• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rules:
  • This is an 11 player Open game. Role PMs are below.
  • All standard Mafia rules apply, except where noted.
  • Mod decisions are final.
  • Don't be a duck.
  • Day phases will be 5 IRL days, Night phases will be 2 IRL days.
  • Lynches will happen whenever a player reaches a majority of living players' votes.
    • If this does not happen before the deadline, whoever has the most votes will be lynched.
    • If multiple people have the same number of votes, whoever has been at that number of votes or greater the longest will be lynched.
    • Deus Ex Machina Rule: If all living Town players are voting for the same target at deadline, they'll be lynched regardless.
  • Any player who hasn't posted within the last 48 hours of the Day will be considered "inactive" and prodded. I reserve the right to replace any inactive player with at least 3 prods.
  • Any player with a N0 action that does not submit it by the start of D1 will have their target chosen at random. Missed actions on any other Night will result in no action.
Roles:

2 Werewolves
1 Sorcerer
1 Seer

1 Hunter
1 Martyr
5 Vanilla Town

Role PMs:
Welcome to Sorcerer's 11, ________ and _______! You are a each a Werewolf!

You may communicate in this PM at any time, if you are alive.
Starting N1, each Night, you may collectively choose one target to nightkill.
You have an ally in the Sorcerer, whose identity is unknown to you. They know who you are, however. Try not to nightkill them!

You win if there are as many living Werewolves as Town, or nothing can prevent this.

Welcome to Sorcerer's 11, ________! You are a Sorcerer!

Your werewolf allies are ________ and _______.
Note that you are a human loyalist, and not a Werewolf. They do not know who you are, and you may not communicate with them privately. Being human also means that the Seer will identify you as Not Wolf, but if your werewolf buddies both die, you will lose.

N0, send me the names of two players, besides your Werewolves and yourself. Your result will be the name of one of those players who is NOT the Seer, chosen at random.

N1 and onwards, each Night, please send me the name of a player. Your result will be "Seer", if they are the Seer, and "Not Seer" otherwise.

You win if there are as many living Werewolves as Town, or nothing can prevent this.

Welcome to Sorcerer's 11, ________! You are a Seer!

N0, send me the names of three players, besides yourself. Your result will be the name of one of those players who is NOT a Werewolf, chosen at random.

N1 and onwards, each Night, please send me the name of a player. Your result will be "Werewolf", if they are a Werewolf, and "Not Werewolf" otherwise. The Sorcerer, while evil, is not technically a Werewolf and will return as "Not Werewolf".

You win if all of the Werewolves are dead.

Welcome to Sorcerer's 11, ________! You are a Hunter!

You have a mandatory vengeful kill, which will happen in the event of your demise.

N0, send me the name of another player to target for your vengeful kill. You may change your vengeful target to any player besides yourself, and at any time up until you die. If you do not have a living vengeful target, you'll instead kill your most recent living target. If none of your previous targets are alive, you'll kill someone at random.

You count as TWO townspeople for determining if the game has ended. If you are left in a 1-vs-1 endgame with a Werewolf, you'll kill them, resulting in a Town win!

Welcome to Sorcerer's 11, ________! You are a Martyr!

N1 and onwards, you may select a target to protect from kills. If they would die that Night, you will die in their place instead.

Welcome to Sorcerer's 11, ________! You are a Vanilla Town!

You never were good at anything. You still aren't! Hopefully you're better at killing werewolves.

Last edited:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
We needed another one of these, I'm fond of this set-up (it is a favorite elsewhere). and it's easy to fill since it's an Open that only needs 11 players, so....

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I want to join this.
Just wondering what this is about? (Also my first time here.)
one of us
One of us

ONE OF US!

Welcome to DGames! You just walked into a Mafia sign-up, a game that will consume your life take dedication for the couple weeks after it starts, granted you survive. The theme of this game is Sorcerer's 11, as stated in the OP. Once the signups are complete, there will be 11 players here, and each of them will be randomly assigned one of the roles listed above. From there, the game of mafia begins. Bluntly, the goal of the werewolves is to kill all of the townspeople, and the goal of the townspeople is to correctly deduce the identities of the werewolves and lynch them from the group, over the course of several Day phases and Night phases. Hopefully you do decide to join, as they are a blast to participate in. This wikipage outlines the game more broadly in the case that Doop hasn't ninja'ed my post yet.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want to join this.
Just wondering what this is about? (Also my first time here.)
Welcome! We all play a forum game here that's usually known as Mafia or Werewolf. This link has a quick guide on it, and I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

This game is fairly simple as far as mafia goes, but is special for a few reasons:
1) It's an Open! This means that all the roles are known in advance, so everyone knows exactly what's going to be in play. This tends to make it easier to get into, since there aren't any surprises.
2) There's a role called the Sorcerer. The Sorc is evil, and wins if the werewolves do, but isn't one himself, so he has to make sure one of them survives to win. Usually, team evil doesn't care who on their team survives to the end, as long as they can trick town into keeping one of them alive.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Welcome! We all play a forum game here that's usually known as Mafia or Werewolf. This link has a quick guide on it, and I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

This game is fairly simple as far as mafia goes, but is special for a few reasons:
1) It's an Open! This means that all the roles are known in advance, so everyone knows exactly what's going to be in play. This tends to make it easier to get into, since there aren't any surprises.
2) There's a role called the Sorcerer. The Sorc is evil, and wins if the werewolves do, but isn't one himself, so he has to make sure one of them survives to win. Usually, team evil doesn't care who on their team survives to the end, as long as they can trick town into keeping one of them alive.
Thanks for asking me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When playing this game, I will get confused about this sometimes.
That’s only natural it can be tricky to learn. But you can get great experience in just playing and seeing what it’s like. Plus the guides here are pretty useful.

anyway.

pretty good setup,
6F06979C-58BB-4728-B92F-13C4549D9AB2.jpeg

(I wanted a excuse to use this lol.)

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa will be cohosting/backing me up. I should have the bandwidth to do this myself, but always better to have a copilot just in case, and to be more responsive to questions, VCs, etc.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll /in on this. I've gotta make up for the garbage performance I've had.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'll join, sounds fun!

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
nice, so it will start right right right
No, I'm just gonna cancel the game now.

jkjk, here is how it's gonna go down - I'll send out roles in a bit today and ask people to confirm, and once we have 9+ confirmations we'll start D1.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Role PMs are OUT! I will be keeping track of confirmations in the Players post so that you can all make fun of the late ones and get hype as we get close to 9.

Top Bottom