• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Not since I was last here haha. Been too busy with work and **** but Christmas is over now so I need to get back into the swing of things. What nerfs have i missed since I've been away? About to fire up smash for the first time in forever. Sonics jab causes a SD now?

:092:
Never thought I'd see you come back. Also I'm a vegetarian sonic main so am I dead to people or is vegan steak okay?

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs

God ISDJ and its alternative are quite tricky to pull off, but made this all the more satisfying.

Also on the subject of sonic, if he were to be reworked I'd like if more sonic battle moves were added like the sonic wave and eagle kick (thanks project m love u) and maybe some reworking on other moves. I like what we have but it's hard to remember that even some of his moves do come from a sonic game (fighters) and that's just always been a choice that throws me off.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
So I asked someone if the Brawl model was the same/modeled after the 06 Model of Sonic so he sent me this....

I think we can say.... "Yeah".

Luig

Confused
I've been trying to incorporate more Sonic tech into my play, so this was pretty satisfying to pull off.

I'm trying to get more consistent at ISDJ.

A 35% combo always feels good.

Last edited:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I've been trying to incorporate more Sonic tech into my play, so this was pretty satisfying to pull off.

I'm trying to get more consistent at ISDJ.

A 35% combo always feels good.
Kinda why I love fighting heavy characters as Sonic.The combo food is delicious.

I mostly use ISDJ as an anti air tech, mind game, or a way of approach/keepaway. I should try using it for combos sometime.
I love doing it when puffs try to time me out by playing keep away on the edge of the stage. They never expect to see the tech come out but when it does I tackle them with the jump and then follow up with a Fair or Bair, its great. I even managed to get a Bowser into a ISDJ into meteor the day Cloud released during a team match, I nearly passed out XD

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I mostly just throw out ISDJ whenever I feel like it and sometimes it leads into stuff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I'm still kind of inconsistent with it, so

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh wow, a lot of good talks happened here.

I don't have time to respond yet, but definitely felt this needed to be posted ASAP.

25thanversaryadvert1.png

25thdetails.png

My reaction:

pleasemakeagoodgame.png

:093:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Cool news Mr.Cam Person. I'm wondering what's in store for Sonic fans in 2016. The rumors of the side scrolling anniversary title makes me wonder if that's all we'll really be getting, assuming its true. I've been aching for a new Sonic game, I'm on the verge of platinuming Unleashed, just have to do Mazuri, Spagonia, Empire City, Shamar and Adabat's hot dog missions. Thank the lord I managed to get Eggmanland's done tonight.

I'm gonna tackle Generations next and platinum that then move onto Sonic&Sega All-Stars Racing to get that platinum. Geez...might as well just platinum all my games involving Sanic, except Transformed since there is a trophy involving certain conditions being met online with friends and depressingly enough I have no friends for that.

That aside it makes me wish I wasn't so lazy when I was a little younger, good thing I already did most of everything is the games though.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Where is the Dreamcast era? I mean, it's clear that the boom is a new era.... but where's ryan?
Uh... smack dab there in the middle? The main Sonic design has kept the Sonic Adventure designs (except maybe a few minor tweaks sometimes) since 1999 :S

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
This looks really cool tbh.
Adventure sonic was planned for generations, but ryan wouldn't do his voice.
Where did you find that? Personally I don't think that sounds like Ryan at all after seeing his reaction to not being Sonic's voice for Sonic X (aka most underrated anime ever imo) and how he mentioned that he thought it was "his part".

Luig

Confused
This looks really cool tbh.

Where did you find that? Personally I don't think that sounds like Ryan at all after seeing his reaction to not being Sonic's voice for Sonic X (aka most underrated anime ever imo) and how he mentioned that he thought it was "his part".

SonicMario

Smash Master
Eh it's kinda true that the Sonic design now is somewhat taller. But I don't see it quite as a different Sonic altogether. There's obvious redesigns when compared to Classic and Boom (Boom Sonic has significantly less differences then Classic. But Sonic being made even taller, scarf, and the Sports tape is enough to make it significantly different) But not so much between Modern and Sonic and the supposed Dreamcast-era Sonic for me to consider them different Sonic's.

And I thought the Ryan Drummond Generations story was that before Roger was hired to voice Sonic they were going to bring Ryan back to voice Sonic once again. But then Sega said Ryan had to leave his voice actors union in order to do so. Which he refused. It's a shame too, I would of loved to have Ryan voice Sonic again. Still my favorite Sonic voice (Even if some of the lines written for Sonic back in the day even in the Adventure games weren't the best. But I blame the Sega writing team and the voice directors. Cause otherwise Ryan's voice for Sonic is my favorite in terms of how he sounds)

If there was a Dreamcast Sonic meant for Generations. That would mean part of the game would be Sonic Adventure styled. And I don't know about you, but if Sega had planned that. They would of gone with it even without Ryan because that's something you plan at the game's conception. But thinking about it, it'd be cool if that did happen. Cause then Generations could truly of united the 3 major sub-fanbases of the Sonic games (Classic, Adventure, and Boost Styles). I probably would of liked Generations alot more if they had Adventure styled versions of all the levels.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Social media designs were updated too.

12493955_10153827950477418_2929056816404794366_o.png

922825_10153827948512418_2094941259970216052_n.jpg

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Social media designs were updated too.

View attachment 91881

View attachment 91880

Perhaps we'll get a Sonic Generations 2? Just a thought that's even unliklier than SA3. I came to this from the new social media designs because of how many references to Sonic 1 there are just from those two pics.
Eh it's kinda true that the Sonic design now is somewhat taller. But I don't see it quite as a different Sonic altogether. There's obvious redesigns when compared to Classic and Boom (Boom Sonic has significantly less differences then Classic. But Sonic being made even taller, scarf, and the Sports tape is enough to make it significantly different) But not so much between Modern and Sonic and the supposed Dreamcast-era Sonic for me to consider them different Sonic's.

And I thought the Ryan Drummond Generations story was that before Roger was hired to voice Sonic they were going to bring Ryan back to voice Sonic once again. But then Sega said Ryan had to leave his voice actors union in order to do so. Which he refused. It's a shame too, I would of loved to have Ryan voice Sonic again. Still my favorite Sonic voice (Even if some of the lines written for Sonic back in the day even in the Adventure games weren't the best. But I blame the Sega writing team and the voice directors. Cause otherwise Ryan's voice for Sonic is my favorite in terms of how he sounds)

If there was a Dreamcast Sonic meant for Generations. That would mean part of the game would be Sonic Adventure styled. And I don't know about you, but if Sega had planned that. They would of gone with it even without Ryan because that's something you plan at the game's conception. But thinking about it, it'd be cool if that did happen. Cause then Generations could truly of united the 3 major sub-fanbases of the Sonic games (Classic, Adventure, and Boost Styles). I probably would of liked Generations alot more if they had Adventure styled versions of all the levels.
If Generations had the "Dreamcast-Era" Sonic, it would be nice to have Adventure esque levels as SA2 was one of the Sonic games I grew up with (that and Sonic 3 & Knuckles). However, while it would seem normal here in America, I don't know how it would be in Japan in terms of dialogue since Sonic has had the same Japanese voice actor since Adventure 1 whereas America has had three over the course of the franchise. Granted Japan can often put up with a lot more things in video games than America, but even they would think it's wierd how two different Sonics had the same voice actor. To be fair classic and modern Eggman have the same voice actor in both Japan and America, but I feel that they may have had plans to get Eggman's original voice actor, too. Maybe for the Adventure Eggman? Idk, just a couple thoughts I had.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I'm hoping we get Sonic Chronicles 2 eventually. Give that to Square Enix for gameplay and have Sonic Team oversee the game, or whoever was the main writer for the first one. What if it was a classic Sonic game? I think I heard something about Izuka saying he was thinking of giving classic Sonic his own game? This was back when Generations was released or so, it might've been a rumor, I can't really remember when or where I heard that.

Since we're seeing a lot of classic callbacks with these pictures I'm thinking it'll be that. All this speculation is making my head spin. So many possibilities.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Oh that song..... I figured someone would make that joke. Gg.
I'm hoping we get Sonic Chronicles 2 eventually. Give that to Square Enix for gameplay and have Sonic Team oversee the game, or whoever was the main writer for the first one. What if it was a classic Sonic game? I think I heard something about Izuka saying he was thinking of giving classic Sonic his own game? This was back when Generations was released or so, it might've been a rumor, I can't really remember when or where I heard that..
Despite my eternal detest for Chronicles, a sequel wouldn't be a bad idea. And having Square work on it instead of Bioware (the developer Chronicles) considering how they do rpgs now I don't think would make it work. Especially since the FF7 remake is now a whole new rpg rather than turn based like the original.
Ah... Sonic music... So amazing. That reminds me: I need to find a copy of Sonic Colors.
I'd like to be like Shia Labeouf and say JUST DO IT, but I'm not exactly sure if you can find a copy at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'd like to be like Shia Labeouf and say JUST DO IT, but I'm not exactly sure if you can find a copy at a reasonable price.
There used to be a ton of them for about 20 USD at Best Buys, Gamestops, and Targets near me. Problem is, well, college and a giant backlog, so... yeah. Eh, maybe it'll be on Virtual Console or something.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Sonic Colors goes for about $19.99 in stores these days. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the person I was trying to help :/
I'm hoping we get Sonic Chronicles 2 eventually. Give that to Square Enix for gameplay and have Sonic Team oversee the game, or whoever was the main writer for the first one.
Same here man. We probably won't see Shade and the other Echindas come back though because of Ken Penders shenanigans. -_-

I just want another Sonic RPG though. Another good spinoff idea would be an action RPG for Sonic that could basically play like Phantasy Star Online but faster. I'd absolutely love to see that.

Last edited:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Oh that song..... I figured someone would make that joke. Gg.

Despite my eternal detest for Chronicles, a sequel wouldn't be a bad idea.
I never had a problem with the gameplay of Chronicles, some didn't like it for that reason I hear, for the very first Sonic RPG it wasn't a bad first step. I would've expected someone to follow up on it. The main thing I enjoyed about Chronicles was the story though, I enjoyed Shade's character and wanted to see more of her. I also enjoyed seeing a lot of the characters interacting with one another, even...Big...tagged along for the ride....oh god. I just want to see the rest of the story, that's why I'm still hoping for a Chronicles 2. We get a Sonic Rivals 2 but no Chronicles 2? Wut? I don't have anything against Rivals, I actually enjoyed it whenever I had to leave home and move about lol.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
There used to be a ton of them for about 20 USD at Best Buys, Gamestops, and Targets near me. Problem is, well, college and a giant backlog, so... yeah. Eh, maybe it'll be on Virtual Console or something.
Sonic Colors goes for about $19.99 in stores these days. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the person I was trying to help :/
Well, that's a good thing, then. Colors is an amazing game indeed (my personal favorite in the series) so I'm happy that people still sell it.

I never had a problem with the gameplay of Chronicles, some didn't like it for that reason I hear, for the very first Sonic RPG it wasn't a bad first step. I would've expected someone to follow up on it. The main thing I enjoyed about Chronicles was the story though, I enjoyed Shade's character and wanted to see more of her. I also enjoyed seeing a lot of the characters interacting with one another, even...Big...tagged along for the ride....oh god. I just want to see the rest of the story, that's why I'm still hoping for a Chronicles 2. We get a Sonic Rivals 2 but no Chronicles 2? Wut? I don't have anything against Rivals, I actually enjoyed it whenever I had to leave home and move about lol.
Well, too each their own. I find Big the Cat the most overhated thing in the history of overhated things, but even I have to say that when he's better than most of the other characters in terms of gameplay, then you have made some serious mistakes.

Though I guess I should be a little less harsh towards Chronicles considering that it was the first Sonic rpg (even though Bioware knows exactly how to make a good rpg since they made Mass Effect (btw I haven't played those games but I've heard that they're good games)). Nevertheless, I still stand that it's the worst game I've ever played, but if other people like it, then it's cool with me.

In fact, if others like it then they have my respect for putting up with a game I couldn't even stand playing through (and I've played 06 fyi).

Last edited by a moderator:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Good. You don't ever want part of that. That's what I get for being optimistic. I think we can all agree this is the real Sonic Boom.

Last edited:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Just going to jump right in, I have a weird interest in Chronicles. Firstly, I love how it's the first sonic rpg and I hope more are made, but the gameplay was so....slow. All the battles were slow paced and walking around took forever if you didn't know what to do. I would love a new rpg by a different developer and have it not necessarily be affiliated with Chronicles, but have some of its elements in it.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
There's a few things I'd like to see Sonic tackle but I'm afraid the community would be too cruel for accepting the new. Lots of fans aren't too keen on that kind of thing. Maybe its the way the new is executed, kinda surprised most still just want Sonic being 2D.

Top Bottom