• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

Ghoti

Smash Cadet
I'm not very knowledgeable about Twitch, but will I be able to watch the stream later? I'm unable to watch it now, and I'd really like to listen to what Zipzo has to say.

Thanks ^~^

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
I'm not very knowledgeable about Twitch, but will I be able to watch the stream later? I'm unable to watch it now, and I'd really like to listen to what Zipzo has to say.

Thanks ^~^
Before it started, he asked his guest host how to save it for people to watch it later. So as long as it works properly, it'll be available later.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
May I ask how much distance Ike's Aether covers horizontally? Also, does he still go into helpless state after aerial Quick Draw?

^-^

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Zipzo, did you try out Kirby? If so, how did he change from Brawl? Is he a better character overall?

Shrek Is Ike's Sword

Smash Rookie
Does Little Mac have a shirtless alt like Shulk?

Does Ike have a shirtless alt like Shulk?

Does Link have a shirtless alt like Shulk?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So there's absolutely nothing good to say about Luigi at all?

:'[

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Fanservice Post.
Link and Ike don't, Mac has hoodie and wire frame alts.

I'm curious how about how many Phantom Knights Zelda can summon at a time. Also if the phantom vanishes if a new one is called or does the animation need to be finished?

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Link and Ike don't, Mac has hoodie and wire frame alts.

I'm curious how about how many Phantom Knights Zelda can summon at a time. Also if the phantom vanishes if a new one is called or does the animation need to be finished?
It appears Zelda can only have one Phantom out at a time. If she tries to summon another, she simply does the animation without actually summoning another one. At least, this was true of the SDCC/E3 demo.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So its like Dedede's Gordo toss. Thanks!

Hmm...He mentioned before that Luigi has 3 recovery options. I'm wondering if Mario's tornado is viable to help him recover as well.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So its like Dedede's Gordo toss. Thanks!

Hmm...He mentioned before that Luigi has 3 recovery options. I'm wondering if Mario's tornado is viable to help him recover as well.
So basically his Green-Missile, Tornado, and Super Jump Punch?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So basically his Green-Missile, Tornado, and Super Jump Punch?
Yes. Since the physics were changed its possible for Mario to have the same options. If not then are Tink's arrows different in any way? Tip is on fire, much slower to draw and fire, etc.

Hong

The Strongest
Watch your attitude kid, there's no need to get haughty or pass condescending remarks. Keep your comments to yourself if are going to be a jerk. You weren't the one I was speaking with, speak when spoken to
The only person doing anything wrong here is yourself for calling another person a jerk.

Anyone is free to quote anyone who posts anywhere on here ever, and unless they are explicitly breaking the rules, there is nothing you can do about it if you don't like it, unless it's harassment of course. At worst telling people that they are straw-grasping is a bit rude and inflammatory, but even that is reaching and the post was just fine.

Let's keep this about Smash 4 information.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
My computer doesn't really handle streams well (to say the least...); did we hear anything about stages? I'm especially curious how the platforms work on Tomodachi Life.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Were there any assist trophies unaccounted for besides the 16 bit Advance Wars on? Issac, Ray, etc.

Pandaplays4

Smash Rookie
I cant believe pitwo is a character as himself. I do not know the difference between pit and pitwo

combat wise

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
What does that have to do with this thread?

For Zipzo: Does Raptor Boost still put you in a helpless state? ( I'm sure it does, but it's just to have confirmation )

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I'm very happy I was able to get mostly all of my questions answered in his stream. I know I'm a color palette freak but I couldn't help it. I mainly asked about Robin's and Palutena's though. Everything else was how they feel play wise.

Last edited:

SniperJoestar

Smash Rookie
Just wondering if anyone could answer this question not necessarily Zipzo but have there been any notable changes to Megaman's lag animations? And also what are his colors so far?

Spizor

Smash Rookie
I took some notes during the streaming, I think there may be some new info (sorry for the bad grammar, I'm not a native speaker. I could also have misheard something). I also missed some parts, please understand.
  • Shiek's F-air has more knockback
  • Mario's aerials have little landing lag
  • Robin's aerials don't have much landing lag
    • Side-B is good for spacing
    • Neutral-B is fast
    • Up-B: slightly moves towards the direction he's facing and then shoots down.
    • There isn't any lag when he drops the Levin Sword (you can still act).
  • Pac-Man is really floaty
    • Down-B is like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. (no damage, just pushes opponents away)
    • His aerials have really disjointed hitboxes.
    • No Ms.Pac Man alt.
  • Shulk is slower than Marth.
    • Up-Smash has a lot of range.
    • Neutral-B is the move that allows you to switch between the different stances.
    • He has a "floaty jump" (he said he does a flip, so he floats for a moment, like Marth does).
  • Yoshi doesn't have a white alt, just a black one.
  • Captain Falcon's f-air has more killing power and landing lag.
  • Charizard recolors: purple and blue, black and red, green and gold (could be more).
  • Peach's Final Smash seems the same.
  • In his Final Smash, Dedede smashes his hammer into the opponents (he missed the first part).
  • Little Mac is really good in FFA.
  • Arena Ferox seems a legal stage.
  • The ledge-snap is now way smaller.
    • You can still grab a ledge facing the other way.
  • No crouch canceling.
  • Pikachu has three new costumes: Gold's hat, fighting band (red, yellow and black) and a red cap with sunglasses (X/Y-like, I think).
    • You can do an up-tilt combo twice and then hit your opponent with an aerial.
    • B-air has landing lag.
  • Meta Knight's slashing attack have more lag.
    • His Up-B is looks like Dolphin Slash, but with two slashes.
    • You can't act out of Tornado fast (more ending lag?).
    • Smash attacks have more start-up.
    • He still feels like a good character, just not an overpowered one anymore.
  • Toon Link doesn't have an outfit/pijama alt.
  • The game doesn't lag with the 3D on.
  • Palutena is heavy-weight.
    • Her Up Smash is three times a short hop high (so you can't attack her with an aerial), but doesn't hit you if you're very close to her.
    • Her roll is a teleport.
  • Villager goes helpless if you pop all of his baloons.
  • Rolling is faster, so it's an even safer option now.
  • Sonic's d-air has landing lag.
    • B-air now has landing lag if you SHFF it (it doesn't if you don't FF, though).
    • F-air autocancels.
    • He doesn't have a green recolour, just a white, a black, and a purple-ish one.
    • No Metal Sonic alt.
    • His dash attack does multiple hits.
  • Ike's ground speed got buffed.
    • His moveset felt the same (keep in mind that he played as him in just one match and he didn't main him in Brawl).
  • Smash attacks start sending characters too far to combo once you reach 60-70%.
  • When you fast fall, there's a Smash64-like animation (there's a little spark).
  • Samus's roll is bad (feels clunky and slower if compared to other rolls).
  • Blast zones are really big, characters had to get to very high percentages before getting killed. (in a 3-stock, 2 minutes match against two computers, he spent the whole time just for one stock).
  • Lucario's smash attack are faster.
  • Dedede can only throw one Gordo at a time.
  • You can access the customization menu pressing start in the character select screen.
    • You can save up to 6 profiles per character: the first one is the default one, while you can customize the other 5.
  • Marth's f-air lasts longer (which is why you can't SHDF anymore), but doesn't have huge landing lag.
    • Tippers have an explosion-like animation and still have amazing knockback (as much as before).
    • Range is shorter.
    • His running speed is higher than in Brawl.
    • Dancing Blade still feels the same.
    • Being thinner than other characters, he was sometimes hard to see on the original 3DS.
    • N-air and b-air have very little landing lag, so they can be short hopped.
    • He has the same colours he had before, plus the new orange one.
    • His d-air can still spike.
  • Fox can still side-b -> up-b
  • To switch to the Final Destination version of a stage, you put the cursor over the one you want to play on and press X.
  • Olimar doesn't have rock Pikmins.
  • Zelda's down-B didn't feel very strong, looks more like a defensive move.
    • She doesn't have a Hilda alt.
  • Short hop is easy to do.
  • Peach can still float on the ground.
  • Every character has at least one lagless option.
  • Rosalina has physics similar to Palutena.
  • Donkey Kong has a good b-air.
    • His d-air is a spike.
    • His dash attack is a rolling attack.
    • His down-b has huge range.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

My computer doesn't really handle streams well (to say the least...); did we hear anything about stages? I'm especially curious how the platforms work on Tomodachi Life.
Think luigis mansion. A multiplatformed house with rooms. When you're in one room the rest of the house all you see is the wall. From what I remember there was no ledge...

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Thank you for your continued commentary and involvement. :)

Appreciated the info you gave on Zelda's kicks and Up+B.
I was wondering if you saw Nayru's or Din's in action and how you thought they differed from Brawl/Melee.
Any information on Nair would be cool too.
Hopefully all her attacks connect better, that was a big problem in previous releases.

Thanks once more.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Think luigis mansion. A multiplatformed house with rooms. When you're in one room the rest of the house all you see is the wall. From what I remember there was no ledge...
So you can't pass through the ceilings if you jump into them like Luigi's? I'm pretty much unsure if we have little "caves of life" all over this guy. And by no ledge, you mean at the base of the house, right? That's interesting but wouldn't sink my hopes for this stage.

D

Deleted member 245254

So you can't pass through the ceilings if you jump into them like Luigi's? I'm pretty much unsure if we have little "caves of life" all over this guy. And by no ledge, you mean at the base of the house, right? That's interesting but wouldn't sink my hopes for this stage.
You can jump through the floors.

I'm misty on ledge presence in that stage because I never grabbed...maybe there was on at the base of the house I missed. Don't take this as gospel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
What info is there, if any on custom movesets for the characters.
Man, this wait for Friday is gonna be difficult

Ninestempest

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ninestempest
3DS FC
3454-1133-5164
So the stream happened on twitch, but there's nothing listed in past broadcasts? Was it taken down or something?

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
So every character has 8 skins/colors. Does this demo have all 8 colors and skins for everyone? Or are there some characters that only have 4 or 6 colors, hinting to more in the final game?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Was Bowser changed at all between the E3/SDCC demo and this demo?

Top Bottom