• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Hedgehog: Community Matchup thread

What is Sonic's worst match up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tenki

Smash Hero
neutral for both.

>:l

Whether it's 50:50 or 55:45, at a higher level it's really more neutral than anything lol.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Got em the wrong way round >_<

General consensus was 55:45 for Ganon (which I know is deemed as neutral) and 60:40 for Falcon.

I think.

:093:

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
ShadowLink84 is totally right about Falcon, his Fair hitbox does not extend........he knows more than me, all I have done is place well in large competitive tournaments with Falcon...........i'm such a failure, jeez this guy knows more about Falcon than me. I should just become emo and main Sonic

lol

Final Statment: 50:50 or 55:45

real even match, the spring can be kneed, I tested it to shut ShadowLink84 up.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^QQ moar.

jk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWFpyDoIf0 <-- shows how disjoint the Knee can get during its hitlag.

it DOES extend the hitbox significantly, but I really doubt that the kind of placement Ayaz seemed to described (hit the falling spring and still hit Sonic on his way up..?) can happen.

Especially since falling spring = Sonic has begun to rise, and Sonic's invincibility starts as soon as he gets off the spring.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Ehh, the chart's going up updated (like..with Marth red as agreed, not black) but not with anything for Falcon or Ganon as they're controversial.

IMO.

G - 60:40
F - 55:45

My view only, not the whole boards. Don't murder me D;

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I take that as an insult.

Even if I haven't, it doesn't really matter because as you've voiced many times yourself we're supposed to be looking at things 'on paper', and not how things really happen.

As it happens, I've played Flying Dutchman's Ganon (well, only like 3 matches) and Empy's.
I played a decent Falcon before too, but I can't remember who ):

Anyway, what was agreed for the Zelda match-up? Was that disadvantage or neutral?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
If you want to pull an Inui I'll give you the same response.
I don't give two ****S if you were M2K himself. When you are wrong, you are WRONG.
Your background does NOT validate your argument smart one.

Hell, how about I wave the fact that I've been into competitive games since I was 13?
Does that validate what I say? No.
Seriously, I am really getting fed the **** up with the whole "I am high level therefore I am right" bull **** because anyone with have a ****ing brain can tell making such statements is both wrong AND dumb.

Christ.
real even match, the spring can be kneed, I tested it to shut ShadowLink84 up.

Don't go based on just what you see. The gme moves at 60 fps and I already explained to you why you may think it travels.

Get a capture card. Test the knee from varying distances on Sonic and then every other character.
The disjoint of the knee remains the SAME.
If what you say were true, it means Sonic's hurtbox is extended NOT that your disjointed hitbox suddenly traveled and zipped its way up.

@Tenki: you're incorrect, it didn't enlarge. Freeze frame it. you'll notice that Ganondorf was struck only once his warlock kick came into contact with the disjointed hitbox itself during the resulting hitlag from kneeing the second CF.. So much so you'll notice he actually hits the other CF before he gets hit by the knee.

So it goes like this,

First CF knees the second CF
Ganondorf warlock kicks, hits the second CF then touches the disjoint during the hitlag where the disjointed hitbox was still present.
The disjoint remained the same size as it always has been.

The reason it looks larger is because the opponent still gets pushed back during the hitlag and in ganondorf case, changes his position from an extension with his leg to the "oh **** this is gonna hurt" position. That furthers the illusion of the disjoint being larger than it truly is.

yes I have a capture card no I haven't started recording yet.
I accidentally deleted my replays =(

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Ahh, my feelings. It would make a good sig if it wasn't aimed at me D;

The chart's been put up on post #3, based on the boards opinion, not mine ( I'm not IvanEva, see? ;_; )

Greenstreet's got Zelda as neutral on his, but whatever.

I wonder what's been keeping him away from here anyway? I've seen him around the Pokeyman place over the last few days.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
@ayaz
ignore shadowlink, all he does is argue with people, he never really contributes...
LOL
You're such a comedian Kid.

I agree with Gf2tw. I think we should have a new thread with all the current character write ups.

It would make things less messy.
Why hasn't the topic changed? its been on ganondorf for two write ups @_@

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
LOL
You're such a comedian Kid.

I agree with Gf2tw. I think we should have a new thread with all the current character write ups.

It would make things less messy.
Why hasn't the topic changed? its been on ganondorf for two write ups @_@
Because Green is the only one who can change the title, but it seems he abondened us.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Why don't you guys just make a temporary Export Thread for the upcoming matchups until he gets back?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Because you main Yoshi and not Sonic.
Hey, thats mean. I am just trying to help....

Mods don't like place holder threads.
Wait? Mods are patrolling this forum now?

Well... He hasn't updated the Thread in more than a Month, and now he's going to be gone for another month and a half. Some kind of action needs to be taken...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Mmac sig + avatar = SICKKKKKK

@shadowlink

have you done that testing with the needles yet?
p.s. ayaz wasnt using the im better so im right card, he was using the im better with this character and i know way more about my main than you do card, theres a difference

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Mmac sig + avatar = SICKKKKKK

@shadowlink
have you done that testing with the needles yet?
Yep, the don't clang. I meant to post about it earlier but my wifi died.
p.s. ayaz wasnt using the im better so im right card, he was using the im better with this character and i know way more about my main than you do card, theres a difference
I was speaking generically.
I am good with this character therefore I know my character and cannot be wrong if someone who doesn't main/place with the character questions me.
Its still saying "because I am superior in this subject you are wrong."
This is telling people to appeal to authority which is wrong and self defeating.

I wouldn't have minded his post at all had he not pulled the "you don't main my character so you're wrong" bit. Oh and I still went out and tested the knee AGAIN after his response just to make sure I hadn't missed something.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its true,

go tell the ness mains something they dont already know about ness.
or falco
or peach.
or pit.

its not gonna happen.

you arent going to tell a good experienced player something that they dont already know about their character when its not your character

aeghrur

Smash Champion
its true,

go tell the ness mains something they dont already know about ness.
or falco
or peach.
or pit.

its not gonna happen.

you arent going to tell a good experienced player something that they dont already know about their character when its not your character
How about telling him the knee's disjoint actually doesn't travel? =/

Ugh, another match up thread... meh... okay... =/ Messiness will ensue.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
its true,
go tell the ness mains something they dont already know about ness
or falco
or peach.
or pit.

its not gonna happen.

Kid whenever you post I feel like smashing my head against my laptop repeatedly because you strawman my posts so often.

Let me put it in laymen's terms.
You maining a character does NOT exempt you from being wrong about the character.
Understand?
The subject is concerning the fact that someone makes a claim and then says that the reason the opposing party is wrong is because they do NOT main the character.

The situation you present is where I am making a claim when this situation here, is the other way around.

Let alone that even if you weren't strawmanning, your argument self defeating because the Falcon mainer is making the claim that the knee's disjoint travels or enlarges when it clearly does NOT.

If you do not understand what I am getting at, ask for clarification rather than assuming my intent.

Edit1: Also Azen is a good, experienced user of Lucario but is not as knowledgeable concerning Lucario as other, less experienced, less skilled Lucario mains.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You maining a character does NOT exempt you from being wrong about the character.
maining a character and being good with him does however put you at a higher chance of being right especially over somebody that isnt the most knowledgable about the character

it doesnt mean anything they say is right, but it does mean you cant randomly call them wrong just because something doesnt sound right in your ears.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Edit1: Also Azen is a good, experienced user of Lucario but is not as knowledgeable concerning Lucario as other, less experienced, less skilled Lucario mains.
He isn't? You do realize we have no idea whatsoever how much Azen actually knows. He never comes here to give out useful character data.

He has told us that "F-smash is too goodz lol."

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
He isn't? You do realize we have no idea whatsoever how much Azen actually knows. He never comes here to give out useful character data.

He has told us that "F-smash is too goodz lol

just for sl cus he has THC on ignore like a douche...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

Actually he shows it in his gameplay.
There were a number of critiques concerning his usage of Lucario from Lucario mainers.

THC by the way why are you not on my ignore list?
oh yeah the post in D3.

Anyways
maining a character and being good with him does however put you at a higher chance of being right especially over somebody that isnt the most knowledgable about the character
You're rather tempting my ignore button since you just repeated in almost the EXACT same way.
Start reading my posts and stop skimming.
it doesnt mean anything they say is right, but it does mean you cant randomly call them wrong just because something doesnt sound right in your ears.
This post is terrible.
I randomly called him wrong for absolutely no reason other than because I could?
Do you even read your own posts?

I agree with Kid on this one...
Who are you again? Just curious.
Who are you?
XD

just for sl cus he has THC on ignore like a douche...
At least THC had dignity and did not go out of his way to insult people and actually tried to support what he said.
In fact I don't like putting people on ignore, I am rather interested in what people post but I am only going to tolerate so much.

You on the other hand, are just being an *** right now. I would totally have no qualms to put you on ignore if you kept spewing foolishness.

Top Bottom