• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Sez Skype Shots Monthlies- Next: Apr 13th (?)

True Blue

Smash Lord

I usually play games on normal. I end up not playing games anymore if I get stuck on some same level for ages.

LOL! I love that image. I guess I gotta deal with it.
Though I am hard headed and persistent so even if I loose I gotta keep trying until I win. Which is why I won't get mad playing good people in fighting games. Though when I playing single player games I sometimes rage just to let off steam.
Though I think one game I said screw the hard difficulty and went to easy mode cause I just wanted to put it in my completed pile. It was a game for the PS3 called "Legendary". Hard mode was so ******** in it.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Toughest difficlutly always. I HATE when games have a "very hard/extreme" that's locked till you beat it on a lower difficulty. I don't always want to replay it.

MGS3 The Boss run, is maaaaaad difficult. MGS4 The Boss run is challenging, but infinite amount of saves to do it makes it too easy as well

:phone:

Edit: KH Critical/Proud, no exp, Kingdom Key only, no magic runs are where its at

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I hope that if KH2 gets remade for NTSC release, it'll be the FM+ version.
I want to finally be able to do my 0 Exp, no items, Kingdom Key, no equipment run. :applejack:

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I hate when games make you go do a bunch of ******** grinding cuz your character "isn't strong enough".
Especially before the final boss.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Yeah, it's kind of a reason why I liked FFXIII. There wasn't a need to grind your characters.

Path of Neo had the right idea. They threw you straight in a 'test stage' and depending on how well you progressed, you'll get a recommended difficulty that best suits you.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's kind of a reason why I liked FFXIII. There wasn't a need to grind your characters.

Path of Neo had the right idea. They threw you straight in a 'test stage' and depending on how well you progressed, you'll get a recommended difficulty that best suits you.

Sweet.

If you got noticably better would they up the difficulty or something?

True Blue

Smash Lord
I just got sad. I completed KH3D on Critical and I got the trophy for it... But I didn't get the trophy for beating it on Proud mode... Dangit. I remember other games if you played the hardest and they had trophies for playing it on simpler difficulties they give it to you... But this one didn't... Sadness...

Kupo Rose

Sweet.

If you got noticably better would they up the difficulty or something?
I can't remember, but I do know there's an option to up the difficulty after you've finished.

I just got sad. I completed KH3D on Critical and I got the trophy for it... But I didn't get the trophy for beating it on Proud mode... Dangit. I remember other games if you played the hardest and they had trophies for playing it on simpler difficulties they give it to you... But this one didn't... Sadness...
Curious. Are you an achievement *****?

True Blue

Smash Lord
When I am bored and complete a game, yes. Just cause it gives me more things to do. But it is more of just completing the game at 100%. Or attempting to, until a new game takes my focus away from it lol.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I usually like going for achievemets (in my case trophies) to find stuff to do, but I always hate getting platinum trophy because some trophies make you do optional bull**** like talk to every townsperson in the hubworlds...

I know they want us to complete the game, but that's just ********.

Completionists may use it to help keep track because they wanna do everything, but it should'nt be forced (for lack of a better term) onto us.

Make that **** like some sort of optional (or in-game) trophy to help 'em keep track if you need to.

Kupo Rose

I remember getting an achievement for completing a tutorial... In minecraft lol. I don't bother with them (who looks at them anyway?). Most of the time it's not even challenges but tasks that serve no purpose other than to waste your time that add no extra depth to gameplay.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I like well implemented achievements. Beating things on a harder difficulty as a reward for those who strive to persevere.

Stand still X mins, don't play for X days, stupid ones make me facepalm

True Blue

Smash Lord
I hate this one on my 3DS for Street Pass that involves your Mii. "Collected a Street Pass after not collecting on in a while." What is considered a while... lol

True Blue

Smash Lord
Street Pass is like the game in the 3DS that uses your Mii to play two forms of mini games. One is just a puzzle collecting game where you try to complete puzzles to create 3D images. And the second is a dungeon thing where you use other peoples Mii's to get along the dungeon to save your Mii.
And you need other people and there 3DS to make them work better or else you are not getting much done.

Kupo Rose

Guess I'll never get that done. The chances of seeing someone with a 3DS here is next to none.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Well I get random ones. Cause I have my 3DS on when I go out and in my pocket so it picks it up on standby mode. And also cause everyday you get a Play Coin for taking 100 steps, though only a max of 10 coins per day. And you can use coins to substitute for Mii's.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
The PS Vita has Near, which is basically copied street pass. I never carry it around, its waaaaaay too cumbersome. And its just not a feature I as a more hardcore gamer give two ****s about. Keep casual nonsense off my systems!!!

True Blue

Smash Lord
I don't mind casual ****, gives more things to do when you don't have any games worth playing at the moment. Cause I literally get like 1 or 2 DS games a year and after those are done I am done.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
[url]http://imageshack.us/a/img705/5936/20130131222546270.jpg[/url][\IMG]

I don't really have that problem TB ;)

[size=1][i]:phone:[/i][/size]

Edit: meh... click the link :P

True Blue

Smash Lord
Well I don't have a lot of money so I try to keep my likes closed to certain things when it comes to games. But anime is FREE game. lol. And also I am not a big fan of shooting games. Only time I liked playing them was with my dad when I was younger

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
[url]http://imageshack.us/a/img705/5936/20130131222546270.jpg[/url][\IMG]

[size=1][i]:phone:[/i][/size]

Edit: meh... click the link :P[/QUOTE]

That's REALLY cool!!

For a guy on the internet, it's nothing really special, but you probably already knew that.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSNDe1dbhFc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSNDe1dbhFc[/URL]

Kupo Rose

True story. My friend traded in most of his old xbox/360/ps3 games couple of months ago (it took a full camping bag and another 2 enviro bags) and got over £500 in trade-in value. He actually managed to break the till and had to get it all scanned again. The receipt spanned over 2 meters long lol.

I rarely get stuff cuz my mom wants to save money, but I don't blame her.
Why can't all kids be like you?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Children are over-entitled these days, frankly. Its good to see appreciative ones.

And its just my GAME collection. Have about 15 games lent out, 6 new games paid off ahead of time. Im really not into the swag items or plushies. Got a sonic clock, sonic hat that I wear only to a brawl tournaments in areas i've never been to. And a blanket.

That's about it.

Life

Smash Hero
Speaking of gaming swag, I made a SSBB wooden clock in eighth grade wood shop because the game was new then. The moving parts broke down eventually but it's still pretty cool.

Life

Smash Hero
No pics ATM, but imagine a 2:1 rectangular wooden box divided into two squares. One has the Brawl title/logo behind the moving hands. The other is a little storage space, complete with a wooden panel that slides over. (Dat secret compartment status. Hey, we were like fourteen, it sounded cool. I usually keep my old GBC in there, or my 3DS AR cards.)

True Blue

Smash Lord

Asking too much there lol. Nah I remember when I was younger my mom would try to buy things and I would be like "Do we even have the money to afford this? I don't think we should do this."

Children are over-entitled these days, frankly. Its good to see appreciative ones.

And its just my GAME collection. Have about 15 games lent out, 6 new games paid off ahead of time. Im really not into the swag items or plushies. Got a sonic clock, sonic hat that I wear only to a brawl tournaments in areas i've never been to. And a blanket.

That's about it.

I lost my hat, I don't lend out games cause I never get them back so I had to rebuy some cause I liked them for my collection. I get a bunch of random figures and plushes of Sonic from people.
I fricken love that Sonic blanket ya got me. So soft! lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I got stuff here and there as a kid, but I never really whined or cried about not having anything.
It doesn't bother me not to have something or another anymore. There's plenty of other avenues I can take when I'm unable to follow someone somewhere through a certain hobby.

:applejack:

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman

*Takes a breath* ... Because I'm BATMAN!!!

Also, my crush would have like, 800 people fighting for her at once, but I wouldn't be suprised if everyone in the universe (even computers) did that **** already.

Top Bottom