• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
I actually enjoyed some of the werehog levels, it was when I had to do time trails is when those levels become painstakingly annoying, especially Eggman Empire or land, the last level. I've been trying to get all the achievements in both Generations and Unleashed (360). I started Unleashed over because I do really enjoy it, I made the mistake of selling Generation...probably going to pick it up again. Either that or replay Colors or Lost World

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
The slowest? Have you never played Sonic 06? I'm not even sure I can QSS in this one XD

When talking about speed in Unleashed or actually...when referring to Unleashed period we don't discuss the Werehog, that's just ew. We only mean Sonic and his day time goodness lol. Though my opinion has changed since I got the acceleration ability, I forgot about the customization and all such in this game. It's been years since I last played, I don't even have my oringal save file. Gah. Starting from scratch sucks :'(
Oh yeah Sonic 06 is another crappy slow game but only really if you're playing Silver's missons lmao

Sonic day time missions is all that made unleashed good but then they made Sonic generations so Unleashed is invalid to me completely now :)

And yeah the werehog sucks. And we're really really not alone in thinking that don't worry. I only liked the free roam in unleashed a LOT. Like buying the collectible stuff from that merchant. I don't know why but I always found that really fun xD

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
I only liked the free roam in unleashed a LOT. Like buying the collectible stuff from that merchant. I don't know why but I always found that really fun xD
Same! That was one of my favorite parts, especially seeing all the different locations based on real parts of the world, I wished there was more. I'm sad they didn't continue to use that model, reminded me of Adventure 1.

In my perfect world, the next Sonic game would have a huge open world map that you can freely boost and run around while you search for the action stages, once again ala adventure

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Oh yeah Sonic 06 is another crappy slow game but only really if you're playing Silver's missons lmao
Excluding the mach speed sections in Sonic's stages even Sonic was pretty damn slow by default. Unless you get that dash upgrade and since the game didn't program Sonic to drain his special meter like it was supposed to he can do it infinitely. Go out to the large open area where the forest is and try running out there as Sonic with any upgrades and you'll see how slow the game is lol. Sonic should've been running like how he does with the dash upgrade regularly.

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Excluding the mach speed sections in Sonic's stages even Sonic was pretty damn slow by default. Unless you get that dash upgrade and since the game didn't program Sonic to drain his special meter like it was supposed to he can do it infinitely. Go out to the large open area where the forest is and try running out there as Sonic with any upgrades and you'll see how slow the game is lol. Sonic should've been running like how he does with the dash upgrade regularly.
Even those parts where slow, because I would keep dying and having to constantly start over...that poor game. I remember seeing the first trailer and losing my **** because it looked so cool....dang it SEGA, pulling on my heart strings

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I bought a 360 for that game lol. RIP me. I was young and naive. The world was so much brighter and free of worry and doubt but once I popped it in and got to the kiss it was time to say goodbye to the things I loved and the innocence of youth.

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I bought a 360 for that game lol. RIP me. I was young and naive. The world was so much brighter and free of worry and doubt but once I popped it in and got to the kiss it was time to say goodbye to the things I loved and the innocence of youth.
I got a 360 for that game too, regretted it but then later didn't when other amazing games DID come out lmao.

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
RIP Spitfire16's youth

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I kinda grew up in an era where anthropomorphic characters had human lovers so that's not really a problem, my problem was seeing romance in Sonic, it felt so out of place, I didn't know what to think back in my younger days. I was confused and casually went about the final battle with Solaris afterward. I drew an actual mental blank XD

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Do the red rings even do anything in generations? In Colors they let you go Super Sonic but what do they do in Generations? I'm pretty sure getting them all is a trophy.
Getting all 5 rings in an act nets you an equipable skill for that respective Sonic. A couple are useless (pushing blocks faster as Classic Sonic and Quickstepping on the Board as Modern Sonic), but others can be fun (classic homing attack, becoming faster at everything as modern, classic skateboard anywhere, the mid air spin thing from S3&K, etc). I only wish that there were skills to allow use of Pink Spikes and Orange Rocket outside of their intended stages.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Getting all 5 rings in an act nets you an equipable skill for that respective Sonic. A couple are useless (pushing blocks faster as Classic Sonic and Quickstepping on the Board as Modern Sonic), but others can be fun (classic homing attack, becoming faster at everything as modern, classic skateboard anywhere, the mid air spin thing from S3&K, etc). I only wish that there were skills to allow use of Pink Spikes and Orange Rocket outside of their intended stages.
Gotcha. So by getting all the red rings it'll get me toward the Mad Skillz trophy too. I can kill two birds with one stone, yay.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
First off Unleashed on PS3 is great. Daytime stages are really fun and night time stages, while inferior, still let you pull off cool combos if you look for them, and I enjoyed some of the platforming.

Second, it's not really beastiality in Sonic 06 when it happens, it's more like necrophilia or assault because Sonic didn't consent to that kiss (still haven't beaten 06 but seen the cutscene). Either way, I feel like there are other times in cartoons where humans and animals fall in love although I can't think of any examples.

Also for the 25th anniversary I was thinking of playing all the games throughout this year and making reviews for them. Either on youtube or reddit. I really enjoy this series even though I only really started playing it like 2 or 3 years ago, and I want to get better at reviewing things because I feel like I have opinions that are often controversial that I like to share and justify. Would that be a good idea?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Either way, I feel like there are other times in cartoons where humans and animals fall in love although I can't think of any examples.
The only examples off the top of my head are the Bugs Bunny in Drag and Elmer Fudd thing they sometimes did (Which is all for humor) and Jessica Rabbit & Roger Rabbit in Who Framed Roger Rabbit though that's different since the whole toon world is crazy that everything for the most part is out of the ordinary.

Between Sonic & Elise the intention was to make us take it seriously and between a cartoon hedgehog and a realistic looking human.

What Sonic & Elise should of been is something similar to this one Season 1 Sonic X episode where Sonic takes the President's physically disabled (She's restrained to a wheelchair) daughter and shows her the time of her life so she doesn't feel so sheltered. It's just Sonic giving a little girl some excitement in her life rather then being cooped up with her high-rank family. That's what they should of done with Sonic & Elise instead of the awkward romance angle.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I believe Helen wasn't the presidents daughter. She had regular parents and stuff, her mom and dad were always busy with work so they could pay for her handicap necessities and its because of that they never really had time for her, she was more lonely and thought nobody really had time for her because of the wheelchair and such.

What was the point of that, right? Lol. I watched every episode as Sonic X when I was a kid and I still remember the details XD

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Okay, here are some things.

1. I'm mad because for some reason, even though I've had this forum watched since forever, I'm suddenly not getting notifications for this thread, and of course this happens when this Social suddenly gets a (Sonic) boom in popularity.

2. I'm seeing a lot of new faces, so welcome. Sorry I have been absent, but in addition to being busy, as I said, I wasn't getting properly notified about new posts here. A little salty about that. Missed a lot of conversation points. Regardless, I hope you're all enjoying your time so far.

3. Please stop double posting. I've been super lax about it since it's a Social and have only been giving warnings, but everyone should know by now that it's against the rules and I will infract in the future if I see a repeated offence. It's so easy just to edit your own post and add more to it.
Also, Cammy, after watching you play, I tried incorporating that uthrow> read airdodge>dair.

That stuff works!
Yeah, that's why I do it. It's godlike.
You never saw 6WX do that? :O
Why does he have to get credited for literally everything? There are so many Sonics to learn from.
Everyone talking about a setup that I've been doing since brawl.

Feels bad. :applejack:
Spring > Dair is immensely more potent in this game engine than it was in Brawl.
Someone tell me im crazy. Are the hitboxes of our spins improved? Ive been spinning into countless projectiles and either clanking or outright beating them, when they used to beat me.
You're crazy.
Sonic should be removed from smash 4 because reasons. Also hi.

Edit: is the Skype group still a thing? Ive been living under a rock for 6 months.

:093:
Hi.

It sorta is.
Anyone just see 6WX vs False at KTAR XVI? That was a close set.
I was there when it happened.

I screamed when he got the ISDJ > Fair kill. I specifically screamed, "INSTANT SPIN DASH JUMP... I TAUGHT HIM THAT" and a lot of people laughed but I don't think they actually believed me RIP.
Cool news Mr.Cam Person.
Is that who I am to you?
Im like 90% sure the reason S3 isnt ported is because of music issues so its a pipe dream
They can just use the S3&K soundtrack, considering that was the obstacle they faced then too.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I loved seeing 6WX get that ISDJ to fair because i just did that myself recently and it feels so good to do, i love it.

Anyways i've had that happen a few times to Camalange Camalange so im not sure what the deal is

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I loved seeing 6WX get that ISDJ to fair because i just did that myself recently and it feels so good to do, i love it.

Anyways i've had that happen a few times to Camalange Camalange so im not sure what the deal is
Me neither. It's probably BSBS irl.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Is there a difference in the OSTs? As far as I knew they both used the same versions for the stages that may cause issues (Like Ice Cap)
If you play the "& Knuckles" version of Sonic 3, it replaces tracks. I forget all of which, but I know it definitely changed out the very Michael Jackson boss music.

"The game uses Sonic & Knuckles' sound bank exclusively, which means that the songs that were different between Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles (which include the title screen, 1-up, and invincibility sounds, as well as the mid-level boss music, Knuckles' theme and end credits theme) use only the Sonic & Knuckles version."

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
If you play the "& Knuckles" version of Sonic 3, it replaces tracks. I forget all of which, but I know it definitely changed out the very Michael Jackson boss music.

"The game uses Sonic & Knuckles' sound bank exclusively, which means that the songs that were different between Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles (which include the title screen, 1-up, and invincibility sounds, as well as the mid-level boss music, Knuckles' theme and end credits theme) use only the Sonic & Knuckles version."

Huh, interesting, never knew that actually happened.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Why does he have to get credited for literally everything? There are so many Sonics to learn from.
I ain't mean anything by it, I guess I was just saying since he's the most well known Sonic main. I don't give him credit for every little thing lol, I have more Sanic players I learn from, like yourself. I've learned a lot of fundamentals from 6WX but my playstyle overall improved by watching you for example, or at least I feel like it did but I think you should already know that lol, I've sent videos of myself practicing tech you demonstrated just to show I've managed to do it XD

Is that who I am to you?
Course not, sempie.

Awesome! Here's hoping that the Sonics go far.
We usually do :3

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
1. I'm mad because for some reason, even though I've had this forum watched since forever, I'm suddenly not getting notifications for this thread, and of course this happens when this Social suddenly gets a (Sonic) boom in popularity.
Literally the exact same thing happened to me. forums y u do this

Unrelated topic: Do any of you guys play Diablo 3? It just got updated, and my clan's gone AWOL, so I'm looking for some bros to hang with.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@Kupo Rose Got past round 1 of pools at G3!

SO ****ING HAPPY FOR HIM RIGHT NOW OMFG
Woo!
I ain't mean anything by it, I guess I was just saying since he's the most well known Sonic main. I don't give him credit for every little thing lol, I have more Sanic players I learn from, like yourself. I've learned a lot of fundamentals from 6WX but my playstyle overall improved by watching you for example, or at least I feel like it did but I think you should already know that lol, I've sent videos of myself practicing tech you demonstrated just to show I've managed to do it XD
Nah, I understand. It's cool.
Course not, sempie.
<3
Kill it.

Literally the exact same thing happened to me. forums y u do this
It's whack.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC