• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Mafia! Game Over! Town Wins!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Swiss your indy speculation make no sense. And your town read on X1 is wrong.

@Boiled Goose: The entire post was written from the p.o.v that you were scum. And so far your play goes right a long with it even though you were supposedly joking. So I want Kuz to rewrite the entire post, including your thoughts on people, from the p.o.v you are town using the same format"

Swiss

Smash Lord
You think X1 is scumdie?

I took Ran off the indie list. Do you mean my reasoning for thinking there is an indie? If so, K, I'll take it as Gospel - but still want you tracked tonight.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Not indy. Scum. Forget about indy lol. But the fact that you don't see it makes me think he is town and you are scum. And your play by itself is so scummy. You never have this much of a town read on me."

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm not really sure I can give an unbiased opinion on your Clownbot/BSL scum theory considering I already know my alignment, Swiss. If I were viewing it all from a third-person perspective I suppose I'd find it reasonable enough, although the evidence is a little too light for me to follow it initially. Maybe as a fallback.

I've very briefly gone over each player in the game already. I can reference those posts if you missed them (changing some things accordingly to my current thoughts), or maybe you just wanted me to be more in-depth. If it's the latter I can try and do it but I can't promise it'll be anything too impressive, nor can I promise it will be up tonight or even tomorrow for that matter. Tomorrow's the first day back to school after Christmas break, so I'll be gone a lot of the day.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
"bsl:

-The first sentence you admit to not being scummy.

-The second sentence you say he had valid reasoning.

-The third was rvs. Goose convinced him we were in the joking stage and votes didn't need to be so reserved, so he voted Braig. There's no contradiction of play here.

-You know as well as I do that was just a misunderstanding.

-How does him interpreting something you see null as a scum tell make him scum? Why can't he just see it as scummy? Should I think you're scum because you found his unwillingness to vote goose suspicious when I don't?

-The 6th and 7th sentences were again misunderstanding between the two of you, and you've admitted that.

Only a couple of these things have potential scumminess, but as you describe them, none of these explain why you think that Ran is scum. So tell me again why you want him lynched?"
1, 2, 3) first two are not that scummy, but they get paired with his contradictory play. an RVS vote is no different in power to a game mechanic testing vote. if anything, RVS means more. i still hold that there was a contradiction of play.

4) i think he was doing that deliberately.

5) he's scraping together anything he possibly can to make me look scummier. does that make this point OMGUS? if it does, ill let you have that one.

6 + 7) yep.

these do explain why i think he is scum though. how could they not? i want him lynched because i think he is scum. im sure there is a hint of OMGUS in there, but not enough to make a difference.

BSL why were you worried that a scum character could have been outed?
i was afraid we wouldnt get flips. no flips means:
1) we dont know if we've lynched mafia or not.
2) we cant draw any connections to people. this leaves us to rely solely on confirmed alignments in PMs and through cops/role cops/any other role that can determine alignment.

+ BSL points. If BSL is scum Ran is not. Randie? Possible. BSL scum also means Braig is confirmed town.
just out of curiosity, are these points scumpoints or townpoints?

Swiss is scum when he gives you a mislynch.
@town: you heard it from swiss himself, guys. if i do get lynched toDay, make sure Swiss doesnt stay alive.

you have all these plans for what happens if i flip scum, but you dont give any scenarios for what town does after i flip town. dont forget to make those plans. youll need them.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Kira is childish and he hates losing… I’m also childish and hate losing.

"So this is what I think. I think X1 and Braig are the scum, and if not, scum most likely lies between X1, Braig, Swiss, and Goose. Clownbot and bsl could fit into certain situations as well. But I believe XBSG are the scummiest. Not to be a Cello, but I think if we lynch those 4, we will win. It's the order that matters.

Town: FF, Me
Assuming Town: Ranmaru
Possibly Town: bsl, clownbot

Scummy: Goose
Indy-Scum: Swiss
Scum: X1-Braig

Why I think this is the likely case:

-Swiss is scum.

(1) In his #312 he states that I am town from my #169. And then says "FU if not". This shows to me that he is genuinely accepting that I am town and that's that instead of just putting me in the lean town pile. TownSwiss would never accept me as town from one post or even from just one day, especially after Castlevania. He's been extra hard on me since then and I know he just wouldn't do this as town. He would now want to argue that he said he wants me tracked just in case, but that's weak. 1, we don't know if there is a tracker. 2, If I were scum and the track was directed, my scumbuddy would simply perform the kill. If he really wanted to make sure, he would propose something like cop, rather than this tracker biz. But anyways the point is that his surety and easy acceptance of me being town is what makes him scum.

#239 Zen town fo sho. He made the connection I did. Lynch BSL, I'll manage to clear myself toMorrow. Hopefully.
Also in that same post, Swiss says this. I have no idea how my #239 makes me town fo sho or what connection he's talking about..

(2) Again in his #169 Swiss is being prtty wishy-washy with bsl. He wants bsl lynched yet he unvotes him and says to consider that as a vote for clowbot as well. Why wouldn't he just vote Clownbot then? Because Scum Swiss always does little baits like that. When he's not sure about making a move and how that makes him look, he will say something and see how others react to it before he actually acts upon it. If someone to challenge his him, he would then play it of as not being really serious or sarcastic. This is a swissscum tell.

And then stuff like this:
BSL's anger almost seems legit. AtE ftw?
You think X1 is scumdie?
I don't know how to explain it but, TownSwiss is just more confident and arrogant as town and here he is just so timid, baiting to see how people respond before he makes full accusations and such. If Swiss really cared about me thinking X1 scumdie he would have at least kept responding to me after I answered him, which he didn't.

(3)Swiss randomly assumes indy. Warlock to be more precise. I think people who first start to suspect indies are either indies themselves or scum. Scum usually do because they know they are scum and when they see others playing so scummy they believe them to be indy where as town just sees the scummy person as scum. Swiss has now associated indy with like 3 people. And I agree with X1 about Swiss' indy tells. It's quite plausible. I know Swiss likes to put things out there when he in fact has the role. He did this in Halo where he was talking about a Scum Roleblocker and did in fact flip scum role blocker. I think that case could likely be the case here. 6v2v1 does seem off but I don't know. Swiss being Warlock would make sense wrt to him Vs bsl. It would explain why Swiss set bsl up and why he continues to talk about lynching bsl, yet unvoting him for some reason. It makes me think that Swiss predicted bsl being lynched. And planning to predict himself or clownbot being lynched the next day. Even if Swiss isn't Indy, which I think is likely, he is still scummy nonetheless.

-X1 is a little harder to explain. He's just playing so weird.

(1) The main reason goes with what I was saying about how scum are likely to notice indy play before town does. X1 has mentioned a couple of times that Swiss is town, but now thinks that that he is Indy. This is where a lot of my suspicion is coming from on X1. It makes me think that he as scum would know by default that Swiss is town, but because of Swiss' scummy play and indy speculation, now thinks Swiss is indy.

(2)X1 seems to be playing too town to me. Like usually this dude is more layed back and shiz and really not that concerned with what people thinking him scum. So far he's answered every question that has been asked at him elaborately which I just don't think is X1-like. As Scum or Town. It makes me feel he is trying to play overly town since a lot of us here know his scum play so he is trying to avoid his usual style.

(3) X1 came into the game saying how much scum there was, but I haven't really seen him comment to much on the scummy content he was talking about other than like Ranmaru, which I feel he's been spending too much focus on.

(4) The way he's been posting makes it seem as if he knows certain people are town. Like when him vs Swiss just now and some stuff he was asking me. It felt like he was asking just to be asking, not really to get anything.

X1 is a difficult one to present a case on which is why I was weary in the beginning, but I don't feel this guy is town. But I know people aren't going to lynch him over the others.

-Braig

(1) First of all the biggest tell of all is his inactivity. I said in my opening post that inactive J is scum J. Frozen compare J's All Star play with his play here. In All Stars and any other time he is town, you can tell just how much he cares about catching scum, almost to an obnoxious point. Here and when he is scum (Villains for example) he is more passive. Here is is completely trying to put it off as if posting is a huge chore which is likely because it is for him as scum. He is deliberately avoiding this thread. He's been active all around the boards and Aim and I know he has had more than enough time to post here. If he says otherwise, he is flat out lying.

(2) He is fake crumbing Vig:

J side speaking

Anyone who hammers I am PERSONALLY gonna kill.

Do it. I dare ya.
ahahaha ninja'd by the mod, alright we are not @ L-1

No more votes are needed on him and anyone who does they get some gnarly shots pulled on them.
(3) He knows I am town. He thinks Swiss is town. Scum tell for J right here us knowing 100% that we are town. I'm glad I didn't tell J how I know when he is scum before hand, but it is when he knows I am town. I admit, J is very good at catching when I am scum, but that's because he ALWAYS thinks I am scum, even when I'm town, so no matter what he will catch me as scum whenever he is town. However I've let him believe that he can read me as town as well so that when he is scum I will know it just from him calling me town. U-scum-bwoy

I wanted Braig to post more so I could be for sure who his scumbuddy was, but I'm too impatient. I'm feeling X1, but it could also be Goose and maybe even Ran or cbot.

-Goose

(1) He came into this game "pretending" to be scum yet he's pretty much continued on that path. He is treating Swiss like his master. And he is avoiding me so I can't read him. I think it something Kuz would do to "pretend" to be scummy when he is not.

Popcorn on Aim
Zen: Kuz, you are obvscum, give me the gun.
Kuz: OK
Mod: Zen has the gun.

He tries to Wifom people into not thinking he is scum, which is likely what he was trying to do here. I wouldn't think otherwise if he hasn't playing so dam scummy since then like that Swiss vote (wtf?) and his inactivity and avoiding questions.

(2) I've seen him view the thread multiple times for long periods of time. Just like Braig, he is being deliberately evasive.

What I think we should do:

Swiss if you are warlock you should claim. The town wincon is to get rid of all threats to the town, not to rid of anyone that isn't town. You can win with us. bsl isn't dying today. So if that's what you predicted, it's not going to happen. If you want to fulfill your win condition then you should claim and side with us. We will lynch either Braig, X1, or Goose. And you can make your prediction based on who we don't lynch.

-If we hit scum today and tomorow, then the game would likely end.
-If we hit scum once and mislynch once, you will then be able to predict a second night.
-If we hit only 1 scum out of BXG, you would then be the play and could send in that prediction the night before.

So by claiming, we can keep you and will be able to fulfill your wincon if we mislynch just once. However, if you do not claim, you are the play for today. And I will do everything I can to convince the others that you are scum and should die. Your wincon will not be fulfilled if you are warlock.

So even if you are mafia, Warlock is still best for you to claim, as it gives you time to live. But if you don't, I wont give up until you die. So pretty much win with us, or die.

@Everyone else: If Swiss claims Warlock, I think we should lynch either Braig, X1, or Goose today in that order.

Upon a Braig lynch
-If Braig flips scum, We lynch X1
If X1 flips town, we lynch bsl or Goose

-If Braig flips town, we lynch Goose (or cbot maybe)
If Goose flips scum, we lynch Swiss
If Goose flips town, we review

Upon an X1 lynch
-If X1 flips scum, we lynch Braig
If Braig flips town, we lynch bsl or Goose [We certainly don't lynch cbot, Swiss, myself]

-If X1 flips town, we lynch Braig, Swiss, or Goose.

Upon a Goose lynch
-If Goose flips scum, we lynch Swiss
-If Swiss flips town/indy, we lynch Braig
-If Braig flips town, we lynch cbot

-If Goose flips town, we lynch Braig or X1
-If they flip town, we review.

I know setting out pathways for town to follow are generally bad, but I'm pretty confident in this. If Swiss doesn't claim Warlock, we should really lynch him today though.

@Mod: Request Prod and modkill on Braig"

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really respect the legwork Zen but I think that laying out pathways like that is just really dangerous especially on D1 when we're kinda low on activity atm.

I agree right now that Braig and BG are scummy as hell, I think they're our top plays for the day. Swiss has given me both town and scum vibes so I'd like him around for longer to develop that read.

I'm still not convinced there's a warlock in this game, I think you guys are reading wayyyy to far into this whole plurality deadline thing but, whatever I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong about this.

Anyway, yeah BG and Braig are the plays today, it just depends on what they offer us in the hopefully near future analysis wise to determine who stays and who goes.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Upon a Braig lynch
-If Braig flips scum, We lynch X1
If X1 flips town, we lynch bsl or Goose
you lost me here. why am i a lynch candidate on scumbraig + townX1?

the possibility of a warlock in this game is believable, based on what has been said. im not 100% on the warlock-belief-wagon, but im close.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"I wouldn't expect a warlock either which is why I think it's odd that Swiss brought it up in the first place.

@bsl: Because if X1 isn't Briag's scumbuddy, I think you or Goose would be."

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
that much is obvious. but why?

also, why do you put everything in quotes?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
ok. thats what i was thinking. cbot was on your list and not me. just making sure there wasnt any mistake.

quotes?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yo guys, I am really sorry about this, but my Senior Project is due this week and my midterms are on Friday. I really need to get this stuff done and I have no idea where my hydra partner is to help me out on this. I have been procrastinating too much lately and I just need to do stuff.

I will be LA the next week, if you want me to answer a specific question, could you please just quote it for me so I dont have to hunt for it.

As for the basic jist of what I have seen so far, Zen, you are applying aim mafia meta to forum mafia? Dumb. Also, I agree with FF that giving a network of info like that d1 is a bad idea. Also, explain to me what you hope to gain from me re-writing my earlier post. It was kind of obvious I was just interacting will everyone and sharing my inside jokes. If you insist, I will, but why you are after the re-write confuses me.

As for FF's question about me trying to make ran look confused and calling him scum, since when was I ever calling him scum. I told him he was being uncooperative, not scummy. In reality, how he responded was pretty townish and I quickly realized that BSL's response and subsequent defense was of a higher importance.

Again, quote everything else I missed.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"@bsl: I'm just speaking in dialog >.>

@kuz: Just do it yo. I want to see if you can. If you can't, you scum.

And what's dumb about applying AIM to here? What's dumb is that you have no reason for why it's dumb. And it's not really a major point in things."

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"K we should lynch Swiss then. And no it wouldn't Swiss. You simply would have had to lynch bsl today and then yourself tomorrow."

Swiss

Smash Lord
WIFOM? No.

Jesus. THINK FFS.

In Halo I left crumbs and mentioned roleblocking BECAUSE I WAS CRUMBING IT, why would I draw attention to my role if I was a Warlock? Who WANTS to claim Warlock?

Also I know Zen is town, but if I say how it will result in more town-deaths than it is worth. I'll also ignore any questions about this. No specific game rules have been breached (to the best of my knowledge).

Zen I think both Braig and X1 are town. And a lot of your reasoning is shoddy.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You are trying to meta me and are using 'straight from the textbook' scumtells.

Both of these are stupid things to do. I am actually irritated that anyone can think they're right or that what they say has merit when they make such fundamental errors.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Swiss:

Swiss
Swissssssss
SWISSSAIIIIIIIIIIII

Vote Swiss

Lynch whoever my scum mates tells me to. Oh right. Swiss, who you think we should NK toNight? I will follow you to the ends of the earth, my liege. I expect only a small portion of johns allotted to me due to obvious circumstances. We will not differentiate which one of us is posting and we will be posting in the same color...white.

X1-12:

hi thur. Thx for the advice after newbie 10. I will try to play a better scum game, this game ^_^. I love your fantastic idea of policy-lynching Swiss. A bus this early would never feel so satisfying.

BSL:

I know most of your play from aimMaf. Dont really know how to read you in forum, but I am confident we can be friends. Also, if you me n J make it to lylo, and J is a confirmed townie, I am confident he will make the right choice :)

Ranmaru:

Scum-buddies from newbie10 *brofistaayyy*

Because of this, and aimmaf, I can read you pretty well. If you can convince me you are town by the end of d1, wanna hold hands? *blush*

Zen:

Zen can read everything I say perfectly. I wont even talk to you this entire game. You probably already read me from those two sentances.

frozenflame751:

I only know of you from DnD, where your town play was quite excellent despite the fact of long lapses of inactivity. I hope to see the clean town sweep you talked about earlier, or maybe not because then I might lose :c

I am interested to hear your plan of action.

Clownbot:

Hi there. I have never played with you, or even heard of you for that matter. But I see you have red dice, so I already have respect for you. Wanna be best buds?

Braig:

Hiya J. You have gotten over your grudge from DnD, I have forgiven you, all is well. Let us rejoice and celebrate by eating those tasty sammichs I know you love making. Also, for what its worth, dont poison me :D
Swiss
Swissssssss
SWISSSAIIIIIIIIIIII

Vote Swiss

In a small game such as this, I want to lynch either an incred. scummy or player or an inactive/deadweight so we can make sure our stock consists of active, good posters. I would rather go for possible scum over lynching an inactive, though. The amount of johns will depend on how active my hydra partner is and how much school work I end up receiving. We will be both posting in white.
X1-12:

Thx for the advice after newbie 10. I will try to play better this game, despite me not being scum ;_;. If I had to policy lynch anyone in the this game, it would be Swiss (cuz he always scum), but I wont condone that action until I see how he plays d1.

BSL:

I know most of your play from aimMaf. Dont really know how to read you in forum, but I am confident we can be friends. Also, if you me n J make it to lylo, and J is a confirmed townie, I am confident he will make the right choice :)

Ranmaru:

Scum-buddies from newbie10 *brofistaayyy*

Because of this, and aimmaf, I can read you pretty well. If you can convince me you are town by the end of d1, wanna hold hands? *blush*

Zen:

Zen has been able to read me very well from aim mafia, so lets see if he can convert that over to forum. I am interested to see what he will think of me.

frozenflame751:

I only know of you from DnD, where your town play was quite excellent despite the fact of long lapses of inactivity. I hope to see the clean town sweep you talked about earlier, and I am interested in your plan of action for toDay

Clownbot:

Hi there. I have never played with you, or even heard of you for that matter. But I see you have red dice, so I already have respect for you. Wanna be best buds?

Braig:

Hiya J. You have gotten over your grudge from DnD, I have forgiven you, all is well. Let us rejoice and celebrate by eating those tasty sammichs I know you love making. Also, for what its worth, dont poison me :D

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"X1 what is it?

Goose thankyou jeebus. I like how you talk about using aimmeta though.

Swiss: So you just think bsl and clownbot = scum?"

X1-12

Smash Champion
i aint gonna just say it because not everyone should know. I think someone like you should be able to pick it up bro

BoiledGoose

th3kuzinator|Luxor
Zen: Goose is scum because of aimmaf meta
Kuz: Basing reads solely of aimmaf meta is dumb

Kuz: Because of being your scumbuddy for a game + aimmaf meta I can read you
Zen: clever joke

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"If you read my post, as I've explained, the little popcorn thing doesn't really change the main points I was making on you."

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
if using aimmafia meta is dumb, why'd you even mention it in your post?

i mean, you had a reason for being able to read him, so the aimmafia part was redundant. unless you thought it was important enough to mention it.

Top Bottom