• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
In all honesty I hate Project Melee Sonic. I hope it doesn't end up too much like that. And his Homing attack in that game had super bad lag if I remembered correctly. Unless that was old version of Project Melee.
Mind telling us why? I'd sure like to know.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Mind telling us why? I'd sure like to know.
I don't know how to put it really. Like he was made good and it seemed obvious that they took some of his moves from Sonic Battle. Or at least the feel of Sonic. But I never liked Battle a lot. And I actually prefered Sonic the Fighters over that and almost all of Sonic's moves in brawl were taken from Sonic the Fighters. Which Brawl Sonic gave off more of a Sonic feel.

Yeah, he does a pose after HA in P:M that adds some lag
And maybe the lag was also the Melee lag between doing moves. But also if you miss with homing attack doesn't it give you a but load of lag? Especially when hitting the ground? And also some of the lag I might be thinking of might just be the game mechanic too. Cause I could never get use to Melee and even now it feels like a laggy game sometimes to me. And remember I say "To Me" so don't attack me for saying it is laggy. lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'd honestly replace the Homing Attack with the Ring Attack Sonic has in Sonic Battle, complete with the option to not actually have to follow through with the attack, similar to the Spin Dashes. The Ring would do no damage by itself to compensate, or, at the very most, cause damage without hitstun like Fox's Lasers

But fat chance of that happening, so just give Sonic the option to cancel Homing Attack with an airdodge, or the ability the hold the charge up phase longer by holding the B button, and I'd be fine with it.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Tails would still get priority

Why no shadow? He was pretty iconic and made it as an assist in Brawl. I would love to see Shadow because he's got Sonic speed, but he's chaos powers would make him a totally different character.
I like Shadow n all but Im afriad he'll be a clone. Thats really my only problem with him. Atleast when you add Tails you add another flying character with MetaKnight and Pit. With Eggman you add another major antagonist(like Bowser Status). If he's possibly in some sort of mech he would be a heavy weight like Gannon and Bowser.

Sure Shadow could have a some what unique moveset with the chaos emerald but I still not sure how much of a different move set he would have....

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm sure it'd be different enough to where he wouldn't feel like a clone.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yea he would have chaos spears and guns and would skate and then spin dash you... oops. lol. And then he could be an antagonist cause he would be all like "No Sonic, your doing this wrong. Get out of my way, this is my mission. I don't need your help. This guy tells me your the bad guy and I am the real hedgehog and your the faker." cause he gets his mind wiped and etc. lol

Though tails flying would be kinda weird cause I don't feel like it would work the same way. Cause he feels like he wouldn't get multiple jumps like pit and meta but just an Up B that works like Pit.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm hoping Sonic will be a lot different. I hated him in Brawl, but if they change him a lot for Smash 4 then I may actually use him this time around.

:059:
Except as far as the character goes, and the concept that created such a character, it was absolutely perfect.

The original Sonic the Hedgehog game used only one button. I think its simple yet exhilarating play was its virtue.

And given that this game’s controls are also simple, I think it personifies his distinct characteristics.
Sonic in Brawl is absolutely fine as far as his specials and their designs are concerned. His problem was just that he had too much cool down on a lot of his moves. Give him that, and perhaps a bit more power behind some of his moves, and he'd be perfect.

:applejack:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Get rid of Side B as Spin dash, make it the light speed dash or something.

Aerial Down B should be the bounce attack. It makes more sense following sonic game phyiscs.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Those changes sound completely awful.
I love Sonic the way he is. The only move I'd even consider changing is neutral B. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
Dair spike would be nice though

You don't want less startup on KO moves?

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm talking about special moves as far as that's considered. I assumed we were still on the subject of them in particular. :applejack:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I could see Down Air being changed to the Bounce Attack as used in Sonic Advance 2. Small but noticeable startup, instant horizontal momentum stopper, a vertical drop, and a rebound once Sonic hits either the floor or something else. Just make it end at some point if it doesn't connect with anything and it's good.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Agree, Sonic needs a spike move.

I always wanted the wild spring that he drops after performing an UP+B, to launch the opponent it connects with in whatever direction the spring was facing. XD

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Those changes sound completely awful.
I love Sonic the way he is. The only move I'd even consider changing is neutral B. :applejack:
Opinions my brother. I just don't like how bland the special set is, however the current one does flow well. From a competitive standpoint.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well i don't really have an issue with sonic's specials set, but i do prefer him not having 2 spin dashes. i know for brawl it works well but for the next installment who knows how well that would work. I feel if he were to get light dash, boost or the Bounce attack as a special it would give him some new options.

The light dash/ boost would work like fox/falco's side B except no free fall if used in the air and it would replace side-b and he would have Spin charge.

the bounce attack would replace our down-b and he'd retain spin dash and the move would work kinda like GnW's Dair as in you could control it's downward trajectory and it could spike if connected with at the beginning when used in the air.

aside from those changes a slight buff in KO power to specific moves and some better frames for when moves come out and end would help him significantly. Dsmash i particular should end sooner imo. The also should remove our grab release gimp as in melee if you got grabbed you would regain your up-b why did they have to take that out :S.

volbound1700

Smash Master
This isn't character related but I would love to see a Wing Fortress Stage plus the Music from Sonic 2. Epic stage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
God yes. Wing Fortress or Flying Battery would be amazing.
Death Egg Zone. Final Fortress.

genfejl :applejack:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
lol what about fox, falco, and wolf. And the ray gun. Super scope.
None of the guns in Smash are of Shadow The Hedgehog level and you know it. Get out of here with that.

I have no problems with guns but jesus if you want to rep Shadow can at least rep a good game he is in?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i doubt shadow would have a gun. and if anything his special would be
-Homing attack with longer charge up time but more accurate and stronger
-Chaos spear side-b chargeable projectile
-Chaos Control kinda like mewtwo's up-b from melee
-and Spin dash/Spin charge for down-b would be stronger than sonic's but would end sooner.

And his final smash would be he turns into super shadow and uses Chaos blast. His other attacks would probably be picked up or based around his moves from sonic battle.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
i doubt shadow would have a gun. and if anything his special would be
-Homing attack with longer charge up time but more accurate and stronger
-Chaos spear side-b chargeable projectile
-Chaos Control kinda like mewtwo's up-b from melee
-and Spin dash/Spin charge for down-b would be stronger than sonic's but would end sooner.

And his final smash would be he turns into super shadow and uses Chaos blast. His other attacks would probably be picked up or based around his moves from sonic battle.
This is what I would expect but I don't want to bog this place down with Shadow seeing how it's the Sonic thread.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Only stage I can see coming in for now is Tropical Resort, thanks to Colors being the last Wii main Sonic title, and to Generations 3DS including the stage.

If it's included in the upcoming SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed game for the Wii U, that only solidifies its place as a hallmark stage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If we're talking about post-modern Sonic stages being in the next game, then why haven't we said Rooftop Run?
Tropical Resort would be an awesome addition. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Why would we use that when they could technically use City Escape now because of Generations lol. But doubt they would but they definitely need to add those new city escape songs into the game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I was glad that the Classic City Escape theme was so good, but then again, it doesn't take much to surpass the original in quality.

BSP

Smash Legend
Whatever stage sonic gets this go around, I just hope it's competitively sound so all the music doesn't go to waste.

I like the modern city escape theme more than the classic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like the classic better only because it uses the demo City Escape theme. I love that one the most. :applejack:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If I had to pick I would choose the classic version

I think a Death Egg themed stage would be pretty awesome.

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd love to see a Sonic CD stage now, where Time Posts are scattered throughout the stage, and you can change said stage to Past, Present, and Future, and you could actually turn it into a GOOD future or BAD future depending on what you do in the PAST version. XD

Stardust Speedway
or Palmtree Panic

Would love to see these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom