• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Are there any chances Sonic gets cut or is not in SSB4? I would be majorly dissappointed if that happened (possibly enough to not get the game. I really don't have interest in Wii U).

yani

Smash Lord
It is possible that he can get cut since he is a third party. Hopefully he makes an encore appearence though :p

:phone:

volbound1700

Smash Master
He is the most popular third party. That still gives him a chance. Plus it would upset a lot of fans if he was cut.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
For Sonic, Sonic will be another Double character (If you've seen my Link & Mario posts in Smash Veterans), He will be Classic Sonic & Modern Sonic from Sonic Generations,

Classic Sonic will feature Sonic in his original glory with Tails the fox, tailing behind him (pun intended) as he did in the old classic sonic game & as in those games & similar to the Ice Climbers if tails dies, it doesn’t count as a death, they do fight as a duo with Tails being able to pick Sonic up & float across the screen.

Modern Sonic will be able to transform into the Werehog from that game….don’t think I need to mention it…He will transform like Zelda/Sheik does. Modern Sonic won't have Tails with him.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, and we'll be getting this guy too, since I can see the future just like you.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
[COLLAPSE="This needs to be a Sonic alternate costume..."]
[/COLLAPSE]
Are there any chances Sonic gets cut or is not in SSB4? I would be majorly dissappointed if that happened (possibly enough to not get the game. I really don't have interest in Wii U).
Sonic is staying, because he's Sonic, he's fast (and nobody likes slow things; specifically Brawl's slow speed), and because the Sonic & Mario series sells copies by the millions.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I'm might just be crazy here but am I the only one who thinks sonic should use some of his wisp power from the sonic colors games it could be an alternate final smash but then again the wisps could just be items

PS today's my birthday :)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So correct me if i'm wrong, since I don't play any sonic games, but weren't those wisps like a one time thing? I don't think they're gonna incorporate any one-shot wonders into his moveset. Kinda like the whole werehog thing. I just don't see it happening, mate. =w=

Oh~ And happy birthday, guy~!

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm might just be crazy here but am I the only one who thinks sonic should use some of his wisp power from the sonic colors games it could be an alternate final smash but then again the wisps could just be items

PS today's my birthday :)
I think Super Sonic will still be his final smash. The only other thing I could see is maybe Hyper Sonic, but I doubt it.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
I think Eggman could have a good moveset, give him egg walker from sonic adventure 2 and combine different boss forms with it like drill car standard B fires a laser like in the metropolis zone boss fight, i'd imagine Eggman working a bit like ROB with his hovers and the way egg mobile flies, honestly ROB is a bit similair to what i'd have in mind for DR eggman tbh, so i think it'd be a pretty fun style

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Granted that I'm gonna use characters as an example Sunny, saying that Wisps might not be included because they're one shot wonders completely disregards the fact that Ice Climbers are in this game.

I'd say Pit too, but he had a Gameboy sequel to Kid Icarus. :applejack:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Alot of the retro characters are one shot wonders. I'd say rob too. What I mean though is sonic doesn't have to rely on pulling a gimmick from one of his games to make a decent moveset. He has alot more iconic moves that represent the character better. Know what I mean~? Its kinda like how they gave mario fludd, and now its like, totally irrelevant.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I attacked your claim that adding an old character is equivalent to adding a certain move to a character. Especially a character with alot more stuff to use to represent him thats actually relevant. Let me clarify a bit more.

A character thats a one shot wonder, and giving an iconic character a one shot wonder move are too totally different beast. Brawl is made to represent nintendos history, while an individual character is meant to represent...well. That character.

Retro characters get in because they played a big roll in nintendo history. If sonic gets in, do you really think Wisp played a big roll to sonic as a character~?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I suppose.
I just don't want another FLUDD on our hands. Things that our specific to one game alone become irrelevant pretty quickly. Could be near irrilevant by the time this game even comes out.

Then again.

I'm a man that still wants lucario to get in whos a whole gen behind already.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic Colors Wii, Sonic Colors DS, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Generations 3DS.
Same names, totally different games. :applejack:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I liked Sonic's playstyle. His flavor was captured yet not fully utilized. There was still a blandness that revolved around half his moves looking the same. IF he returns, I demand his side and down B moves to be much different.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I demand for them to stay the same. I agree with Sakurai's idea to keep Sonic's moveset ideal to the type of gameplay that made the old Sonic games so great. Simple and powerful in utility. :applejack:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You can keep the option of charging in the spin. That would basically combine both. One move can have various uses instead of splitting the move into two nearly identical ones. This will open up a special move slot.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd hope so. Not being able to charge a spin CHARGE would probably destroy half of Sonic's meta. :applejack:

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
I love Sonic. But I really feel they gipped him in Brawl. His only redeeming quality was the Final Smash that isn't tournament/competitive play-friendly. Many of his moves are crap-laggy. I mean, when DDD has tilts that top anything Sonic has in not just power and priority, but SPEED as well? Come on. That is ridiculousness. Please bring Sonic back and fix him. Also, change that stupid punch of a side smash to a side kick that isn't crap-laggy. XD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I love Sonic. But I really feel they gipped him in Brawl. His only redeeming quality was the Final Smash that isn't tournament/competitive play-friendly. Many of his moves are crap-laggy. I mean, when DDD has tilts that top anything Sonic has in not just power and priority, but SPEED as well? Come on. That is ridiculousness. Please bring Sonic back and fix him. Also, change that stupid punch of a side smash to a side kick that isn't crap-laggy. XD
Well you can't expect Sonic to be uber at everything. He's not a pure powerhouse after all.

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
Absolutely, but that doesn't explain why he doesn't have speed behind most of his attacks, either.

D

Deleted member

Because Sonic's super speed is in his running, not in his movements.

BSP

Smash Legend
His legs move fast when he's running fast, don't they? Yet Bair is still slow as ****.

Spindash also begins charging the instant you push the input for it in games, so there's no reason for his Dsmash to have the slow curling animation either.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Speed versus Power. You can argue for his back air and his down Smash, Sonic is using his body like a coiled spring for an attack with more power, yet less speed.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll bring up MK Dsmash too. It comes out on Frame 5 and it's about as strong asSonic's Fsmash IIRC.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah, I find it kind of backwards when someone like Metaknight has smash attacks faster than most character's tilts but Sonic doesn't, especially when it comes to his legs.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I felt like his spin dash move was awkward, it wasn't the same as the classics (trust me I play the classics all the time and have beaten all four of the Genesis classics). I felt it was too weak. The Spin Dash should be as powerful as Yoshi's egg roll at least. No attack should be able to stop it and he shouldn't be breaking down into other moves. I also felt his attacks could have a little more kick to them (if they get too powerful, Sonic could become broken like Metaknight).

Final Smash should be kept.

As for another Sonic Character, IMO only Robotnik and Tails have a major chance. Shadow and Knuckles have minor chances. Shadows should just be a skin swap IMO.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd prefer Shadow as a character over a skin swap. He has too much potential to be bottled up like that.
Most of the Sonic cast does. :applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom