• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
You know, as I was collecting all the medals, they wanted you to kinda search around in some of the daytime levels as well. One of the most notable ones for me was in Apotos. One of the moon medals was far off the track, near the beginning after passing the first checkpoint. There's a small little section that branches off and moves on to this scenic area and one of the medals was hidden along the tables. It took me a while to find it actually, had to resort to YouTube because I had no idea they would want us to do all that, especially during Sonic's sections lol.

Also, here's a random thing, would anybody want to see a Sonic Battle 2? On consoles and handhelds with a bigger roster of characters and a ton more locations, online support and all. I doubt it'd really be a Smash Brothers clone, I'm thinking it'd be better suited in full 3D like how the Ultimate Ninja Storm series is.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Smashboards WHYYYYYY!!!!! I know I blacked out in my car last week but COME ON!!! Could you at least let me see what people are posting on this thread?!?!? I had to miss Genesis because of that black out, so hearing about 6WX now feels....(insert aggravation sound here).

Anyways, I wish I knew how to change my username because the name Sensane is not only dumb, but apparently if you look it up on YouTube you'll find a channel that makes wedding videos and only has about 3 or 4 subs. I want to be known as NecromanceRr now. So, now I'll begin with my responses:
What?! You blacked out in your car? Are you okay? What happened?

As for your username, if you want to change it, you can get a Premium account, but that require your to pay for you to get it or for someone to gift you one

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
What?! You blacked out in your car? Are you okay? What happened?
Yeah, I'm fine now, thanks for asking :).

But tbh it wasn't that bad; I just passed out after turning off my car because I wasn't taking a medicine that I was supposed to take every day, which caused minor personality disfunctions. But I'm fine now; I just had to take a break from Smash until I felt mentally stable enough to go.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't really see the point of making you pay money just to change your name. But whatever, it's not my site.
I mean, you get more features than just changing your name. All I was saying is that if you want to change your name, that is the only way I know.

Yeah, I'm fine now, thanks for asking :).

But tbh it wasn't that bad; I just passed out after turning off my car because I wasn't taking a medicine that I was supposed to take every day, which caused minor personality disfunctions. But I'm fine now; I just had to take a break from Smash until I felt mentally stable enough to go.
Oh, well that's good to hear. I was worried it happened while you were driving. That would have been dangerous.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im cool with everything sonic has and is right now, all i want is old up smash back.

Im fine with terrible killing power because of our mobility and combos, but as slow and unsafe and laggy as it is, i thought it was fair for it to be as strong as it was. Or at least a bit stronger than it is now

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
TBH I wish we had Brawl dsmash back. That **** was a miracle worker on covering rolls. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd take old Dsmash back.

And I agree that Usmash was unjustly nerfed. Bottom tier Smash attack, tbh. The KO power was the trade-off. Now it's actually ****.

:093:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
TBH I wish we had Brawl dsmash back. That **** was a miracle worker on covering rolls. :applejack:
Yeah, it was a pretty unique Dsmash. Though the new one isn't so bad. maybe if they added more power his old one.

I'd take old Dsmash back.

And I agree that Usmash was unjustly nerfed. Bottom tier Smash attack, tbh. The KO power was the trade-off. Now it's actually ****.

What if they reduce start up and endlag but left the kill power as it is?

Also, am I the only one who wishes they'd make Sonic's HA more like PM/more like it is in Sonics games (i.e. it goes start at opponents rather than curving, was quicker and he did a trick after attacking)?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I agree that Sonic should have his PM d-smash. That was a great move.

If the endlag on his u-smash was reduced it still wouldn't fix it as characters would fall out. One time I was fighting a yoshi and I came at him with a running u-smash and only got one hit on him with it while the rest of the move just whiffed. Why did they have to nerf it so?!?!?!?

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I mean sure, Up and Down smash are kinda awful (Dsmash slightly less so), but we do have one of the absolute best Forward smashes in the game. Seems like a fair enough trade off to me.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Dsmash would be good if our legs had intangibility like fox's......makes no sense why his is literally twice as fast, KO's like nearly 20~30% earlier and has an overall larger disjoint due to intangibility on his legs.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
but S4nix is fast guys, he is top tier liek shiek. spin dash and charge (i dunno which LOL) is op and sproing sends him waaaay 2 high and can attack after. he should be nerfed imo lololol

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Also, here's a random thing, would anybody want to see a Sonic Battle 2? On consoles and handhelds with a bigger roster of characters and a ton more locations, online support and all. I doubt it'd really be a Smash Brothers clone, I'm thinking it'd be better suited in full 3D like how the Ultimate Ninja Storm series is.
OMG YES!! I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who loves that game. I'd love to see how Silver, Blaze, and Jet would translate into the game style.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Especially since his upsmash used to be very useful, at least from my recollection.
The thing is imo his u-smash was WORSE in Brawl. Give sm4sh credit for at least trying to keep your opponent in all the hits. Brawl's not only had trouble doing that, but it couldn't kill until absurdly high percents.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I like Dmash. It's a nice move. Little slow, but still good.

As for Usmash. Eh, I don't ever use it anymore.Would prefer Utilt of Usmash.

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
The thing is imo his u-smash was WORSE in Brawl. Give sm4sh credit for at least trying to keep your opponent in all the hits. Brawl's not only had trouble doing that, but it couldn't kill until absurdly high percents.
Yeah the upsmash in Brawl was only good for getting the percentage up higher, but even then it wasn't reliable. And Sm4sh's upsmash used to be awesome, but now it's just okay. I do miss his d-smash from brawl, not because of Techincal reasons, just it was more into his character, felt more Sonic-y then his new Fox/Falco splits kick, but that's just sonic fan me talking.

Also hell yea to Sonic Battle 2.

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Sonic is probably one of the characters that Sakurai would be very hesitant to buff due to how many people at lower levels have trouble with him (probably his logic for also not buffing Samus). I love my character and all, but I don't blame Sakurai for not wanting to buff him. He's pretty annoying to fight.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I think that is quite possibly the craziest Sonic combo I've ever witnessed. Using the second Dair right as the first one auto cancelled was a stroke of genius.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The timing on that is really hard, so I give the set-up credit. It's flashy as heck.

Though, after looking at the source video, the shield break is beyond questionable.

Either people on For Glory are truly this bad to hold shield that long (which is possible) or it was staged to just show off the cool combo.

Also, is it just me, or does Cloud return to neutral in time put up his shield before the Spring hits him?

I'm being very critical, I know.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
The timing on that is really hard, so I give the set-up credit. It's flashy as heck.

Though, after looking at the source video, the shield break is beyond questionable.

Either people on For Glory are truly this bad to hold shield that long (which is possible) or it was staged to just show off the cool combo.

Also, is it just me, or does Cloud return to neutral in time put up his shield before the Spring hits him?

Nothing wrong with that. You work hard to get good at the game, and it comes with the territory.

I'm honestly 50/50 on whether it was staged or not, but I don't really care because it's so cool. =P

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
All likely hood it was just the player setting up the combo just to show his skill, but nevertheless it's still cool.

random topic, has there been any word on this so called Sonic the Hedgehog movie? And am I the only one that doesn't want it to happen? Cuz I mean come on, Video game movies in the past haven't been that well received, and with Sonic's track record amongst the public, I don't think he's going to be changing the game for video game films. Maybe Assasins Creed will change the game but I'll remain skeptical

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
That turned me on. A lot harder than it should have. Oh my goodness, lawd Jeezus, take me away. I've seen all I needed to see here. However looking at the original source why in god's name would he hold the shield that long? Gonna try and recreate that though. Time to dust off the GC controller.

random topic, has there been any word on this so called Sonic the Hedgehog movie? And am I the only one that doesn't want it to happen?
Ever since I was a kid I've been hoping for a Sonic movie, I thought the OVA was a movie but it wasn't, just two episodes together and made into one on VHS and DVD. I'm not too sure how it'll work out though, after the whole thing with Pixel's I'm a bit nervous. I don't want them to butcher a Sonic movie, let alone his first(technically second, Wreck-It Ralph boys) theatrical debut.

I love my character and all, but I don't blame Sakurai for not wanting to buff him. He's pretty annoying to fight.
Yep. The thing about Sonic mains is that I think we know we can be annoying to fight but we still love going fast regardless of it. I know I can't stand fighting Sonic, participating in salty Sonic ditto's or just mirror matches in general, kinda why I hate only being good with one character. Not only that he's still one of the top characters, still living the high life, still in the top 10. He's fine and I'm betting its staying that way lol.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
All likely hood it was just the player setting up the combo just to show his skill, but nevertheless it's still cool.

random topic, has there been any word on this so called Sonic the Hedgehog movie? And am I the only one that doesn't want it to happen? Cuz I mean come on, Video game movies in the past haven't been that well received, and with Sonic's track record amongst the public, I don't think he's going to be changing the game for video game films. Maybe Assasins Creed will change the game but I'll remain skeptical
Well, the Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper movies look pretty good.

Not bad.

Though i like the Robin one more.

Now that you mention it, it does seem a little to prefect.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94

I think I managed to mimic it. Probably not a perfect replica, I was too impatient for doing the shield break animation each time I messed up so I stopped and just had Mario stand there instead. I had to pull a Sakurai and play with two controllers but after failing a few times I got something and I'm done for tonight. I got the meteor a bit earlier in the video but I wasn't close enough to the edge to get the kill. I stopped playing Generations for that XD

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Well, let's see:
It's supposed to be live action with cg animation and Megan Fox is already confirmed to be in it. I think it's going to suck.
Sonic is probably one of the characters that Sakurai would be very hesitant to buff due to how many people at lower levels have trouble with him (probably his logic for also not buffing Samus). I love my character and all, but I don't blame Sakurai for not wanting to buff him. He's pretty annoying to fight.
I recently played a Sonic ditto and I didn't have much trouble fighting. It kinda felt a lot like facing myself, which is something that I find to be an enjoyable experience.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was for glory. It's not a good place to be for reasons like this. For Glory? More like For Chumpies.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94

:sonic:My Journey is over :4sonic:

Seriously though, I could've sworn that Time Attacker trophy glitched on me, not inputting my runs. I was about to snap. Had to go to google and see if there was a solution only find out it was a pretty big problem across multiple platforms, the leaderboards not registering player times/ scores and such. I re-ran Green Hill like 5 times.

Whatever! Nobody cares XD I got my Sonic games completed so I'm happy, now to await his PS4 debut.

Last edited:

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
Espy Rose Espy Rose , did you participate to G3 ? I remember a trailer announced you would be involved in but I don't know if you actually did ? If so, how did it go for you ?

Was Komorikiri Vs Marss streamed ? I missed a lot of games as I am from France and you know, local time Vs american time = hard to be awake for the whole competition. From the few games I saw, I've only seen Komorikiri using Sonic, now that I know he used Cloud, I want to know when he did it.

I am starting to think that even the best Sonic players are tired of all the efforts needed to play the character. Plus, we really are never rewarded for anything... When Sonic wins, he is too powerful, but when he consistently loses, he doesn't drop in the tier list. All the hard work of the players is masked behind the hate of the community. I really feel it is a hard time to be a Sonic player, a Sonic fan...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, let's see:
It's supposed to be live action with cg animation and Megan Fox is already confirmed to be in it. I think it's going to suck.
Is this Assassins Creed or Sonic? If Sonic.

Gods dam ****.

Why SEGA?!

Top Bottom