• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Cam, i already got the videos on my wii,just wait till i get these bad boys on youtube.
flame spindashes main main cons are all cons on the same level ofproblem as sonics spring not ledge snapping in brawl. as in its not really a problem if youre playing it right.

As far as the just frame aerials, thread explaining it seems to be saying that any character can do it

Edit i just spent an hour in training mode taking notes on flame spindash properties...

..and then my tablet died.
and im not typing it all again so you have 2 options
A. Call me and ill talk to you directly about what i figured out 5854142997
or b. Tune in to my stream show tonight at 7 pm est. Www.twitch.tv/SmashtheRoc

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I feel empty ...
even if i Won my first local minnor tournament with Sonic .
The final was Sonic vs Diddy . It was 4 game(3 you win ) , 3 stock , 5 min .
I was trying to be entertaining . but they all think i was trying to humiliate their local champ , they booed me ... I was just trying to be fun ... Run left , Right , left , make the Sonic Speed taunt right in the battle even if it make me lose a game , it was funny. Back Trown , down taunt and trying to do D-air spike . The game ended in a Spinshot D-Air Spike ...

I won 3 Amiibo of my choice . But i'm not happy . Why Sonic player are allways hated ? I just wanted to have fun ...
hold up hold up hold up

spinshot dair spike?
....lmfao wtf that's probably the MOST disrespectful thing you can do as sonic xDD Like you cannot recover at all after that you went offstage with the sole purpose of ending his life.

I do agree with you on sonics universally being hated though, just a thing you're gonna have to accept. People be biased.

If you wanna be cool, win with ganon. or falcon. but never sanic

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Sonic in smash has always more the most part been met with people complaining about him, even in brawls infancy. Just now instead of people saying "ugh a sonic" they now say "ugh a sonic, now he can kill". (:\

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im kinda sad none of you called me or came to my stream.

But let me cliffnote what i found so i dont forget
FSD:
does 9-12 % with the roll.
Has a bigger hitbOx (and possibly a smaller hurt box) Which along with the damage increase, results in higher all around priority
beats spindash consistently in the sonic ditto.
is invincible to grabs
is invincible to transcendent hitbox attacks
beats or clanks (but usually beats) all rapid jabs cleanly
combos into homing attack after up air stops working
combos into spring up air at kill percents
has some weird mechanic where if you start the move going away from the opponent, but start it inside the opponents hurtbox, it does this weird thing where it instantly does either a 3 hit 16% or 4 hit 24% combo. And i mean instant, like the only way i knew it was more than one hit was because of the training mode combo counter. And if you react fast enough, you can jump out before it s and stil combo out of it with up air or homing attack

kataridragon

Smash Ace
My worst problem is I can be read easily. Anyone got any tips to break the habit. Normally Im pretty fresh but right now Im like paint by numbers.

Flow chart Sonic!!!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Cam, i already got the videos on my wii,just wait till i get these bad boys on youtube.
I'm waiting~
A. Call me and ill talk to you directly about what i figured out 5854142997
Are you hitting on me?~
Im kinda sad none of you called me or came to my stream.
How cute!~
But let me cliffnote what i found so i dont forget
FSD:
does 9-12 % with the roll.
Has a bigger hitbOx (and possibly a smaller hurt box) Which along with the damage increase, results in higher all around priority
beats spindash consistently in the sonic ditto.
is invincible to grabs
is invincible to transcendent hitbox attacks
beats or clanks (but usually beats) all rapid jabs cleanly
combos into homing attack after up air stops working
combos into spring up air at kill percents
has some weird mechanic where if you start the move going away from the opponent, but start it inside the opponents hurtbox, it does this weird thing where it instantly does either a 3 hit 16% or 4 hit 24% combo. And i mean instant, like the only way i knew it was more than one hit was because of the training mode combo counter. And if you react fast enough, you can jump out before it s and stil combo out of it with up air or homing attack
Ugh fine I guess I'll test customs more. Ugh.
Its very addicting. That and he music is good
Is it out already?
Flow chart Sonic!!!
Flow chart Sonic is so bad. His strengths are in his mix-up and bait/punish game lmao.

:093:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
How do you guys approach sonic vs olimar ;/
used to ASC cancel to get in in Brawl but now it feels a lot harder to approach.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Bait non-purple/white throws then dash grab in. Stay mid range. Get him in the air then ravage him. :applejack:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
My worst problem is I can be read easily. Anyone got any tips to break the habit. Normally Im pretty fresh but right now Im like paint by numbers.

Flow chart Sonic!!!
I get that way sometimes when I'm just playing sonic too much, I just go work on another character for a bit and when I come back to Sonic I feel freshened up.

:131:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I have been SDing a lot myself lately. Been working on spins for recover :/

Yeah sheik is the worst MU for sonic. Honestly I thought about counter picking sheik..... But that's just diddy kong. LAME!

Edit: Apparently Lucario is one of sheiks tougher matches. I guess maybe I have figured out my secondary. Team blue animals.

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
The Sheik MU is horrible for us.. I'd learn Lucario but.. Mewtwo.

Yeah, still hoping that Mewtwo is going to be a hard counter for Sheik.
Aside from already being a hard counter for Sonic, ofc :150:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sheik is bad for Sonic, but I think Shulk is far worse against Sheik, lol.

We all know that Mewtwo is going to obviously hard counter Sonic. It's just inevitable.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hmmmm... i dont think sheik is going to be that bad for us.

You gotta realize, sonic has priority now, you can cahchallenge a lot of sheiks moves now

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
And sonic gets juggled like a mofo in this game. I noticed espy in your set vwvs Karna you would spring then dair instantly to get back to the ground immediately, and I agree with that 1000%, being in the air vs shiek is a pretty lame place to be.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So

I was able to chain Burning Spin Dash into Usmash without going into SDJ on Pilotwings while the plane was tilting. Sonic immediately went from the roll to the Usmash startup with nothing inbetween.

Not a one time thing either. I was able to do the same thing on Kongo Jungle's bottom inclines.

Has this been observed here before? Sonic could have guaranteed kill confirms on Skyloft, Siege, and Delfino because of this now.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
And sonic gets juggled like a mofo in this game. I noticed espy in your set vwvs Karna you would spring then dair instantly to get back to the ground immediately, and I agree with that 1000%, being in the air vs shiek is a pretty lame place to be.
Even this is unsafe and really easy for Sheik to bait and punish... Sigh.
So

I was able to chain Burning Spin Dash into Usmash without going into SDJ on Pilotwings while the plane was tilting. Sonic immediately went from the roll to the Usmash startup with nothing inbetween.

Not a one time thing either. I was able to do the same thing on Kongo Jungle's bottom inclines.

Has this been observed here before? Sonic could have guaranteed kill confirms on Skyloft, Siege, and Delfino because of this now.
Hm, sounds like how Spin Dash can normally be slope canceled, but perhaps BSD can initiate it more easily since it skips the "hop" step. Definitely sounds worthwhile to look into.

If only I could ****ing unlock BSD.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm trying to replicate it right now, but I can't seem to get it to work again. Seems to be as hard to pull off as Yoshi's Dragonic Reverse in Brawl, lol.

Maybe it requires the hitlag from hitting your target in order to get it to chain right, which is fine, but it means you can't throw it out as a surprise option if your target's got the shield up.

I've got the Pilotwings match saved, so I can see about recording it and getting it up, though I lack proper recording equipment.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
That's true but there I a very good counter to this. A well placed up b from sheik can destroy this option.

Lucario sucks... Hopefully Mewtwo is like lucario just not sucky. (Actually he isn't that bad. I play him like Gdorf and it works out. But seriously Mewtwo)

Edit: mind f'ing this sheik online right meow

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I've got the Pilotwings match saved, so I can see about recording it and getting it up, though I lack proper recording equipment.
As long as you can capture it on something that's not a potato, I'm sure it's fine... Just so we can see and comprehend what happened.
I just did Trophy Rush Cam. Got all of Sonic's in less than half an hour. :applejack:
I was relying on Smash Run which worked for a while, but lately it's been giving me ****. I'll try Trophy Rush next time I go farming.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hm, sounds like how Spin Dash can normally be slope canceled, but perhaps BSD can initiate it more easily since it skips the "hop" step. Definitely sounds worthwhile to look into.

If by skip you mean doesn't allow much else to be done due to it's poor jumping mechanics, okay then.

As long as you can capture it on something that's not a potato, I'm sure it's fine... Just so we can see and comprehend what happened.

Potatoes are so easily assessable for people, though. A value-sized potato is $1.07.

... *Cough.* I hate being sick. I've been sick for a week. It kind of sucks. I remembered the days where I was a shut-in loser who hardly left his house. Those where days where I could've counted the sick-free days on a chalk board and tallied them.

Those days are gone now. :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sheik cant kill.

She has everything going for her but the games mecmechanics work against her, dont get bouncing fished offstage, dont airdodge into up bs and dont get caught buy tipper up smashes.

Doingnthese 3 things makes every charactwrs sheik matchup much more fair. Because the longer it takes fornher to kill, the higher the chances she dies at 80 or something.

Also fsd for flame spindash is more easily recognisable than bsd brcause we already have bs in other acronyms

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Sheik cant kill.

She has everything going for her but the games mecmechanics work against her, dont get bouncing fished offstage, dont airdodge into up bs and dont get caught buy tipper up smashes.

Doingnthese 3 things makes every charactwrs sheik matchup much more fair. Because the longer it takes fornher to kill, the higher the chances she dies at 80 or something.

Also fsd for flame spindash is more easily recognisable than bsd brcause we already have bs in other acronyms
Its not that simple... Doing those things does make the mu more bareable but RAR bair near the ledge can kill and is probably her easiest kill move.
Percent leads also matter a lot less in this mu since shiek can rack up damage so quickly. I agree that avoiding kill moves should be the highest priority, as rage sonic is pretty fearsome.
Using side be startup invincibility helps to counter her aerial approaches of you time it right.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
She's not easy mode like Diddy but she can be safe in almost any situation. She's the queen of stealing double jumps, punishing landings, racking up damage, frame traps, edgeguarding, etc. Her only weaknesses are lack of reliable KOs I guess and maybe bad landing options but if she keeps hitting you, you'll eventually die.

Yes, it's true that she puts us in rage (both in the game and out) but like, relying on her getting you to near death and then running it back isn't exactly what I'd call ideal.

I think BSD is just fine as far as acronyms go.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
While i can freely admit that im not as good as denti, i do play a pretty solid aheik and im just telling you how i lose 90 percent ofnthe games i lose with her

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's awfully humble of you.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
That's why I'm digging lucario. When he is raged out it's like who gives a damn anymore. I literally just chill and try to freak opponents out. Seriously lucario is a pretty solid counter pick to shiek. Since she is only good at racking up damage and not actually killing Lucario just gets stronger and better. I like it.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
So I've been given a weeks holiday I couldn't turn down. Thought I'd make the most of it and try complete as many ps2 games as I can. Started the most old beat up version of sonic heroes today. No music, VERY delayed sound effects, constant freezing. Still less broken than '06

:174:

Top Bottom