• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Luig

Confused
Naw, man. I've already bailed out of the Sonic fandom. That part of me is GONE! It's just people quoting two month old posts that I make that pisses me off.

I know that Cammy is probably going to kill me for giving up Sonic the Hedgehog for Xenoblade Chronicles, but it really IS possible to lose admiration for Sonic.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs

Fan made

You know, if they incorporated a boom specific style into a sequel... I dont think i'd mind if its polished. He could be a slower paced 3D platformer with the enerbeam

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011

Fan made

You know, if they incorporated a boom specific style into a sequel... I dont think i'd mind if its polished. He could be a slower paced 3D platformer with the enerbeam
Honestly boom could be great, they just had to freaking rush the game instead of taking their time. And if the writings wasn't abysmal, why is Knuckles mental inclined? I never read knuckles as a complete idiot, he was naive, UGh it just grinds my gears how sega treats him like he's just a complete idiot.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Honestly boom could be great, they just had to freaking rush the game instead of taking their time. And if the writings wasn't abysmal, why is Knuckles mental inclined? I never read knuckles as a complete idiot, he was naive, UGh it just grinds my gears how sega treats him like he's just a complete idiot.
In games yes i agree about knuckles but i think its harmless in the show. It's not the actual knuckles being changed so i could care less and i think he can be funny at times

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So long as the give it a run button option, then i am completely fine with it. Sonic just looks like he moves way too slow in Boom. And I mean way too slow.

Also, I don't really mind idiot knuckles. But you are right that he is a little to stupid. Tho i don't like what they are doing with Sticks more.

:135:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
In games yes i agree about knuckles but i think its harmless in the show. It's not the actual knuckles being changed so i could care less and i think he can be funny at times
Yeah, I'm just not a huge fan of the show, I watched a few episodes and it's not my thing, I grew up with Sonic SATam so I prefer that storytelling with Sonic, which is why the comics are sooooooooo good. The show is more like The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Adventures is ehhhhhh, so i understand that. I do feel boom does it a pot better tho cause adventures is random for the sake of being random

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Adventures is ehhhhhh, so i understand that. I do feel boom does it a pot better tho cause adventures is random for the sake of being random
Yeah that's why I don't like Boom, I'm not into the new brand of Internet type humor in my cartoons, but it's just not for me, glad kids are still getting into sonic, and I have the Archie comics for my dose of SATam.

Also this pic about sums it up for me

SonicMario

Smash Master
Doesn't matter if you're into sports or not. Had to show this

A player was seen with a Sonic shirt, referencing Sonic's infamous taunt from Brawl too! :4sonic:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Doesn't matter if you're into sports or not. Had to show this

A player was seen with a Sonic shirt, referencing Sonic's infamous taunt from Brawl too! :4sonic:
I have that shirt, lmao.

Nice.

:093:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I don't much care for stupid Knuckles either, but "Dumb Muscle" is a trope that kids can easily identify and enjoy, so I'm pretty sure Sega will use it until it wears out. Let's just be thankful they didn't do it to someone who doesn't fit the "power character" archetype.

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Been playing Unleashed again, because talkin about it on here made me want to play it, and I actually don't mind the Werehog stages, like I get it combat is so slow paced, but it's not terrible. And I think Unleashed has some of my favorite songs

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely love the night stage themes in Unleashed. Jungle Joyride Night is easily one of Sonic's best compositions. I don't like the daytime OST as much though, mostly because it's really repetitive and loops too quickly.

I generally don't like Unleashed much. The daytime stages are too brainless for me personally. Colours and Generations are so good though. I think my favourite parts of Unleashed were just platforming as the wolfhog. Jungle Joyride Night was this perfect blend of platforming and fighting that went on for just long enough.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
So, do you guys think Genesis 3 solidifies 6WX as the best Sonic currently? He went Sonic the whole tournament (as far as I'm aware) and placed higher than all the other Sonics.

Shame we didn't break top 8, though. Maybe next time.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I wonder what sakurai was thinking when he made sheik's fair.
Hey guys!
How does an aerial that outranges marth's fair, comes out on frame 5, is interruptable on frame 35, autocancels on frame 11, and is safe on shield sound?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So, do you guys think Genesis 3 solidifies 6WX as the best Sonic currently? He went Sonic the whole tournament (as far as I'm aware) and placed higher than all the other Sonics.

Shame we didn't break top 8, though. Maybe next time.
Komorokiri trolled us by not going all Sonic so people will use that to defend him.

What a buster.

:093:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I was wondering why Komo never went Sonic. Every time he lost a game as Cloud I was like "Ok, he has to pick Sonic now. Let's go and- He's still using Cloud...what is this?"

I had to keep dipping in and out of the stream so I never got the chance to see any Sonic's play, I'll catch the replays when they're uploaded. I have seen most of top 8 though, not really surprised at the end lol, I wonder if things will change in the future. Will Bayonetta be as OP as the trailer make her seem? Or will she suffer the same fate as Palutena? Where she looks like "Oh my god, this character is going to be top tier when everyone gets her hands on her!" lol.

Been playing Unleashed again, because talkin about it on here made me want to play it, and I actually don't mind the Werehog stages, like I get it combat is so slow paced, but it's not terrible. And I think Unleashed has some of my favorite songs
I just hated the missions. Doing a perfect run without dying in the Werehog stages is very annoying and you have to do Werehog missions 9 times and the stages are far too long, after a while it just gets me a bit tired of the thing. I can run day time stages again but I can only do so much with the Werehog until I'm like "Ok, this is starting to overstay its welcome."

As for the music? I don't think there has been any main stream Sonic games that has music less than spectacular. Jungle Joyride, Spagonia, Apotos and Holosaka are probably my favorites. The Spagonia night theme is too good lol, though the Gaia minion music got pretty old, really fast. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't put any variety there.

Last edited:

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
I loved seeing every Sonic at G3. Kuraudo, Manny (Under the name Heero), 6WX, Komo, and anyone else I didn't get to see. Seeing them represent our character just gives me more motivation to bring myself to their level of skill.

In the meanwhile, while I'm working on the MU thread more, I've been thinking about making videos that explain the match up, since I want to do more with video editing.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I wonder what sakurai was thinking when he made sheik's fair.
Hey guys!
How does an aerial that outranges marth's fair, comes out on frame 5, is interruptable on frame 35, autocancels on frame 11, and is safe on shield sound?
Well, the thing is, Shiek stretches her entire body out unlike Marth. So there is the range. As for everything else....... I dunno, Smash Bros logic.

Well, i honestly don't think dumb Knuckles (or making Knuckles stupid) is to bad, just don't make him brain dead

Twizman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twizman
I miss Sonic's old back throw. It was a thing of beauty. I loved watching 6WX make it to 4th at Apex 2015. If Sonic still had that move maybe now he would be ranked close to third in the game.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I miss Sonic's old back throw. It was a thing of beauty. I loved watching 6WX make it to 4th at Apex 2015. If Sonic still had that move maybe now he would be ranked close to third in the game.
I can see why they nerfed it.

Personally, they should buff it not to back to where it was, but about to the level of Luigi's back throw (slightly stronger than mario's)

But yeah, I miss it....

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If they they sped up Sonic's moves, he would literally be a better Sheik. Do we want that?

The answer is yes, but that would be so dumb.
I guess so, But I do know a number of other characters that could do with a speed buff to their moves and wouldn't become the next Sheik *cough*:4link:*cough*:4feroy:*cough*

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I kinda been feeling like that for a while now lol. I think everyone feels their character needs buffs or something despite the character already being just fine. I wonder if Mario mains be like "Man, we need a buff" lmao.

I'm pretty sure Sonic is going to stay somewhere in the high spots. I doubt he'll ever be B tier honestly and I'm pretty sure Sakurai isn't going to touch him in this final patch coming with Corrin and Bayonetta. Assuming they release on the same day and it counts as one whole patch, most people been saying that's probably the case but either way we're just fine. The only buff Sonic needs is "Sonic Speed!" to "You're too slow!" and "Come on!" to "C'mon, step it up!".

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Smashboards WHYYYYYY!!!!! I know I blacked out in my car last week but COME ON!!! Could you at least let me see what people are posting on this thread?!?!? I had to miss Genesis because of that black out, so hearing about 6WX now feels....(insert aggravation sound here).

Anyways, I wish I knew how to change my username because the name Sensane is not only dumb, but apparently if you look it up on YouTube you'll find a channel that makes wedding videos and only has about 3 or 4 subs. I want to be known as NecromanceRr now. So, now I'll begin with my responses:

I loved seeing every Sonic at G3. Kuraudo, Manny (Under the name Heero), 6WX, Komo, and anyone else I didn't get to see. Seeing them represent our character just gives me more motivation to bring myself to their level of skill.
TBH I was kinda worried about Manny, 6WX, and Komo dropping Sonic since they were using other characters and it seemed like they would use their other mains more (Roy for Manny, Ryu for 6WX, and Cloud for Komo), but thankfully they still use Sonic. I wanted to go so badly, but I'm not good enough yet XP.

He also lost to DK in death battle lol. Personally, with Knuckles being my favorite Sonic character, with all the other people complaining about his Boom design, I was probably the only person who wasn't bothered by it. In fact, considering that Boom would be a comedy, it just screamed for potential. But from what I saw they made him into an egotistical little twit and little of what it could've been, so now I kinda hate it.
If they they sped up Sonic's moves, he would literally be a better Sheik. Do we want that?

The answer is yes, but that would be so dumb.
Personally I would use Sonic less if that happened. Really I just want his b-air to have less landing lag like in Brawl and his u-smash fixed. Oh, what am I saying, I'm starting a new trend: #bringbackthebthrow
Unleashed has a good ost. I love most of the daytime themes, but imo the nighttime themes aren't as memorable. Personally I love the nighttime levels as much as the daytime stages. Playing as the Werehog felt satisfying. The one thing I don't like about Unleashed is (on the PS3 and 360 versions at least) you have to collect so many medals just to continue on with the game, but the problem is you have to go out of your way just to get them. If you collect them all, you can move on, but say goodbye to getting a half decent rank in THAT level (unless if you're in a daytime level, but you have to try a lot harder to maintain your rank). It made me stop playing the game, but I want to get back to it someday as it's such a good game.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Smashboards WHYYYYYY!!!!! I know I blacked out in my car last week but COME ON!!! Could you at least let me see what people are posting on this thread?!?!? I had to miss Genesis because of that black out, so hearing about 6WX now feels....(insert aggravation sound here).

Anyways, I wish I knew how to change my username because the name Sensane is not only dumb, but apparently if you look it up on YouTube you'll find a channel that makes wedding videos and only has about 3 or 4 subs. I want to be known as NecromanceRr now. So, now I'll begin with my responses:

TBH I was kinda worried about Manny, 6WX, and Komo dropping Sonic since they were using other characters and it seemed like they would use their other mains more (Roy for Manny, Ryu for 6WX, and Cloud for Komo), but thankfully they still use Sonic. I wanted to go so badly, but I'm not good enough yet XP.

He also lost to DK in death battle lol. Personally, with Knuckles being my favorite Sonic character, with all the other people complaining about his Boom design, I was probably the only person who wasn't bothered by it. In fact, considering that Boom would be a comedy, it just screamed for potential. But from what I saw they made him into an egotistical little twit and little of what it could've been, so now I kinda hate it.

Personally I would use Sonic less if that happened. Really I just want his b-air to have less landing lag like in Brawl and his u-smash fixed. Oh, what am I saying, I'm starting a new trend: #bringbackthebthrow

Unleashed has a good ost. I love most of the daytime themes, but imo the nighttime themes aren't as memorable. Personally I love the nighttime levels as much as the daytime stages. Playing as the Werehog felt satisfying. The one thing I don't like about Unleashed is (on the PS3 and 360 versions at least) you have to collect so many medals just to continue on with the game, but the problem is you have to go out of your way just to get them. If you collect them all, you can move on, but say goodbye to getting a half decent rank in THAT level (unless if you're in a daytime level, but you have to try a lot harder to maintain your rank). It made me stop playing the game, but I want to get back to it someday as it's such a good game.
With medals, just search for them in the hubworlds and find a few in the werehog levels. Werehog levels want you to explore around.

Top Bottom