• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Sez Skype Shots Monthlies- Next: Apr 13th (?)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hello All. We have the Sonic general chat to cover most things general, yet I've found it a bit impersonal recently. I propose we Skype to get a little more familiar.

At LEAST once a month, use this thread to set up a predetermined date/time to Skype with another Sonic boards member. During this time, participants will discuss all things Sonic (inside and outside of Brawl), metagame, smash, and real life stuff. During this time, members that are of a legal drinking age will drink either a shot or from a drink of their choice. While optional, its highly encouraged that participants actually PARTICIPATE.

Time This Starts: 7pm Mountain Time, saturday December 8th. (for those who suck at converting... http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc)

List of Skype names

JMan: j-man8891
Kupo: Stiltzkin1990
True Blue: KiroXIII
Espy: Puffball64
Boxob: ???
Wedge: ???
SoupaSonic: ???
Froggy: matt.g646
Excel: Candlejackexcel
Kinzer: ???
MeekSpeedy: meekspeedy

Discuss.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I most likely won't be at the first Skype.

Cause this will be me in the following weeks.

/examrape

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
You can talk to multiple people at once (voice calls). However, you can only talk to one person if you're doing a video call afaik.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I tried doing something similar to this with stickam, cause you can have a bagillion people video calling at once but it never caught on D;

I'm down for dec. 8th.

:093:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
This, will be epic.

And we can do a mass call to get things started, and if we feel the need to video call we can branch off for 1v1s, lol

True Blue

Smash Lord
WHOA! WHAT ABOUT ME! lol

Anyways. December 8th sounds slightly good. I may get on late though cause there is a tournament that day for me. But I will definitely try to figure something out. Cause I really want to do this lol.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Skype's pretty wonky on this computer, but I'll try to be on for this. It will be a great way to relax after completing my Capstone paper.

Not drinking though. :V

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
^are you of a legal drinking age?

Oh, Hi, my name is Justin Doss. Im 24yrs old and I am a USAF Air Traffic Controller, stationed at Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota.

(It may be a good idea for some introductions like this. I had NO idea Kupo wasn't on the East Coast till just the other day. Mind was blown)

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Who cares if they can or can't drink? We're there to chat.
Drinking is secondary. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Actually part of it is that ppl have these preconvceived notions that drinking is bad. Like... they may be of a legal age, chose to never drink, and still think it bad. It is to these ppl I implore drinking. Try it. Try it with good friends in a very low-risk situation. You may find you like it. Or heck, hate it: you now have a personal baseline to work from and a factual base from which to stand from in the future.

Excited to talk all things sonic, lol. I have to get through ALL the sonic soundtracks a couple times by the 8th to dicuss the music with you guys. I was sooooo left out of that conversation in the general thread :/

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I probably (the key word) won't get to do it cuz Skype's ******** on my computer unless you type.

@True: LOL

True Blue

Smash Lord
You could always listen and type lol. Only issue I ever have with Skype is always being in an area surrounded with people and feeling weird about talking to my computer or having inappropriate things said while people are around. lol

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
You could always listen and type lol. Only issue I ever have with Skype is always being in an area surrounded with people and feeling weird about talking to my computer or having inappropriate things said while people are around. lol
more of the listening that's a problem. I might try that though...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Im excited to talk to you especially Wedge. Its funny that it never actually happened yet :p.

I should probably update the OP periodically with "Topicz of Conversation", as a rough outline of some things we'll talk about in these mass sessions. One of my main things like I mentioned earlier is favorite sonic music. Drinking may be another, and so on...

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
The hot girl from zombieland (and a few other movies) if you haven't already google searched her. Fairly attractive imo, and by fairly I mean super duper.

Also I'm down for skype chat due to my status as that random kid, I think it'd be nice to try to introduce myself and talk Sonic/Brawl. I can't drink either tho, three more years.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
First saw Emma in Superbad. She is hot because she's more... real, if I had to put a label to it. She isn't ridiculously curvy, and doesn't exude sexuality. Yet she manages to come across as genuine, sincere, cute, and I'd wreck that *** if given the chance.

Zombieland, (I believe) The Last House On The Left, The Help, and several others I can't think of right now.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Because you're a pretty cool dude, and even though u say you are kind of quiet, you spoke to me and went above and beyond to play some games/help my brother and I out. And you've maintained contact. I'd HOPE I know you a bit at this point :p

True Blue

Smash Lord
Nah I am still a quiet person in the sense it is hard for me to speak to someone for the first time. Though I talked with ya through messages first which messaging people is obviously easier than in person.

Top Bottom