• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Point and laugh all you want, but I liked the Stage Builder from Brawl better.
Take the best bits from Brawl and 4's Stage Builders and Frankenstein them together; BAM, you'd have the best stage builder, IMHO.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Unleashed was so close to being a great game.

So close.

Werehog levels wouldn't be AWFUL if they weren't SO DAMN LONG. Like, the controls are meh (combat is pretty good actually but jumping and climbing is a headache) plus the SAME SONG that comes on for every battle gets so annoying.

Also, the story takes a dive after the amazing opening cutscene. Not to mention that Sonic's model looks so clean in comparison to the werehog's bad hair renders.

Medals can bite my ***.

:093:
This is excatly how I feel about unleashed. Like I loved the day stages but if I wanted a beat em up id just play Bayonetta.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Are you guys talking about HD unleashed or wii unleashed?

Wii Unleashed doesn't force medal collecting and has shorter werehog stages, as well as not foring you into that awful airplane quick time level in the beginning. But the wii version has the worst excuse for overworlds I have ever seen. I am still in the very beginning of PS3 Unleashed so some things may happen that change my opinion.

Also, the werehog would have been cooler if it was not werewolf Sonic but another character. The platforming sections with the werehog could be pretty damn fun.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Also, the werehog would have been cooler if it was not werewolf Sonic but another character. The platforming sections with the werehog could be pretty damn fun.
Like, I dunno... Knuckles? :p

Although the whole combat and level design around the stretchy arms mechanic would have to be redesigned. Although It seemed stupid at first, I actually liked how they incorporated that mechanic.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
The stretchy arms made the platforming parts fun. It could be Knuckles or shadow with chaos tethers (?). Or it could be a new character who sacrifices hinself at the end. But if it's Shadow they could do a new morality thing that doesn't function like the one in Shadow the Hedgehog. Or they could have had some sort of moraltiy system with the werehog already to make the story more interesting.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
WiiS2's Unleashed Overworld I love because I can just jump straight to the levels without care. I don't like having to run around and do crap just to play the next stage.

Colors was perfect. :applejack:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I like running around in seections that aren't the levels. It gives a breather almost.

Colors was ddfinitely not perfect. There were too many 2D sections for a 3D game, wisps were really gimmicky, and the boost meter was too short. Out of the 3 boost games (Unleashed, Colors, Generations) Colors is my least favorite. I like it about as much as Sonic Heroes, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Sonic Lost Worlld 3ds.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I never really got into Sonic Colors. I still have my copy, but I didn't get very far before I got bored with it. At least Chuggaaconroy did an LP of it with ProtonJon helping with the multiplayer mode.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like running around in seections that aren't the levels. It gives a breather almost.
Pause button does the same thing.

Colors was ddfinitely not perfect.
lol

There were too many 2D sections for a 3D game
rofl

wisps were really gimmicky
This isn't Lost World.

and the boost meter was too short.
That's because you're bad.

Out of the 3 boost games (Unleashed, Colors, Generations) Colors is my least favorite.
That's also because you're bad.

I like it about as much as Sonic Heroes, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Sonic Lost Worlld 3ds.
This is so sad. What, are you ten? :applejack:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
I had Sonic Unleashed and I loved it so much. Got teh wii version. Its really only fun when you play it once. I wanna play it again since I loved it so much but its literally unplayable now.
WiiS2's Unleashed Overworld I love because I can just jump straight to the levels without care
Loved that as well.

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Pause button does the same thing.

lol

rofl

This isn't Lost World.

That's because you're bad.

That's also because you're bad.

This is so sad. What, are you ten? :applejack:

Myabe I am bad. That's still going to affect my judgement and opinions. Why is it so sad that I don't like 3 And Knuckles that much. I thought it was uglier than the other genesis games, Knuckles was not fun to play as (laggy landings suck). Most of the time the wisps are unnecessary as all hell. I just enjoyed Unleashed and Generations more than Colors. I generally prefer 3d levels to 2d levels, so there was way too much 2d for me in Colors (especially when some 3d levels are just Secret Rings style levels where you can only shift left or right).

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I pity the fact that you're too arrogant to respect other opinions unless I'm being baited by you. Either way, I disagree with you about video games and that apparently makes me someone to pity which is really hilarious. Someone got fed a silver spoon. Oh and I'm not 10 although I am young.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Unfrotunately, Sonic still hasn't transitioned well to 3D, hence to constant reboots of his gameplay these past 10+ years. As much as I enjoyed the boost based gameplay, they completely removed the core mechanic of the franchise: earning your speed (mainly through momentum based platforming in the 2D games). A boost button totally nullifies this, which is why Colours and the DS Rush games handled it somewhat better by making it more difficult to manage, which felt much more rewarding when you used your boost gauge correctly. This is why I still believe no 3D Sonic game come even close to the original genesis/mega drive games in terms of plain fun and rewarding platforming. The only game that tried to transition the 2D momentum based physics to 3D stuff was Sonic Adventure 1 :3

Also YoYoFanta, Sonic 3K is f'ing beautiful :p. Hydrocity, Carnival Night, Hidden Palace, Sky Sanctuary, Death Egg? It's probably just my nostalgia goggles, but I still think it's one of the best looking 2D platformers for its time haha. Also Knuckles will play slow/laggy if your landing from a glide at inappropriate times and/or not following up with quick spindashes. I won't go into detail but there are some pretty cool **** you can do with his glide. Just watch any Knuckles speed runs ;)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
There's so many unfortunate things that I had to read so I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible.
There were too many 2D sections for a 3D game
... How is that a bad thing? The game switches between both. There are tons of games with 3D graphics and side-scrolling.

Most people would wish the whole game was 2D Sonic.
Out of the 3 boost games (Unleashed, Colors, Generations) Colors is my least favorite. I like it about as much as Sonic Heroes, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Sonic Lost Worlld 3ds.
whoa how did S3&K slip in there

Also, you missed a boost game. Rush was the first boost game, and probably still the best.
Why is it so sad that I don't like 3 And Knuckles that much. I thought it was uglier than the other genesis games
I'm just going to be honest and say I genuinely do feel bad if you think that this is true.

Like, objectively speaking, S3&K was the pinnacle. The art direction, music, narrative, etc. went beyond anything Sonic had ever done before.
This isn't Lost World. :applejack:
Yeah? I don't think the Wisps are gimmicky in Lost World at all, as they're literally not required at all throughout the game. You can just ignore them if you want. They just offer another way to complete the level.

It's not 3D World where you're forcefed power-ups because you literally need them to beat the level.
I had Sonic Unleashed and I loved it so much. Got teh wii version. Its really only fun when you play it once. I wanna play it again since I loved it so much but its literally unplayable now. Loved that as well.
How?

Sonic Unleashed is best when you actually beat it because you can go back and just play the daytime levels over and over again and not deal with the **** in the game.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Its unplayable because of my grinding for days playstyle. Many tears were had when I 100%ed the game. Should of been more specific. For people who aren't crazy like me and just play for fun, I can see why replaying would be fun. My B

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ah, well, I think there's a crazy element to wanting to memorize the daytime levels and replaying them over and over...

Probably the hardest boost game out of all of them. Makes it amazingly rewarding when you master the level.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
The DLC levels were actually pretty challenging and insanely fun to replay and S rank >:D

Edit:

Also, why do people apply negative connotations with gimmicks? Sonic has always been about gimmicks, stage specific, character specific, or game-wide. Just depends if they are used correctly or not.

S3K did gimmicks almost perfectly. Elemental shields were fun to use and changed how you approached a level. Different characters did not completely change the way you play, only added variance and allowed you to access different paths (especially Knuckles). Little things like the clouds and spinning platforms in Sky Sanctuary were fun to use. However, it has one huge offender which is the stupid light beam transportation stage gimmick in Death Egg Zone. Takes all control away from you for way too long and you're forced to watch it play out...

I dunno, maybe my definition of a "game gimmick" is wrong...

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Unfrotunately, Sonic still hasn't transitioned well to 3D, hence to constant reboots of his gameplay these past 10+ years. As much as I enjoyed the boost based gameplay, they completely removed the core mechanic of the franchise: earning your speed (mainly through momentum based platforming in the 2D games). A boost button totally nullifies this, which is why Colours and the DS Rush games handled it somewhat better by making it more difficult to manage, which felt much more rewarding when you used your boost gauge correctly. This is why I still believe no 3D Sonic game come even close to the original genesis/mega drive games in terms of plain fun and rewarding platforming. The only game that tried to transition the 2D momentum based physics to 3D stuff was Sonic Adventure 1 :3

Also YoYoFanta, Sonic 3K is f'ing beautiful :p. Hydrocity, Carnival Night, Hidden Palace, Sky Sanctuary, Death Egg? It's probably just my nostalgia goggles, but I still think it's one of the best looking 2D platformers for its time haha. Also Knuckles will play slow/laggy if your landing from a glide at inappropriate times and/or not following up with quick spindashes. I won't go into detail but there are some pretty cool **** you can do with his glide. Just watch any Knuckles speed runs ;)
There's so many unfortunate things that I had to read so I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible.

... How is that a bad thing? The game switches between both. There are tons of games with 3D graphics and side-scrolling.

Most people would wish the whole game was 2D Sonic.

whoa how did S3&K slip in there

Also, you missed a boost game. Rush was the first boost game, and probably still the best.

I'm just going to be honest and say I genuinely do feel bad if you think that this is true.

Like, objectively speaking, S3&K was the pinnacle. The art direction, music, narrative, etc. went beyond anything Sonic had ever done before.

Yeah? I don't think the Wisps are gimmicky in Lost World at all, as they're literally not required at all throughout the game. You can just ignore them if you want. They just offer another way to complete the level.

It's not 3D World where you're forcefed power-ups because you literally need them to beat the level.

How?

Sonic Unleashed is best when you actually beat it because you can go back and just play the daytime levels over and over again and not deal with the **** in the game.

When I said it was ugly I was thinking of Sonic's model. The backgrounds look great but Sonic looks kinda weird. I think it's something to do with the color pallete. I also have a habit of jumping around a lot when waiting for events to happen in genesis Sonic games, which isn't possible with Knuckles laggy landing from a glide.

Cammy, there were alot of 2D filler levels in Colors added onto the fact that the 3d levels would switch between 2D and 3D and that some 3D levels were levels were you are constantly running and can only turn left and right. I am one of the few people who enjoy most of the 3d Sonic games so it kinda irritated me the second time around. Those four games are the games that I do like but not as muh as some other Sonic games (Sonic 1, 2, CD, Adventure, Aadventure 2, Unleashed, Generations). The console boost games generally seem to be separated from the handheld boost games and I haven't played Rush yet so I can't decide my opinion on it yet.

I totally ****ed up why I didn't like Sonic 3 and Knuckles as much by starting with the graphics argument. I just generally didn't enjoy it as much as the other Genesis games. I'm nnnot really sure why but those were some things that I could pin down. You can't have an objective peak in video game quality because quality is entirely subjective. Besides, those things you mentioned (while I think they were done better in other Sonic games) have nothing to do with the gameplay which is the most important part to any game. Don't feel bad for me just because I have a different opinion than you.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
When I said it was ugly I was thinking of Sonic's model. The backgrounds look great but Sonic looks kinda weird. I think it's something to do with the color pallete. I also have a habit of jumping around a lot when waiting for events to happen in genesis Sonic games, which isn't possible with Knuckles laggy landing from a glide.
Sonic 1 & 2 has pancake feet.
sonics_standing_b.png

Just look at that. Sonic's arm left is a weird noodle with a nub. On the right, his fists are rounded, and everything about him is rounder and cleaner. His feet stand at attention instead of on flat plane, he has a smirk instead of a dead face, etc. The amount of personality in Sonic 3's animations are beautiful. The spritework is brilliant.

You're also talking to the guy who made a Sonic 3 sprite out of perler beads.
Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 12.06.38 AM.png

Cammy, there were alot of 2D filler levels in Colors added onto the fact that the 3d levels would switch between 2D and 3D and that some 3D levels were levels were you are constantly running and can only turn left and right.
Colors had its problems, and I'll agree with you that there were filler levels, but I disagree with your reasoning for disliking the game as a whole. The switch between 2D and 3D is common in all the boost games and I think it's a great dynamic, so I don't know how this weighs down Colors more than others.
I am one of the few people who enjoy most of the 3d Sonic games so it kinda irritated me the second time around. Those four games are the games that I do like but not as muh as some other Sonic games (Sonic 1, 2, CD, Adventure, Aadventure 2, Unleashed, Generations). The console boost games generally seem to be separated from the handheld boost games and I haven't played Rush yet so I can't decide my opinion on it yet.
I enjoy 3D Sonic as well. This is also the guy who liked Lost World though for its platforming and ability to traverse the levels with new mechanics. I think grabbing ledges and running up walls is perfect for Sonic, as I can't tell you how many times I'd barely miss a jump in Colors because of jank.

Rush is amazing. Easily one of the best modern Sonic games, imho.
I totally ****ed up why I didn't like Sonic 3 and Knuckles as much by starting with the graphics argument. I just generally didn't enjoy it as much as the other Genesis games.
Oh, but I disagree with that too.
I'm nnnot really sure why but those were some things that I could pin down. You can't have an objective peak in video game quality because quality is entirely subjective. Besides, those things you mentioned (while I think they were done better in other Sonic games) have nothing to do with the gameplay which is the most important part to any game. Don't feel bad for me just because I have a different opinion than you.
I do feel bad, though. Genuinely. That's my opinion.
For narrative, I'm talking purely Genesis era. The visual storytelling with no cutscenes or dialogue is truly remarkable in S3&K. The subtlety and motivation is pure genius. I've written essays on this game, so I have plenty of material to support this. Angel Island alone has so much going on that missing out on this experience is honestly a shame.

If you want me to get started on gameplay, S3&K completely blows 1 and 2 out of the water.

1 and 2 suffer from similar problems. They both have a lot of "stop and go" gameplay. Sonic 1 not having a Spin Dash didn't help it, so Sonic 2 at least made improvements with that.

Look at Marble Zone, for example. The platforming is fun, but there's SO MUCH WAITING. Also, I despise Aquatic Ruin Zone in Sonic 2. Enemies breaking out of walls, hidden arrows... Literally just meant to ruin you unless you memorize it. Not at all forecasted. Really bad forced stop and go. Every mechanic in S3&K encourages the idea of Sonic's speed and forward momentum to advance. The level design and objectives in each map are excellent (with the exception of the ONE FLAW Carnival Night). That's my problem too with those small hurdles in boost games. If you've never played the level before, they're near impossible to notice.
If you want, I can attach the essay I wrote for a class on why S3&K is the peak of the 2D Sonic era, but I figured I'd spare that.

Also, I'm not directly calling you out, but I just honestly can't help but feel bad for people who can't see everything that S3&K offers... Especially if they're going to call themselves Sonic fans. I'm very passionate about this, and almost every single person who says Sonic 2 is their favorite is because they don't know any better. Good game still, but nostalgia goggles at its finest if that is winning over Sonic 3 (most people didn't play it who pick Sonic 2 simply because Sonic 2 sold more copies as we were already moving into the 3D generation).

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
I wasn't a huge fan of Rush, or any of the boost games for that matter. I guess they thought spin dash was too jank to implement in the third dimension post-Sonic Adventure.

As for Rush, there's basically no reason to ever spin since boost exists. A Sonic game (a 2D one no less) where you never need to use a staple move since the franchise's inception? cmon son

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm not as in love with the boost games as a lot of people are, but Rush was so fresh and well executed that I fell in love with it. Some of the most fun I had playing Sonic during a time of really bad Sonic games.

Also, boost over Spin Dash isn't a bad thing... Spin Dash was added to compliment the environment. Boost is the equivalent. Nothing wrong with that, imo. Also yet another that I liked Lost World because it was a break from boost...

Handheld has a good track record though for the most part. The Advance series, Battle, Rush, and Colors was basically just another Rush game which was hype. Generations was good on 3DS too. Lost World was a disappointment. Wii U was far better.

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
I really wish they'd get the Jet Grind Radio guy to do more Sonic music, that was probably my favorite part of the whole game!

I liked the first Sonic Advance a WHOLE lot. I think it is probably the perfect handheld Sonic game and the worthiest follow-up to S3&K of the post-Genesis world. Advance 2 was kind of boring for me (Hold Right: The Game) but I really liked the idea of the constant running bosses and I want another game to do those, they were very cool and appropriate. Advance 3 was novel but a little too confusing and grandiose... Chao collecting: THE WORST. After Rush I didn't pay much attention to the series, but I'm interested in Colors and Lost World for WiiU.

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Actually Sonic 1 is my favorite genesis game. My favorite Sonic game is either Sonic 1 or Adventure 1. And I'm a high school freshman who just played these games last year so I don't have nostalgia bias.

Sonic's model in one and 2 looks determined and ready to kick ass. The limbs don't bother me too much since I'm moving or jumping most of the time. Sonic's model in 3&K looks kinda chubby and crosseyed. His smirk is barely noticeable and really doesn't exude a character of cockiness but derpiness instead.

I only played 3ds Lost World which had some total bull**** levels. Is the wii u version any better? I want to try it for myself. My friend also lent me Rush and I've been meaning to play it, but haven't gotten to it yet.

There are a couple of other levels other than Carnival Night that are way too choppy in their flow, like Sandopolis Zone. Other than Aquatic Ruin zone and Metropolis Zone, were there really that many stop and go levels in Sonic 2? I do agree with you on storytelling but I never really cared much about the story in Sonic games.

I think I understand what you're saying in this last paragraph, but I played through Sonic 3 and Knuckles 3 times (once Sonic and Tails, once Sonic, once Tails, and I tried with Knuckles but stopped at Hydrocity boss with him) so I know what the game is offering. It's just that I end up wanting to replay the other genesis games more. But I definitely understand what you're saying about feeling bad for me not really liking it since you really do. I feel that way a lot about music and Sonic in general (both in Smash and as a video game series).

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I liked the first Sonic Advance a WHOLE lot. I think it is probably the perfect handheld Sonic game and the worthiest follow-up to S3&K of the post-Genesis world. Advance 2 was kind of boring for me (Hold Right: The Game) but I really liked the idea of the constant running bosses and I want another game to do those, they were very cool and appropriate. Advance 3 was novel but a little too confusing and grandiose... Chao collecting: THE WORST.
Sonic Advance was great for sure. I can't remember the level design that well for 2, but I completely agree about the boss battles. Come to think of it, those may be some of the most fun boss fights of Sonic games...

3 I still thought was fun, and I appreciated them trying something new the with duo mechanics. I appreciate it, but I'd probably pick 1 or 2 for gameplay over that one.
After Rush I didn't pay much attention to the series, but I'm interested in Colors and Lost World for WiiU.
Rush is a favorite, but I do recommend Colors & Generations. Generations is a gorgeous, tastefully executed nostalgia bomb. Lost World was a lot of fun and a sort of fresh take on the roots of Sonic (no boost, more platforming).
Actually Sonic 1 is my favorite genesis game. My favorite Sonic game is either Sonic 1 or Adventure 1. And I'm a high school freshman who just played these games last year so I don't have nostalgia bias.
Sonic 1 I mostly play for nostalgia and appreciate as being the first of the franchise. Still fun.

The Adventure games have a lot more flaws than people care to admit. I still love them, but they're best played after you've beaten it and you can just pick your favorite maps. SA2B will always be awesome, but still not faultless.
Sonic's model in one and 2 looks determined and ready to kick ***. The limbs don't bother me too much since I'm moving or jumping most of the time. Sonic's model in 3&K looks kinda chubby and crosseyed. His smirk is barely noticeable and really doesn't exude a character of cockiness but derpiness instead.
I simply cannot argue this because it will only end in pain.
I only played 3ds Lost World which had some total bull**** levels. Is the wii u version any better? I want to try it for myself. My friend also lent me Rush and I've been meaning to play it, but haven't gotten to it yet.
3DS version is pretty bad. Wii U is a lot better. Hit or miss with some people, but I think it's solid and I recommend it.

I'm going to keep hyping up Rush.
There are a couple of other levels other than Carnival Night that are way too choppy in their flow, like Sandopolis Zone. Other than Aquatic Ruin zone and Metropolis Zone, were there really that many stop and go levels in Sonic 2? I do agree with you on storytelling but I never really cared much about the story in Sonic games.
Sandopolis is probably the weakest, I'll admit, but I don't think it's as big of a headache as Aquatic Ruin.

The sheer sense of adventure in S3&K is unreal and totally takes it to the next level. Every level ends with some transition, and you can really feel the journey. Things like Sonic getting aboard Flying Battery Zone are such unforgettable moments.
I think I understand what you're saying in this last paragraph, but I played through Sonic 3 and Knuckles 3 times (once Sonic and Tails, once Sonic, once Tails, and I tried with Knuckles but stopped at Hydrocity boss with him) so I know what the game is offering. It's just that I end up wanting to replay the other genesis games more. But I definitely understand what you're saying about feeling bad for me not really liking it since you really do. I feel that way a lot about music and Sonic in general (both in Smash and as a video game series).
Well, I can only say so much. I'm not here to berate or belittle anyone's preference, but I will say that I grew up at a pretty ideal age. I had all the Genesis games at my disposal and played them relentlessly but also seamlessly broke into the 3D era so I don't have as sharp of a divide between 2D and 3D Sonic. I just love Sonic.

I would always go back to 3&K, and many years later, I wanted to revisit them all to see how they held up. I still get goosebumps from that game and I think I only appreciated it more with age as I could really pinpoint what it was that enamored me so much more than the others.
I just liked the Chao gardens...
You and everyone else.

Made SA2B more liked for that alone...
God. Everyone in here is a pleb except Cam. :applejack:
:shades:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
By the way guys, found out Sonic's Stomp custom jab locks from 0-94%, and is guaranteed from a footstool onstage. Most likely guaranteed offstage on larger characters.

Sonic gets a free 0-41% string anywhere from 0-94% because of this. 40% whenever you land a spin of any kind.
It's pretty godlike. :applejack:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
So, some people just don't like good games. Leave them be :)
S3&K is a masterpiece wether you like it or not. But some people might not like it. It's OK.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Are we really arguing about sprites between games? Back in my day TVs were the size of my **** and you genuinely couldn't tell the difference.

There were some dud levels in all the games (maybe not 3, carnival night zone doesn't irk me at all in the same way marble hill or aquatic ruin zone etc do) Knuckles had the prettiest levels, lava reef act 2 onwards are godlike.

People recommend colours then yeah? Its only that and black knight I never had console wise. But secret rings was a travesty and bk looks worse.

:yeahboi:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What? Even as a kid I immediately realized Sonic looked different in 3 than in 2. Way better.
Black Knight is better than Secret Rings. But you're a ***** so I don't recommend it.

Go die Abys. Back to the Yoshi boards with you. :applejack:

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Sonic Riders is my favorite, none of the other Sonic games can compare to the breakneck speeds that you are subjected to in that game.

Truly a masterpiece of epic proportions

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, I have to agree…

As a kid, I clearly noticed that S3&K was much more of a spectacle. Sonic and the gang just looked so cool. Angel Island felt so fresh and full of life, then the atmosphere changes completely after Robotnik ruins it. That was the other amazing thing about S3&K… Transforming levels. Emerald Hill was just a repurposed Green Hill.

Carnival Night is fine EXCEPT for that one part that you have to hold up and down to move the stupid thing that the game never teaches you I got stuck there for SO LONG as a kid. Literally my only gameplay complaint.

But yeah, pick up Colors. Solid game. Don't lump it with the storybook series.

Also, I actually liked the first Sonic Riders… lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's because the first sonic Riders was amazing.
I didn't beat Sonic 3 until I was in middle school because of that barrel. :applejack:

Top Bottom