• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ExLight

Smash Lord
I don't see the point like Z25 knows he's outted, he's not going to spew
at best he tries to cc Xivii, not killing him today yields no benefits
noone will believe him if he counterclaims Xivii

the hunter shooting a town is a -3 for town; keeping Z25 alive for the hunter to shoot them turns it in a -2 for town and -1 for scum, which is optimal

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hitting the second scum guarantees our win, so that clearly
I really feel like a potato.

I like how everyone said they were scum reading Ran and literally nobody even voted there
You were doing that too, I believe.

I'd like an essay on why I'm scum please
I don’t know what Kary was finding you scummy for, but a lot of people didn’t like that you gave a treatise on Exlights meta that practically cleared him, and then voted for him.

That was quite a big flag.

I don't see the point like Z25 knows he's outted, he's not going to spew
at best he tries to cc Xivii, not killing him today yields no benefits
Bold play, but why wait for my read?
That timing though

Wiisp

Smash Lord
noone will believe him if he counterclaims Xivii

the hunter shooting a town is a -3 for town; keeping Z25 alive for the hunter to shoot them turns it in a -2 for town and -1 for scum, which is optimal
hes got two options here if he is a wolf
cc Xivii, or push the FPS narrative

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
You were doing that too, I believe.
Yes, that was an ironic statement

I probably wouldnt have voted him since I planned to glance at that scum game he linked first but if its as drastic as Xiv says I likely would not have went for it
don’t know what Kary was finding you scummy for, but a lot of people didn’t like that you gave a treatise on Exlights meta that practically cleared him, and then voted for him.

That was quite a big flag.
A: I was asking Ex not you

B: The meta I gave in no way clears him, he's very middle of the road this game meta wise

C: I voted him because I wanted him to talk to me and take me seriously, as previously stated

Y'all weird here thinking every vote is meant to be a declaration of war

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like honesty I could argue for myself, but it would literally be pointless. I know when I’m beat.

GGs to all, and touché Xiivi Xiivi i figured you’d probably cop check me as there’s always scum reads on me day one lol.

Vote: z25

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Like honesty I could argue for myself, but it would literally be pointless. I know when I’m beat.

GGs to all, and touché Xiivi Xiivi i figured you’d probably cop check me as there’s always scum reads on me day one lol.

Next time think before putting another FE character in Smash k

Wiisp

Smash Lord
and like he's dead for us anyway lmao
leave him in case **** backfires later on
back fires? like we lynched a lone wolf, and now we are lynching a wolf
1 wolf, against a town clear, and a bomb
if we lose after that, its on us

ExLight

Smash Lord

lol who the **** did you ping

ExLight

Smash Lord
back fires? like we lynched a lone wolf, and now we are lynching a wolf
1 wolf, against a town clear, and a bomb
if we lose after that, its on us
yea, but I'm fine with minimizing the chances of town losing mkay thanks

let's just try to find the next wolf in the meanwhile tho smh

Wiisp

Smash Lord
same. I had totally forgotten about him when I was trying to do reads. Astounded that xivii nailed him.
its honestly astounding, he really was not wolfy at all
and associations pointed to him not being a wolf
we sat on him all of day 1, and the ****ing lone wolf just plants his vote on him to distance, while the other wolf was doing what?
meh

Wiisp

Smash Lord
bussing is such a boring strategy, I really hope the other wolf was not also on Z25
that would make me sad

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hard cops are no fun, rip Z25 Z25
think without it, you looked pretty good
I was definitely trying but I figured after my wagon I was in line for a cop check.
same. I had totally forgotten about him when I was trying to do reads. Astounded that xivii nailed him.
It was probably because of early day one, but thanks.
lol who the **** did you ping
Lmao, we really have a admin with almost the same name.

sorry I meant Xivii Xivii

Wiisp

Smash Lord
osieorb18 osieorb18
maybe Tom is right, maybe I just want certain people to be wolves, because I want mafia to be more fun
I wish there were more powerwolfers :(

ExLight

Smash Lord
[IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/429/429188.jpg?1581170403[/IMG] Mamboo07 , I've decided to ask you something different instead. Consider this a random question phase.

With the your knowledge thus far:

1) What aspect of mafia do you consider to be your strongest?
2) What aspect do you believe you can improve the most with?
3) If you could learn the alignment of one player, who would it be and why?
Why are you asking such random and hypothetical questions? And you’ve put some focus on mambo why? These questions don’t do anything and really don’t relate to the current game
My vote was during the random voting stage, and I'm town.

I wanted to know exactly what you agreed with, so I could get a feel for what you're thinking.

I don't have a problem with it. While I wouldn't recommend it myself, I think I understand Osie's reads just fine. I'm just curious why you're lingering on it.
  1. Because I can.
  2. Because I'm want to help Mamboo integrate themselves into the game, as their perspective is valuable and I wanted to see where they could contribute the most effectively.
  3. Q3 is directly related to the game.
Even if it was in the RVS stage, you gave what could have been a more legislate reason for the vote, which is interesting to note.

as for agreement their earlier points on XI are fair critiques, I agree with the way they are making these observations based on Xi content but I don’t think it means he’s scum just yet. As for me lingering on it, eh I wouldn’t say I am. I am just answering your responses, but I’m game to talk over any other thoughts you have.

As for your bullet points.

Im aware of what concept you are going with and it would be something that makes sense if it wasn’t for the fact that your speaking to someone who had no idea or experience with mafia beforehand. That makes your first two points kinda of pointless for lack of a better word as there isn’t going to be much to gain from those points. The third one is related actually so my bad there. I had misinterpreted it when reading.
From Z25's answers to this message it's clear that mafia didn't notice Poy was the Sorcerer at this point, which is kinda funny.
Here we have a 3-way interaction between Z25, Mambo, and Poyzin which is interesting. I don't think Mambo is part of a scumteam with them based on this, though, seems more like an attempt to pocket Mambo while pushing Poy.
Will look a bit more into that, but eh? maaaybe?

See this is a lot more substance. So thank you, I hope that you can post more walls like this
Lol, Osie called him scum and he just "aight, cool stuff"ed. Maybe Z25 thought they were the Sorcerer?
I wonder if we can extract more stuff from that readslist, if they thought Osie was the sorcerer there must be more to it then it meets the eye.

Unlike osie though, Lore’s frustration seems genuine and I don’t think it’s inherently scummy. Probably town. Z25’s the move in my opinion.

Vote: Z25

Z25 I still don’t think I truly know what you’re thinking about the game. How do you feel about Raxxel in #306 ? How do you feel about Raxxel in general?

This question expands to everybody, but I still want to get a feel of where 25’s head is at.
Catching up ( was away because of super bowl),

I don't really commit to strong town or scum reads day one because of how it early it is.

However with Rax's post, I see where they are coming. They haven't played too many games here though so I think its a little early to go and say that funnier is playing to just scrape by like a player in a previous game.

Other then that, they've contributed strong content and I'd be surprised if they weren't town. The only other read I have right now is you. You've been pretty productive and I didn't agree with the early comments of you being agressive, you seem pretty geunie in scum hunting this game and I like how you'd be getting people to interact more.

Other then that I'm 50/50 on other players, but there's a few I'm leaning town. Gotta catch up fully then see what I think of the game.
Here Poy votes Z25, prolly to call his attention. He mentions Raxx quite a bit.
So this one is really interesting to me, especially since he mentioned Raxx as one of their N0 checks, and I strongly feel like he shoved a scumbud there.

Later Z25 votes Lore, which is kinda funny. I feel like they thought Osie was the sorcerer and were trying to convey that they understood their message by showing that they intended to vote on Lore too.

BRBL, gotta do something
someone remind me that I stopped at Z's big ass readslist later

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ranmaru ranmaru
don't really get why I am town by association now, how is an association the only thing you can use to call me town...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Z you did really well! You were off most people's radar and all of your posts had a solid foundation.

It goes without saying, but no one hammer yet please, I still want to make use of the day when I get the chance.

ExLight

Smash Lord
rereading the thread

Ranmaru had Z25 in scum and UP in town at the beginning; then it shifted hard to Z25 in Town and UP in the bottom scum outta nowhere
Then Z25 dropped back to bottom scum again, but he still pursued UP's lynch

I feel like it's safe to assume scum didn't know UP was the sorcerer and expected a mislynch, so this list is really eh
I had already noticed him flipflopping a lot with his opinion on me, but seems like he did the same with Z25 and, early in the game, with UP, which is kinda eyecatching
Does anyone if that's his usual playstyle or if he usually tunnels and stick with something?

ExLight

Smash Lord
He did focus on Z25 being on the bottom of his list for most of the D1 time tho, and I don't think they'd go for a distancing strategy on D1, especially with the cop alive, so I guess that makes me feel a bit better about him?

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I'm back to isoing Z25's posts, it's changing a lot my reads, wait a bit
but sup
gimme yours in the meanwhile
I’m waiting for Rax and Kary to link me some games but they’re my poe along with you atm

ExLight

Smash Lord
Z25 Z25 , I'm rereading your posts and you seem to be givin Poy a really strong town read
Were you going to kill him that night lmfao

Utopian
Ran( more of a town lean, need to better my read here)
Rax

Null:
Kary

More then likely Scum:
Lore
Funnier
Mkay, so I don't think he'd put scum in the super bottom of the list on D1 since if the town or the cop agreed that could result in an unnecessary lynch/expose their buds but who knows
Makes me tunnel a bit more in the Rax/Kary/Ran PoE a bit more
At this point I really doubt the Lore slot is scum because he was desperate to lynch there to save himself (and I was never scumreading that slot so it's not really my priority ayy)

Yeah that isn’t great behavior. Seems like they want to seem on the townie wagon but not switching after that to much more likely targets makes no sense at all. Not a good look for their slot currently. I’m definitely going to read what we have from them again and see how I feel there.
That and Xi’s last few posts are very strange compared to their other content. Xi has been a scum lean for me though and that hasn’t changed.
Poking Kary, hmm

Group 1
Z25 - Wiisp

like it or not you two are linked.
I didn't think either of you is scum.

z25 read exactly like he always has.
So did Lore, for that matter.
Wiisp is fine. He's been active and present.
I do find it interesting that he's on me as almost a policy/self preservation vote, when z25 and osie seem to be very against that.
What kind of link are we talking about here and do you still believe in it after the Z25 flip

ExLight

Smash Lord
Alright here's an updated reads list:
Town:
ran: I've said it before, but they've been a strong slot throughout the whole game so far. Actively questioning things, as well as making sure they are constantly responded to different posts. Posts like 1828 show a strong conviction from them that feels like a townie trying to solve things by questioning behavior. It may come off a little harsh, but that doesn't mean it can't be seen as a townie play by someone with a strong read in their opinion.

pythag: Pretty self explanatory given the events so far.
xi: same as above.
Town Lean:
wisp: Didn't know what to think of the slot at first, but they are actively participating and I get a feel from posts like that they are trying to scum hunt. There's some points to consider against them( stuff like ran's posts towards them), but I don't see their content as too scummy yet. This will probably be a stronger read one way by the end of this phase.

Kary: They've been contributing pretty well to the thread. I've gotta see more and ask them thoughts when the opportunity arises. I like stuff like their posts towards funnier, as its among the lines of thinking I have toward that slot currently. They seem to be actively scum hunting and pointing out issues they have with content. Gives me a good feeling on their slot.

Null:
rax: Their post gave good town vibes early on, especially things like their early read lists. However they' haven't contributed as largely since, so I really want to hear more from them. Their posts can be good when here, but there needs to be more activity. They are new to mafia, so I don't have enough interactions to strongly place their slot on either side based on this behavior currently however.

Scum lean:
Ex: I like some of the interactions here, but the back and forth with funnier and them leads to believe one of them is using their former experiences together to try and get by as town here in a new forum. However I think Ex is less likely between the two based on the sheer contrast in overall content between the two. Still, its possible its the opposite, so I feel this read belongs here for now. A funnier flip would make me re evaluate this slot more. Right now though it can go either way in terms of alignment.

Scum:
Funnier: Their content has been all over the place. With a lot of focus on the past not the present. While re reading a game is always helpful, constantly doing so when new information is posted just doesn't work. It makes it feel like they are just trying to seem active, but want to avoid the current topics for the most part. On top of constantly bringing Ex into stuff. And there's stuff like this:

Does a reads list. Says literally nothing on ex but we need to talk. Votes ex.

next post from funnier. Goes "So how do you view these people" in response to Ex asking talk about what.

Like what even is that interaction? You'd vote without any reason then carry on like it meant nothing and you want that person's opinion on your reads and vote on them because of that. This is just extremely odd behavior. Then in 1739 they say they just wanted to talk in general about things. So why would you even vote there when you could tag someone and ask, especially given their history with EX. This just baffles me and I don't see how a town plays like this. Its clear they aren't too into the game at times, making their plays comes off as anti town imo.

That's where my head is at right now. Most scummy to me is funnier, then maybe ex, and after that I'm not sure. I would look over my other reads before forming new opinions on the game at hand if the scummier ones on my reads list were town.
idk how to interpret this one ngl
I feel like the optimal D2 play for scum without sorcerer would be to distance HARD to try getting townpants after the one of them flip but it's pretty much the same as the D1 read but with Kary and Rax swapped, which has me scratching my head tbf

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I would like to start a movement to get town pants renamed to town jeans so that I will actually want to wear them

Top Bottom