• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Sonic Heroes was pretty much the first sucky sonic game. Although Hell Metal Sonic was cool. Also it had some decent songs.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic Heroes wasn't sucky imo... Just really okay.

It was just a not so exciting follow-up to SA2B.

:093:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sonic Labyrinth tho.

Can go all kinds of wrong with Slow-Down Sneakers.
I think they mean the first sucky mainstream Sonic Heroes.
Although I would argue that while the best parts of Sonic Adventure are better than Sonic Heroes...
The worst parts are the worst ever. Fishing in a Sonic game? Ok.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

If I need to zoom in on the match, let me know. I'll go and rerecord it.

Points of interest are @0:04 and 0:45.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Doesn't seem unique to BSD unless it can be recreated on a flat, unmoving surface. This can be done with regular Spin Dash as well. Still cool though, but isn't an option on like, any legal stage >_>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Where does karnas shiek fit into all this ;b
Better than Denti's, just below Samboner's.

Sonic Heroes was pretty much the first sucky sonic game..
Hand in your Sonic card you filthy casual. Heroes was fine.
Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic Chaos (maybe), Tails Sky Patrol, Sonic Drift I and II. All pretty questionable Sonic games that happened before Heroes.

I'd put R there too, but R is bad enough that it's good.

stop hating espy
Who even are you? :applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Man, R is like, wonderfully awful.

everybody

EVERYBODY

EVERYBODAAAAAY

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I specifically used the Sonic R theme remix in my Spinshot video because I remember someone saying they didn't like the music in Sonic R.

That person was wrong.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I think you guys just thought sonic heroes was good. Seriously go back and play it. You will remember. People are strangely fond of that game. It's seriously one of the most bland sonic games. Although I give it credit for Hell Metal Sonic and Espio.

Sonic R has good music. It was fun for the first playthrough. Racing a human is terrible.

Sonic Adventure 3. That should be a thing..... that does not suck.

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Heroes for me was definitely not awful. It was not amazing by any means but I still play it from time to time. Just....**** the special stages...especially the 4th Emerald. That DAMN 4th Chaos Emerald was a ***** to get.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I never said it was great, but I don't think it's as bad as you say it is. The story at least had interesting moments and the general concept for the game was sound, just could've been executed better. There was nothing particularly broken about it or anything... Just like you said, it was sort of bland.

One of the few games though where I don't really care about the music? Seaside is like the level they always reference for Sonic Heroes and I think it's one of the most uninteresting Sonic songs ever. Guess it's fitting.

I honestly think if they just announced a true Sonic Adventure 3 game, that alone would get people interested in Sonic again, and as long as it includes a Chao Garden and they don't completely mess up the game, it would be well received.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Don't think it'd make a difference how bad the game was. Don't think the developers have got it in them to make something not ****. Surprised they've not killed sonic off for good yet, other big mascots have disappeared with nowhere near as many bad games. Crash bandicoot anyone?

:191:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well Crash was like, abandoned by Naughty Dog lol. Then another developer picked it up and basically ruined it forever.

I couldn't even tell you what happened to Spyro.

Left to die in Skylanders.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sega's been doing a good job on Sonic games as of late, actually. Big Red Button is the group who made Sonic Boom. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I guess technically you would say that Sonic Team has been doing a good job, since Sega was the one to decide that Big Red Button should work on Sonic Boom and not Sonic Team.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I remember trying to transcribe Diamond in the Sky for an english project waaay back when the game was released. No easy googling lyrics on the interwebz back then, so I tried to do it by ear.

One memorable line was "Another road that we must travel", which I misheard as "Another dawn, the grim struggle" LOL

Granted, I did NOT hear those exact words per se, but I tried to associate the sound with similar words in a (physical) dictionary and came up with that, alongside with the actual lyrics (night<->dawn, w/e. Of course "grim struggle" did not fit anywhere but I went with it anyway..).

I imagine the teacher reading that and giving it the weirdest look ever, but nonetheless I think my project was a breath of fresh air for her because I didn't use mainstream music that literally everyone else used.

Fun times.. Playing Saturn everyday after school with no worries whatsoever..

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It still boggles me that Sonic R's soundtrack was filled with romance songs.

Actually, it boggles me that 90s Sonic music were romance songs. Dreams Come True, You're My Hero, Sonic R, it's just, what.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man, another good one:

I used to listen to Sonic OSTs all day some years ago. I need to go back to them. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Everyone in here has the worst Sonic opinions except Cam and I. :applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Espy and I are in cahoots.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I've been listening to a lot of Sonic Adventure's soundtrack.

I love Invincible looped. Especially now that I'm done being sick, it's the perfect feeling.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Wait, that's not a Sonic song.

Ah well.

(Also Tropical Resort Act 1 and Windy and Ripply and Chrome Gadget are my fave Sonic songs)

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My childhood

Too bad I don't enjoy Sonic Adventure itself as much as I used to. Its kind of aged badly imo, mostly for the replay value, and the horrible fishing missions with Big the Cat. Thank god Sonic Team decided not to put Big in anymore games since 2012 and that he's officially been retired for the time being (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_fL0NRDYjw), although in a Nintendo Magazine interview they did say a fishing game starring Big (or another supporting Sonic character, as long as the focus is on the game itself more than just the character) is a possibility.

The_Paradiddler

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2397 7602 9504
I specifically used the Sonic R theme remix in my Spinshot video because I remember someone saying they didn't like the music in Sonic R.

That person was wrong.

Where can this spinshot vid be seen? Also CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE, DOES IT BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAYYYYY

[edit] jk found ittttt

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
although in a Nintendo Magazine interview they did say a fishing game starring Big (or another supporting Sonic character, as long as the focus is on the game itself more than just the character) is a possibility.
GOTY

Also lol funny to think about since Nintendo Magazine is dead now.
Where can this spinshot vid be seen? Also CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE, DOES IT BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAYYYYY

[edit] jk found ittttt
This guy gets it.

Also, Trent and I have been all about this gem from S3&K... Balloon Park is one of the multiplayer stage themes. We totally forgot it was remixed in Generations and we're so stoked about it. What a hidden gem.

Top Bottom