• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
I stopped getting the updates too, da ****. I don't watch competitive Smash so I have no idea what's going on so here's a picture

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I still play Sonic besides Cloud. Round 2 of pools is happening in 10 minutes! Hopefully both characters lead me to a win. Best of luck to the other Sonics here at Genesis 3!!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I still play Sonic besides Cloud. Round 2 of pools is happening in 10 minutes! Hopefully both characters lead me to a win. Best of luck to the other Sonics here at Genesis 3!!
Best of luck!

Also hit me with that yung follow-back on the Tweetbook, dog.

:093:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011

Those are my two mains as well! Best of luck! Kick ass!

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I need tournament experience lol but I can't do that because it's embarrassing to lose and going out to not get very far seems disheartening XD

I should've been wished luck to everybody that went. If I knew I would've been did it. Did Cam or 6WX go? I saw Komo the other day but he used Cloud.

Last edited:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
I need tournament experience lol but I can't do that because it's embarrassing to lose and going out to not get very far seems disheartening XD

I should've been wished luck to everybody that went. If I knew I would've been did it. Did Cam or 6WX go? I saw Komo the other day but he used Cloud.
Same same. I've been contemplating going to local SoCal tourneys. But it does feel embarrassing going in with no Tourney experience. I plan on using Sonic with Cloud as a backup. I say go for it Spitfire! That's my goal for 2016, just go to tourneys with my friend, whom kicks my ass every time, but I'll feel better going with a squad who is actually good at the game.

Also is there a thread to post your Sonic replays that you upload o YouTube via the game? I have some that I'd like ya'll to see, I'm no pro but I have fun on For Glory and would like imput from all you Sonic players!
Edit: found the thread so disregard the bottom paragraph

Last edited:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I want to do tournies but not until I'm confident enough in my abilities. I learned a lot from being here and such but it's not enough. It feels like I'll never be able to surpass my current limit so I kinda just gave up on that, getting any loss on FG is enough for me to think "Welp, GG me, might as well not even try." XD

There is but I think the rules changed? I haven't posted there in a while. Not sure what it looks like over there.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
All you guys getting to play Sonic Generations and Unleashed (sonic levels) and I'm here suck with Lost World and Colours ;-; (not that there bad or anything.

That look after your character has been nerfed for no reason lol.

And I also did a thing.

Oh god, finally. Forcing the werehog on us on those missions is unforgivable Sonic Team. Free at last.
I guess it's lucky for me my characters haven't been touched/buffed.

The werehog had too many issues I wasn't cool with. Not having a drop shadow to indicate where you were going to land was a really annoying thing to deal with to be honest. Cost me a lot of redo's and frustration. I'm soooo glad I'm done with it all, now that it's over I don't think I'll touch Unleashed again unless its for running through Jungle Joyride.
Rooftop Run?

:135:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
I want to do tournies but not until I'm confident enough in my abilities. I learned a lot from being here and such but it's not enough. It feels like I'll never be able to surpass my current limit so I kinda just gave up on that, getting any loss on FG is enough for me to think "Welp, GG me, might as well not even try." XD

There is but I think the rules changed? I haven't posted there in a while. Not sure what it looks like over there.
Totally feel you, I'll have really good FG runs and think "I'm ready!" Then it will immediately follow with very poor rounds and The game goes "lol just kidding Julian, you suck." I'm just gonna go to a tourney and hope for the best. Need to rep my main man Sonic.

Yea I found it, will probably upload a couple when I get home. There are some still on my system that I need to upload

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
All you guys getting to play Sonic Generations and Unleashed (sonic levels) and I'm here suck with Lost World and Colours ;-; (not that there bad or anything.
Colors is like my favorite. I don't know why, there's just something about Colors that makes me like it above the rest. Then again I really like Unleashed day time stages and the "Woo!" Sonic does when boosting. Just makes me feel the speed, I actually feel the need to say that sometimes when going fast enough lol.

Rooftop Run?

Any stage that isn't Eggmanland or Shamar. I just like Jungle Joyride the most because it's so beautiful. Its just a really gorgeous stage, I kinda want to visit the real world location, but I don't know where it is lol. Might have to visit the Sonic wiki and find out. Eggmanland is FAAAAAR too long for my liking and its horrible, I can't see why anybody would prefer that stage over any of the others. It was torture and extremely frustrating for the hotdog challenges. Shamar was pretty boring in terms of appearance really, just didn't stand out too much for me. Spagonia is my second favorite stage I believe.

Totally feel you, I'll have really good FG runs and think "I'm ready!" Then it will immediately follow with very poor rounds and The game goes "lol just kidding Julian, you suck." I'm just gonna go to a tourney and hope for the best. Need to rep my main man Sonic.

Yea I found it, will probably upload a couple when I get home. There are some still on my system that I need to upload
Yep, that's about it. I'm not sure what's the cause of my down fall. I'm more into doubles anyway, team combos are amazing lol. And of course, happy to see Sonic having so many reps in Smash4. I think he has one top spots when it comes to representatives.

Last edited:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Everything thus far has shown the 25th anniversary is going to be a 2D game. Or at the very least the first game of the 25th anniversary year will be 2D.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

6WX is still in it and Komo has used Sonic a couple times. Heero/StaticManny and Seagull Joe are also there, but I don't know their fates yet.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Speaking of tourney experience, i've been to one regional now and 3 locals and im steadily getting better. My first tourney was actually the regional and when i mained shulk over sonic but now im almost exclusively sonic. First local i didnt make it out of pools, second the power went out halfway through doubles (we were winning too...) and in a local last week i got out of pool and placed in the top half but still feel i could have done a lot better

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Everything thus far has shown the 25th anniversary is going to be a 2D game. Or at the very least the first game of the 25th anniversary year will be 2D.

While the Genesis era is my favorite...I don't want a strict 2D sonic game. While I liked both episodes of sonic 4, it didn't play at all like the originals. I will buy it, because Sonic, but I would like a 3d game. I'd be indifferent about it.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
What all evidence do you mean? They said stuff about hey day but thats not specific, and while classic sonic was part of the first anniversary image, modern got a conpletely new render for the one right after. If anything a safer assumption would be to follow the two new games rumor, which i feel implies one will be strictly 2D while the other possibly a mix of 2D and 3D

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
which i feel implies one will be strictly 2D while the other possibly a mix of 2D and 3D
Well I did say "Or at the very least the first game of the 25th anniversary year will be 2D." lol. Of course we don't know anything concrete yet but SEGA has been talking about "returning to Sonic's roots" for a while now and not to mention the love for most retro showing's like Green Hill and classic Sonic getting his own art with "25th anniversary" plastered on it. It just looks like SEGA is going to be putting this "back to Sonic's roots"on the foreground here.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
SEGA has been saying that for an incredibly long time doe, they've been saying that since that announced sonic 4 basically

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Lol, didn't SEGA apologize for all the bad stuff? I think they specifically made an apology to all Sonic fans for the poor quality, I don't really remember. I just remember laughing when they just decided to come out and say:

I'm still waiting for Jet Set Radio: Future HD, SEGA.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
What else could they be apologizing for? The only cow I see them milk is Sonic. When are we getting a NiGHTS 3, Sega? In the nights, dream delight.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't know how I'd feel if SEGA made the anni game a pure 2D. I mean, it would be cool but also a little disappointing.

All I want them to do is at then end have Classic, Modern and Boom all together, then have Classic and Modern go Super, charge at Robotnik/s then realise that Boom Donic can't/hasn't gone Super. That would be funny

Colors is like my favorite. I don't know why, there's just something about Colors that makes me like it above the rest. Then again I really like Unleashed day time stages and the "Woo!" Sonic does when boosting. Just makes me feel the speed lol.

Any stage that isn't Eggmanland or Shamar. I just like Jungle Joyride the most because it's so beautiful. Its just a really beautiful stage, I kinda want to visit the real world location, but I don't know where it is lol. Might have to visit the Sonic wiki and find out. Eggmanland is FAAAAAR too long for my liking and its horrible, I can't see why anybody would prefer that stage over any of the others. It was torture and extremely frustrating for the hotdog challenges. Shamar was pretty boring in terms of appearance really, just didn't stand out too much for me. Spagonia is my second favorite stage I believe.

Yep, that's about it. I'm not sure what's the cause of my down fall. I'm more into doubles anyway, team combos are amazing lol. And of course, happy to see Sonic having so many reps in Smash4. I think he has one top spots when it comes to representatives.
Oh, I'm not saying that Colours is bad, it was actually a very good game (save some of the 2D levels)

I'm just sad I haven't been able to experience the other 3D Sonic games like you guys.

Also, since I haven't seen those stages I can't really judge but I just said Rooftop run cause the music. That sweet sweet music

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
There's a lot of brony's on Sonic's board lol.
Naw, man. I've already bailed out of the Sonic fandom. That part of me is GONE! It's just people quoting two month old posts that I make that pisses me off.

I know that Cammy is probably going to kill me for giving up Sonic the Hedgehog for Xenoblade Chronicles, but it really IS possible to lose admiration for Sonic.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So i just found out the Classic Sonic is now official 'Pixel' Sonic.

Why SEGA/ Just, why?

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
So i just found out the Classic Sonic is now official 'Pixel' Sonic.

Why SEGA/ Just, why?

I'm convinced that was either a mistake or just a questionable wording choice, but i also feel like that name was used for the sake of those not familiar with classic sonic. The post that comes from as a whole doesn't feel aimed specifically at sonic fans imo

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Didn't they also say Boom Sonic was "Modern" Sonic and Modern Sonic was "Classic" Sonic? Lol. Go home, SEGA, you're drunk.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm convinced that was either a mistake or just a questionable wording choice, but i also feel like that name was used for the sake of those not familiar with classic sonic. The post that comes from as a whole doesn't feel aimed specifically at sonic fans imo
Still a really stupid name. Though i cause it makes sense in the long term, since Modern Sonic could easily become Classic Sonic.

Ah, Remember when Sonic was just Sonic, the good ol' days
Sonic is become the new Link

Top Bottom