find a BS statement I made towards my apparent scumminess?

I found his original post logical, but then after he said that I wasn't really scummy, but before he said what I did was a big deal. That is why I still find him a bit strange.

So, the situation was about me refusing to vote Goose for a simple thing he could have done, but then I voted Braig in RVS (to include him :3). I noted that votes are powerful, and they are our responsibility. That's why I wouldn't vote for Goose, because I chose not to. Like I said before, my vote, is my vote.

Swiss said:
J: You town? Good. Who here can you read? Will you hold my hand to LyLo regardless of my actions?
Blairg said:
You scum? No? How sad, always wanted to take part in lynching a scum Swiss. I am confident in my personal reading of Zen and he knows that if he is scum I'll find out soon enough.
So Braig, will you hold Swiss's Hand to Lylo regardless of his actions? You never answered his question.

Also, have you gotten a good read on Zen now? If Zen would flip Scum, what would that mean? What if he flipped town?

Braig

Smash Rookie
@Ran: I am holding Swiss' hand until his corpse is dead in my hand or mine is his hand. His actions aren't scummy and he is being tunneled.

If Zen were to flip scum (yea right) but if he were I'd be the first time I am ever wrong on him. If he flipped town, called it is all I'll say.

Also nice messing up our name yet again.

I will be asking you for a favor later. That's all I'm saying.

@Zen: Omg yes we are both town. This is great okay what's your read on me? You're town to me broskii.

Braig

Smash Rookie
Yes, but how that is a relevant question I haven't the slightest.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Ran: Is English your first language?

@ Clowbot: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11897255&postcount=283

Why should I have placed a "serious" vote at that point? Why is that so important at that point in the game? What was the purpose of asking me that question?

FF, since you called me and swiss out for doing the same thing, what made you choose to place your vote on me instead of Swisssai?
You had more unanswered questions and they were more important to me than my questions posed @ Swiss, plain and simple.

Also, you never responded to this BG:
Frozenflame751 said:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....5&postcount=70

This is a blatant lie as I've already shown. You were skimming plain and simple. Is that what the Swiss buddying was for? Trying to distract him from the fact that you were just lying to his face when he asked you to be honest?
@ Swiss/Braig: I'm sure it makes you guys feel really cool and all calling town stupid over and over, but seriously you look like complete idiots when you do that but continue to offer us ZERO explanation, ZERO substantiation, and ZERO constructive analysis. So yeah, I suggest you drop the ****ing attitude until you actually start contributing.

@ Braig: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11897126&postcount=275

You'd stake your life on Swiss town? Pretty strong read there. Enlighten us.

@ Swiss:
Swiss said:
BSL is definitely scum. I was acting in a way which should have led you to not trust me. Plus saying 'be wary of Swiss and BSL' isn't an easy thing to say when we're both online and active.

You are definitely town.

BSL did everything he could to avoid the cop, but not the track, he is scum, and a goon. He cleared Goose as non-scum (or godfather) by nominating him as the cop target.

Provisional town: Ran, Swiss, Goose, Clown

IGMEOY Clown

BSL is scum. Unsure on X1.
Frozenflame751 said:
The bolded is such an empty baseless statement it hurts. Explain.

I also want better analysis on how BSL allegedly "did everything he could to avoid the cop but not the track." How does being ok with being tracked make him a goon? Goons can certainly carry out NK and in fact, tend to be good picks for the job since being watched and targeting two people often spells doom for scum PRs. So tell me, how are we getting from Swiss gambit step A to definitely conclusion B? Walk me through.
That's not a stupid question. Stop trolling and start playing if you want to live.

You've also been talking about an alleged indy all game. What's deal buddy?

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11885451&postcount=27
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11897092&postcount=273

Care to let us in on this? Maybe it'll help me make some sense of the complete and utter **** you've been spewing.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Didn't read FF's post yet.

@ran: just because something isn't scummy, doesn't mean it cant be a big deal.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ Ran: Is English your first language?

People need to take note of this response.
Well, Spanish is my first language, but I'm more fluent in English then Spanish. Why do you ask?

Also, you didn't answer my question, Frozen Flame. Please respond.

@BSL: So, what are big deals aside from scumminess, then BSL? Something like lying, could be, but then it WOULD be scummy.

What things that aren't scummy, can be a big deal?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Yes, but how that is a relevant question I haven't the slightest.
Jeez, just curious. :<

FF, you called out several people for various things in your first catch-up post, which led me to be curious as to why you voted none of them.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, Spanish is my first language, but I'm more fluent in English then Spanish. Why do you ask?

Also, you didn't answer my question, Frozen Flame. Please respond.
I was just curious about the language thing. Your sentence structure and use of punctuation (well, primarily your use of commas) is very strange. I can understand what you're saying, but it is often difficult for me to read and understand the meaning on the first go through, because the writing just doesn't seem like natural English.

As for you question about clearing, there are plenty of ways that tracking someone or copping someone doesn't 100% clear them. For example, when it comes to copping, Godfathers and millers are always a threat to the validity of an investigation, as are Lawyers or Framers. Furthermore, the cops sanity is not always guaranteed, and as such, unless you are sure none of these roles exist in a game and you are sure of a cop's sanity, all investigations need to be taken with some reserve. As for tracking, tracking someone and seeing the visited someone who didn't die, or seeing that they didn't visit anyone, also doesn't clear an individual. It is very common for mafiats to have PRs that don't kill people, and it is also common for mafiats to not target anyone during the night (since usually only one mafiat performs the kill). Also, tracking someone to a dead body also does not necessarily mean they are the scum that killed the person. They could easily be another investigative role who happened to pick the same person as the scum. If you are unfamiliar with any of the roles I just discussed, I highly suggest you go do some research on the mafiascum wiki now.

FF, you called out several people for various things in your first catch-up post, which led me to be curious as to why you voted none of them.
Just because I find something that someone did strange doesn't mean it warrants a vote. People also tend to respond differently to you depending on whether or not you are voting for them. I wanted to gauge the responses from the people I called out initially without the factor of a vote being on them being in the equation.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@BSL: So, what are big deals aside from scumminess, then BSL? Something like lying, could be, but then it WOULD be scummy.

What things that aren't scummy, can be a big deal?
There are some things that aren't inherently scummy, like your refusal to vote. But when you look into it, it may turn out to have scummy intentions. Which is why I wanted to look into it more.

@FF: I thought he was being pretty scummy. If he didn't get lynched, I wanted him as the cop target. When Swiss said he was going to be lynched, I was happy with it, so I chose someone else: Goose. Now goose hadn't done too much scummy things, it was just that he was heavy on buddying earlier. He was the second most scummy person that I had at the time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was just curious about the language thing. Your sentence structure and use of punctuation (well, primarily your use of commas) is very strange. I can understand what you're saying, but it is often difficult for me to read and understand the meaning on the first go through, because the writing just doesn't seem like natural English.

As for you question about clearing, there are plenty of ways that tracking someone or copping someone doesn't 100% clear them. For example, when it comes to copping, Godfathers and millers are always a threat to the validity of an investigation, as are Lawyers or Framers. Furthermore, the cops sanity is not always guaranteed, and as such, unless you are sure none of these roles exist in a game and you are sure of a cop's sanity, all investigations need to be taken with some reserve. As for tracking, tracking someone and seeing the visited someone who didn't die, or seeing that they didn't visit anyone, also doesn't clear an individual. It is very common for mafiats to have PRs that don't kill people, and it is also common for mafiats to not target anyone during the night (since usually only one mafiat performs the kill). Also, tracking someone to a dead body also does not necessarily mean they are the scum that killed the person. They could easily be another investigative role who happened to pick the same person as the scum. If you are unfamiliar with any of the roles I just discussed, I highly suggest you go do some research on the mafiascum wiki now.
Hmmm, might be a problem with comma splices. Maybe I just use the commas too much. Sadly all my English classes are done.

Also, thank you. I am very willing to take cops and tracks, because like you said, I don't really know how to defend myself that well against grilling. I noticed I was very sloppy with things i've said, which were my mistakes. (Such as answering another's question)

Even I messed up my wording.

Braig

Smash Rookie
Gah I do not wanna make this mammoth of a post x_x" But I have to I gueeeess. Whatever it'll be done later or soonish or tomorrow or whenever I can get around to it.

It explains this

Vote: BSL
HoS: ClownBot

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"bsl what's with you this game? You're usually loose and jokey. Why are you being so uptight?

J, who's your character? Also what are your reads on bsl, X1, and Ran?"

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i stop being all jokey when im being pressured. this game it happened pretty quickly, so i didnt have enough time to troll you guys.

i understand when jokey time is over, ya know?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"bsl, what are the reasons you think Ranmaru is scum and why you're so stuck on him.

Goose: You have yet to do as I've asked. Do you intend to keep ignoring me?"

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i was ninja'd by a scummy post so i changed my mind, swiss. youre doing the same thing as ran. taking a null-tell and assuming scum from it.

ran:
you didnt want to vote for kuz to verify game mechanics. strange, not necessarily scummy.

then you explained that "votes are powerful, blah, blah, blah" reasoning is valid, i guess

"oh, btw, im gonna vote braig now." you go against what you just said about votes. what happened to the power of votes?

you went on and on trying to discredit my posts based on my phrasing, and not actually what i was trying to convey. i thought goose was scummy, and you were stuck on me "not liking kuz as a person" which wasnt what i was talking about.

then you took a null-tell and assumed autoscum because of it. disliking scummy play isnt always bussing.

there. was. no. reasoning. how could my reasoning be invalid, IF THERE WAS NONE?

this also goes along with why you didnt answer the question. the question being "what isnt valid reasoning?". dont want you forgetting what im talking about agian.

assuming youre town and ran is scum, this sucks that this game had to be your last game as town...

this post, zen.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ Swiss/Braig: I'm sure it makes you guys feel really cool and all calling town stupid over and over, but seriously you look like complete idiots when you do that but continue to offer us ZERO explanation, ZERO substantiation, and ZERO constructive analysis. So yeah, I suggest you drop the ****ing attitude until you actually start contributing.

@ Braig: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11897126&postcount=275

You'd stake your life on Swiss town? Pretty strong read there. Enlighten us.

@ Swiss:

That's not a stupid question. Stop trolling and start playing if you want to live.

You've also been talking about an alleged indy all game. What's deal buddy?

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11885451&postcount=27
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11897092&postcount=273

Care to let us in on this? Maybe it'll help me make some sense of the complete and utter **** you've been spewing.
I agree with Frozen Flame. Swiss and Braig haven't really contributed much. I didn't understand the indie thing, and I wasn't trusting him yet to find an indie if he was scum. It isn't stupid for Town to question... and if Town doesn't get answers, town will pressure.

I asked Braig to say his thoughts on Swiss flipping... But didn't give me the answer I expected.

So again:

@Braig: If Swiss flipped scum, who would be connected to him? If he flipped town, who would be connected to him? (You would be because you knew he was town, for example [if that happens])

Braig, why vote first and explain later?

@Clownbot: Ok, you note nothing of swiss (odd) but how about Braig defending him?

Goose voted after X1 said "the next person to vote is town" and I think he voted for that reason. He didn't say anything else after that.

@Swiss: So you say X1 made the wrong inference? What is the right inference, Swiss?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"bsl:

-The first sentence you admit to not being scummy.

-The second sentence you say he had valid reasoning.

-The third was rvs. Goose convinced him we were in the joking stage and votes didn't need to be so reserved, so he voted Braig. There's no contradiction of play here.

-You know as well as I do that was just a misunderstanding.

-How does him interpreting something you see null as a scum tell make him scum? Why can't he just see it as scummy? Should I think you're scum because you found his unwillingness to vote goose suspicious when I don't?

-The 6th and 7th sentences were again misunderstanding between the two of you, and you've admitted that.

Only a couple of these things have potential scumminess, but as you describe them, none of these explain why you think that Ran is scum. So tell me again why you want him lynched?"

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Clownbot: Ok, you note nothing of swiss (odd) but how about Braig defending him?
It's fine in my book that he wanted someone to Unvote so as to avoid potential hammering, though it's doubtful to me that anyone would hammer this early. Swiss isn't confirmed Town by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm wondering how Braig came to this conclusion unless they were just exaggerating to try and get someone's vote off of him. I suspect they'll cover it in their catch-up post.

You've played with Swiss before, right J? Are your thoughts about him in this game based on any meta? Zen has said that he has meta pointing in the direction that Swiss is scum (although iirc he hasn't elaborated on that).

X1-12

Smash Champion
Unvote
Vote: Ranmaru

I can kinda see where J is coming from

Want to see more from Zen wrt: Swiss, and this big post coming from braig.

@Goose: Has luxor made any posts yet?
@Braig: Same question but with leapfrogninja

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Votecount 1.6

BSL: Swiss, BoiledGoose, Braig (3)
Swiss: Zen, Ranmaru (2)
Ranmaru: BSL, X1-12 (2)
Braig: Clownbot (1)
BoiledGoose: frozenflame751 (1)
Clownbot: (0)
Zen: (0)
X1-12: (0)
frozenflame751: (0)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! If deadline were to hit right now, BSL would be lynched.
Deadline is set for January 8, 2011, at 11:00 AM EST!

Swiss

Smash Lord
K. Doing my full read through. Notes as I go.

Forgot one more thing.

@mod: is the blind thing purely flavor? Will it have any influence on flips or any other game mechanic?
BSL why were you worried that a scum character could have been outed?

Kuz is definitely town.

Ran is GF or indie. Willing to accept town 'till proven otherwise. Willing to accept blame if he is wrong on reads - leans town. Possible scum tell but I'll ignore that.

@ X1 does Clownbot's #41 remind you of JoanBud from Oddworld? Particularly "you tell me" and "not particularly" - trying to act relaxed. He's worried.

@ Ran why vote Braig in your #56 when you refused to test your vote on Boiled?

+ BSL points. If BSL is scum Ran is not. Randie? Possible. BSL scum also means Braig is confirmed town.

Zen was town for some reason.

#91 - Clown is worried about directing PR's after we 'know' BSL is getting tracked. Indirectly trying to save him. BSL scum = Clown Scum. That or Ran scum = Clown scum, but we can ignore that for now.

X1 why the #102? Did you answer me?

Ran cracks out the attitude as soon as he sees I'm on his side. Mmm. Like whoever mentions this later.

#124 was directed at X1 - he quickly signs out. Scum X1 be that dumb? Nah.

BSL's anger almost seems legit. AtE ftw?

#140 - X1. No. U mad? Two scum *******.

#142 - Clown you come back into the game and have nothing to add on what has happened? You distract from the actual lynch candidates and pressure inactives. Easy route.

FF never chased me up on ignoring his #146. Does he admit it was useless? Or does he just not want to confront me? Thought he was arrogant. Pity. Regardless, go and sit on the town side of the room, good content and questioning after. #147 - it was you. Good.

Zen's annoying.

Ran don't type inside quotes, it's a pain to ISO later.

Swiss pressure is always fun but I can't really co-sponsor this resolution without substantiation.
Best sentence ever.

#161 - But doesn't pressure Zen. BSL defence. BSL would be raging in the QT begging his buddy to say that.

#169 - Zen town. FU if not.

#197 - Zen, u mad?

And I misread what you were doing later. He's not protecting me though. Like FYI. Scared.

Seems FF did chase me up. Eventually. Is his vote on me? If not why not?
A man of empty threats, would be good for scum to remember that.

#239 Zen town fo sho. He made the connection I did. Lynch BSL, I'll manage to clear myself toMorrow. Hopefully.

X1 leaving me at L-1 was terribad. Leave useless players there. Not pro gamers. FWIW you played good all game 'till that portion imo. LIKE WHY PRESSURE WAGON ME FFS? Gawd. I'd tell my scumbuddy how not to out himself anyway (not they'd listen, eh? *winks at a player*) I raged so hard reading this last page first time around. You're town though. I hope.

My #273 is clearly correct.

@ FF 288 - U dumb? Indie is here because of the lynch mechanics. Looking at a warlock. At the time I was playing BSL (did you notice?) and so everything I said was designed to illicit opportunistic responses from him. I never thought Ran was scum. You're questioning me about things I said whilst lying. Thus to me it was a dumb question. Not your fault if you're not quick enough to realise that though, I should have spelt it out for you. << That's how you pull off arrogant as well btw ;-D

Yes I lacked contribution, but I did say I would be. Been busy broski.

Scum: BSL/Clown.

Indie: Ran

Town: Everyone else.

If I had to call the game now, that's what I'd say.

Would lynch either of the scum, Ran for clarities sake, but that's a much worse lynch. Track Zen just incase. Cop Clown/BSL survivor.

My vote should still be on BSL from the beginning of the day.

But Unvote Vote BSL

Take this as a Clown vote too.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@ X1 does Clownbot's #41 remind you of JoanBud from Oddworld? Particularly "you tell me" and "not particularly" - trying to act relaxed. He's worried.
I think you mean #49, and no, I got a genuinely chilled out read from him there, why would he try to act all fake relaxed when there's nothing to be worrying about? I said later in #140 that he is looking pretty cool and took that as a town tell. Does this match your scumbot meta and if so where is that meta from?

I think you are wrong about clowns #91 Sometimes its just isn't best to PR direct, especially at that early time in the game, I actually suggested it probably shouldn't be done in my #92 but thats ok? tunnel bro?

X1 why the #102? Did you answer me?
Was responding to you asking for a quick analysis of BSL and Ran I told you I thought Ran was scummy and I could figure ot if BSL was scum or not. Don't get what else you're asking here

#124 was directed at X1 - he quickly signs out. Scum X1 be that dumb? Nah.
I don't think I even signed out - I answered the question 30 minutes later in #140

X1 leaving me at L-1 was terribad. Leave useless players there. Not pro gamers. FWIW you played good all game 'till that portion imo. LIKE WHY PRESSURE WAGON ME FFS? Gawd. I'd tell my scumbuddy how not to out himself anyway (not they'd listen, eh? *winks at a player*) I raged so hard reading this last page first time around. You're town though. I hope.
So @ Swissbro: Why you talking about indies bro? what evidence is there to suggest such a thing exists in this 9 man game. Also why you tunnelling on clown so hard?

Swiss

Smash Lord
What I say might look scummy if you approach the game with all the intelligence of a ********, biscuit gobbling knob jockey, yes.

Hello? Why would No Lynching not be a viable option? Why has majority lynching been introduced? If it were town orientated I'd laugh at the mod, it's a legit scum tactic and it ONLY makes sense for an indie.

We have an indie who doesn't have the ability to kill, so the winCon is probably something skewed, like a Warlock.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Firstly NL is still viable.

Secondly, its just that perhaps when you are town you should consider playing a more townie game, know what I'm sayin?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yeah other than NL, majority shizzle. You know what I mean.

What I do is townie, unless you're a dumb ****.

Which explains the whole 'X1 thinking Swiss is scummy' thing.

:Rolleyes:

Swiss

Smash Lord
Playin' the long game.

I fail to see how not answering dumb questions and being right 90% of the time is scummy.

Guess I'm just too pro. Swiss is scum when he gives you a mislynch.

Top Bottom