• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Shado SD'd like 3 times, lol

He would've won his match for sure, then he blames it on Wario <_< SHADO YOU HAD WARIO IN THE BAG SON BUT YOU KILLED YOURSELF FOR HIM AT LIKE 10%!

<3CAM+8tag=2good ^_^

Good stuff to all of you guys. I felt lame for watching all of you Sonics and not being at something myself XD

:093:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Camalange, you did help out though. Atomsk and Xero was just MK pros. Someone should kill it. not ban it. kill it. Shado told me to use Dash attack more from what you guys said. Man, its like everytime i'd use a spindash...nado. If i baited it by Spindash canceling, it was a dsmash after the tornado. NO ENDING LAG WHATSOEVER. But, there was some times i caught him. ARRGGH.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh yeah. That must have been awful. I can't even fathom it. >.<
XD <3

Camalange, you did help out though. Atomsk and Xero was just MK pros. Someone should kill it. not ban it. kill it. Shado told me to use Dash attack more from what you guys said. Man, its like everytime i'd use a spindash...nado. If i baited it by Spindash canceling, it was a dsmash after the tornado. NO ENDING LAG WHATSOEVER. But, there was some times i caught him. ARRGGH.
I tried typing in caps my advice in the chat XD I guess some of it got through. DA is good at frustrating your opponent (which Sonic FEEDS on) because when people think they're safe, and you just sneak that DA in there and knock them back up in the air, they're like "WTF he can get me with that ****?" and then you take advantage of that.

Also, grab MK alot and Uthrow that SOB and KID CG SON. NOT ENOUGH CGING OF THE MK

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
I TRIED doing the KID CG...He daird me upon landing. And everytime i DA'd, it lead to a nair...Atomsk=too good. Man...too many options MK has. And i got pressured. Shado told me to calm down, lol. And i actually did do better after the advice from you guys. Sonic boards=too goodz.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
DA at HIGH percents.

And If he went for the Dair, all you have to do is this...

Uthrow>Foxtrot-SideB>(predict Dair+PS)>ReGrab>Uthrow>continue to predict

OH AND YOU AND SHADO BOTH NEED TO AERIAL OoS! GHRUR JUST REMINDED ME xD WHERE WERE THE OoS UAIRS AND FAIRS??

infomon

Smash Scientist
Man, its like everytime i'd use a spindash...nado. If i baited it by Spindash canceling, it was a dsmash after the tornado. NO ENDING LAG WHATSOEVER.
But that Dsmash loses to an ASC which hits it from above, in its blindspot :)

or just pshield the obvious dsmash. Basically, if you know what you're doing, it's a typical RPS situation.

If you can get your back to the end of the tornado, mebbe shorthop Bair?

idk

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
SHASC after a Side B cancel to bait the Nado. In fact SHASC after a SideB cancel is basically my game plan. Mix it up with grabs and they start to panic. DA is too good. I've been doing it since the game's RELEASE. In fact at certain percents it can combo into Fsmash. I'm almost positive. I used to Dash Attack and then immediately SideB back counting on the invinciframes to work. I should start that more. Really only MK's and Marth's countered me for doing it.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
MWC Champs
June 20th, 2009
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235197
Out of (I don't know yet, like 60-80?)
25th - Ithrowthings (Sonic)

MWC Champs
June 20th, 2009
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235197
Out of (I don't know yet, like 60-80?)
5th - Shugo (Sonic)

Got third seed in my pool. I fought bloodhawk first round of brackets and psyched myself out cause he's a lucario. I despise lucario. Next round I fought a REALLY good Marth named Xisin and I got in his head real bad. We've fought before and he's beaten me in winner's bracket twice. First round goes to Lylat and I win. He CPs castle siege cause I banned BF. He BARELY beats me on castle siege and he bans FD.

After that I CP him to PS1 and he's like "hang on, I need some time" then he just closes his eyes for a little bit and just sits there. I'm like "are you ready?" and he's like "I'd rather be fighting ANY other character in the roster right now, even metaknight" I'm like "ya......" more time passes and I'm like "are you ready" and he's like "no" so we wait longer until he's finally ready. Last stock I catch him with some mean uthrow chases and I finish him by hitting him with an fsmash at the same time he hits me with a fair. Such an intense match with so many people watching.

Then I lost to smash64. screw ness WTF?

And of course Shugo just ***** everyone all day everywhere.

infomon

Smash Scientist
ITT good stuff, I always find your post-tourney stories interesting.

I got your MM vs Overswarm (it was a MM right? or just friendly?) on youtube, hope you don't mind. Posted in the WSC.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Then I lost to smash64. screw ness WTF?

And of course Shugo just ***** everyone all day everywhere.
Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with Ness.

Good stuff Shugo.

*sigh* My results are never gonna be recognized, are they. Wtf happened. Lmao So they're a little backdated.
Wait until somebody else takes control of this thread, all the results not already in there shouldb e as soon as.

Oh yeah.

I got like, 9-4th at the tourney. I actually don't suck anymore lolol.

Fantastic.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
ITT good stuff, I always find your post-tourney stories interesting.

I got your MM vs Overswarm (it was a MM right? or just friendly?) on youtube, hope you don't mind. Posted in the WSC.
Ya, it was a MM... sadly it played out almost exactly the same as my match at last year's MWC Champs. I didn't end up paying him the money though cause my wallet was in my car and Shugo beat him the next match and he didn't pay shugo. So pretty much shugo just gave me a dollar.

I think I keep psyching myself out against OS though cause I beat MKs that placed WAY higher than OS at this tourney.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't let the man get you down ITT.

Also you should sue him for your money-back, awwww yeah! :p

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Play Smash64's Ness sometime. As I recall you said the same thing about Yoshi and I told you to fight Pride's Yoshi sometime.

Does Sonic have a CG on Ness? If so, I totally shouldn't have/won't lose to him again.

Doesn't matter anyways, cause I would've had to fight Quivo next

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I dunno if he does or not, but Ness has an unusually long grab-release animation, so things like FTilt/DTilt are guaranteed.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic can CG Ness, listen to KID/DJB moar. DJ discovered it, KID abuses it.

It works out of a ground release. Then immediatley after the release you have to Run/Grab again. It's like...frame perfect though.

I remember I got 2-0'd by a Ness once...then I realized, wow it's Ness, then I worked my way through losers bracket and 2-0'd the same Ness later, lol. Without the CG even cuz I was so pumped.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I think a part of it too was that beating xisin took just about everything I had. His marth is way too good. I think he's like, top 3 in WI or something crazy like that. He beat me at C4 and took like 7th out of 70 something and he beat me at Love's last stand and took like 5th out of 60 something.

After beating Xisin I didn't care who I had to fight next. I think I'mma practice that CG though. It'll be awesome.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yeah good **** ITT and Shugo. I wish I could've came. MW needz moar Sawniks! I don't really have much of a problem fighting Ness TBH. Guess Ness is too slow for me. Of course I haven't played Smash64's Ness so I could end up getting wrecked. Guess I'll find out at Crunchatize Me Capem. You should go ITT.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm considering going but I really want someone else to drive. 20 tournies in half a year is just too much. I only took a break from smash cause this hot chick became available. If I do go we'll get in some friendlies for sure. Also, set your alarm clock this time.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How do we know you aren't trolling us right now and actually did use Martha?

Sonic mains have the best mindgames, this also applies to reading them.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
When? Where?

Thread link plz?

and hai Izzy, long time no see.