• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I could see the Death Egg MK. II being a stage, especially if Sonic 4 Episode 3 comes out and Sonic and Tails go back to it. It serves as a conglomeration of Sonic 2, 3, and CD, as its another Death Egg that's covering Little Planet this time around, so it's a callback to a majority of the Classic era games.

That stage, and Tropical Resort for the Modern era. That's all I need.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know why Sonic has two specials that are way too alike. I'd keep hold of Spin Dash, but get rid of Spin Charge. For a down special replacement, there is that Bounce Bracelet ability from Sonic Adventure 2.

BSP

Smash Legend
Each spindash has its own niche, so they're both pretty useful, but if one of them had to go, I'd pick spindash. Charge has more uses in general and ASC is too good to just give up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd rather get rid of spin dash too if I had to choose. Spin Charge is just so damn good.
Bounce bracelet sounds kinda weak though. I'd prefer the Light Dash from Sonic Battle. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Spin Dash is probably the harder spin to utilize in an actual game. Abusing the invincibility on the start up frames, and conditioning people with the shield cancels is extremely difficult at top level play. :applejack:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Spin Dash is probably the harder spin to utilize in an actual game. Abusing the invincibility on the start up frames, and conditioning people with the shield cancels is extremely difficult at top level play. :applejack:
Odd, because it always seems like it's easier to execute the Spin Dash than the Spin Charge.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Once Sonic grabs a Star, the Sonic 2 Invincibility theme plays.

Should totally happen.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Overrated. And with the Sonic 1/2 Invincibility song getting remixed in Generations, it's shown staying power.

Needs Sonic 3D Blast Invincibility theme anyway though.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic 3D Blast had some good music.

I'd stick with Sonic 1/2 theme over that one though.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am going to lean toward Sonic not returning. Instead maybe Pac Man and Megaman as guest characters.

If Sonic does return, how about making sure that half his moves are not turning into a ball. Two nearly identical specials just seems embarrassing.

BSP

Smash Legend
You're not the only one. He made a top 20 most wanted characters poll in Japan iirc.

:phone:

Haxeye

Smash Cadet
I want him to return as well though he definitely needs his specials reworked along with some buffs.

BSP

Smash Legend
Not all of them imo. Homing Attack and maybe Spin dash can go, but the other two are fine, except that the hitbox for the SDR Jump should come out immediately instead of .... I believe it was frame 6 or 8, something like that.

yani

Smash Lord
The Homing Attack just needs to be accurate and it would probably be fine. Lots of people seem to like the idea of getting his Boost Dash for side B, or Bounce Bracelet for down B

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Less cooldown/start up on attacks. Dair spike would be sweet. Good HA or new move, AND stronger knockback on fsmash, dsmash, bair, and nair.

Seriously, that's all we need. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
The Homing Attack just needs to be accurate and it would probably be fine. Lots of people seem to like the idea of getting his Boost Dash for side B, or Bounce Bracelet for down B
Accuracy would help, but I think less startup or less cooldown would help too. I'd lean towards less startup.

Less cooldown in general, dair spike, non-terrible HA.
Then we'd still have KO trouble with no improved startups.

Don't jump to conclusions so quickly. We don't know if 3rd party characters are even going to be considered yet.
I think he has a pretty good shot.

Agreeing with Espy on the additional power on those moves if they don't get a speed upgrade. For how slow they are, they need to hit much harder.

Life

Smash Hero
Sonic with the changes I described AND lower KO percents might be a little too powerful. And maybe it's just me, but difficulty in KOing is part of Sonic's flavor as a fighter.

Could make HA a KO move though, that would be cool.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I think Project:M got him down pretty well and then only thing I'd really do is change the 2 different spin dashes.

Maybe the light speed dash?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I can't really picture spin charge staying in over spin dash, seeing how spin dash was one of the things that Sonic was known for. As far as music goes, there's way too much good Sonic music to choose from that I can't begin to imagine what else would be added.

:059:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
With Hunnid-P, the composer of Knuckles's SA2 theme, announcing that he's involved in a new Sonic project and wil be making Knuckles music for it, the SA3 floodgates have been opened. If SA3 IS the predicted project, I guess we can expect SA3 moves, music, and stages to be incorporated in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

With Hunnid-P, the composer of Knuckles's SA2 theme, announcing that he's involved in a new Sonic project and wil be making Knuckles music for it, the SA3 floodgates have been opened. If SA3 IS the predicted project, I guess we can expect SA3 moves, music, and stages to be incorporated in Smash 4.
Then again, not much of his Sonic 06 abilities were used, and that was the latest game at the time.

Sakurai went with a "Classic Sonic" approach with his moves, with an added Homing Attack.

Also, maybe the project is a Knuckles game. :awesome:
After being shafted for so long, Knuckles comes in strong with his own title (other than Knuckles Chaotix, which is apparently "non-canon").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom