• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSP

Smash Legend
20 bucks says he'll be back

:sonic::sonic::sonic:

Really though, someone linked me to some poll that took place in Japan and Sonic made the top 20 most requested, so we'll probably be good.

So to start us off....I know we've all talked about this before, but what about changes we'd like to see?

Edit: Since I'm listening to it now, what song(s) from generations are coming? I'd be fine with the whole thing personally, but we know that's not happening.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If the Modern Sonic incarnation is here to stay for the series, I would like some Modern Sonic techniques to implemented in Sonic's moveset. The Boost, the Stomp, Trick Combos, and the like all are viable techniques to be used alongside the Spindash and some of Sonic's Sonic Battle and Fighters moveset.

For music, songs from Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, and onward are likely getting in. Colors is Sonic's main Wii title, so Tropical Resort, Planet Wisp, or Reach For The Stars is likely coming in, and then there's Splash Hill Zone and Sylvania Castle from the Sonic 4 side. For Generations, Modern Sky Sanctuary probably has the best shot, as part of the song has elements of the Sky Sanctuary theme used in the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games series.

BSP

Smash Legend
If the Modern Sonic incarnation is here to stay for the series, I would like some Modern Sonic techniques to implemented in Sonic's moveset. The Boost, the Stomp, Trick Combos, and the like all are viable techniques to be used alongside the Spindash and some of Sonic's Sonic Battle and Fighters moveset.
Sonic Flare for Dsmash, Sonic Up Draft for Usmash? I think they'd actually be fast >.>

Stomp could work, and it should spike. It should be fast unlike Brawl's Dair.

I'm curious as to how the Boost and tricks would work. Any ideas? Phantasm like for Boost?

For music, songs from Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, and onward are likely getting in. Colors is Sonic's main Wii title, so Tropical Resort, Planet Wisp, or Reach For The Stars is likely coming in, and then there's Splash Hill Zone and Sylvania Castle from the Sonic 4 side. For Generations, Modern Sky Sanctuary probably has the best shot, as part of the song has elements of the Sky Sanctuary theme used in the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games series.
If I had my pick from colors, it would be terminal velocity probably, but it's probably going to be main level music. So the ones you mentioned are shots.

Splash hill, yeah, but I'd prefer Mad Gear.

Sky Sanctuary sounds like a fine choice.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm curious as to how the Boost and tricks would work. Any ideas? Phantasm like for Boost?
JOE! made a moveset for Sonic a while back, and his descriptions for Boost and the Trick Combos were along the lines of what I was imagining could work. Just without the gauge for the Boost attack, it seems a bit too meticulous to implement. Just a quick "Here I come/Here I go!" move like the Phantasms, Egg Roll, and Rollout would work.

BSP

Smash Legend
JOE! made a moveset for Sonic a while back, and his descriptions for Boost and the Trick Combos were along the lines of what I was imagining could work. Just without the gauge for the Boost attack, it seems a bit too meticulous to implement. Just a quick "Here I come/Here I go!" move like the Phantasms, Egg Roll, and Rollout would work.
That moveset...is pretty interesting. I wouldn't be disappointed with something like that.

True Blue

Smash Lord
I hope more of Sonic's friends make it into this game. And personally they need to add in some more girl characters whether from Sonic's franchise or someone elses. Cause personally I would like to see Amy in Smash 4 and could make for comedic scenes in the story mode if they do one. As long as they don't make Sonic come in at the end again.

Moveset wise. I think it would be cool if homing attack could only be preformed out of spindash. Like, as your in spindash and you hit a direction with B, besides Up B since that would be Neutral B, and you would perform a quick homing attack in the direction that you inputed. Cause like many people say, it's not good to have a move that relies on the computer and not you. So this would keep homing attack as a move and making it more decent while making a better move for Neutral B.
I still dig the spring but maybe it could stay longer and be time oriented just like when it is planted on the stage.
Side B could be the Boost that everyone wants. And it could be chargable and shield canceled. And work like Luigi's and Pikachu's side B and not make you go helpless after using it.

These are just some thoughts. lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Tails and Eggman are the only characters besides Sonic himself that SEGA is really giving a **** about at the moment, so those two have a far and away greater chance of getting represented in some form.

Well, those two, and Metal Sonic, but could you imagine the backlash if a literal Sonic clone was made a playable character?

True Blue

Smash Lord
METAL SONIC WOULD BE AWESOME! And he wouldn't be a clone cause they would have to make his moves different since his metallic body does not move like sonics and would have stiff movements. Like ROB. So they would have to change up Metal Sonic.
And I wouldn't be surprised if Amy made it cause she was still in Generations and before that she was in Unleashed. Only one she wasn't in was Colors, out of the main stream non remake games.

BSP

Smash Legend
Tails though.

He's like Sonic's Luigi. The right hand man is usually the first to join after the main character.

True Blue

Smash Lord
OR! Even worse. Make him turn into the werehog instead. OR what it they made him have a transformation into the Werehog as two different characters. Lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Werehog's irrelevant to the series at this point. Best Unleashed reference he'd get is Endless Possibilities being a song for the series library.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say we just skip all this and make a pure Sonic Smash game.

Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Robotnick. The whole gang. It'd be sweet

True Blue

Smash Lord
FLUDD was irrelevant to mario in the series at the point when brawl was out lol. They could do something. Also a neat thing would be Trophy Wisps.

BSP

Smash Legend
Hmm, but which one? I'd go for the Frenzy, but Drill would be pretty sweet too.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Didn't the stomp originate in Unleashed? Maybe he'll get it.
And the Stomp has been around for Colors, Colors DS, and Generations, and was even a plot element in Generations 3DS. I was mainly referring to material exclusively from Unleashed.

FLUDD was irrelevant to mario in the series at the point when brawl was out lol.
Mario also only had New Super Mario Bros. in between Sunshine and his development in Brawl, whereas Sonic has had 6 different Sonic games between 2008 and now to further distill Unleashed's prominence.

True Blue

Smash Lord
ALL OF THEM!!! It could be random when it gets opened up.

They also need to put Perfect Chaos as a boss or something lol. Like how they did Boss Battles. And somehow to get Eggman, But I can't see him being in a fighting game lol. Just would be too hard.

Edit: How many mainstream games came out after Unleashed? Cause I thought it was only two. Which was Colors and Generations. Cause the storybook series were not really mainstream except for Secret Rings cause they make a reference to it.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Eggman would make a good boss. His attacks can be similar to that tank thing u fight in the Wilds.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Colors, Colors DS, Generations, Generations 3DS, Sonic 4 Episode 1, and Sonic 4 Episode 2. Colors DS carries on with a slightly different plot, and Generation 3DS has a different selection of stages and a slightly different plot progression, and they both have different gameplay styles than their console counterparts to consider them as mainstream games themselves, rather than as merely handheld versions of the same game.

True Blue

Smash Lord
The Sonic 4 stuff too me is just remakes which don't seem really mainstream. Though with the DS and the Console games the main thing they want to get across is the beginning and the ending result. The middle is kinda not needed as much for mainstreamyness, I can make up words I'm an artist lol. But just saying that it is not too far away to make any references to Unleashed, ESPECIALLY if they decided to use some Dark Gaia as a boss or something. lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Sonic 4 stuff too me is just remakes which don't seem really mainstream. Though with the DS and the Console games the main thing they want to get across is the beginning and the ending result. The middle is kinda not needed as much for mainstreamyness, I can make up words I'm an artist lol. But just saying that it is not too far away to make any references to Unleashed, ESPECIALLY if they decided to use some Dark Gaia as a boss or something. lol.
It'd not a remake, if anything it's more in the mainstream series having an official numerical title

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Could you see Eggman fighting in smash?

I can't really.
I'd love Eggman to fight while being in that mech from Sonic Adventure 2 battle. He would have to be Bowser size or a lil bit bigger. He'd be a great addition. Either him or Tails should make it in. NOOOO Shadow!

As for Sonic I'd like some of his moveset to change. i love his FS but I know they'll change it :(

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Project M's Sonic is like that Sonic we should see in Smash-games. Homing attack is Homing. And sucha combo machine with use of it's Spindash. They executed the whole idea even better than Sakurai intended with his staff.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
God no. Project M's Sonic is a trashy design.
Sakurai's incarnation is so much better.

As for Smash 4, hoping he runs faster. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
I'd love Eggman to fight while being in that mech from Sonic Adventure 2 battle. He would have to be Bowser size or a lil bit bigger. He'd be a great addition. Either him or Tails should make it in. NOOOO Shadow!

As for Sonic I'd like some of his moveset to change. i love his FS but I know they'll change it :(
Tails would still get priority

Why no shadow? He was pretty iconic and made it as an assist in Brawl. I would love to see Shadow because he's got Sonic speed, but he's chaos powers would make him a totally different character.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Project M made him good. That's the only reason people think they "got him down". :applejack:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Project M made him good. That's the only reason people think they "got him down". :applejack:
This, I didn't see too much homage to his gaming history.

Why no shadow? He was pretty iconic and made it as an assist in Brawl. I would love to see Shadow because he's got Sonic speed, but he's chaos powers would make him a totally different character.
Imo I think shadow would be the 2nd rep because of the AT rep he was given and his character popularity in the series.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Shadow were to be given focus in the next few Sonic games before Smash 4, I could see him being included. But for now, Tails, Eggman, and Metal Sonic are the most likely candidates for increasing rep for the Sonic series for simply being in the limelight thanks to Sonic 4.

True Blue

Smash Lord
In all honesty I hate Project Melee Sonic. I hope it doesn't end up too much like that. And his Homing attack in that game had super bad lag if I remembered correctly. Unless that was old version of Project Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom