• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-----Sonic Underground: New Tiny stinky teaser realeased!-----

infomon

Smash Scientist
Or we just let Napopilez do it cuz this whole thing is his idea and it's his editing skillz that'll be putting it together ;)

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Hehe I have plenty of suggestions already thanks alot everyone. Again its a community project, so I want all the input, but there comes a point where I have to put it all together and make my own inferences.

Ideas I'll be using so far:

The division of the video into acts
The loading animation will be that 3 colored border thingy from the games of old

The title is still tentative. I'm leaning towards Sonic Underground(hah, bias) and I'm Too Fast. Shoot. I like Blast Processing too. Ahh indecisive!

I think I will end up going with Sonic Underground though. Just because it fits the whole community thing better IMO. I think Blast processing and I'm too Fast are great names for another Sonic combo vid though! Perhaps a second project or individual player project =P

R4ZE

Smash Ace
for free, just for fun, just for you

nap, its a fantastic thing you are doing , i just wanna take a moment to appriciate you =)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nap, has dNES sent in any videos of me? I can't get online atm, but I sent him some interesting vids that I hope he sent you...

Also, hooray!! Three ideas were liked by the producer, and one got in!!

I feel so special :p

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Thanks alot R4ZE, it really is my pleasure to be doing this XD

although I wish I cud actually get to do some serious work on it :@

And no he hasn't yet, but thats because I haven't had anyone send me anything yet since my lappy's internet connection isnt working through ethernet, and I have no wifi in my dorm. Well actually it kinda sota works in linux, but its iffy. Anyways, I'm getting a router this weekend probably, so next week I should be getting down to serious business, and hopefully release a trailer a week or 2 thereafter.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thanks alot R4ZE, it really is my pleasure to be doing this XD

although I wish I cud actually get to do some serious work on it :@

And no he hasn't yet, but thats because I haven't had anyone send me anything yet since my lappy's internet connection isnt working through ethernet, and I have no wifi in my dorm. Well actually it kinda sota works in linux, but its iffy. Anyways, I'm getting a router this weekend probably, so next week I should be getting down to serious business, and hopefully release a trailer a week or 2 thereafter.
Sounds good.

I'm gonna go pester dNES about sending my vids when the times comes then. I wish I could send them myself, but I'm useless since I gots me no wifi connection.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I have quite a bit for the bloopers section. I should stop playing at like early hours of the morning.

I gots an idea. At the end of the main combo/clever type stuff, we should have a little faux credits for a few seconds. Then we should have that screen that comes up when you stick Sonic 1 into Sonic and Knuckles (NO WAY!) and then move on to the bloopers section.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
But if your steak is blue... wouldn't you think theres something wrong with it? O.o

Well I'm home for the weekend so I can installing my software, but I have baby sitting to do -_-. Anyways I can actually get some work done now... so yay. I'm going to start working on a title sequence, and will be working with Sonic Underground as the title, but thats easily changeable if need be.

Its time to start sending in clips! You can contact me via AIM/MSN or PM if you wanna send in clips

StrongGaia

Smash Rookie
Thanks Napilopez for doing this, it should turn out great. I don't have any vids though, sorry :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Napi, I'm gonna be home for the weekend, so I should be able to send you anything I have on my person.

I got some GREAT footage vs. Sheik, Falcon, Toon Link, and Zelda.

I think I even got a jab lock setup on the TL at one point...

----------

Yup, I sure did, and it even set up for a KO.

That's one jab lock clip if you need one.

infomon

Smash Scientist
But if your steak is blue... wouldn't you think theres something wrong with it? O.o
Actually, if you go to a restaurant you can order your steak "blue". It means rarer than rare. They just barely sear the two sides of the steak two burn off any bacteria etc., but the inside is basically uncooked.

OM NOM NOM NOM

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I have almost unlimited Sonic vs Mr Game and Watch footage if there is a "Sonic Beating the Odds" Section.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Argh, I only have an SD card right. That means I can't directly upload stuff, doesn't it? I've got this BIN file saved on my computer, and I don't know how to mess around with it or what to do with it.
Helpful suggestions would be nice. Is it possible to send to any of you and you make it viewable?
Yes, I am a tech n00b. lol

infomon

Smash Scientist
The Brawl video format isn't really a video format; you can save the files to SD card, but that's not the actual video. It's just the instructions (what inputs at what time in the match) so that a Wii can recreate the match.

I don't even think you can bring that "video" on an SD card to someone else's brawl game because it's encoded with a fingerprint for your (wii or brawl, I'm not sure which, or maybe both). Although I think someone's found a way to reencode it for a different system. But that's all pretty moot since you might as well just send it from within Brawl at that point.

Snapshots are different; their "bin" files (bin just stands for binary btw, ie. it tells us nothing about the file format) are actually images, and you can get programs to conver them to something viewable on your computer.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Permission to cry?
WHY DOES IT EVEN GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF PUTTING IT ON AN SD CARD IF IT'S USELESS? D:
I pulled off the best kill evar, and now no one can see it >_>

infomon

Smash Scientist
Your Wii doesn't have internet access? :(

Oh I'm probably totally wrong about the SD card thing, you can probably trade it to another wii so they can watch your vids.

Otherwise the only reason to let people put them onto SD cards is so you don't fill up space on the Wii's storage.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
My wii does have internet access..
Oh, I get it. I send the video on the wii through the wii to someone on my friends list who can upload stuff, right?
If that's the case...any takers? I only want the first kill on there anyway. Which is about 5 seconds in, lol.
Then I play rubbish so he kills me ASAP so the match can be kept under the 3 minute limit thing.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Heh, yeah I assume that's how a bunch of us will end up sending videos to Napopilez. I don't have a pvr or tuner card yet either :/

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
The Brawl video format isn't really a video format; you can save the files to SD card, but that's not the actual video. It's just the instructions (what inputs at what time in the match) so that a Wii can recreate the match.

I don't even think you can bring that "video" on an SD card to someone else's brawl game because it's encoded with a fingerprint for your (wii or brawl, I'm not sure which, or maybe both). Although I think someone's found a way to reencode it for a different system. But that's all pretty moot since you might as well just send it from within Brawl at that point.

Snapshots are different; their "bin" files (bin just stands for binary btw, ie. it tells us nothing about the file format) are actually images, and you can get programs to conver them to something viewable on your computer.
I think you can transfer to other Wii's because the replays don't record any specific inputs (such as name)...

@ROOOOY! I think I'd be able to get your match online if you sent it to me. Before we organise it tho, do you have a DVD Recorder? If so, just plug your Wii cables into the DVD Recorder (which is asumedly plugged into the TV) and record the AV channel that the Wii is hooked up to. That's how I record my matches. (and if you send me your replay, that's how I'll get it on the net).
So once you've recorded the DVD you just throw it on a computer, use Nero or some other video editing software to change the type/compress it for YouTube. Or send it to Napi for that matter. It's pretty good quality depending on the DVD player ofcourse.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Good suggestion with the DVD recorder. But pleaseeee don't compress it for youtube! As I stated on the front page, I want the videos in the highest possible quality/resolution, preferably at 60 FPS. That way if I zoom in and/or slow down the clip, there isn't a noticeable degradation of quality when its uploaded to youtube =P

Edit: Btw peeps, you can just call me Napi or Nape. I've just been using Napilopez as an online screen name ever since I was like 10 years old, lol. Teh former two abreviations are fine!

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Ha napz is cool.

Lol speaking of Umby's phrase, I got mostly owned by Puffball today -_-. Even though I was on the phone and had parents pressuring me to go back to my dorm(I didn't wanna leave smash loll), I think he was clearly a better player than me. I need to play more peeps like him, because there are way too many people on friend finder claiming to be "advanced" who really don't seem that advanced at all. That or I get really lucky and they don't know the match-up at all.

Totallyy off-topic, yes!

Rawr I'm excited for traillerrrr. Anyone who has videos already recorded onto a PC format, let me know! Puffball sent me like 523,485,102.1938391 videos replays today which I have to record, but its all good. I get to learn as well watching some of the replays =P.

If you already have the videos saved as a WMV or AVI or whatever format you do, and preferably higher-than-youtube quality, then PM me or catch me on AIM/MSN. I can't accept replays until next weekend because my Wii is at home -_-. Mom isn't letting me bring the Wii to my dorm because I'll get "distracted" Ha! How could I get distracted plaing brawl! Never....

Also, I love all clips where Sonic sidetaunts after a kill. And it fits perfect for what I'm trying to do for the trailer as well. The trailer is using the short, fastpaced instrumental version of "his world'. Just wait to see what I have instore. I'll make the name templates tommorow, and a they will be used for the trailer.

Also, does anyone want to record a short video of Sonic in any Sonic-specific game? Such as SA2 or Sonic and Knuckles or W/e. I'd like to use something like that for the video and trailer. I'd love a clip in green Hill zone just because the music is so recognizable.

EDIT:
=OOO

Boxob, playing brawl?

I should get some blue steak to celebrate.

And how could I not include Boxob?

You have a Haunter as your signature. If I don't put you in the vid, he will eat my steak-filled dreams.

Top Bottom